Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,796 members, 7,956,044 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:19 PM

Thread For Lovers Of Asa's "Bed Of Stone" - Music/Radio (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Thread For Lovers Of Asa's "Bed Of Stone" (26188 Views)

Asa - Bed Of Stone (all Tracks) - Download Free / Download Asa Bed Of Stone Full Album Here / [download Full Album]: Asa – Bed Of Stone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Lovers Of Asa's "Bed Of Stone" by docsholz(m): 2:03pm On Oct 04, 2014
I love this girl
Re: Thread For Lovers Of Asa's "Bed Of Stone" by DebbieSean(f): 2:27pm On Oct 04, 2014
She's such a rare gem. Those lyrics are excellent. My kid bro got the album 2days ago n I've been listening to it. Lovers of good music, this is for u. I've alwz loved asa and she didn't disappoint this time. Our generation needs musicians like her, brymo, gt.
My fav:
Eyo
Moving on-(this song touched me)
Dead again
Grateful
Infact I love all the songs on this album!

1 Like

Re: Thread For Lovers Of Asa's "Bed Of Stone" by Endougs(m): 6:45pm On Oct 04, 2014
Don't Forget Faze His music are inspirational.
*reality check
*originality
*Good Wife

just to mention a few

1 Like

Re: Thread For Lovers Of Asa's "Bed Of Stone" by Endougs(m): 6:46pm On Oct 04, 2014
[quote author=Lacomus post=26763330]Asa, 2face n Brymo are the only Nigerian artist that I recommend for younger generation. [Don't Forget Faze His music are inspirational.
*reality check
*originality
*Good Wife

just to mention a few]
Re: Thread For Lovers Of Asa's "Bed Of Stone" by yommy2sure(m): 6:56pm On Oct 04, 2014
Wow thanks for this thread. I adore Asa so much. I'm a lover of balads and deep songs. I just love it when a song tells a story. The Album ehn, I'm still dabbling in the euphoria of satan be gone, the one who never comes, eyo and dead again. Normally it takes me a while to digest the full album cos damn so much soul, so much depth. Thank you Asa, expecting great videos as usual.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Lovers Of Asa's "Bed Of Stone" by UjSizzle(f): 7:20pm On Oct 04, 2014
It's been on replay all day.

My favourites:
Dead again
Moving on
Bed of stone
Ife

Such beautiful deep songs smiley
Re: Thread For Lovers Of Asa's "Bed Of Stone" by DisGuy: 8:11pm On Oct 04, 2014
Album delivered today! on the first play

You'll hardly believe this was done by a Nigerian!

This is music not the usual popularity/materialistic contest

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Lovers Of Asa's "Bed Of Stone" by alchemist13: 10:16pm On Oct 04, 2014
Moving on stuck on replay here. cool
Re: Thread For Lovers Of Asa's "Bed Of Stone" by Nobody: 5:24am On Oct 05, 2014
sarutobie:

once you enter gtbank's security door, the song starts playing. didn't know the song title even though I recognised it as asa's...went through a lot of digging on the web to get it last year!
Asa - The Place to be.
Re: Thread For Lovers Of Asa's "Bed Of Stone" by Abbeyunique2(m): 11:29am On Oct 05, 2014
ndidibabe:
I think Tuface is better.
Tuface even said asa is the best on one of those #ask session on twitter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For Lovers Of Asa's "Bed Of Stone" by Calismart(m): 10:56pm On Oct 05, 2014
preshuzpearl:
wow. great reviews here. where can I get the album? is it downloadable?
just google it.i have downloaded the album.Asa is something else.
From the bottom of my heart,i love Asa...sorry,i love her songs.
She drives me crazy
Re: Thread For Lovers Of Asa's "Bed Of Stone" by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 06, 2014
scarr:
Asa be making brain since forever....used to play her 1st album (asha) till d cd stopped playing in my player..Bed of stone is another beautiful work of art......a break from shoki and doro...Asa nd Jesse Jagz anyday anytime

Drug!
Re: Thread For Lovers Of Asa's "Bed Of Stone" by danbrowndmf(m): 7:48pm On Oct 06, 2014
Endougs:
Don't Forget Faze His music are inspirational.
*reality check
*originality
*Good Wife

just to mention a few
wow,dose song was amazn,dt was d only faze album dt neva sold,twas dropd bak in 2012 title REFAZED
Re: Thread For Lovers Of Asa's "Bed Of Stone" by Oduduwaboy(m): 7:54pm On Oct 06, 2014
I thought it was all hypes until i listened...the songs are just great. I especially adore Eyo and Moving on ....and Dead again!

1 Like

Re: Thread For Lovers Of Asa's "Bed Of Stone" by scarr: 9:22pm On Oct 06, 2014
JonBee1:

Drug!
heheheheh onpoint!!!! grin grin
Re: Thread For Lovers Of Asa's "Bed Of Stone" by misslala: 6:44pm On Oct 23, 2014
Hi asa lovers go to abegmusic.com to download
Re: Thread For Lovers Of Asa's "Bed Of Stone" by Tayexy(m): 10:13am On Oct 24, 2014
Asa she never seize to amaze me
Re: Thread For Lovers Of Asa's "Bed Of Stone" by stronger: 9:13pm On Nov 03, 2014
Ymodulus:
Eyo

This song puts me in that fantasy moment where we hope , wished and paint how we dream of our HomeLand to be.

A Home or Nation, where children all run around playing in together, a home where the crowd can shout and laugh together, A home where everybody be It Northerner or Southerner or Easterner or Westerner can cal each others brothers and sisters. A home were everybody cares for one another, A home where we can look beyond the umbrella or broom and say we are one. A hone where BEREM5 can call Afam4eva her brother, where Seun can see the progressives as one. Where we can all feel at home.

