Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi (35735 Views)

Amaju Pinnick Elected As New NFF President / Hatefull & Funny Comments By South-africans After Nigeria's Loss To Congo / Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by mpowa(m): 10:12am On Oct 03, 2014
Goke7:

if mikel is benched, same Nigerians will shout, do you know that Nigerians called for the removal of ideye, keshi listened and when ideye was dropped, same Nigerians crucified keshi saying that was the reason emenike was not scoring. Don't you see how funny we are.

We simply don't know what we want so if mikel is dropped and we don't win matches, don't you think we will all shout for mikel to be reacalled just like we are now calling for the return of coach siasia who has been jobless for years.

Are we not comedians? lol

Nigerians did not call for the removal of Ideye, the issue most people have with Ideye is the final ball, putting the ball in the net, he's not a great finisher, but he's very good supporting striker, so people criticized when Keshi went to the confederation cup and our top striker was Ideye. Agreed Eminike was injured but we have other proven strikers, he ought to swallow his pride and call them - Uche, Martins, Obasi, Osaze etc. but none could be called because of one reason or the other.
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by gebest: 10:16am On Oct 03, 2014
elisinho: he is too pompous and feels like he is perfect he should be sacked jor
he is too pompous! Kai Nigerians, may God help una.
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by sylve11: 10:24am On Oct 03, 2014
Emmysteve: where does this Agbero come from

He is ur dearest chelski fellow. grin cool
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by Goke7: 10:27am On Oct 03, 2014
mpowa:

We have good enough players to prosecute African matches and even win the nations cup again, if Keshi has not been picking issues with all of them, if our best player had been playing, we would have picked at least 4 pts of the last two games, for Africa, our players are not too bad, but the team keep getting more inferior by the day. The next on the line is Eminike, he's already having issues with him too, he's even quarrelling with Enyeama, he's just patching it. we are not playing Brazil nor Germany, we're playing African sides and we're better than most of them especially the group we found ourselves.

You talk about players running to the media, what does Keshi run to when he wants to criticize his players or Nff, how does he announces his resignations?

Some players will definitely give the coach problems, but in the case where you're having issues with most of the players, especially those who'll make your job easier, then it's not the players but yourself, if we're playing with our best legs we won't be discussing qualifying by now.

so how do you handle players who are under-performing and refuse to raise their game, mark my words I mean 'refuse to raise their game, is it by patting them on the back? Emenike has refused to raise his game and you are still blaming the coach, Enyeama despite how good he was cost us two conceded crucial goals at the world cup. No coach will be happy with mistakes by players who in turn affect the whole team and the coach himself, blaming keshi all the time when players are making silly mistakes is not fair.

Can you tell me why Emenike has not become a deadly in free kicks today after the wonderful one he scored against Ivory coast at the last afcon? Our players loosing form and inconsistent and we are still blaming keshi who has paid his dues as an ex-player

1 Like

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by Goke7: 10:38am On Oct 03, 2014
mpowa:

Nigerians did not call for the removal of Ideye, the issue most people have with Ideye is the final ball, putting the ball in the net, he's not a great finisher, but he's very good supporting striker, so people criticized when Keshi went to the confederation cup and our top striker was Ideye. Agreed Eminike was injured but we have other proven strikers, he ought to swallow his pride and call them - Uche, Martins, Obasi, Osaze etc. but none could be called because of one reason or the other.

Let's not be double mouthed, we all said Ideye was not fit for our national team and keshi listened to us, what do you mean that he's a good supporting striker, is it because emenike is no longer scoring goals? obasi is injury prone, no good coach will risk him and for the likes of martins and uche to be in the team, emenike, musa and others may have to be benched or uche and martins may have to sit on the bench for emenike, martins and uche are very senior players for Nigeria, they will never be comfortable sitting on the bench even if they are not scoring goals and you think its easy to handle such players? my brother its not easy coaching Nigeria with the kind of players we have even taiye taiwo who is almost finished said he can't sit on the bench for keshi's boys.

There are lot of intricacies surrounding our national team and even if we sack keshi now, it doesn't solve anything.

