Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Just Bought My First Car Camry Pencil Light - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Just Bought My First Car Camry Pencil Light (4809 Views)

Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. / Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 / Advice On First Car To Buy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Bought My First Car Camry Pencil Light by charly24: 9:58pm On Sep 30, 2014
Hello gurus in d house please I just bought my ride today toyota camry 1999 modern kindly advise on good service tips on maintenance as per the right oil to use for the engine of the car. Thanks once again

4 Likes

Re: Just Bought My First Car Camry Pencil Light by Abduletudaye(m): 10:44pm On Sep 30, 2014
charly24: Hello gurus in d house please I just bought my ride today toyota camry 1999 modern kindly advise on good service tips on maintenance as per the right oil to use for the engine of the car. Thanks once again

Congrats bro.. I pray you buy a bigger car soon..

Just make sure you top the oil 3 months interval, always replace the radiator water weekly.. Try to gauge the tries after a month...try not to use your fuel till it gets to the reserve... Enjoy your new whip..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Bought My First Car Camry Pencil Light by danadam(m): 10:56pm On Sep 30, 2014
which of the oil is he goin to "top" weekly? if he adds water/coolant every week, then something is wrong with his cooling system. Congratulations on your new ride.

5 Likes

Re: Just Bought My First Car Camry Pencil Light by danadam(m): 10:56pm On Sep 30, 2014
which of the oil is he goin to "top" weekly? if he adds water/coolant every week, then something is wrong with his cooling system.

3 Likes

Re: Just Bought My First Car Camry Pencil Light by charly24: 11:46pm On Sep 30, 2014
Thanks u guys God bless u more advice pls
Re: Just Bought My First Car Camry Pencil Light by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 01, 2014
charly24: Thanks u guys God bless u more advice pls
congrats
Re: Just Bought My First Car Camry Pencil Light by expert101(m): 9:33am On Oct 01, 2014
[size=20pt]The only way to make sure you Toyota Camry lasts is to service regularly depending on the millage you cover or you can stick to servicing it every 5000KM including other periodic checks. Secondly, on no account should you allow inexperienced mechanic even touch your car let alone fixing it. If you stick to my advice your car will survive long. Congrats[/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just Bought My First Car Camry Pencil Light by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 01, 2014
Abduletudaye:

Just make sure you top the oil 3 months interval, always replace the radiator water weekly.. Try to gauge the tries after a month...try not to use your fuel till it gets to the reserve... Enjoy your new whip..

OP, if you follow this Advice, I'm sure you'll follow mechanics who will advice you to "comot ya termostat, connect the fan direct, use 2 cell radiator, top ya engine oyiel with any kind oyiel wey Mallam Rafiu dey sell inside gongoni and jack the yansh of ya motor make d belle no scratch ground again"

Run away from that advice I just pointed out or else na "toybota Cowmry" you go convert that motor into. Trust my words.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Bought My First Car Camry Pencil Light by Abduletudaye(m): 10:15am On Oct 01, 2014
lomomike:

OP, if you follow this Advice, I'm sure you'll follow mechanics who will advice you to "comot ya termostat, connect the fan direct, use 2 cell radiator, top ya engine oyiel with any kind oyiel wey Mallam Rafiu dey sell inside gongoni and jack the yansh of ya motor make d belle no scratch ground again"

Run away from that advice I just pointed out or else na "toybota Cowmry" you go convert that motor into. Trust my words.

I agree that my advice is wrong but i was only trying to help. Since you have also proven me wrong aswel, you can also advice the OP accordingly so he doesn't regret buying a car. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Just Bought My First Car Camry Pencil Light by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 01, 2014
charly24: Hello gurus in d house please I just bought my ride today toyota camry 1999 modern kindly advise on good service tips on maintenance as per the right oil to use for the engine of the car. Thanks once again

OP, religiously read and obey your car owner's manual if you wish to get the best from that car. Don't use oil, and additives not meant for it, follow schedule and routine maintenance Don't alter the car in anyway that pose a risk to you, other people, the environment or the car itself.

If you don't have an owners manual, you can download its PDF format and read thru.
Re: Just Bought My First Car Camry Pencil Light by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:27am On Oct 01, 2014
Abduletudaye:

this is rubbish

1st thing first you need just to monitor becoz all is due to distances you cover eg per week or month

then also then comes the condition of the engine etc

the best is to monitor eg weekly and the results you get from monitoring, makes you decide whether to top up or not
Re: Just Bought My First Car Camry Pencil Light by bravolad(m): 10:56am On Oct 01, 2014
Congratulations @charly24 for your new car. Good to know you finally settled for a camry. Remember, as you have been advised, proper maintenance is vital to peace of mind in car ownership.

The recommended oil for that model is 5W-30 or 10W-30. These grades of engine oil are available in conventional and synthetic blends. The choice of which blend to use is purely personal. Depending on your driving condition(s), Oil Change Interval is 5000 miles.

No matter the circumstance, do not remove your thermostat and ensure your fans are not connected directly. As part of oil change, clean your air filter. It's a bad habit to rev up your engine in the morning as a way to warm the engine. Allow your engine to idle for about 1-2 minutes before driving off.

It's also worthy of note to change your timing belt at 90000 miles as Toyota recommended although it's not an interference engine but you will be stuck if it snaps. Generally, the car is reliable and dependable if properly handled.

Enjoy your ride.

P.S. Please use Toyota coolant for your expansion tank and not water. The red colour is conventional while the pink colour is an upgrade.

