Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times (31872 Views)

EBOLA: This Is What US Gave To Nigeria To Contain Spread Of The Virus / Ebolafacts.com Launched To Help West Africa To Contain Ebola Virus / First Case Of Suspected Ebola Discovered In New York City, Usa!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by amiskurie(m): 2:47pm On Oct 01, 2014
Fashola,I need to congratulate u face to face.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by anonimi: 2:49pm On Oct 01, 2014
arresa:

7. The Lagos state government and legislature made available funds to fight the disease while your FG was making fake promises about funds that didn't show up. Thank God the state government didn't wait and sit around for some fake funds from ABuja.

Could you please confirm if this news story is FAKE

Ebola: Lagos Receives FG's N200m Support Fund

The Lagos State Government on Monday said it had received the N200million pledged by the Federal Government to support the containment of the Ebola Virus Disease in the state.

Gov. Babatunde Fashola confirmed receipt of the fund while receiving some Ebola protective and relief items donated by MTN Nigeria in Ikeja.

The governor said the state government received the money on Wednesday and thanked the Federal Government for fulfilling its pledge.

It will be recalled that President Goodluck Jonathan had announced a pledge of N200million to the state to support its efforts at containing the spread of the virus.

Jonathan said the N200million was not part of the N1.9billion Ebola Intervention Fund that would be released to Federal Ministry of Health to contain the spread of the disease.

Yes we have received the money. We got the N200million on Wednesday. It is definitely going to help in our efforts to contain the virus,’’ Fashola said.

The governor said that the state government was working closely with the Federal Government and other partners to effectively fight the disease.

The governor said though the state was not yet free of the disease, “the successful treatment of eight hitherto patients means that Nigeria is winning the war against the virus.’’

Fashola thanked MTN for donating the items to the state government.
He said that the materials would help the state government‘s efforts at containing the spread of the disease.

Earlier, Mr Paschal Dozie, Chairman MTN Nigeria, who presented the items, said the gesture was to support efforts at fighting the disease and promote public health.

- See more at: http://m.dailytimes.com.ng/article/11099/ebola-lagos-receives-fgs-n200m-support-fund#.VCwGOvmSyLE

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by Ngwakwe: 2:52pm On Oct 01, 2014
arresa:
[s]

1. Back in April, the FG of Nigeria lied to Nigerians and the world that Nigeria was ready to tackle Ebola and that we have vaccines that doesn't exist.

2. Their incompetence and lack of care threatened Nigerians by not only failing to put in place Ebola policy measures and Ebola fighting tools and equipment, but also trained folks at our point of entries that should have detected and prevented the Liberian man from entering the country especially with the virus ragging in parts of West Africa.

3. We managed to tackle the virus in Nigeria because sensible and dedicated people like Fashola did everything in their power not only to fight the virus, but also gave support and comfort to the sick and survivors.

4. When the FG minister was giving daily press conference, the Lagos state government was building isolation units, staffing and equipping their hospitals to rut tests and detect virus and monitoring contacts .

5. After the not so Ebola outbreak, we still have to move forward with other proactive measures to prevent similar situations and also integrate the survivors back into the society with love and support.

6. I posted pics of Fashola setting up special isolation units in Lagos that curtailed the virus which the usual ignorant characters and bigots on NL trashed endlessly.

7. The Lagos state government and legislature made available funds to fight the disease while your FG was making fake promises about funds that didn't show up. Thank God the state government didn't wait and sit around for some fake funds from ABuja.

Now, who's out there showing love and support? Who is welcoming, hugging and laughing with the survivors?

We got lucky because of the hard working, sensible, proactive and dedicated folks in Lagos state including the first responders and medical doctors including the brave ones that paid the ultimate price for keeping us safe..

Back to last April again..

This lying and incompetent FG left us exposed and vulnerable with their lies that Nigeria was ready to fight Ebola and that they have Ebola vaccines that doesn't exist anywhere on the surface of the earth.

We remain in danger because the same ignorant, uneducated and incompetent people are still running the country..[/s].

