Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,141 members, 7,953,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:52 PM

Ladies, Have You Ever Rejected A Guy Because You Felt He Was Too Good For You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Have You Ever Rejected A Guy Because You Felt He Was Too Good For You? (3210 Views)

Lady Rejects Guy Because He Wanted To Take Her On A Date With 'Kabu Kabu' / 99 Secrets Ladies Have To Know About Guys / Lost Him Because I Couldn't Say What I Felt,he Is With Someone Else And It Hurts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, Have You Ever Rejected A Guy Because You Felt He Was Too Good For You? by chucky101(m): 12:39pm On Oct 01, 2014
Maybe because of his seemingly superior intelligence, riches, looks or fame.
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Rejected A Guy Because You Felt He Was Too Good For You? by xynerise: 12:43pm On Oct 01, 2014
No one is too good for anybody. That's just a trick to friend zone a guy

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Rejected A Guy Because You Felt He Was Too Good For You? by dmcdad: 12:52pm On Oct 01, 2014
xynerise: No one is too good for anybody. That's just a trick to friend zone a guy
Bros no talk like that ooooooo. Some people actually feel highly inferior to certain individuals they might even be dying for. I've had someone like that. Infact, I have had some people like that. You will know from the way and manner by which they tend to treat you. It's not a case of friendzoning. Although in some occurrences that might be the case. But also, its possible some people just feel they ain't good enough for you for reasons best known to them.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Rejected A Guy Because You Felt He Was Too Good For You? by patholaw: 1:14pm On Oct 01, 2014
xynerise: No one is too good for anybody. That's just a trick to friend zone a guy
True talk... Cuz i have seen "superior" men marry women dat are not up to dem in any standard
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Rejected A Guy Because You Felt He Was Too Good For You? by MisterLongman(m): 1:47pm On Oct 01, 2014
dmcdad:
Bros no talk like that ooooooo. Some people actually feel highly inferior to certain individuals they might even be dying for. I've had someone like that. Infact, I have had some people like that. You will know from the way and manner by which they tend to treat you. It's not a case of friendzoning. Although in some occurrences that might be the case. But also, its possible some people just feel they ain't good enough for you for reasons best known to them.
Can you please tell us the kind of reasons...... Its either the she does not want you or she's having borderline personality disorder
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Rejected A Guy Because You Felt He Was Too Good For You? by dmcdad: 2:05pm On Oct 01, 2014
MisterLongman: Can you please tell us the kind of reasons...... Its either the she does not want you or she's having borderline personality disorder
I guess the latter might be the case. But seriously, there are cases whereby a girl doesn't want to date you albeit she is into you. I have seen it happen with me and some other close friends. So, I say this from experience and not just a mere assumption.
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Rejected A Guy Because You Felt He Was Too Good For You? by inositol88(m): 2:59pm On Oct 01, 2014
[quote author=chucky101]Maybe because of his seemingly superior intelligence, riches, looks or fame.[/quote

my Bros, dat was another excuse she used to put u on de freindszone.