2 Likes

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by mpowa(m): 10:48am On Oct 03, 2014
Goke7:

Let's not be double mouthed, we all said Ideye was not fit for our national team and keshi listened to us, what do you mean that he's a good supporting striker, is it because emenike is no longer scoring goals? obasi is injury prone, no good coach will risk him and for the likes of martins and uche to be in the team, emenike, musa and others may have to be benched or uche and martins may have to sit on the bench for emenike, martins and uche are very senior players for Nigeria, they will never be comfortable sitting on the bench even if they are not scoring goals and you think its easy to handle such players? my brother its not easy coaching Nigeria with the kind of players we have even taiye taiwo who is almost finished said he can't sit on the bench for keshi's boys.

There are lot of intricacies surrounding our national team and even if we sack keshi now, it doesn't solve anything.

Ok so he removed Ideye and replaced him with who? there are some players people where actually clamoring to leave the squad, but they hoped they'll be replaced with better players that we obviously have, but alas we get more inferior players.

Talking about managing big players, the Nigerian squad doesn't really have such big players that good coach can't manage, Drogba is no more playing full game for ivory coast and there's no problem, you can't shy away from your best legs because you're afraid of managing them.
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by mpowa(m): 11:00am On Oct 03, 2014
Goke7:

so how do you handle players who are under-performing and refuse to raise their game, mark my words I mean 'refuse to raise their game, is it by patting them on the back? Emenike has refused to raise his game and you are still blaming the coach, Enyeama despite how good he was cost us two conceded crucial goals at the world cup. No coach will be happy with mistakes by players who in turn affect the whole team and the coach himself, blaming keshi all the time when players are making silly mistakes is not fair.

Can you tell me why Emenike has not become a deadly in free kicks today after the wonderful one he scored against Ivory coast at the last afcon? Our players loosing form and inconsistent and we are still blaming keshi who has paid his dues as an ex-player

E,enike refused to raise is game when he doesn't have supplies like before again? throughout the world cup, Emenike played from the wing, and he's supposed to be our top striker. Has and ordinary football fan i noticed this and hoped Keshi would fix it after the world cup, but alas! a coach who gets 5m per month couldn't spot that, he keeps blaming his players.

Enyeama had been saving his as*ses if he make a mistake at anytime, he shouldn't be made to carry the responsibility for the failure of the whole team, when we actually have someone in the middle causing the whole problem for him in the 1st place. if he'll blame Enyeama, he should've blamed the whole squad first before getting to him. When a keeper keeps getting pressurized continuously, he'll definitely make mistakes eventually, but good coaches knows to well to cover there players, if Keshi was Van gaal, i wonder what he'd have said about Rooney's red card.
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by Goke7: 11:27am On Oct 03, 2014
mpowa:

Ok so he removed Ideye and replaced him with who? there are some players people where actually clamoring to leave the squad, but they hoped they'll be replaced with better players that we obviously have, but alas we get more inferior players.

Talking about managing big players, the Nigerian squad doesn't really have such big players that good coach can't manage, Drogba is no more playing full game for ivory coast and there's no problem, you can't shy away from your best legs because you're afraid of managing them.

Am really enjoying your argument, truth is we don't really have depth in the quality of players in this present generation of eagles, that's why keshi keeps sticking with some particular players but we fans did not understand and started complaining, keshi tried to satisfied us by removing ideye, invited osaze and yobo back into the team, this backfired and we started blaming him again for dropping ideye, mba [who lost form after afcon with all his club palaver] we also rain abuses on keshi for inviting yobo despite the all the clamour for yobo's experience.

Now according your own words, we replaced with inferior players [very funny] martins [best leg in quote]had his chance against kenya in a world cup qualifier, we blamed keshi then for inviting a player who did not play afcon to gel with others, now we are clamouring for the return of martins. I don tire o!

Truly we don't have big players like drogba but we have swollen headed players who are too difficult to manage by any coach, have u forgotten that enyeama and osaze had problems with siasia or is siasia that bad too? osaze also had issues with lagerback a foreign coach.

