Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,074 members, 7,957,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:26 AM

Senate Steps Down National Social Welfare Commission Bill - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Steps Down National Social Welfare Commission Bill (651 Views)

N500bn Social Welfare: 1million Poor Nigerians To Get N5,000 Directly–Presidency / 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare / NIMC Workers Shut-down National Assembly Complex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Senate Steps Down National Social Welfare Commission Bill by sunch(m): 8:00pm On Oct 01, 2014
Unfortunately, the senate with deceits are trying to sweep this bill meant to provide allowance for the unemployed in our soceity.
Our nation has the wherewithal to cater for her teeming unemployed population with its huge amount derive from oil.
So, this bill must be passed with our collective effort to march on the street and demand for this that is long over due for us.
PLEASE READ.....http://aitonline.tv/post-senate_steps_down_national_social_welfare_commission_bill
Re: Senate Steps Down National Social Welfare Commission Bill by squash1986(m): 9:17pm On Oct 01, 2014
Well,its a good idea for Govt to pay the unemployed,yes,buh i don't tink,it is the right time to start doing dat.Cos,they are still so many things to be done in Nigeria b4 one can start tinkin about dat.First of all,Nigeria has to atleast double her current GDP/economy in the shortest possible time.
Secondly,Nigeria has to eradicate,corruption,boko haram in the North,Kidnapping in the South and speed up the development of the Northern part of Nigeria by reducing poverty and creating jobs for its massive youths,i think then we can start thinking of this idea.
Anyway,Govt have sum programs like youWin,MDG(WAP),SURE-P which i know of the create opportunities for Nigerians.What i will advice is for a policy that will enforce all State and Local Govs in Nigeria to create opportunites in there various States and Local Councils.
Re: Senate Steps Down National Social Welfare Commission Bill by sunch(m): 10:24pm On Oct 01, 2014
squash1986: Well,its a good idea for Govt to pay the unemployed,yes,buh i don't tink,it is the right time to start doing dat.Cos,they are still so many things to be done in Nigeria b4 one can start tinkin about dat.First of all,Nigeria has to atleast double her current GDP/economy in the shortest possible time.
Secondly,Nigeria has to eradicate,corruption,boko haram in the North,Kidnapping in the South and speed up the development of the Northern part of Nigeria by reducing poverty and creating jobs for its massive youths,i think then we can start thinking of this idea.
Anyway,Govt have sum programs like youWin,MDG(WAP),SURE-P which i know of the create opportunities for Nigerians.What i will advice is for a policy that will enforce all State and Local Govs in Nigeria to create opportunites in there various States and Local Councils.
all ur points are still directed to the initial proposal to have a scheme that take care of the unemployed, disabled, aged. And this can replace the political motivated programs like sure-p, which would atleast suppress social vices occasioned by unemployment

(1) (Reply)

Is The Senate David Mark’s Birth-right? / Has GEJ Tried To Deserve A Second Term / SAD NEWS: Supermarket Owner Shot Dead By Robbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.