Anyway sha ladies can be mysterious sometimes,

BUT DON'T 4GET DAT FOR EVERY "NO" A GAL SAYS, SHE ACTUALLY MEANS "YES".
speaking from experience.
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Rejected A Guy Because You Felt He Was Too Good For You? by urcutecrush(f): 5:19pm On Oct 01, 2014
I have never rejected a guy cos he is too good for me.if it happens I will consider myself extremely lucky and date him.or I would have been crushing on him already!who sayz no to a crush anywayz but I swear nothing like perfect guy,when u get closer u will know he's also too good at cheating and lying too.
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Rejected A Guy Because You Felt He Was Too Good For You? by dmcdad: 6:23pm On Oct 01, 2014
urcutecrush: I have never rejected a guy cos he is too good for me.if it happens I will consider myself extremely lucky and date him.or I would have been crushing on him already!who sayz no to a crush anywayz but I swear nothing like perfect guy,when u get closer u will know he's also too good at cheating and lying too.
At the end of the day not every guy cheat and lie. I can bet my life on that, at least for myself.
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Rejected A Guy Because You Felt He Was Too Good For You? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Oct 01, 2014
dmcdad:
Neutralwaya fits in perfectly
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Rejected A Guy Because You Felt He Was Too Good For You? by dmcdad: 6:55pm On Oct 01, 2014
3cycle:
Neutralwaya fits in perfectly
Who is that? Your crush? Or?
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Rejected A Guy Because You Felt He Was Too Good For You? by Felvet(f): 7:24pm On Oct 01, 2014
dmcdad:
I guess the latter might be the case. But seriously, there are cases whereby a girl doesn't want to date you albeit she is into you. I have seen it happen with me and some other close friends. So, I say this from experience and not just a mere assumption.
Even when you asked her out?
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Rejected A Guy Because You Felt He Was Too Good For You? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
dmcdad:
Who is that? Your crush? Or?
Lol, neutralwaya is an annoying nairalander who isn't man enough to tell a babe he is inlove with her. grin
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Rejected A Guy Because You Felt He Was Too Good For You? by Chilug(m): 8:06pm On Oct 01, 2014
urcutecrush: I have never rejected a guy cos he is too good for me.if it happens I will consider myself extremely lucky and date him.or I would have been crushing on him already!who sayz no to a crush anywayz but I swear nothing like perfect guy,when u get closer u will know he's also too good at cheating and lying too.
Too extreme. Am reporting you to d mode
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Rejected A Guy Because You Felt He Was Too Good For You? by dmcdad: 8:19pm On Oct 01, 2014
3cycle:
Lol, neutralwaya is an annoying nairalander who isn't man enough to tell a babe he is inlove with her. grin
Ohh I see... And that's bad. At this modern time? What is he scared of?
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Rejected A Guy Because You Felt He Was Too Good For You? by karferguso(m): 8:21pm On Oct 01, 2014
Booked..in case it makes front page
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Rejected A Guy Because You Felt He Was Too Good For You? by dmcdad: 8:39pm On Oct 01, 2014
Felvet: Even when you asked her out?
Infact, it happened with someone who was dying for me (lol). She approached me (although not directly) and after some time, she said she doesn't deserve someone like me. That I was just too good for her. That we were on two different platforms (in terms of class or whateva). I could remember vividly I visited her once and she really pissed me off with the way she was over-pampering me or something. If she didn't talk about how comfortable I was, it was how she never expected that I would visit her in her home (like say she no reach). It was really awkward to say the least. At every point of it I had to downplay myself in some kinda way to make her feel better and to make myself feel more comfortable. **The funny thing be say no be say I be wan too much money guy ooooooo (me wey still dey hustle, lol)**

I have also wooed someone before and she told me point blank that I know she couldn't date me. We were in the same group in the church and I knew of course that I was highly rated (still highly rated though). She told me she was just too far off from me. Moreover, this was a well respected girl (someone I respect personally too) but the way she took me was just absurd seriously. Although I talked her out of it and we got together, but then with little cracks at some point or the other, it came up again (though in a different form).

So, it does exist.
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Rejected A Guy Because You Felt He Was Too Good For You? by urcutecrush(f): 9:42pm On Oct 01, 2014
Chilug:
Too extreme. Am reporting you to d mode
U had better be joking
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Rejected A Guy Because You Felt He Was Too Good For You? by urcutecrush(f): 9:47pm On Oct 01, 2014
dmcdad:
At the end of the day not every guy cheat and lie. I can bet my life on that, at least for myself.
I think I said that wrongly.when u get to know ur perfect guy well u will know he is not perfect.And only few guyz doesn't cheat most does
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Rejected A Guy Because You Felt He Was Too Good For You? by Missmossy(f): 9:56pm On Oct 01, 2014
Nah, i haven't rejected a guy because i felt he was too good for me,i won't consider classifying this situation as one either.

A highly introverted guy who was a year ahead of me at school asked me out and to be candid this guy has a very good heart i have known him for close to 3 years though but i knew we are direct opposite in our ways and i easily lose interest in a guy. I had to wade off his proposal because i knew he needs one of his own kindcheesy lollz.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Rejected A Guy Because You Felt He Was Too Good For You? by Sarimah(f): 9:59pm On Oct 01, 2014
Nah... I haven't
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Rejected A Guy Because You Felt He Was Too Good For You? by dmcdad: 10:09pm On Oct 01, 2014
urcutecrush:
I think I said that wrongly.when u get to know ur perfect guy well u will know he is not perfect.And only few guyz doesn't cheat most does
For the emboldened:

Firstly, you seem to forget that NO ONE is perfect. No! Not even one. Even the Bible attested to this when it said "No one is righteous. No, not even one." Personally, I ain't looking for a perfect person (cause I know there ain't one) but someone is who is ready to learn (of course amongst other qualities).

