Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,794 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Parenting: Factor To Consider Before Initiating The Process. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parenting: Factor To Consider Before Initiating The Process. (501 Views)

Initiating Sex: Who's Job Is It Really? / Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting / Wives: Do You Feel Comfortable Initiating Sex In Your Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parenting: Factor To Consider Before Initiating The Process. by Appswheel(m): 3:19pm On Oct 01, 2014
[img]http://web41.its.hawaii.edu/kaohana.windward.hawaii.edu/images/wp/2014/02/CHILD-CARE.jpg[/img]
A family of 5 in Ibadan, Nigeria received a heart rending news when a blood test revealed all 3 children were HIV positive. Their parent tested negative to the virus. Who, how, where, when............... were the thoughts on their minds, lips.

There was only one person to suspect - the nanny. She was made to screen for HIV, the result turned out positive. It was discovered that she shares her toothbrush with the children, her carelessness and those of the parents left three beautiful toddlers infected with HIV.

This article is a product of "living in the future", I do this in my thoughts. I sometimes live in the future with the aim of drawing life lessons for the present.

While reading through an account of Stephen Kings early childhood in his book THE MEMOIR OF THE CRAFT, he recounted living with many babysitters, one of them was Eula. His description of her got me roaring with laughter until I read the part where he painted how she sometimes fart in his face.

This is how he put it, "Eula-Beulah was prone to farts - the kind that are both loud and smelly. Sometimes she was so affected, she would throw me on the couch, drop her wool-skirted butt on my face, and let loose. "Pow!" she'd cry in high glee. It was like being buried in marsh-gas fireworks."

This casts my mind to the risk parents put their toddlers in the hands of nannies.

I need not mention accounts of nannies who were caught sexually harassing, molesting toddlers left in their care.

Isn't it said that the formative years of a child is very important? Why are parents of this generation so comfortable leaving their children formative years to nannies?

As a grown up, I still find the characters, habits of those I regularly interact with rub on me. This brings to fore, the saying, "Tell me who your friends are, and I'll tell you who you are".

Do parents of the present times have this in mind when they employ the service of uneducated nannies to take care of their children?

Amongst other things, I advise parents to consider these attributes before employing the services of a nanny.

>>Ability to read and write.
>>Practice good personal hygiene and;
>>Conduct a medical test to check for infections, disease that are transmitted through body fluids eg HIV, Hepatitis B.

Parents should also ensure that these measures are in place at their children's day care centres.

Let me also add that parents should immunize their children against all vaccinated diseases.

The children are our future, they deserve all the attention and care they crave. Before you initiate the process of parenting, be sure you are ready for it. Don't birth a child you are not ready to nurture with love and care.

Guest authors are welcomed on Kbase.

SOURCE
Re: Parenting: Factor To Consider Before Initiating The Process. by OnyeEgo1(m): 4:42pm On Oct 01, 2014
The sight of young girls giving birth outsyd wedlock nauseate me, d children are at d receiving end. The young fadas would ever claim d most ridiculous ''I am busy'' excuse..
Before i wud even think abt impregnating any one, i wud av initiated a life-long plan.

1 Like

Re: Parenting: Factor To Consider Before Initiating The Process. by perry2020(f): 6:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
Nice article.
Re: Parenting: Factor To Consider Before Initiating The Process. by bennyrazz: 6:09pm On Oct 01, 2014
in other words we shouldn't employ nannies
Re: Parenting: Factor To Consider Before Initiating The Process. by slimyem: 8:29pm On Oct 01, 2014
bennyrazz: in other words we shouldn't employ nannies
....if you can avoid it, be extra cautious when it comes to your children and nannies or don't have children at all. cool
Re: Parenting: Factor To Consider Before Initiating The Process. by bennyrazz: 8:37pm On Oct 01, 2014
slimyem: ....if you can avoid it, be extra cautious when it comes to your children and nannies or don't have children at all. cool
I hear you

(1) (Reply)

Why Does People Orientation Change, Right After Being Successful ? / Strictly For School Owners/administrators / We Don't Die, We Kill Ourselves 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.