Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,673 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) (30682 Views)

Charles, A Christian From Nigeria Beaten, Abducted By Armed Gangs In Libya / Join The Journey As 3 Nigerians Go Round The World On A Motor Bike / Two Nigeria- British Women Beaten And Flung In Hellhole Chinese Jail. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by Artorius(m): 8:23pm On Oct 01, 2014
undecided
fireforfire:

wetin una dey find for india sef? of all places
undecided
fireforfire:

wetin una dey find for india sef? of all places
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by SinghInLagos: 8:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
dinlin:

The Indian guy in 9ja has just spoken..Una see the kin english wen hin type? u still won study for hin yeye India? una no go study for UK, US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, western european countries dem even ghana(u go enta plane get to accra frm lagos abi na)..una for enter syria and iraq go study..infact Afganistan go give you citizenship...mcheeeeww!
Dear friend, ok my English not so good, but my electrical engineering skill is very valuable for my company and because that my company make million of Naira with my knowledge. I think you have to realize we can all work and live together. You don't have to upset with me just with no reason.

5 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by Bigzig(m): 8:47pm On Oct 01, 2014
I'm not surprise..
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by arantess: 8:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
saxywale: 3 Nigerians Beaten Up At Rajiv Chowk Metro Station, New Delhi, India

Chaos prevailed at the Rajiv Chowk Metro station on Sunday evening when three Nigerian nationals were allegedly thrashed by a mob, including a group of students, after an altercation, police said.

Eyewitnesses said the Nigerians were beaten up after a rumour that they had allegedly passed some lewd remarks on some girls travelling in a Metro train. It was also alleged that the Nigerians had slapped a youth when he intervened.

Dismissing the allegations, Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) officers said an argument had broken out between the Nigerians and the students when they were trying to enter a train. The incident took place around 5.30pm.

The CISF is responsible for security inside metro stations.

“The Nigerians and the group of students were trying to board a yellow line train at Rajiv Chowk going towards South Delhi. Due to some rush, there was some pushing around and the Nigerians allegedly made racist remarks. This apparently angered a group of people who pushed the Nigerians out of the train and started beating them,” said a CISF spokesperson.

The spokesperson said a team of CISF personnel immediately rushed to the spot and rescued the three foreigners. However, the crowd again tried to beat up the three Nigerians while they were being take to the CISF control room. “Three Nigerian nationals suffered minor injuries in the clash. They were taken to Ram Manohar Lohia hospital for medical attention,” a metro police officer said.

Rakesh Pawariya, deputy commissioner of police (Metro), said they had received a complaint from the Nigerians. “We are registering a case on the basis of their complaint,” said Pawariya. The injured Nigerian nationals are students and they are staying in India on student visas.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/newdelhi/nigerians-beaten-up-at-rajiv-chowk-metro-station/article1-1269552.aspx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XHBOE93Oks
dirty bloody curry eaters
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 01, 2014
modash: The guys were not Nigerians their were Africans
But the mob thought they were Nigerians
Source
http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/they-kept-calling-us-nigerians-took-turns-to-hit-us/
That means they would have spared them if they weren't Nigerians. All major media houses in India confirmed they were Nigerians as the guys have petitioned a commissioner of police in India.
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 01, 2014
modash: The guys were not Nigerians their were Africans
But the mob thought they were Nigerians
Source
http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/they-kept-calling-us-nigerians-took-turns-to-hit-us/
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 01, 2014
fe32: no excuse for this crazinesss cause we are one africa..but they are from Gabon not Nigeria. Check the youtube link
The guys had petitioned the police top dogs in delhi. They are Nigerians.
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 01, 2014
To be honest, Nigerians have to be careful in their I wan go abroad craze. It's this same Nairaland you would see posters asking for the process of obtaining student visas to north Cyprus, Lithuania, tibet, north Korea e.t.c

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by dinlin: 9:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
SinghInLagos: Dear friend, ok my English not so good, but my electrical engineering skill is very valuable for my company and because that my company make million of Naira with my knowledge. I think you have to realize we can all work and live together. You don't have to upset with me just with no reason.