Secondly, it's agreed that most guys cheat and there are just a few who don't cheat. But then, without arguing who cheats more, the ladies cheat as much as guys now. No need to debate about that.
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Rejected A Guy Because You Felt He Was Too Good For You? by happykidArotiba(m): 10:13pm On Oct 01, 2014
welcome to nairaland.
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Rejected A Guy Because You Felt He Was Too Good For You? by djeezy(m): 10:14pm On Oct 01, 2014
A lady will reject a guy because of many reasons but because he was too good for you? Where you expecting the opposite?
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Rejected A Guy Because You Felt He Was Too Good For You? by OohMpa: 10:15pm On Oct 01, 2014
Sarimah: Nah... I haven't

Time to be nice.....

Sarimah, how's your pünny doing? smiley
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Rejected A Guy Because You Felt He Was Too Good For You? by tosyne2much(m): 10:28pm On Oct 01, 2014
* I know no lady will outwrightly say agree that a man a too good for her.. OP, I believe it is true.. Some ladies tend to turn down ur advances not because you aint worth dating but because they see some things in you which makes them think you are too good for them.. Some feel you are too responsible for them by ur mode of talking and dressing, some would turn down ur advances as soon as dey notice you are the church type, some would turn down ur advance because you are gentle and cool, therefore they presume you can't threat them the way they want.. A lot of things I can't start mentioning

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Rejected A Guy Because You Felt He Was Too Good For You? by PietroRico(m): 10:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
It happens.
Trust me (I know you don't have any reason to tho)
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Rejected A Guy Because You Felt He Was Too Good For You? by damiosy(m): 10:44pm On Oct 01, 2014
Mine was not too good but that I was too calm,kept wondering how that could be a problem,only for an elderly person to tell me not to worry cuz some ladies don't know what they want(confused bunch of people) and that has got me thinking

Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Rejected A Guy Because You Felt He Was Too Good For You? by CuteMaro(m): 5:16am On Oct 02, 2014
Friendszone Phrase Detected!!!
Like a dude said earlier, no one is 2 gud 4 any1,& d fact Dat u're gudlukn, well to do, famous etc, doesn't mean u're immune to being friendzoned. u cannot be loved by every1,Fact.
Advice: FRIENDZONE IS A MILLITARY ZONE, SO KEEP OFF! unless maybe with benefits **winks**
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Rejected A Guy Because You Felt He Was Too Good For You? by urcutecrush(f): 10:18am On Oct 02, 2014
dmcdad:
For the emboldened:

Firstly, you seem to forget that NO ONE is perfect. No! Not even one. Even the Bible attested to this when it said "No one is righteous. No, not even one." Personally, I ain't looking for a perfect person (cause I know there ain't one) but someone is who is ready to learn (of course amongst other qualities).
Secondly, it's agreed that most guys cheat and there are just a few who don't cheat. But then, without arguing who cheats more, the ladies cheat as much as guys now. No need to debate about that.
U are just agreeing to all I said.thanx for the added input tho
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Rejected A Guy Because You Felt He Was Too Good For You? by tosyne2much(m): 10:21am On Oct 02, 2014
damiosy: Mine was not too good but that I was too calm,kept wondering how that could be a problem ,only for an elderly person to tell me not to worry cuz some ladies don't know what they want(confused bunch of people) and that has got me thinking
the bolded explained my aforestated point
Re: Ladies, Have You Ever Rejected A Guy Because You Felt He Was Too Good For You? by urcutecrush(f): 10:22am On Oct 02, 2014
happykidArotiba: welcome to nairaland.
Tanx dearie wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Failed Her Test Of Trust! Pls Advise.. / Ladies And Lies... / Ladies, Please Stop This Attitude. It Is Very Annoying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.