Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,355 members, 7,957,955 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:44 AM

Adultery:catholic Bishop Caught Dating Married Woman.kieran Conry Resigns - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adultery:catholic Bishop Caught Dating Married Woman.kieran Conry Resigns (1225 Views)

Pastor Caught Dating Young Daughter Of His Church Member. (photos) / Pastor Caught Pants Down While Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman.. Photos / Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Adultery:catholic Bishop Caught Dating Married Woman.kieran Conry Resigns by StevinMorgan(m): 10:02am On Oct 01, 2014
Kieran Conry, a top Roman Catholic Bishop has tendered his resignation letter after his shameful affair with a 43-year-old married woman.

The 63-year-old Bishop of Arundel and Brighton in his confession on Saturday said he’s glad the secret affair was exposed.

Read his confessional statement below:

‘I’m so glad my affair secret is out.’ ‘It has been difficult keeping the secret,. ‘In some respects I feel very calm. It is liberating. It is a relief. I have been very careful not to make sexual morality a priority [in his sermons]. I don’t think it got in the way of my job, I don’t think people would say I have been a bad bishop. But I can’t defend myself. I did wrong. Full stop,’.

In a handwritten love letter dated earlier this month, he wrote to the 43-year-old woman:

‘It’s all right to say that [your husband] did bad things, but you knew that he didn’t love you. You know (I hope) that I did. And I did, and do.’ The letter was signed: ‘your K xxxxxx.’

He however denied that they had a sexual relationship, although he admitted she had stayed at his house in Pease Pottage, West Sussex.

Conry is also been accused of a second affair with a married parishioner 20 years his junior, who spent at least three nights at his home. Meanwhile, the woman’s husband threatens to sue church bosses who he claimed knew of the affair for years.

(1) (Reply)

Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible Or Quran? / Is Elijah Also John The Baptist / S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.