Lol..am not upset with u friend..infact, am happy for you that a company is making millions from the skills of an electrical engineer with poor spoken English when we both know that there are millions of employable Nigerian graduates with equal skills and excellent communication skills. What I quite dont understand is why my people flock to study in India of all English speaking countries? And why dont they enjoy equal treatment that u claim to be getting in Nigeria?
We need to respect ourselves to know that your country will never treat us with respect. Ce la ve !

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by JohnEazy(m): 9:12pm On Oct 01, 2014
Wow..i initialy tot dey were beaten 4 nt dancing for more dan 15mins in a 45mins movie.
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by BraniacX(m): 9:21pm On Oct 01, 2014
SinghInLagos: I am Indian man living in Lagos past 10 years and I am feeling very much shame for this incident. I please beg all the Nigerian don't be upset about this. What those Indian boys did is evil and I pray the police to deal with them. I enjoy my stay here and Nigerian treat me like family and I am treat them like my brother and sister also. Please don't to take what these boys did as people of India. These are just the bad egg of India - criminal boys.any Nigerian travel to the India and have no problem and do schooling, shopping, medical, business and all enjoying themselves in India.
Long live Nigeria and India.

dude, why i can't take out my anti-indian sentiments on you right now is because i know that every society has it's ills and things like this discrimination happen to us almost everywhere even or should i say especially in other african countries. But having said that, i know my fellow Nigerians are a mixed lot (good,bad and ugly) but we shouldn't be treated like this on the basis of an allegation should we? Besides this is not an isolated incident, for the past few months if not more, public sentiments in India has been steadily going anti-Nigerian for reasons i can fathom including a populist politician or two making anti-Nigerian allegations besides, this is not an isolated incident is it? When did Nigerians become persona non grata in India? Foreigners live and work in Nigeria and are tolerated for almost any offence, allowed to get away with almost any thing and are generally given an all welcoming embrace, must we be the only ones acting civil in relationships with nationals of other countries? Right now, i have been having a private cyber war with an indian national for the past two weeks over a comment he made on a bbc post about ebola in west africa in which he alleged and i quote "wicked Nigerian leaders are stealing charitable money meant for other countries and are exporting terrorism, immorality and i think he said disease to other peacefull countries" i asked him to clarify because am from Nigeria and nothing like that happened to the best of ma knowledge, he responded and i quote "africa has lots of minerals like gold, blah blah blah but the people are so poor and collect charitable money from other countries including india to feed their children and that the rest of the world is no longer deceived" i replied him saying am from Nigeria and we never needed that kind of assistance and India feeding Nigeria was a hilarious idea. He responded with insults and racist remarks, i told him i wasn't going to insult India on account of him and that i have come across decent and brilliant Indians and count some as friends and he replied saying and i quote "they must be black indians" and that, was my introduction to intranational racism in india, i told him that if he could look down on his fellow Indians, then i have failed in my endeavour to educate him about my country and continent before i ever began, he just wasn't ready to be corrected on his preformed opinion on who and what Nigerians and Africans were even from a Nigerian. I tried to convince myself that he was just one man but frankly i was worried and today see what we have here, i guess he was not alone in that particular point of view afterall, if policemen really stood by and watched the mob maltreat those youths then its worse than i feared. May GOD help us all.

4 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by beeboy09(m): 9:21pm On Oct 01, 2014
Raiders: Nigerians should stop going to that shithole called India. I wonder whats so special about India that would make any Nigerian want to go there. India is not any better than Nigeria.

1. India has 24/7 power. Nigeria doesn't.
2. India has the best railway network in the world. Nigeria doesn't have rail.
3. India produces large sums of Gold. Nigeria extremely little.
4. India produces it's cars, aircrafts and ships. Nigeria doesn't.
5. India has one of the best and most affordable tertiary education in the world. Nigeria doesn't.
6. Eggs are sold for about #4 in India. How much is it in Nigeria.
7. 60% of Indian GDP is from agriculture which can never run out. Nigeria relies on oil: it will run out.

May I continue? I know why those students are there cos I was there cos I also schooled there through to my PhD. So keep quiet. India is not a 3rd world country because of what you see on CNN and Discovery Channel. Its a 3rd world country only because of their population and nothing else.

