Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,663 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Ochendo Abia (CON) An Honour Well Deserved - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ochendo Abia (CON) An Honour Well Deserved (908 Views)

Honour Well Deserved. / Alex Otti, Ochendo And The Election Thieves In Abia State By Ifeanyi Amanze / Adenuga’s GCON Well Deserved – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ochendo Abia (CON) An Honour Well Deserved by bensonuche: 7:09am On Oct 01, 2014
Ochendo Abia (CON), an honour well deserved

By Uche Aguoru

An award is a form of honor, a kind of recognition aimed to felicitate one’s excellent contribution in a chosen field. An award is not only a great prestige or a mark of excellence, but is also a tremendous boost for someone to strive and excel higher and aim for even bigger accomplishments in life. It is the ultimate token of recognition of purest of talents and highest of achievements.
In the words of Adams Sandler who won an Oscar, once said and I quote
I don't think about that. I wasn't a kid growing up saying one day I'll get an Oscar and make a speech. That wasn't on my mind. So what I do is the best work I can do.

Adam Sandler

in line with this sayings the conferment of the award of the commander of the order of the Niger (CON) is a well deserved one for Governor T.A.Orji and the entire people of Abia state.

It is not out of place that the federal executive council out of the 36 state governors in Nigeria, singled out governor T.A.Orji for such a prestigious award, what is more interesting is the background with which governor Orji and indeed the good people of Abia state was selected in the midst of others for such a prestigious recognition.
Security of lives and property of a people is the first and most important contract which the people must enter into with their leaders before even going to the polls to elect them, every politician seeking the peoples vote must first of all promise them of the security of their lives and property before any other thing as it is only a man who is alive that can live to enjoy other infrastructures that the government can provide.
the background upon which the state is coming from before the coming of governor T.A.Orji Ochendo global is one that any rational mind will have to appreciate the efforts and hard work of governor Orji at ensuring the security of Abians, if the truth must be told there was a time when those who criticize the government of chief T.A. Orji today, cannot even come back to the state for fear of being kidnapped, robbed or even killed. there was a time in this state when people go to bed as early as 6pm for fear of being killed or kidnapped, when people abandoned their flashy cars for keke and buses so as not to be recognised as being rich, when people leave their comfortable well air conditioned homes to go and sleep in church premises and other places not befitting enough to be called a home. there was a time when people had to go the extent of hiring their own personal security before visiting their villages many people went as far as relocating their businesses and families from Abia to other States of the federation it was so bad that I know of a family whose aged parents were kidnapped in three different occasions for a ransome before they decided to relocate them abroad, children and women were not spared of this chilly horror it is still fresh in our minds the hijack of a school bus that was conveying school children to school with all occupants on it including children and their teachers, that attracted the attention of the united nations, the kidnap of three journalist who were coming back from a conference in umuahia is still fresh in our memories, there was a time when expatriates and construction workers had to abandon their bits and ran for their dear lives, a time when robbers will write to banks that they are coming to rob and will also have the effrontery to keep to the appointment and afterwards go home unchallenged a time when all the news that emanates from Abia is either that of kidnap or killings it was so bad that even the security agents were afraid of the hoodlums because the criminals were better equipped than the security agents.
a time when Abia was in record as the most insecure state in Nigeria.
but today the story is different, Abia as of today is adjudged one of the most secured states in the federation courtesy of the hard work and ingenuity of Ochendo global a peace loving man, a man who would rather lose his own life and secure that of all Abians. a man who has invested so much into the security of lives and property of Abians
that was why I tagged this award of the commander of the order of the Niger (CON) being bestowed on Governor T.A.Orji by the federal government in recognition of his role in securing the state and its citizens on this day the 29th of September 2014 as an honour well deserved.

Aguoru
writes from Umuahia

Re: Ochendo Abia (CON) An Honour Well Deserved by eruchboy(m): 8:44am On Oct 01, 2014
He's a disgrace,even though i'm not an Abian the writer does'nt know his facts,it was the armed forces after FG had to intervene that returned peace to abia
Re: Ochendo Abia (CON) An Honour Well Deserved by asha80(m): 8:53am On Oct 01, 2014
cretin
Re: Ochendo Abia (CON) An Honour Well Deserved by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 01, 2014
Wasted 8 years...... imbecilic governor with his sycophants and praise singers, this is the rubbish they will be singing everyday in the state owned radio station.
B4 u quote me and say nonsense am from Abia state so I have a 1st hand information, my cousin who is a civil servant in the state receives his salary @ d 3rd month, everything is messed up, when I read this kind of nonsense I wonder whether it's still the same governor that came to commission 3km road in my LG, d same gov that went to commission a pedestrian bridge in Aba with pump and pageantry. It is only God that will punish this 1di0t and who imposed him on us because I know we didn't vote for him. We thought Orji Kalu was bad, now we have Lucifer himself.

1 Like

Re: Ochendo Abia (CON) An Honour Well Deserved by levitoge(m): 8:14am On Oct 02, 2014
T A has work More than the past government
Re: Ochendo Abia (CON) An Honour Well Deserved by thejurist: 8:16am On Oct 02, 2014
Best Governor ever... Love all his efforts so far. Almighty Bless you my Governor

Re: Ochendo Abia (CON) An Honour Well Deserved by thejurist: 8:17am On Oct 02, 2014
Ochendo is my Governor and he has performed well

1 Like

Re: Ochendo Abia (CON) An Honour Well Deserved by levitoge(m): 8:22am On Oct 02, 2014
Ochendu deserve the award, he has suffer for the abians and is only the eyes that see and no good things can only feel the transformation in abia state.
Re: Ochendo Abia (CON) An Honour Well Deserved by Law211: 12:47pm On Oct 02, 2014
Chief T.A Orji(CON),the Executive Governor of Abia state,may not have finished all the infrastructural needs of the state(of course,not possible) but comparatively,he has done better than any previous administration in Abia state and he remains the best Abia Governor.
Re: Ochendo Abia (CON) An Honour Well Deserved by henchamb(m): 1:50pm On Oct 02, 2014
From the few lines i read, i understood that the op and the writer are silly. Federal executive council is not in charge of national award. Secondly the luna.tic gov is the only gov awarded the CON. The gov of ogun also received the CON award. I cudnt read down and am sure the rest was trsshy
Re: Ochendo Abia (CON) An Honour Well Deserved by patrikobi: 2:09pm On Oct 02, 2014
if other past governor performed just the same way as T.A Orji has done ,Abia would have got a bigger boost by now,but all the same there is progress being made.Keep it up Ochendo
Re: Ochendo Abia (CON) An Honour Well Deserved by imochisom(m): 3:17pm On Oct 02, 2014
talk about Abia development,the youth lover in Abia state than talk about Ochendo the executive governor of abia state if other past governor performed just the same way as T.A Orji has done ,Abia would have got a bigger boost by now,but all the same there is progress being made.Keep it up Ochendo
Re: Ochendo Abia (CON) An Honour Well Deserved by santos93: 4:55am On Oct 08, 2014
Ochendo was choosen in abia by God for him to liberate the state from bondae OUK left it

(1) (Reply)

What If It Was The North And Not The Nigerdelta? / Fayose Seals Ekiti Speaker’s Filling Station / Anambra Politics: Peter Obi Still Loyal To Late Ojukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.