Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,142 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Is It Wrong/right To Keep Secrets (opinion) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Wrong/right To Keep Secrets (opinion) (2241 Views)

Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? / Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? / Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong/right To Keep Secrets (opinion) by beeevan: 11:09pm On Oct 03, 2014
joywendy: mmmm....true that! But is it everyone that has one? Or just a few?

Most may not really be atrocious secrets or secrets at all but there are stuffs most people will rather keep to themselves, so yes, everyone is keeping something.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong/right To Keep Secrets (opinion) by joywendy(f): 11:11pm On Oct 03, 2014
@nairalife2013

Just had to re-read your post cause the lil typos confused me at first. But you made some serious points there.

So you believe that self pity and kind like compassion for others results in a persons inability to keep secrets? And Real men know that there are secrets worth dying for?

Secrets worth dying for? That's deep. Then again I don't think it works for some senarios like those I gave above
But then even if you aint sure of the situation that might arise why not just try your luck? What's your view?
Re: Is It Wrong/right To Keep Secrets (opinion) by joywendy(f): 11:15pm On Oct 03, 2014
beeevan:

Most may not really be atrocious secrets or secrets at all but there are stuffs most people will rather keep to themselves, so yes, everyone is keeping something.

Alright thanks for your contribution

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong/right To Keep Secrets (opinion) by nairalife2013(m): 11:27pm On Oct 03, 2014
joywendy: @nairalife2013

Just had to re-read your post cause the lil typos confused me at first. But you made some serious points there.

So you believe that self pity and kind like compassion for others results in a persons inability to keep secrets? And Real men know that there are secrets worth dying for?

Secrets worth dying for? That's deep. Then again I don't think it works for some senarios like those I gave above
But then even if you aint sure of the situation that might arise why not just try your luck? What's your view?
I had to use those words to take d full essence of d word SEcret to d limits. d most seemingly light secret can bring about d worst chaos in human life.if am working in an environment where secrets are treated wid utmost seriousness, d outsider might think am outrightly malevolent whearas those secrets if divulged could bring me and my job to our knees... As, for instance, in d civil service where u hav oath of secrecy. U swear wid d bible or d koran!... More tomoro pls. Just bak from work n bathroom. Wornout. Crashing to bed.
Re: Is It Wrong/right To Keep Secrets (opinion) by Raymie(m): 11:33pm On Oct 03, 2014
Secrets are meant never to be revealed. Not to a soul, if a person must know about it s/he must be a participant of the 'secret' deed and must understand the gravity and consequence of divulging. Once a non participant is involved, it becomes less a secret. My opinion.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong/right To Keep Secrets (opinion) by joywendy(f): 10:45pm On Oct 06, 2014
nairalife2013:
I had to use those words to take d full essence of d word SEcret to d limits. d most seemingly light secret can bring about d worst chaos in human life.if am working in an environment where secrets are treated wid utmost seriousness, d outsider might think am outrightly malevolent whearas those secrets if divulged could bring me and my job to our knees... As, for instance, in d civil service where u hav oath of secrecy. U swear wid d bible or d koran!... More tomoro pls. Just bak from work n bathroom. Wornout. Crashing to bed.
Okay have been waiting. No response
Re: Is It Wrong/right To Keep Secrets (opinion) by joywendy(f): 10:46pm On Oct 06, 2014
Raymie:
Secrets are meant never to be revealed. Not to a soul, if a person must know about it s/he must be a participant of the 'secret' deed and must understand the gravity and consequence of divulging. Once a non participant is involved, it becomes less a secret. My opinion.

MMmmmm...thanks
Re: Is It Wrong/right To Keep Secrets (opinion) by nairalife2013(m): 8:44am On Oct 07, 2014
joywendy:

Okay have been waiting. No response
secrets are very personal things. The question: what do I gain if I tell, comes to mind for d matured person who has gone tro life, when secrets are considered. Will it hurt a second party? Secrets are like taboos... A reasonable person considers d second party first before himself. If I had sex wid som1 am not supposed to, for instant, what damages will it cause to d other person if I spill d beans to a third party? And som damages spread in geometric progression! Those can be associated wid illegitimate secrets... They grow like wild fire and wreck great havoc. Legitimate secret are non-novelty secrets that doesn't push u to d edge of d sit when it is brought to yur perception, even tho they may also hav d capability of creating damages... The might to keep secrets, especially TOUGH or TOP secrets is not bestowd on everyone. .Thats one of d reasons secret agents are always fellows wid resolute minds over matters of pain, agony and affection.stay away from wrong behaviour so dat u don't hav need to keep a secret or two. If by providence u must keep a secret, remember God is merciful and His Grace forgivs all sins, for som secrets are products of a sin commited, while som may be d consequence of an unplanned occurrence not entirely your fault.God is more than all and can move mountains. Secrets are part of life atimes. Don't bear it as a burden if u must. But above all, pray for his will to be done thro yur understanding of what to do and what not to do in a matured, unbiased way devoid of undue apprehensions. Don't wait for experience thro long wandering befor u know what lies ahead as a result of yur action or inaction. There r things in life u don't confess to every1 only God or if u are a cath yur priest. Learn from there. Live well. Run from guilt.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong/right To Keep Secrets (opinion) by nairalife2013(m): 9:57am On Oct 07, 2014
i was sitting on a sofa in my uncle's house carrying his child of abt a year. D child slipd and fell from my hands and landed on d rug. No one saw it. I thot of not telling my uncle or his wife of what had happend. But my mind disturbd me a lot over d incidence. I thot of d child's predicament if she had sustaind certain internal injuries. Alast I decided to bear d unknown pains dat could come up if d parents took it wid pain and misgivings if I told dem of what had occurred. I did dis with humane compassion for d sake of d child and her future healthwise. D kid is now 15 and a scan conducted then had shown no injuries. Now dat was supposed to be a secret. God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong/right To Keep Secrets (opinion) by JEITO: 12:22pm On Oct 07, 2014
It is not good to keep secrets(personal secrets not those of other people told to you).

You free yourself from guilt and expose yourself to healing by revealing it.

Mind you, you don't tell everything about you to everybody: somethings need to be revealed to your partners or spiritual head/guide only.

The severity of the secret determine who should hear it. Even your bossom friends shouldn't know certain thing about you. There are things you share with your parent or family members and others you share with your spiritual head or trained counsellor cos your family members may not misunderstand you and take it harshly.

Wisdom is key! You don't want to tell someone something that he'll use against you later on when things aren't going too well with you too.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong/right To Keep Secrets (opinion) by onegig(m): 7:22am On Oct 10, 2014
Joy...I bookmarked this thread since but haven't had time to respond. let me book space here first.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong/right To Keep Secrets (opinion) by joywendy(f): 2:47am On Oct 11, 2014
Nairalife2013 thank you so much. you made so much sense there!

JEITO very true and nice perspective there! thanks

onegig lolz booking space here no be free oh. hehehe.
would be looking forward to your reply. smiley
Re: Is It Wrong/right To Keep Secrets (opinion) by kemiola89(f): 2:32pm On Oct 11, 2014
Yes, it is right to keep secret if you are a CIA/undercover agent. undecided
Re: Is It Wrong/right To Keep Secrets (opinion) by joywendy(f): 6:49pm On Oct 11, 2014
kemiola89:
Yes, it is right to keep secret if you are a CIA/undercover agent. undecided
lol lovely sarcasm! tongue
So why do you think it wrong?

(1) (2) (Reply)

11 Rules To Keep Men Of Nowadays. / Girl Dies A Week After Her Best Friend Married Her Ex-boyfriend (photos) / In The Eve Of Her Traditional Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.