This is the kind of Politics and division that would've empowered Ebola to do more havoc in Nigeria as Bokoharam has done

Enough of these political rhetoric.

Next is Unity in support of our men in uniforms especially the Military and the Presidency in the fight against Boko Jihadists.

34 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by MayorofLagos(m): 2:57pm On Oct 01, 2014
Nigerians live a disorderly, scary and risky life. Ebola came saw that it had no chance of thriving in this hell hole and so it took off to go find a more orderly place to settle in.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by Valfrankie(m): 3:27pm On Oct 01, 2014
fr3do:

There is a mix up somewhere, He is from Asaba grin
gringringrin NO, you are wrong, HE IS FROM ANAMBRA! My father once told me a story his own father said his father's father and great grandfather told them of how they own father told the story of how the great messenger of the GOD'S came to Arochukwu to prepare the way for the arrival of the great one! Even the Stone he sat on in Arochukwu to create the Universe is still there today embarassedsad

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by Jmain: 3:28pm On Oct 01, 2014
MayorofLagos: Nigerians live a disorderly, scary and risky life. Ebola came saw that it had no chance of thriving in this hell hole and so it took off to go find a more orderly place to settle in.

Lovely, orderly places like Liberia, Guinea e.t.c easily comes to the mind grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by major466(m): 3:28pm On Oct 01, 2014
Nigeria is willing to help America fight Ebola free of charge. grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by rigarmortis: 3:44pm On Oct 01, 2014
America rules the world not by might but by media propaganda.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by NgeneUkwenu(f): 4:04pm On Oct 01, 2014
Ngwakwe: It worked in Nigeria because everybody was United and nobody took pleasure in this National Catastrophe/epidemics unlike our battle to defeat Boko Jihadists which challenges have turned to campaign slogan for political neophytes who resort in demonizing our Military and Security Establishments for political purposes.

[s]I remember the day Berem and Obiagelli, my kin sisters and NgeneUkwenu alias Cleverly my dear brother called for Prof Onyebuchi's summary dismissal for no just cause than opportunism.

Blind Social Critics and self-accalaimed political analysts deceiving innocent and gullible Nigerians over time[/s].

Ngwakwe first of all, I am not Cleverly or whatever name you mentioned! Stop apportioning names to me.

Now to the topic! Can you outline exactly what Onyebuchi did as part of the Federal Government's effort in curtailing Ebola, apart from dishing our daily contradicting press release?

If any praise should go to any Nigerian, it should be the late Doctor and the great Fashola.

The fed govt as led by the clueless jonadatff has no credit here.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 01, 2014
MayorofLagos: Nigerians live a disorderly, scary and risky life. Ebola came saw that it had no chance of thriving in this hell hole and so it took off to go find a more orderly place to settle in.

you must be a poor man, since when has Liberia become heaven?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Ngwakwe first of all, I am not Cleverly or whatever name you mentioned! Stop apportioning names to me.

Now to the topic! Can you outline exactly what Onyebuchi did as part of the Federal Government's effort in curtailing Ebola, apart from dishing our daily contradicting press release?

If any praise should go to any Nigerian, it should be the late Doctor and the great Fashola.

reasons please?
Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by F117A: 4:29pm On Oct 01, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Yes i am sure when ebola came to rivers state,it was fashola that prevented an outbreak.
Paid hack.
Keep deceiving gullible people.

19 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by semitunde: 4:35pm On Oct 01, 2014
thewarrior72: Many holes & deviations in that report. Instead of giving honour & respect to Nigeria the keep twisting the fact...smh

Twisting the fact to somehow show that USA was part of our success story on Ebola. When the truth was that they actually didn't want to help, and probably quietly wanted us to fail so they can gloat about our helpless situation.

We did it right and they realised it would be seen as quite odd that this was done without the world's Superman's help. Superman my foot.

I won't be surprised to see pictures of our successful Ebola cases with american faces slotted somewhere in between.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
Nigerdeltaboi: I heard Barack Obama has called Goodluck Jonathan at least 12 times today for guidance on preventing an Ebola Outbreak in the USA........... and Goodluck was like : I am busy at the parade ground cheesy
grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by zappyj(m): 4:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
arresa:

1. Back in April, the FG of Nigeria lied to Nigerians and the world that Nigeria was ready to tackle Ebola and that we have vaccines that doesn't exist.