6 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by billyG(m): 9:24pm On Oct 01, 2014
Indian are mudafuckin Racist!Rapist alot of them school & do dirty biz in naija no one lift a finger at them.we treat them with undeserve respect. angry angry angry angry
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by SinghInLagos: 9:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
dinlin:

Lol..am not upset with u friend..infact, am happy for you that a company is making millions from the skills of an electrical engineer with poor spoken English when we both know that there are millions of employable Nigerian graduates with equal skills and excellent communication skills. What I quite dont understand is why my people flock to study in India of all English speaking countries? And why dont they enjoy equal treatment that u claim to be getting in Nigeria?
We need to respect ourselves to know that your country will never treat us with respect. Ce la ve !
Engineering Graduate is one thing, understand electrical engineering fundamental is another thing. When i was doing training of our junior engineers some of them with very big degree from university and speak perfect English cannot even analyze electrical schematic. In the end I found one person, he is only HND from his hometown and other people look down on him but he have the excellent knowledge of EE and circuit. I immediately tell to my manager that to promote him over the other guys that have paper qualification but zero practical engineering knowledge. So my friend, don't be thinking just degree. Also need the practical knowledge.

Another thing I don't know how you use one incident and to judge whole India?? Many time I was armyrobber in Lagos and even Sango-otta. Will I think whole Nigeria is bad?? No, I know is just bad egg of society. I don't to say Nigerian are bad. I fact I love the Nigerian peoples.

9 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by lonelydora: 9:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
If I no slap my India colleague anytime I resume, know say my name no bi lonelydora.

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by IYANGBALI: 9:29pm On Oct 01, 2014
moneybag100: When would Nigeria be free from indians...we goes to india, they treat us bad...indians comes to Nigeria, they still treat us bad.
we goes?.....indians comes?na you biko grin

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by MOSSADII(m): 9:31pm On Oct 01, 2014
so they are beating dogs, eeh?
dotcomnamename: [size=30pt]There is no clear proof they are beating Nigerians. I can only see crowd recording video with their mobile phones...[/size]
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by IYANGBALI: 9:35pm On Oct 01, 2014
Bigzig: I'm not suprise..
uncle abeg take,I found your d on the floor,it fell off from the surprise that you wrotegrin
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by SinghInLagos: 9:38pm On Oct 01, 2014
BraniacX:

dude, why i can't take out my anti-indian sentiments on you right now is because i know that every society has it's ills and things like this discrimination happen to us almost everywhere even or should i say especially in other african countries. But having said that, i know my fellow Nigerians are a mixed lot (good,bad and ugly) but we shouldn't be treated like this on the basis of an allegation should we? Besides this is not an isolated incident, for the past few months if not more, public sentiments in India has been steadily going anti-Nigerian for reasons i can fathom including a populist politician or two making anti-Nigerian allegations besides, this is not an isolated incident is it? When did Nigerians become persona non grata in India? Foreigners live and work in Nigeria and are tolerated for almost any offence, allowed to get away with almost any thing and are generally given an all welcoming embrace, must we be the only ones acting civil in relationships with nationals of other countries? Right now, i have been having a private cyber war with an indian national for the past two weeks over a comment he made on a bbc post about ebola in west africa in which he alleged and i quote "wicked Nigerian leaders are stealing charitable money meant for other countries and are exporting terrorism, immorality and i think he said disease to other peacefull countries" i asked him to clarify because am from Nigeria and nothing like that happened to the best of ma knowledge, he responded and i quote "africa has lots of minerals like gold, blah blah blah but the people are so poor and collect charitable money from other countries including india to feed their children and that the rest of the world is no longer deceived" i replied him saying am from Nigeria and we never needed that kind of assistance and India feeding Nigeria was a hilarious idea. He responded with insults and racist remarks, i told him i wasn't going to insult India on account of him and that i have come across decent and brilliant Indians and count some as friends and he replied saying and i quote "they must be black indians" and that, was my introduction to intranational racism in india, i told him that if he could look down on his fellow Indians, then i have failed in my endeavour to educate him about my country and continent before i ever began, he just wasn't ready to be corrected on his preformed opinion on who and what Nigerians and Africans were even from a Nigerian. I tried to convince myself that he was just one man but frankly i was worried and today see what we have here, i guess he was not alone in that particular point of view afterall, if policemen really stood by and watched the mob maltreat those youths then its worse than i feared. May GOD help us all.
Thank you my brother. You have make a good point also. If you can link me that post where that Indian said bad thing about Nigeria and Ebola then please show me. I will print and send link to our embassy here in Lagos. We sometime have community meeting in the embassy and so i will bring up this issue. Is not that they will solve it but at least it will bring aware of such a thing. We should all be good ambassador of our country and so this issue should be shown to the PR dept in embassy. Maybe also the web admin take down that post.
Everyone know that Nigeria health dept did wonderful job and solve the Ebola problem in Nigeria. I think even America and Europe impressed on that.

