Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,927 members, 7,817,716 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

What is the Nigeria of your Dream ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What is the Nigeria of your Dream ? (717 Views)

Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? / Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism / The Nigeria Of My Dream (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What is the Nigeria of your Dream ? by HerexG(m): 5:45am On Oct 01, 2014
"It all started like a dream, before our very own eyes the child whom the world think wouldn't stand the test of time because of the numerous trails and travails she is facing. But now she has finally proved the world wrong, stronger and greater will she grow, she is Nigeria."

I'm a Nigerian and a proud one indeed, Nigeria is a country in west Africa, located right beneath the equator, the tropical paradise of Africa, oozing out the richness and splendor of nature.

I was sitting outside my house one day thinking and meditating on how to make Nigeria a country of my dreams. Before now creating the Nigeria of my dreams was an unsolved puzzle to me but fortunately for I found the answers at the course of my extensive and compound studies, thank you dear Mr Alasa Igbafe Momodu for creating this eye opening expository and challenge (He challenged me to come up with this).

In 1914 the northern and the southern protectorate was officially almagamated to be a great nation with great people and that nation is called NIGERIA. And from then on till date, the country Nigeria has been facing series of trials, tribulations and triumphs. I wouldn't want to bore you with the numerous trials and travails Nigeria as country is facing but permit me to briefly discuss on two incidence that happened recently, oh the incidence disturbed me as a young Nigerian. It is like a big stone worn around my neck, it gives me a great concern as a part of the future of this great country.

Just last week as I was coming back from the market one sunny afternoon, I was holding a nylon bag containing the soup ingredients I bought from the market, I abruptly looked straight and I saw people gathered murmuring and intensively staring at something I had no idea of. So I moved closer to get a glimpse of what was really happening, lo and behold

" It was a boy named Wale lying helplessly and jerking profusely on a messy mud right in the middle of the road"
Oh cried for Wale that very day, I later found out that Wale is an abandoned teenage boy suffering from cerebral seizure, unfortunately Wale later died

About four months ago 21 years old young man Tolani Ajayi was arrested by the Nigeria police force for hacking his own father, he was asked why he did such a gruesome act to his own father. The boy reportedly said that

” His father was praying and he refused to reply by saying “amen” to the father’s prayers, this aggravated the father and he went inside the kitchen to pickup a cooking utensil to hit his son maybe probably on the head, then the boy went
out of control and did the unthinkable”.

Is Tolani not supposed to be a potential leader of tomorrow of this country ? But unfortunately he will be languishing in prison for murdering his father. And not to talk of the unscrupulous characters which some of our political leaders exhibits, the Boko-Haram menace, and future leaders indulging in internet crimes (Yahoo) etc .

The world and Nigerians have successfully branded our county
"The Giant of Africa"
But come to think of it are we really living to the brand name, my great citizens of Nigeria is this the Nigeria of our dream ?

I believe Nigeria is not living up to her full potential yet even a blind man would testify to this. Poor Wale and Tolani are a part of the future of this great country, and you and I know there are thousand and one of Wale and Tolani out there still existing in this country and if a swift action is not taken our country will be existing like a time-bomb prompted to blow up someday. Now what is the way out ?
The way-out to my own perspective are these few points I will highlight bellow on creating the Nigeria of my dreams, so i crave for your indulgence as I critically and briefly analyze it

The Nigeria of My Dreams

• A Nigeria De-tribalized : I will love to see a Nigeria where all her citizens see themselves as one, embracing and loving each other no matter the tribe or background where one comes from. Seeing ourselves as a one Nigeria irrespective where we are from

• A corruption free Nigeria: I will love to see a Nigeria where each citizens earns according to his or her legitimate labor output, a Nigeria where there is a zero tolerance of corruption practices

• Free and Rejuvenated Educational system: It is the amount and quality of education one receives that determines the productivity or output and the quality of life of such an individual, if the quality and amount of education is low the productivity or output will be low and vice versa. I believe education should be free in Nigeria from the first day at school to the secondary school

• Employment opportunities for all: I want to see a Nigeria where lack of job employment opportunities would be something of the past, a Nigeria where her citizens will use their creative minds to create jobs and employ more people, not putting the whole responsibility of job creation to the government.

• The Youth Empowerment: If the youth of a nation is not doing well then the future of such a nation is blink, I want to see a Nigeria where the young citizens will be empowered on the area of field they have chosen, it should not be a compulsion that every youth must attend the university. Their are a lot youths talented in various

• An Effective and an Affordable Health system: Like we always would say "Health is Wealth", I want to see a Nigeria where the health is would be up to international standard. A Nigeria where all government of officials no matter the level will all use the Nigerian hospital instead of flying abroad. A child died recently of a treatable liver related condition. The child actually died because his parents couldn't afford the medical bills, there should be a government owned hospitals for Children and the Aged ones.

•I want to see a Nigeria where epileptic power supply would be a thing of the past, because a steady power supply will attract investors and company owners to come invest and boom our economy. A Nigeria where our electricity will be affordable and ever available to all. Action without power is nothing but void

•I want to see a Nigeria where practical science and technology will be taken into serious consideration, I want to look at the back of the modern day electronics and find

" Made in Nigeria "

I want to look into our stock exchange and find

" Otedola car manufacturing industry",

"Chinedu electronic manufacturing industry"

" Dangote Mega Agricultural food and processing plant"

I don't even mind erecting the Nigerian flag right on the moon someday.

• I want see a Nigeria where security will be priotized, a Nigeria where the lives of her citizen will be very essential, loved and protected. I want to walk in the streets of Nigeria someday seeing surveillance camera hanged at every junction. I want a Nigeria I can freely move without security scare, I too want to dial 911 and expect a swift response when I'm in distress
"No be only Oyinbos sabi enjoy na"

• And above all i want see a Nigeria where the Love of God will be shared abroad, a country where the trusting God will be a priority, just like the slogan the American founding fathers used in establishing The United States of America

" In God We Trust"

A Nigeria where each family will be rooted in Gods Love, looking beyond religious diversification and live as one.

Time and space wouldn't permit me to discuss more but for now these and many more not yet written are my Nigeria of my dreams, what about yours !

Happy Independence Nigeria

www.herexg./2014/10/01/wow-creating-the-nigeria-of-your-dream/

(1) (Reply)

Igbos, Jonathan And 2015 / ‘orji’s Government Has Performed Better Than Previous Governments. / BREAKING: House Of Reps Speaker, Tambuwal, Attends APC Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.