2. Their incompetence and lack of care threatened Nigerians by not only failing to put in place Ebola policy measures and Ebola fighting tools and equipment, but also trained folks at our point of entries that should have detected and prevented the Liberian man from entering the country especially with the virus ragging in parts of West Africa.

3. We managed to tackle the virus in Nigeria because sensible and dedicated people like Fashola did everything in their power not only to fight the virus, but also gave support and comfort to the sick and survivors.

4. When the FG minister was giving daily press conference, the Lagos state government was building isolation units, staffing and equipping their hospitals to rut tests and detect virus and monitoring contacts .

5. After the not so Ebola outbreak, we still have to move forward with other proactive measures to prevent similar situations and also integrate the survivors back into the society with love and support.

6. I posted pics of Fashola setting up special isolation units in Lagos that curtailed the virus which the usual ignorant characters and bigots on NL trashed endlessly.

Now, who's out there showing love and support? Who is welcoming, hugging and laughing with the survivors?

We got lucky because of the hard working, sensible, proactive and dedicated folks in Lagos state including the first responders and medical doctors including the brave ones that paid the ultimate price for keeping us safe..

This lying and incompetent FG left us exposed and vulnerable with their lies that Nigeria was ready to fight Ebola and that they have Ebola vaccines that doesn't exist anywhere on the surface of the earth.

We remain in danger because the same ignorant, uneducated and incompetent people are still running the country...

Unnecessary analysis, go straight to the point instead of finding faults with the whole system. Jeez! I am sorry I had to quote the whole epistle.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 01, 2014
WESTERN PROPAGANDA...SEE WHAT ALJAZEERA WROTE FEW WEEKS AGO! angry
sad sad sad sad
Aljazeera: Nigeria's Weak
Health Sector Confronts
Ebola

https://www.nairaland.com/1912007/aljazeera-nigerias-weak-health-sector

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by semitunde: 4:51pm On Oct 01, 2014
arresa:

We remain in danger because the same ignorant, uneducated and incompetent people are still running the country...

Unfortunately, you are also absolutely correct.

I remember watching a program on TV right before the sawyer case where a govt envoy was confidently stating that we had all what was needed to prevent and treat Ebola cases. I was happy that at least we were planning for prevention.

Until sawyer paid a visit and the prepared "on ground" govt preparation turn out nonexistent. God bless the Lagos state govt. Yes its their job, but they did it and didn't blame any incompetence on history. And the beautiful thing was that it was shown that they followed up the cases/contacted patients to the their logical conclusion, ending with the governor hugging Ebola survivors in pictures.

This is an example by Nigerians showing we can actually finish a process

Shout out to the federal govt for comming in with their support. We can hail the Lagos state govt for being proactive, but it did require and got the formidable financial and logistics backing of the federal govt later.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by nigerianvenom(m): 4:52pm On Oct 01, 2014
fr3do:

There is a mix up somewhere, He is from Asaba grin

no,i think he's from d oil city of akwa ibom- eket

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by Ilaje44(m): 4:54pm On Oct 01, 2014
semitunde:

Twisting the fact to somehow show that USA was part of our success story on Ebola. When the truth was that they actually didn't want to help, and probably quietly wanted us to fail so they can gloat about our helpless situation.

We did it right and they realised it would be seen as quite odd that this was done without the world's Superman's help. Superman my foot.

I won't be surprised to see pictures of our successful Ebola cases with american faces slotted somewhere in between.

Nigerians can be ungrateful atimes. Americans don't want to help you, yet a lot of volunteers from the same America came down to help you set up the Ebola centres. Do you think if these pioneers have been gutless like a lot of your Nigerian doctors, you would be here praising Nigeria? The people that encouraged Nigerians to help Nigerians are in my eyes the people to whom the greatest credit is due. The survivors of the epidemic have corroborated what the NYT has written, even though you think they are biased.

