Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible Or Quran? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible Or Quran? (1200 Views)

Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church / Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible or Quran? / Was There Any Black Man Prophet Of GOD In The Bible Or Quran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible Or Quran? by salinakrogh: 4:05pm On Oct 04, 2014
Please discuss with open mind, no name callings, no other subject, strictly discuss just base on the subject alone. The aunthenticity of both holy bible and Quran.

I believe Quran is the word of God not bible.
Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible Or Quran? by bakandow11: 4:12pm On Oct 04, 2014
They are both from God, Tora for musa, injil for ISSAH ( son of maryam) sabur for daud, Al quran for prophet mohammed.
GOOGLE the 1500years old bible. Then you will understand better
Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible Or Quran? by salinakrogh: 4:13pm On Oct 04, 2014
Who wrote them? How do you know it's from God?
Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible Or Quran? by AfricanApple(f): 4:27pm On Oct 04, 2014
the book of sango
Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible Or Quran? by kevoh(m): 4:32pm On Oct 04, 2014
salinakrogh:
Who wrote them? How do you know it's from God?

Sir, How do you know quran is from a god/supreme being and not written by some arabs? What are the proofs?
Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible Or Quran? by salinakrogh: 4:49pm On Oct 04, 2014
It's is not written by God, the Quran is a verbal revelation given to Muhammad (pbuh).And was then written as the Quran. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was illiterate, but one of his amazing capabilities is to memorize. However, he needs to compile all the revelations given to him.

He employed for this task a number of his companions whose number totaled 29. Many of these were of the highest caliber in their faith and integrity. They included all the first five caliphs, Abu Bakr, Umar, Usman, Ali and Muawiah. However, the task of writing the revelations was most particularly associated with two of them, Muawiah and Zaid ibn Thabit, despite the fact that Muawiah was a latecomer to Islam. Paper, as we know, was not yet invented. Those scribes wrote the Qur'an on various forms of writing material which was available to them. These included sheets cut out of the branches of the beet tree or other writing sheets made of wood, animal hide, stone or bones.

This started even in the period when the Prophet and his companions were a small persecuted community in Makkah. Many of the companions of the Prophet had some parts of the Qur'an written down and treasured in their homes. The Qur'an is divided into 114 surahs, some of which are short, while others are very long. The revelation did not proceed with only one surah at a time, but the Prophet might have continued to receive parts of several surahs at the same time. When a passage was sent down to him, it was followed by an order from Allah, through the Angel Gabriel, indicating its position in the surah to which it belonged. These manuscripts did not form a single or coherent set.

The Prophet did not keep anything written down in his own home. But most of his companions who were with him in Makkah and Madinah memorized much of the Qur'an, and some of them were able to learn it all by heart. The Prophet used to teach his companions either individually or in groups. We note that Abdullah ibn Masood, a learned companion of the Prophet, was pleased to assert that he memorized more than 70 surahs as he learned them directly from the Prophet. In Ramadan every year, the Prophet used to revise the Qur'an with the Angel Gabriel to ensure that he did not overlook any verse or part of it. In the last year of the Prophet's blessed life, Gabriel recited the Qur'an to him twice.
Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible Or Quran? by salinakrogh: 5:00pm On Oct 04, 2014
Unlike the bible, it was a written revelation, which Christians believed the writers on the bible was inspired by the holy spirit. However, how can there be many versions of bible ? If it's from God, how can God gives different versions of the bible? How can two bible differs? How can there be 80 books in one bible, 73 in another bible and 66 in another bible? Anything that is. From God should not be altered, when it is altered, that is a fabrication, and a fabrication is not authentic.
Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible Or Quran? by salinakrogh: 5:06pm On Oct 04, 2014
kevoh:

Sir, How do you know quran is from a god/supreme being and not written by some arabs? What are the proofs?

It is from God, written by Arabs.
Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible Or Quran? by kevoh(m): 5:16pm On Oct 04, 2014
salinakrogh:

It is from God, written by Arabs.
Sir, I said give me physical proofs not blanket statements. It is the same thing as me claming Spiderman comics is from ''god" written by Marvel comics.
Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible Or Quran? by salinakrogh: 5:30pm On Oct 04, 2014
kevoh:

Sir, I said give me physical proofs not blanket statements. It is the same thing as me claming Spiderman comics is from ''god" written by Marvel comics.

What do u mean by physical proof?
Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible Or Quran? by kevoh(m): 5:39pm On Oct 04, 2014
salinakrogh:

What do u mean by physical proof?
Proofs that have meaning and can be felt, experienced, touched e.t.c That an Arab or Arabs wrote the quran I can agree with you on that afterall the quran was first written in Arabic (Physical proof). Now show me how it was from god!
Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible Or Quran? by salinakrogh: 5:58pm On Oct 04, 2014
kevoh:

Proofs that have meaning and can be felt, experienced, touched e.t.c That an Arab or Arabs wrote the quran I can agree with you on that afterall the quran was first written in Arabic (Physical proof). Now show me how it was from god!

The Qur'an itself is a physical evidence, it is written in Arabic itself, if there is a translation, it will be written underneath each verse.

A physical proof of the Quran itself is the large number of manuscripts found , dating back to the early times of Islam. I do not have with me, to give to u to touch and feel.
Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible Or Quran? by salinakrogh: 6:00pm On Oct 04, 2014
kevoh:

Likewise I would.like to ask you if u have happen to have any knowledge of the bible, how can one do that? Feel experienced and touch it, show that it was from God?
Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible Or Quran? by kevoh(m): 6:43pm On Oct 04, 2014
salinakrogh:

The Qur'an itself is a physical evidence, it is written in Arabic itself, if there is a translation, it will be written underneath each verse.

A physical proof of the Quran itself is the large number of manuscripts found , dating back to the early times of Islam. I do not have with me, to give to u to touch and feel.

Still doesn't prove that it's from one supreme being(god). There are other manuscripts found that dates even earlier than the time of Islam. This stuff you have stated only proves that the manuscripts that gave rise to the Quran was written by ancient arabs and probably meant for arabs. I don't dispute that as I stated in my earlier post.

I asked for proof that it is from god.
Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible Or Quran? by kevoh(m): 6:47pm On Oct 04, 2014
salinakrogh:

Likewise I would.like to ask you if u have happen to have any knowledge of the bible, how can one do that? Feel experienced and touch it, show that it was from God?
The burden of proving the Bible is the word of god falls on the christians not me. I can't do their job for them. Go through my posts you will understand what I mean.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Are We Really Sons Of Cain? / They Claim, God Advocates Modesty And Sexual Restraint In His Worshippers. / The Bigot, The Hymen And The Virgin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.