Eyo is just so so fantastical. Once again am in love with Asaaa

Thumbs up for your FANTASTIC reviews!
Re: Thread For Lovers Of Asa's "Bed Of Stone" by stronger: 9:22pm On Nov 03, 2014
I am sooooo late to this awesome thread sha! eesh! lastma!! grin

oh well, better late than never!

Check out this review as well. . . Oh and if you still have not got this album, no words! shocked shocked shocked

No more your freaking bullsh*t!

The exact way a song on Asa (her debut album) would not have started. It’s the first phrase you hear on this album. You are taken aback at first, but as the percussions come in, you think of those people who have betrayed you in the past and can totally relate when she goes even harder on them (you really are a fool. . . you’re the devil insane). Dead again is arguably a good start to the album and its energy and vibrancy is bound to grow on you. Eyo is probably the catchiest song on the album. An amazing version of the popular anthem synonymous with the Lagos festival, if you’re abroad you would want to take the next flight home. Damn the generator noise, bad roads or insecurity; maybe not “everybody cares for one another and takes you as their brother”, but the rhythm is guaranteed to hit you with an outstanding force of home-longing too hard to ignore. It is here we first hear Blair’s back-up vocals. It has a magical feel to it, the supporting role it plays, and when he sings the word – Eyo – with so much soul, whoa!

“They came inside without a sound. . . I know my life will never be the same”. Moving on explores the devastating consequences of rape; its facets of violation that transcend the physical. Asa delivers this masterpiece (Big ups to the lyrics of omolara and Asa) with the intensity the subject requires and the uplifting message of triumph in spite of pain is reassuring in its sincerity and optimism – perhaps the most powerful and emotional song on the album.

The ‘problem’ with grateful is that she starts off singing in Yoruba. See, let me explain. When Asa starts a song in Yoruba, I’m sold. No, really I don’t even wait to listen to the rest of the song. I’m not sure what the secret is (the deliberate pronunciations, proverbs or often dry humour?) but they are always epic. And so, grateful follows in the footsteps of Awe, Eye adaba, Bimpe and broda ole in that hall of fame. This is the song i would have wanted to be in the studio during the recording. Listen with really good headphones and you hear (no, feel) the background chants/claps/whistles.

Ife [/i]is the one I was waiting to hear. You know, the Bibanke-baby gone-esque song. The sad love song accompanied by the most sublime of strings. . the one you play the imaginary violin to. The one you stay in bed and cry to if you just had a heartbreak. Like baby gone, you know it’s going to be the hidden gem of the album, not as popular as it should be, to be savoured by you and a few others. Asa – no, Bukola – is raw here (no back-up vocals too!) as she pleads for her love (ife) to come back home. Ife is going to be on repeat on many nights. In [i]the one that never comes, she is caught off guard when a friend tells her they’ve fallen for her. “Please don’t tell me you love me ‘cos I’ve been waiting all along for the one that never comes”. . basically friend-zoning them (haha). A soulful end to the album, Asa’s vocals here are amazing still with yet again super backing vocals and instruments.

Through it all, she switches from fierce (satan be gone, society) to vulnerable (bed of stone, how did love find me) to triumphant (moving on) in an effortless matrimony of various musical styles, while maintaining the distinctive Asa sound. Beautiful imperfection was an awesome album (Baby gone, brode ole, ore, bimpe. . need I say more?). However, Asa had set some celestial standards with her debut album. Heights that seemed humanly impossible to surpass and a sophomore was bound to have a tough task living up to it. But Bed of stone cuts it. It hits it. Asa brings her A-game here, complete with full armour, guns smoking!

http://www.orinocopulse.com/bed-of-stone/

4 Likes

Re: Thread For Lovers Of Asa's "Bed Of Stone" by rapthugx(m): 2:56pm On Nov 13, 2014
The album is wonderful.
Re: Thread For Lovers Of Asa's "Bed Of Stone" by Almajiri1: 12:22pm On May 22, 2016
A kiss from an Almajiri to Asa. She is the revolution Nigerian music industry needs.
Re: Thread For Lovers Of Asa's "Bed Of Stone" by Isholaoni: 11:04pm On May 23, 2016
BONANZA! BONANZA!! BONANZA!!

Niu Music

Presents

May Bonanza For Upcoming Artist

Let's help you record that hit song of yours for just #8000 and get benefits like free promotion on facebook and twitter,bbm and whatsapp broadcast,access to put your song in MTN Music Plus inorder to make cash from the downloads of your song and connection to shows.

Interested artistes should contact Ishola on 07032617747 or ping 2915230E for bookings.

NOTE

This bonanza ends by 31st of May,2016.

You can also contact us on 07032617747 or ping 2915230E for;

¤ Song Writing

¤ Advert Placements on all platforms

¤ Mixing and mastering

¤ Creation of beat or instrumental

¤Voice over

¤DJ Jingles

¤ Caller tune, Radio/Tv promotion, Alaba mixtape/selection and Online promotion such as itunes,amazon,cloud 9 and other blog sites

¤ Video editing, Video shooting/Coverage

¤ Training on music production

¤ Training on any musical instrument of your choice

¤Voice Training

¤ Graphics/Art Cover

¤ Website/Blog Creation

¤ Logo Designs

¤ Creation of artist page/business page,and all other entertainment services at very cheap and affordable prices you can't resist...We are here to render to you the best of quality service. All services are cheap and affordable. Try us and you'll be glad you did...powered by #www.niump3..com #niumusic

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Album Review: Psquare Double Trouble. / Naira Marley – Puta (Official Video) / Audio Download - Okpo Records Smooth Criminal Download Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.