BTW, Lagos, nay, Nigeria is a sprawling slum by all decent standard.

Abami eda, second bass o jare! Suffer suffer for world - na your fault be dat.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by semitunde: 5:19pm On Oct 01, 2014
Ilaje44:

Nigerians can be ungrateful atimes. Americans don't want to help you, yet a lot of volunteers from the same America came down to help you set up the Ebola centres. Do you think if these pioneers have been gutless like a lot of your Nigerian doctors, you would be here praising Nigeria? The people that encouraged Nigerians to help Nigerians are in my eyes the people to whom the greatest credit is due. The survivors of the epidemic have corroborated what the NYT has written, even though you think they are biased.

BTW, Lagos, nay, Nigeria is a sprawling slum by all decent standard.

Abami eda, second bass o jare! Suffer suffer for world - na your fault be dat.

Their actions were after the fact and at most in hindsight. Why has this news article not mentioned the fact that the hospital actually had the technology and personell to quickly detect and take action on the first Ebola case in the country. Rather they talked about another USA plant who was called and went like "ohh that must be Ebola!". The doctor that died did so not necessarily out of ignorance but in a bid to make make sure the human Ebola was restricted to the hospital.

I'm telling you bro, what happened at that hospital could have easily happened at any top rate hospital in the world. And I'm sure more props would have been given to the hospital instead of insinuating that they lacked the capability to manage the situation - until USA showed up (not that they did anyway).

Lagos is a metropolis. Calling a whole state/metropolis a slum is sitting behind a desk and ignorantly pulling out the stereotype. I'm not fighting for Lagos but if Lagos was in USA, the description would be different, and you'll still agree with them.

New York is refered to as a concrete jungle, mostly cos of the sky scrappers and little greenery. In a hundred years it might be refered to as the actual urban slum at a time when people would be looking for anything closest to nature. In the end what is called a slum would be a matter of opinion.

14 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 01, 2014
arresa:

APC e-rats and their trademark divisive comments.

If the ebola outbreak in Nigeria had spiraled out of control like is happening in Liberia et al, APC e-rats would have heaped all the blame on the FG and specifically on the GEJ they hate so much. No one would have mentioned Fashola.

However, now that ebola was effectively contained in Nigeria, the APC beloved Lagos state governor must take all the credit.

Why are APC e-rats such shameless hypocrites?

13 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by arresa: 6:16pm On Oct 01, 2014
anonimi:

Could you please confirm if this news story is FAKE

Why do people like you insult and pollute our senses with your collective and ridiculous absurdities?

Talk about medicine after death...

Ebola showed up in Nigeria back in July, they promised to release funds weeks later and not right away, but the funds didn't show up until September when the whole episode was over and done with...

[img]http://4.bp..com/-0EON-o48cUU/VBtZCwxOGUI/AAAAAAADj-E/crO1S0hh28c/s1600/aa.png[/img]

Below was back in August when Lagos state was solely battling Ebola in August. No funds was sent to Lagos and non was released according to the state government..

On the N1.9 billion intervention funds approved by the federal government to fight ebola in Nigeria, fashola said: “I believe that the president has approved some money. At the moment, we are yet to receive any money. What we have done is to work with our resources

The Lagos State commissioner for Health Dr Jide Idris who disclosed this at a press briefing on Friday in Lagos, said the state government has not received a penny from N1.9 billion intervention fund approved by the federal government to fight ebola in Nigeria

All the money spent on the health of the ebola victims were funds released by the state governor, Babatunde fashola. He released the money immediately the first case was reported and that is the money we have been spending.

http://leadership.ng/news/381180/health-workers-tools-hope-dips-

So, where was the Federal funds when the virus was raging in Lagos?

Where was the federal funds when Lagos state government was staffing and equipping facilities test and detect?

Where was the Federal funds when Lagos state government built isolation units in Lagos state?

Ebola is a very dangerous virus that no society should ever be burdened with, but we are glad it happened in a place where they have credible and assertive leaders with great sense of duty and dedication and also with foresight to support their efforts with critical funds needed to battle the disease...

