Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Why I’m Running For For President Again — Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I’m Running For For President Again — Buhari (502 Views)

I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode / Don’t Let Jonathan Deceive You Again – Buhari / I'll Stop My Husband From Becoming President Again - Patience Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I’m Running For For President Again — Buhari by joan1: 6:38pm On Sep 30, 2014
A former Head of State, Muhammadu Buhari, on Tuesday said he would contest the 2015 presidential election on the platform of the All Progressives Congress, APC.
He said he decided to run because the Peoples Democratic Party-led federal administrations from 1999 till date were purposeless and that there appears not to be a government in place in Nigeria at present.
Mr. Buhari, who disclosed this in Abuja while addressing about 60 different groups urging him to run for the presidency said he would make his declaration formal on October 8.
The APC leader criticised the PDP-led administration since 1999, saying they lacked purpose. He said in the circumstance, it is important for him to step in to seek an opportunity to salvage the situation.
According to him, “Today, we are in the 15th year of purposeless leadership by the PDP and all we have seen is unprecedented deterioration in the security and law and order situation, astronomical rise in the incidence and intensity of corruption, and in the failure of governance.
“And as we reach this last lap of the journey, I would like to request that we concentrate all our effort and energy toward realising and achieving change in how this country is run.
“The only way to meaningful change in this country is to vote the PDP out of power to which it was never legitimately elected, anyway. The task before us today is wide ranging and very great. The first and most important is to take away power from those who have been misusing it.
“Indeed, except for the call of patriotism, public-spiritedness and an abiding love for the people off this country, nothing will today make honest, honourable and sane politician want to be saddled with Nigeria and an economy in trouble and a society in even deeper trouble – with its perilous security situation, with its extensive and almost unmanageable corruption and with its pervasive lawlessness. And a government – is there really a government? – that is not working.”

More Here: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/168851-why-im-running-for-president-again-buhari.html
Re: Why I’m Running For For President Again — Buhari by inteli: 6:43pm On Sep 30, 2014
weeping, wailling, mourning and nashing of teeth awaits you once again on that journey!
Re: Why I’m Running For For President Again — Buhari by Idumose(m): 6:48pm On Sep 30, 2014
inteli: weeping, wailling, mourning and nashing of teeth awaits you once again on that journey!
‎​grin gringrin gringrin gringrin grin
grin gringrin gringrin gringrin grin
Re: Why I’m Running For For President Again — Buhari by farano(f): 6:51pm On Sep 30, 2014
Old men angry.... abeg make dem comot for road for young men jare
Re: Why I’m Running For For President Again — Buhari by eightsin(m): 7:15pm On Sep 30, 2014
Make this man go rest abegi. Serial loser!

(1) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau Releases Another Video! / 2015: PDP, APC Battle To Woo Obasanjo / Texas Ebola Patient Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.