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by iamord(m): 9:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
dinlin:

The Indian guy in 9ja has just spoken..Una see the kin english wen hin type? u still won study for hin yeye India? una no go study for UK, US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, western european countries dem even ghana(u go enta plane get to accra frm lagos abi na)..una for enter syria and iraq go study..infact Afganistan go give you citizenship...mcheeeeww!

Just look how you disrespected him.. For him trying to make sense and calm nerves down..smh

5 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by dinlin: 9:45pm On Oct 01, 2014
@SinghInLagos,
This where I have a problem with you Curries, you'v just told me I am generalizing and judging India from a few incident, but u are sort of judging the Nigerian graduates as lacking practical engineering skills. All nigerian university gradutes plus the huge number of Nigerian graduates returning back from the US, UK e.t.c lack practical skills.?...really? Are u sure? U cant find? feed that to the chickens and chew me some garlic mate...Oh well, where you have been working in Nigeria needs to come in question?
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by DisGuy: 9:51pm On Oct 01, 2014
saxywale:
I don't believe that part about racist remarks. The police are just trying to cover their own a55. There was a part in the video where about 7 policemen stood there and did nothing, they just watched the whole harassment and beating from a distance. Infact the guys were been dealt with inside a police post at the train station.

why dont you believe that part about racist remarks? Are nigerians in the slightest politically correct? Are they in the slightest respectful of other peoples opinions or ways of life even as guests?

doesnt in anyway justify the mob action but knowing my people insulting people/host with their religion or culture is not too hard to believe imo...you only have to look at this website itself!

dinlin: @SinghInLagos,
This where I have a problem with you Curries, you'v just told me I am generalizing and judging India from a few incident, but u are sort of judging the Nigerian graduates as lacking practical engineering skills. All nigerian university gradutes plus the huge number of Nigerian graduates returning back from the US, UK e.t.c lack practical skills.?...really? Are u sure? U cant find? feed that to the chickens and chew me some garlic mate...Oh well, where you have been working in Nigeria needs to come in question?

3 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by Bigzig(m): 9:51pm On Oct 01, 2014
[quote author=IYANGBALI]uncle abeg take,I found your d on the floor,it fell off from the surprise that you wrotegrin
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by Bigzig(m): 9:53pm On Oct 01, 2014
IYANGBALI: uncle abeg take,I found your d on the floor,it fell off from the surprise that you wrotegrin
naughty girl
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by Olaone1: 9:59pm On Oct 01, 2014
beeboy09:

5. India has one of the best and most affordable tertiary education in the world. Nigeria doesn't.
7. 60% of Indian GDP is from agriculture which can never run out. Nigeria relies on oil: it will run out.

May I continue? I know why those students are there cos I was there cos I also schooled there through to my PhD. So keep quiet. India is not a 3rd world country because of what you see on CNN and Discovery Channel. Its a 3rd world country only because of their population and nothing else.
You are NOT okay shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by BraniacX(m): 10:01pm On Oct 01, 2014
SinghInLagos:
Thank you my brother. You have make a good point also. If you can link me that post where that Indian said bad thing about Nigeria and Ebola then please show me. I will print and send link to our embassy here in Lagos. We sometime have community meeting in the embassy and so i will bring up this issue. Is not that they will solve it but at least it will bring aware of such a thing. We should all be good ambassador of our country and so this issue should be shown to the PR dept in embassy. Maybe also the web admin take down that post.
Everyone know that Nigeria health dept did wonderful job and solve the Ebola problem in Nigeria. I think even America and Europe impressed on that.
no p, would source 4 it.
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by dinlin: 10:08pm On Oct 01, 2014
DisGuy:

why dont you believe that part about racist remarks? Are nigerians in the slightest politically correct? Are they in the slightest respectful of other peoples opinions or ways of life even as guests?

doesnt in anyway justify the mob action but knowing my people insulting people/host with their religion or culture is not too hard to believe imo...you only have to look at this website itself!