Not some worthless, useless and lying incompetent people releasing funds well after the war was won and over with...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by arresa: 6:18pm On Oct 01, 2014
[s]
Sincere9gerian:

If the ebola outbreak in Nigeria had spiraled out of control like is happening in Liberia et al, APC e-rats would have heaped all the blame on the FG and specifically on the GEJ they hate so much. No one would have mentioned Fashola.

However, now that ebola was effectively contained in Nigeria, the APC beloved Lagos state governor must take all the credit.

[/s]

Unintelligent and ignorant clown like you bore me....really.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by Ngwakwe: 6:19pm On Oct 01, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Cleverly, stop denying your shadow

Ngene-Ukwenu:
Welcome back sir, you can as well guess who i am....that Yoruba Igbo who cleverly stands for the truth. As for sexkillz, i will serve it to you hot this time around! Anu mpam!

Ngene-Ukwenu:

The never-do-well banned me for 1 month for no good reason, 5 days to Anambra Election. This is a guy who cannot sit near me in real life, cannot talk where i am talking or else he would be shoved aside, just hid under reward less job as a moderator to commit atrocities. However, i have used the opportunity to add about 37 handles, i can never be caught unawares again. Let him ban this one, i would come up with another 10 before dawn.

brerem: Don't let Sexkillz see your moniker going around a ban. Dude can be heartless when it comes to banning alternate monikers ad infinitum.

Adanne, dont worry, i have 36 remaining! na him go tire, na my younger brother dey help me open them tongue

www.nairaland.com/1521300/back-again-fight-heart-soul#1521300.24

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by luvinhubby(m): 6:19pm On Oct 01, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

Their level of hypocrisy is so alarming that often times they tell lies & forget about it, only to start denying profusely when exposed as in the case of Ekiti state.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by arresa: 6:28pm On Oct 01, 2014
semitunde:

Unfortunately, you are also absolutely correct.

I remember watching a program on TV right before the sawyer case where a govt envoy was confidently stating that we had all what was needed to prevent and treat Ebola cases. I was happy that at least we were planning for prevention.

Until sawyer paid a visit and the prepared "on ground" govt preparation turn out nonexistent. God bless the Lagos state govt. Yes its their job, but they did it and didn't blame any incompetence on history. And the beautiful thing was that it was shown that they followed up the cases/contacted patients to the their logical conclusion, ending with the governor hugging Ebola survivors in pictures.

This is an example by Nigerians showing we can actually finish a process

Shout out to the federal govt for comming in with their support. We can hail the Lagos state govt for being proactive, but it did require and got the formidable financial and logistics backing of the federal govt later.

Nigeria is prepared right now to curtail any outbreak particularly given reports that few counties on the West Coast like Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea have reported cases of Ebola fever and given our proximity to these countries Nigeria is ready, the ministry has every precaution including getting with vaccines and medicines to ensure that should there be any incidence in Nigeria, everything would be dealt with precision”, he said. - Minister of Information, Labaran Maku

That was back in April before Ebola in Nigeria.

Instead of doing the thing by putting measures and equipment in place to protect Nigerians, this lying scumbag and deplorable government official was lying to the world and Nigerians that we have vaccines?

What vaccine? There is no Ebola vaccine on the surface of the earth?

Where was the so called medicine to treat Nigerians afflicted with the virus?

This is how these scumbags needless endanger us everyday.

It's even sad and pathetic that this clown is still a public official when in fact he should have been fired. But this is a government with no credibility or any form of morale calling so this kind of untrustworthy behavior is no big deal, it's part of their culture and way of life..

In same societies, this clown wont have a job at least not any kind of government job..

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by arresa: 6:31pm On Oct 01, 2014
zappyj:

Unnecessary analysis, go straight to the point instead of finding faults with the whole system. Jeez! I am sorry I had to quote the whole epistle.

It was written and posted for intelligent people to read and comprehend, not lazy people with zero capacity to read and comprehend simple English words.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 01, 2014
chulla12: I guess it was time to start publishing Nigeria's so called success story to ease the growing panic about the first bonafide ebola case in the US.

