Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,083 members, 7,811,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

Romance And Education - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Romance And Education (761 Views)

ABC Of Romance And Sexuality! / See Mary & John Having Office Romance And Poor Jessica Is Doing The Whole Job! / Romance And Sex! Do Guys Taste The Same Just As Girls Are? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Romance And Education by DigitalSignal(m): 5:58pm On Oct 01, 2014
Sometimes I wonder and let myself lose in thoughts about the correlation between intimacy and academic activities! As we are all aware… at least those who have walked the path of formal education, that you can find only a handful of youths in our schools that are not into intimate relationships while they are still there… at least not until perhaps when they’re almost through!

Knowing the emotional involvement required to maintain a relationship and the concentration required to make good grades in school, I’m tempted to ask… rather, asking if a positive or negative correlation exists between these seemingly unexpendable activities one engages in while in school.

I’m also tempted to ask if those who stay off the romance path do better academically.

I can still recall the relics of romance in secondary school from the recesses of my mind!
Prior to my being romantically involved, I was among the best 3 students in my class, but things changed from then on and I started losing concentration and focus!

I wallowed in romance and lost my educational compass and the effect was evident in my scores in tests, assignments and all that!
This continued until I was jolted into reality by my result at the end of the academic year when I found myself trailing far behind the class!
I started groping for the path I had been before then and it wasn’t easy!
So how can these two be effectively married without affecting your grades in school?
Re: Romance And Education by Rival(m): 8:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
DigitalSignal: Sometimes I wonder and let myself lose in thoughts about the correlation between intimacy and academic activities! As we are all aware… at least those who have walked the path of formal education, that you can find only a handful of youths in our schools that are not into intimate relationships while they are still there… at least not until perhaps when they’re almost through!

Knowing the emotional involvement required to maintain a relationship and the concentration required to make good grades in school, I’m tempted to ask… rather, asking if a positive or negative correlation exists between these seemingly unexpendable activities one engages in while in school.

I’m also tempted to ask if those who stay off the romance path do better academically.

I can still recall the relics of romance in secondary school from the recesses of my mind!
Prior to my being romantically involved, I was among the best 3 students in my class, but things changed from then on and I started losing concentration and focus!

I wallowed in romance and lost my educational compass and the effect was evident in my scores in tests, assignments and all that!
This continued until I was jolted into reality by my result at the end of the academic year when I found myself trailing far behind the class!
I started groping for the path I had been before then and it wasn’t easy!
So how can these two be effectively married without affecting your grades in school?

Questions for the gods!!!

(1) (Reply)

"Woman, Stay In Your Place!" / 10 Early Signs That You're In An Abusive Relationship / Should A Lion Be Afraid Of A Snake?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.