Permit me to disrespect another culture at the slightest...I wish my little rants here is equal to the unjustified discrimination those Africans suffered in sight of Indian law enforcement.
While I personally wouldnt be rude if in India(God forbid), its my right to express my opinion and views about issues irrespective of how whoever feels about it @ least behind a PC screen.
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by SinghInLagos: 10:08pm On Oct 01, 2014
dinlin: @SinghInLagos,
If you look my post very well I say only some. I don't to judge everybody. I only tell you that as example why is just not degree that make you do good job and career.

Also you call me a curry. Maybe some will call that racist. I think is because you don't know. When I first came Nigeria I found the crayfish in market to have very strong smell that some who are note use to it don't like it. Then one day I try the cray fish soup and I really love it. Since then I don't to mind the cray fish aroma. Also you one day you may try curry and maybe you like it also. Same thing garlic. Actually is having many medical benefit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by vivienbabe(f): 10:10pm On Oct 01, 2014
beeboy09:

Abegi go siddon for dorty!

"State governments in India are going door-to-door, or rather roof-to-roof, to solve their acute and recurring power problems. The new central government has pledged to light at least one bulb in every home with solar energy by 2019, making rooftop solar an idea whose time has finally come." Read morehttp://qz.com/218530/indias-summer-power-outages-are-getting-so-bad-states-want-you-to-diy/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by iluvpomo(m): 10:14pm On Oct 01, 2014
dinlin:
Permit me to disrespect another culture at the slightest...I wish my little rants here is equal to the unjustified discrimination those Africans suffered in sight of Indian law enforcement.
While I personally wouldnt be rude if in India(God forbid), its my right to express my opinion and views about issues irrespective of how whoever feels about it @ least behind a PC screen.
when you make racist comments (ironically in a thread condemning the racist act that took place), it makes you no different than the racists them selves. Furthermore, when you do that under the notion that you are "hiding behind your PC" it makes you a GIANT WUSS.
Shame on you dude.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by iluvpomo(m): 10:17pm On Oct 01, 2014
vivienbabe:

Abegi go siddon for dorty!

"State governments in India are going door-to-door, or rather roof-to-roof, to solve their acute and recurring power problems. The new central government has pledged to light at least one bulb in every home with solar energy by 2019, making rooftop solar an idea whose time has finally come." Read morehttp://qz.com/218530/indias-summer-power-outages-are-getting-so-bad-states-want-you-to-diy/
Why can't you just accept and handle the truth?? NEPA/PHCN cannot provide uninterrupted electricity 24x7 in ANY city in Nigeria. The whole of India does not have uninterrupted electricity but many of their industrial cities (Mumbai, Ahmedebad etc) have electricity 24X7. We can surely learn that from them ... there is no shame in that.
Re: 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) by dinlin: 10:17pm On Oct 01, 2014
SinghInLagos:
If you look my post very well I say only some. I don't to judge everybody. I only tell you that as example why is just not degree that make you do good job and career.

Also you call me a curry. Maybe some will call that racist. I think is because you don't know. When I first came Nigeria I found the crayfish in market to have very strong smell that some who are note use to it don't like it. Then one day I try the cray fish soup and I really love it. Since then I don't to mind the cray fish aroma. Also you one day you may try curry and maybe you like it also. Same thing garlic. Actually is having many medical benefit.

my friend, there you go...you are judging me again..I love curry and butter chiken. I eat charparty& lamb Vindalo. I also put curry when I cook my fried and jollof rice. U already assumed racism. we both know indians love curry like a baby loves breast milk. Should I say u are racist if you try to describe me to someone as a dark skinned African?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Scrap Plane Spotted At A Fuel-Station In Igando / Train Crushes 3 Persons In Ilorin (photo) / Enugu Airport Fence Destruction: FG Vows To Prosecute Perpetrator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.