"If those Africans could do it, we shouldn't have any worries since we are 100% more organized than they are!"

Yeah I can see through NY Time's bullsh*t. grin

grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by arresa: 6:56pm On Oct 01, 2014
Ngwakwe:

This is the kind of Politics and division that would've empowered Ebola to do more havoc in Nigeria as Bokoharam has done

Enough of these political rhetoric.

Next is Unity in support of our men in uniforms especially the Military and the Presidency in the fight against Boko Jihadists.

Where was the unity when the FG lied to Nigerians that Nigeria was ready to fight Ebola?

Where was the unity when the FG lied to Nigerians about stockpiles of vaccine and medicine to treat Ebola?

Where was the unity when it was time to adequately support Lagosians with funds to fight the virus?

Unfortunately for Nigeria, people like you hide under silly rubbish and talking points like unity when it suits your shallow and misguided agenda.

And about the military. We than God that they are having successes against the terrorists.

Now, lease tell us about the unity between your president and the BH supporter and financier he was palling around with in Niger republic?

Tell us about the your government's unity per supporting our military with moral and equipment support needed to fight BH?

Where was their unity with the soldiers when the same soldiers were running out of common bullets to fight terrorists with?

Where was their unity with the soldiers when the same soldiers had to confront their top officers because they didn't have proper tools and support to fight with?

Where was their unity with Nigerians when the useless and incompetent military chiefs that lost hundreds of girls in the areas they controlled under state of emergency were given National honors and awards even after losing Nigerian territory, towns and villages to terrorists instead of firing them?

Where is the unity with Nigerians per demanding accountability why our men in Uniform are not properly equipped after spending $6 billion every year to maintain the military services?

Where was the unity with Nigerians when the same useless, worthless and corrupt government scammed unemployed Nigerian youths by taking their money, necessitating their deaths, refusing to return the money they scammed from tens of thousands of poor and employed and youths and also refusing to punish the scammers and folks involved?

Where was their unity with Nigerians when they left them exposed to terrorists and bombers in Abuja twice in 2 weeks when scores of Nigerians died?

Where was your president's unity with Nigerians when he took off to KANO to dance skelewu less than 24 hours after many Nigerians died in a deadly bomb blast?

[img]http://bioreports.net/wp-content/themes/goodnews45/framework/scripts/timthumb.php?src=http://bioreports.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Jonathan-dances-in-Kano.jpg&h=449&w=599&zc=1[/img]

Where was your president's unity with Nigerians when he lookd the other way for 2 weeks after terrorists kidnapped hundreds of Nigeria school girls same day he went to do skelewu in Kano?

I can go on and on, but I'm sure you get the gist.

We support our men in uniform anytime any day, but not the useless and incompetent people endangering our lives why trying to blackmail our conscience with some deceptive and shallow rubbish about unity?

We are united, just not with some corrupt and incompetent people so go peddle that to your president's mindless TAN-ROIDS AND ROBOTS

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by Ngwakwe: 7:18pm On Oct 01, 2014
arresa:
[s]

Where was the unity when the FG lied to Nigerians that Nigeria was ready to fight Ebola?

Where was the unity when the FG lied to Nigerians about stockpiles of vaccine and medicine to treat Ebola?

Where was the unity when it was time to adequately support Lagosians with funds to fight the virus?

Unfortunately for Nigeria, people like you hide under silly rubbish and talking points like unity when it suits your shallow and misguided agenda.

And about the military. We than God that they are having successes against the terrorists.

Now, lease tell us about the unity between your president and the BH supporter and financier he was palling around with in Niger republic?

Tell us about the your government's unity per supporting our military with moral and equipment support needed to fight BH?

Where was their unity with the soldiers when the same soldiers were running out of common bullets to fight terrorists with?

Where was their unity with the soldiers when the same soldiers had to confront their top officers because they didn't have proper tools and support to fight with?

Where was their unity with Nigerians when the useless and incompetent military chiefs that lost hundreds of girls in the areas they controlled under state of emergency were given National honors and awards even after losing Nigerian territory, towns and villages to terrorists instead of firing them?

