Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? (3012 Views)

7 Key PDP Members Who Were Absent At Pdp's National Conference Yesterday / Mimiko, Fayose, Others Absent At PDP Govs Meeting With Jonathan / Buhari Absent At APC Rally In London- Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 01, 2014
I have just observed that in recent times the Speaker of the Federal House of Representatives Rt Hon. Aminu Tambuwal has always been absent at national functions. First was at the centennary celebration during which many distinguished Nigerians where honoured for their contributions to national development, secondly was at the National Merit Award Ceremony.
At the ongoing Ceremonial Change of Guards Parade, the Speaker is conspicously absent while the President, Vice President, the President of the Senate, Deputy Speaker of the House of Reps and others are present. While he may have reasons to be absent I ask what could be more important to the Speaker on a day like this than such national functions where he as the fourth highest ranking officer of the government is supposed to be present.
Lets discuss civilly the appriopriateness or otherwise of this.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 01, 2014
Questions for the gods to answer!
Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by 9ijaprince(m): 10:46am On Oct 01, 2014
if you ask me na who I go ask?
Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by PenSniper: 10:50am On Oct 01, 2014
Because Tambuwal is of the two sides of a coin - a man who likes to eat his cake and have it again - with no liberty of mind.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 01, 2014
maybe he doesn't believe in the charade!

5 Likes

Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by Everfrank(m): 11:11am On Oct 01, 2014
Ask him.
Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 01, 2014
nchewi: maybe he doesn't believe in the charade!
Perhaps yes but then what are his own ideals that mark him out from the rest?

13 Likes

Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by Punstar: 11:22am On Oct 01, 2014
He doesn't like the company of some public dignitaries in some public functions sad
Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by chimerase2: 11:22am On Oct 01, 2014
He doesn't knw wat he is doing undecided

20 Likes

Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by tonyot(m): 11:23am On Oct 01, 2014
Same question i have been asking myself too. I can't remember any national function or his "official party" function he has attended in recent times

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by iamodenigbo1(m): 11:54am On Oct 01, 2014
Mr speaker is CONFUSED

14 Likes

Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by ShehuAba(m): 11:57am On Oct 01, 2014
Runs to the search engine.
Abeg, Google help me answer this question.
OP, when I find answer, I go come back.
Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 01, 2014
He is a very serious minded fellow. He doesnt have time for shenanigans and "Okparapoism"

6 Likes

Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by egopersonified(f): 12:01pm On Oct 01, 2014
He doesnt live in naija.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by mumumugu(m): 12:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
Not everyone enjoys attending functions
Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by FrankC3: 12:15pm On Oct 01, 2014
mumumugu: Not everyone enjoys attending functions

Such a person shouldn't be the number 4 citizen of the country.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 01, 2014
ikwoche: He is a very serious minded fellow. He doesnt have time for shenanigans and "Okparapoism"
I ask again what are his ideals that stand him out from the rest? How has he conducted himself different from others? How has he changed the house of reps he has been speaker of for mire than 3 years? These are national functions, functions of the govt of which he's not just part of but no 4 in the hierarchy.

8 Likes

Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by Isiterere(m): 12:22pm On Oct 01, 2014
He is not part of them and he doesn't want to sit on the fence.
Btw , I could vividly remember that he said "we need a new government at the centre by 2015" while GEJ was part of the gathering on that day.

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by ZKOSOSO(m): 12:27pm On Oct 01, 2014
He cannot dignify an ordinary Ijaw man as the president of nigeria. He is the representative of the sultanate remember?
He cannot withstand the insult of being nos 4 when they are working round the clock to grab their birthright back from an infidel.
APC @heart, PDP in clothes. Hypocrite

13 Likes

Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by banki(m): 12:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
ZKOSOSO: He cannot dignify an ordinary Ijaw man as the president of nigeria. He is the representative of the sultanate remember?
He cannot withstand the insult of being nos 4 when they are working round the clock to grab their birthright back from an infidel.
APC @heart, PDP in clothes. Hypocrite

you are the one that is spreading ethnic bias........what has ijaw got to do with that....

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by 1960chic(f): 12:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
He's gradually showing how selfish he is. Dodging national function but has time to go and collect chieftaincy title in Sokoto.
God is watching

4 Likes

Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 01, 2014
He is a shy person grin grin grin
Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by VOICEOFTHEMASES: 12:50pm On Oct 01, 2014
He is a janjaweedian in the night.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:01pm On Oct 01, 2014
Dem dey mark register there?
Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 01, 2014
He is shy :/
Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by chronique(m): 1:20pm On Oct 01, 2014
He's only playing politics of bitterness. Such a person doesn't deserve the office He is holding. No matter what He has against the president,so long as it is an event that represents the federal republic of Nigeria,He has no reason to shun it. If He has any honour or dignity in him,He should resign and disassociate himself from this government rather than being part of it,enjoying the perks and benefits that accrues to the position He is enjoying,and still be antagonising the government. But as we all know,He's just another selfish and greedy politician who doesn't have the interest of the people at heart.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by chacoonder(m): 1:20pm On Oct 01, 2014
....because he is not an hypocrite.
Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by size38: 1:24pm On Oct 01, 2014
Pls we are not the speaker. Go ask him urself.
Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 01, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: Dem dey mark register there?
No dem no dey mark register there but people dey take attendance with dem eyes and brain.
chacoonder: ....because he is not an hypocrite.
Tell me what is patroitic with constantly dodging national functions orgaised by a govt of which you are a high ranking member. He may have issues with some other members but should he allow that to affect his relationship with national functions?

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 01, 2014
size38: Pls we are not the speaker. Go ask him urself.
I know you aren't the speaker but I was thinking you would know, so say you don't and move on. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 01, 2014
VOICEOFTHEMASES: He is a janjaweedian in the night.

Pls can you take off that image?

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by cocoberry(f): 1:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
Like seriously! Do u know him dis well? My opinion, I think he is just a shy guy.

chronique: He's only playing politics of bitterness. Such a person doesn't deserve the office He is holding. No matter what He has against the president,so long as it is an event that represents the federal republic of Nigeria,He has no reason to shun it. If He has any honour or dignity in him,He should resign and disassociate himself from this government rather than being part of it,enjoying the perks and benefits that accrues to the position He is enjoying,and still be antagonising the government. But as we all know,He's just another selfish and greedy politician who doesn't have the interest of the people at heart.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Doesn't Need A Broke Man As President: Muhammadu Buhari / Don't Publish Election Results Before Official Release, Jega Warns 'nairalanders / New Photos: GMB Chilling With Prof.osinbajo After His Interview With Mo' Abudu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.