2 Likes

Re: Just Bought My First Car Camry Pencil Light by charly24: 6:06pm On Oct 01, 2014
Thanks all d DONS and guru in d house pls I notice airbag sign on my dash board wot dos dis signifies advise pls thanks once more
Re: Just Bought My First Car Camry Pencil Light by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 01, 2014
charly24: Thanks all d DONS and guru in d house pls I notice airbag sign on my dash board wot dos dis signifies advise pls thanks once more

Did you buy the car with that light on or it just came on?
If you bought it in that state, I feel its involved in a collision or had a hard impact which triggered the light to come on.
If it just came on on its own recently without any collision, have the airbag fuse, sensors, and wires checked.
What the Airbag light means is in an undesired case of a front end collision, the airbags won't deploy because there is a malfunction in its system which needs to be checked and corrected.
Re: Just Bought My First Car Camry Pencil Light by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 01, 2014
man, post the pictures of the car, lets see.
and offer more advice wink wink wink wink
Re: Just Bought My First Car Camry Pencil Light by Nobody: 6:42pm On Oct 01, 2014
Op, you might also consider the need to invest in security measures such as pump action, and car cage like the one shown in th picture below wink

3 Likes

Re: Just Bought My First Car Camry Pencil Light by Bossmd: 6:36am On Oct 02, 2014
lomomike: Op, you might also consider the need to invest in security measures such as pump action, and car cage like the one shown in th picture below wink

Lol grin
Re: Just Bought My First Car Camry Pencil Light by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 02, 2014
Now you have gotten yourself into trouble for buying a camry. You must watch your back at all times for robbers might show up. Comprehensive insurance is a must for you as from now on. Steering lock and pedal lock must always accompany you at every journey. Fuel cut must be intact in the car. You must at least install a car tracking device if you really want to have a little peace of mind. You have to pack out of your present home to a more secure area. Always park it close to your window at night so that nothing will tamper within without you knowing.These are my advices for you since you have decided to buy this brand that is highly demanded in the black market. Ignore my advice at your own peril.

7 Likes

Re: Just Bought My First Car Camry Pencil Light by charly24: 4:45am On Oct 03, 2014
Thanks u all for ur comments @ tpacalipse I will stick to ur advise thanks
Re: Just Bought My First Car Camry Pencil Light by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 03, 2014
charly24 post=/post/26820967:
Thanks u all for ur comments @ tpacalipse I will stick to ur advise thanks
Thank you.
Re: Just Bought My First Car Camry Pencil Light by 100Cents: 9:42am On Oct 04, 2014
Abduletudaye:

What do you mean by top oil ? Funny

Dear Op, change your oil and oil filter at least once in two months depending on your usage.. or after every 5, 000 km covered . 4 litre A-Z oil is standard for your Camry engine..

Always check your fluid gauges at least once a week. Hydraulic fluid, gear oil, engine oil, radiator coolant, power steering oil. Also monitor your dashboard everyday for any signs you don't understand.

Any of your fluids that goes down drastically should not just be refilled but a mechanic should be consulted to check why it went down reasonably..
Re: Just Bought My First Car Camry Pencil Light by keyremotes(m): 1:07am On Oct 06, 2014
HOPE YOU LEARNED TO DRIVE PROPERLY O.
THERE ARE LOTS OF INSANE PEOPLE ON OUR ROADS THESE DAYS.

1 Like

Re: Just Bought My First Car Camry Pencil Light by clemz85(m): 1:26pm On Oct 06, 2014
congrats! you are up for good ride.

the first time it will disappoint you will be fuse challenge, i used the car 3 - 4 yrs, no engine work,

just the legs cuz of bad road U knw, sold it 445k dis jan, i saw d buyer some months ago felt lyk taking it back

1 Like

Re: Just Bought My First Car Camry Pencil Light by charly24: 10:55pm On Oct 08, 2014
Wow @ clemz85 dats Gud to hear ama feeling d ride already thanks bro
Re: Just Bought My First Car Camry Pencil Light by PHIPEX(m): 12:39am On Oct 09, 2014
Congrats OP and thanks to all the Ogas in the house. I also got a Camry(big daddy) recently and the advice and recommendations in this sections has become an operation manual to a JJC like me. I' v learnt so much so soon. Please you guys should keep up your good works here.
Re: Just Bought My First Car Camry Pencil Light by charly24: 4:07pm On Oct 11, 2014
Yes una weldone
Re: Just Bought My First Car Camry Pencil Light by megaik: 7:21pm On Oct 12, 2014
bravolad:

No matter the circumstance, do not remove your thermostat and ensure your fans are not connected directly.

pls bravolad, I need more explanation on this cux I am already a victim. I was advised by my mechanic to help drop the engine temperature.
Re: Just Bought My First Car Camry Pencil Light by bravolad(m): 8:17pm On Oct 12, 2014
megaik:

pls bravolad, I need more explanation on this cux I am already a victim. I was advised by my mechanic to help drop the engine temperature.

I believe your check engine light is on. One direct consequence is a drop in mpg. It will take a longer time for your engine to attain optimum temperature. This weakens the engine over time. Your fan is not designed to spin all the time.

The thermostat regulates the flow of coolant but by removing it, you have altered this function.
It is in your best interest to revert to pre-purchase status.
Re: Just Bought My First Car Camry Pencil Light by Eyop: 10:34pm On Oct 12, 2014
lomomike:

grin grin grin
Re: Just Bought My First Car Camry Pencil Light by gulfer: 6:48am On Oct 13, 2014
Congratulobia, we dey wait the drinks for libation o.
Re: Just Bought My First Car Camry Pencil Light by conscienceman4(m): 8:39pm On May 05, 2023
Good evening Gurus in the house.
Just got a Camry but having issues with the front shock absorber system. Have changed the shock to a new one but still have serious shock impact at every bump.
What should I do?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Safety Driving Tips During Festive Period / How Good Is Hardex Engine Oil? / Which Best For Commercial? Honda Odyssey 03, Nissan Quest 04, Or Madza MVP 02?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.