Where is the unity with Nigerians per demanding accountability why our men in Uniform are not properly equipped after spending $6 billion every year to maintain the military services?

Where was the unity with Nigerians when the same useless, worthless and corrupt government scammed unemployed Nigerian youths by taking their money, necessitating their deaths, refusing to return the money they scammed from tens of thousands of poor and employed and youths and also refusing to punish the scammers and folks involved?

Where was their unity with Nigerians when they left them exposed to terrorists and bombers in Abuja twice in 2 weeks when scores of Nigerians died?

Where was your president's unity with Nigerians when he took off to KANO to dance skelewu less than 24 hours after many Nigerians died in a deadly bomb blast?

[img]http://bioreports.net/wp-content/themes/goodnews45/framework/scripts/timthumb.php?src=http://bioreports.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Jonathan-dances-in-Kano.jpg&h=449&w=599&zc=1[/img]

Where was your president's unity with Nigerians when he lookd the other way for 2 weeks after terrorists kidnapped hundreds of Nigeria school girls same day he went to do skelewu in Kano?

I can go on and on, but I'm sure you get the gist.

We support our men in uniform anytime any day, but not the useless and incompetent people endangering our lives why trying to blackmail our conscience with some deceptive and shallow rubbish about unity?

We are united, just not with some corrupt and incompetent people so go peddle that to your president's mindless TAN-ROIDS AND ROBOTS

[/s]

Why are you so bitter?

If you are serious and want to be heard, write a rebuttal and sponsor the Op-Ed to be posted on New York Times front or back page. They have given the credit to Federal Ministry of Health, Bill Gate, UN etal.

All these your obfuscation won't change the credit given to any organisation involved including State Governments (Rivers and Lagos State) and the FG for their concerted effort in stopping this deadly epidemics from spreading across States.

I know for sure that the Nurse who left Lagos State Quarantine Camp was hunted down by Ministry of Health and brought back to Lagos while those she had contacts with were put on surveillance for the incubation period of the virus.

Stop deceiving gullible Nigerians in a bid to score cheat political point.

Nigeria is bigger than a State and Lagos State is not independent of Nigeria in all ramifications.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by arresa: 7:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
[s]
Ngwakwe:

Why are you so bitter?

If you are serious and want to be heard, write a rebuttal and sponsor the Op-Ed to be posted on New York Times front or back page. They have given the credit to Federal Ministry of Health, Bill Gate, UN etal.

All these your obfuscation won't change the credit given to any organisation involved including State Governments (Rivers and Lagos State) and the FG for their concerted effort in stopping this deadly epidemics from spreading across States.

I know for sure that the Nurse who left Lagos State Quarantine Camp was hunted down by Ministry of Health and brought back to Lagos while those she had contacts with were put on surveillance for the incubation period of the virus.

Stop deceiving gullible Nigerians in a bid to score cheat political point.

Nigeria is bigger than a State and Lagos State is not independent of Nigeria in all ramifications.
[/s]

The truth is never bitter, it's only bitter to the perpetrators and truth deniers..

Btw, quit the nonsense about the OP and NY times, I responded to your BS about Unity so deal with that..

Your FG knows nothing about Unity and their actions have always been divisive and not unifying. They even lack the morale authority to talk to Nigerians about unity because we've always been united and the fact that regardless of our differences we are still together says a lot so they need to shut up about all that emotional blackmail designed to cover their shortcomings, corrupt ways and incompetence..

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by adegwurulez(m): 7:39pm On Oct 01, 2014
CityNG:

Me: Iyawo let me teach you 911 and how to use it.

Iyawo (recent U.S. arrivee): Ki lo njebe?

Me: So you dial 911 in case of any emergen....

Iyawo: Na lie, e no go be my portion, God forbid.

Me: groan....
grin You can imagine an african dad telling his family he wants to start preparing for death.

" It is not your portion daddy, you still have 70years to live"
Really?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wife Pours Hot Water On Her Husband To Resuscitate Him In Ondo State. Photos / Fallen Tree Kills Woman, Injures 10 Others In Ilorin / Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.