1 Like

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 03, 2014
Keshi's time in super eagle is up. That he won nations cup does not make him a good coach. Chelsea fc won champions league with a coach who has since then disappeared from the radar of the round leather game. I still believe Siasia is a better coach than Keshi, irrespective of the fact that Siasia could not qualify us for nations cup during his spell with the eagles. Keshi is preoccupied with doing business with the players than getting the best legs. How can Keshi say Kelechi is too young to play for super eagles? At what age did Messi start playing for his national team. Keshi took the world best U17 goal keeper, Alampasus to South Africa and never used him. He clung to the goalkeeper that was obviously deficient and caused us a lot of headache in the tournament. What kind of sentimental treatment is that? He should go, please.
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by Goke7: 11:36am On Oct 03, 2014
mpowa:

E,enike refused to raise is game when he doesn't have supplies like before again? throughout the world cup, Emenike played from the wing, and he's supposed to be our top striker. Has and ordinary football fan i noticed this and hoped Keshi would fix it after the world cup, but alas! a coach who gets 5m per month couldn't spot that, he keeps blaming his players.

Enyeama had been saving his as*ses if he make a mistake at anytime, he shouldn't be made to carry the responsibility for the failure of the whole team, when we actually have someone in the middle causing the whole problem for him in the 1st place. if he'll blame Enyeama, he should've blamed the whole squad first before getting to him. When a keeper keeps getting pressurized continuously, he'll definitely make mistakes eventually, but good coaches knows to well to cover there players, if Keshi was Van gaal, i wonder what he'd have said about Rooney's red card.

its so funny how you are defending silly mistakes by players, what do you mean that keshi should blame the whole squad first? will you not criticized him for that too? Look here players should be ready to own up when they make mistakes that cost the whole team. For Emenike to take good set pieces, does it need supplies for that too? common man, so keshi should enter the field to cover up for enyeama and other players I de laugh o. Vangaal was unhappy about rooney's red card and criticised Rooney for it in the media so what are u saying here.

We should start demanding 100% performance from our players and stop bypassing them with their mistakes to blame it on the coach, remember its not only the coach that get paid, the players are also being paid too by tax payers money.

1 Like

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by Goke7: 11:43am On Oct 03, 2014
kaorama: Keshi's time in super eagle is up. That he won nations cup does not make him a good coach. Chelsea fc won champions league with a coach who has since then disappeared from the radar of the round leather game. I still believe Siasia is a better coach than Keshi, irrespective of the fact that Siasia could not qualify us for nations cup during his spell with the eagles. Keshi is preoccupied with doing business with the players than getting the best legs. How can Keshi say Kelechi is too young to play for super eagles? At what age did Messi start playing for his national team. Keshi took the world best U17 goal keeper, Alampasus to South Africa and never used him. He clung to the goalkeeper that was obviously deficient and caused us a lot of headache in the tournament. What kind of sentimental treatment is that? He should go, please.

@the bolded, FIFA can ban us for that statement of yours, doesn't make sense at all. siasia was sacked for keshi so how is siasia better than keshi, I repeat sarcastically we can be banned by FIFA for this. Chelsea has gotten a coach better than Di matteo, the present coach has won two champ league, now if you are sacking keshi, get a coach who has surpassed his achievements, that should be the standard unless we are mediocres

1 Like

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 03, 2014
Goke7:

@the bolded, FIFA can ban us for that statement of yours, doesn't make sense at all. siasia was sacked for keshi so how is siasia better than keshi, I repeat sarcastically we can be banned by FIFA for this. Chelsea has gotten a coach better than Di matteo, the present coach has won two champ league, now if you are sacking keshi, get a coach who has surpassed his achievements, that should be the standard unless we are mediocres

Well, am being careful not to attract the vengeance of FIFA upon Nigeria. Am not saying Siasia must be brought back, but when u check the no of matches eagles played and won under Siasia and compare it with the record Keshi has so far paraded u will know am not far from the truth. Untill the present coach of Chelsea wins a champions league trophy with Chelsea, he is still miles away from the coach that won them the champions league. The credit unit of winning a champion league is like that of wining an epl 10 times or more. Silver and gold are not in the same class
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by Goke7: 12:03pm On Oct 03, 2014
kaorama:

Well, am being careful not to attract the vengeance of FIFA upon Nigeria. Am not saying Siasia must be brought back, but when u check the no of matches eagles played and won under Siasia and compare it with the record Keshi has so far paraded u will know am not far from the truth. Untill the present coach of Chelsea wins a champions league trophy with Chelsea, he is still miles away from the coach that won them the champions league. The credit unit of winning a champion league is like that of wining an epl 10 times or more. Silver and gold are not in the same class

a coach is measured by his results, play all the expansive football in this world without results, all na wash. we are all complaining about keshi today because of his last two results, saying siasia is better is hypocritical cos siasia never gave us the result we wanted then, just like siasia if keshi fails to qualify for afcon he will be sacked. Dimatteo was sacked for poor results by chelsea then even after winning the champ league. mourinho left real madrid when he failed to get desired results but if you go to the same real madrid and say pellegrini is better than mourinho, you will be stoned. Coaches are graded by the results they produce, that's all.

1 Like

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by Kay512: 1:11pm On Oct 03, 2014
elisinho post=/post/26814274:
he is too pompous and feels like he is perfect he should be sacked jor
I reason with you bro. He's just working for his ego not the team.
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by ElFenomeno1: 1:12pm On Oct 03, 2014
Keshi should have been sacked in the summer.

Amaju Pinnick, please do the needful..... Give that arrogant and clueless cow the boot now!
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by dedons: 2:37pm On Oct 03, 2014
Hackin: i'm sorry man, forgive me.
I dedons hereby forgive u hackin from the bottom of my sincere heart...

You'r a great man.

1 Like

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by namdo(m): 3:23pm On Oct 03, 2014
arabbunkum: I totally agree with this man. Keshi is an analogue coach who does not fit into the required level of a modern football coach.

NFF nor fit make Keshi digital coach? grin
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by lastpage: 5:03pm On Oct 03, 2014
mpowa:

This is the problem with Stephen Keshi, nay any black man that makes a "little stride of success"... He now feels he is the next best thing after the invention of Microwave! angry angry angry

My own suggestion is that he (Keshi) needs to calm down and stop acting like without him we cannot win any competition; otherwise let him try his luck elsewhere.

But personally, l will prefer that NFF send him on to a sort of "Apprenticeship" under seasoned coaches like Maurinho, Acellotti, Van Gaal, (I would have mentioned the coach of my darling Arsenal but that "Arze Whinger" would only make him worse! grin grin

Let him spend Two years understudying them on "tactics and man-management" (especially man-management, which 90% what a National Coach does anyway).
During that time, his salary should be paid in full (with a proviso that he cant work for another country/club within 5years of being trained, else he must refund the country a certain amount equivalent to our loss or his gain, in training him)

He is definitely getting very short on ideas and is taking it out on his players.

Lastpage!
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by Chigold101(m): 5:11pm On Oct 03, 2014
who will pay them. the last board sacked those keshi worked in AFCON.
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by ican2020: 5:26pm On Oct 03, 2014
Goke7:

a coach is measured by his results, play all the expansive football in this world without results, all na wash. we are all complaining about keshi today because of his last two results, saying siasia is better is hypocritical cos siasia never gave us the result we wanted then, just like siasia if keshi fails to qualify for afcon he will be sacked. Dimatteo was sacked for poor results by chelsea then even after winning the champ league. mourinho left real madrid when he failed to get desired results but if you go to the same real madrid and say pellegrini is better than mourinho, you will be stoned. Coaches are graded by the results they produce, that's all.

God bless you.

Keshi has result to show for his effort but Siasia is zero

I know the new NFF President will not make the mistake to give the team to Siasia that failed 100% to qualify Nigeria senior team to any major competition

1 Like

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by blackchief(m): 5:39pm On Oct 03, 2014
I stand by Keshi when he applied for the SE JOb and still sand with he till date.
Nigerians,learn to treat your hero right,if not, we will be chasing our tail all the time. Amodu shaibu did a lot for this country and was push out for chains of white coaches which could not win the nations cup or qualify us for World Cup.

We are heading the same road again
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by asidere(m): 5:48pm On Oct 03, 2014
if keshi goes,who is going to take over.a foreign coach or an indigenous coach.i blame keshi for not selecting the right players for the afcon qualifiers
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by Goke7: 6:16pm On Oct 03, 2014
blackchief: I stand by Keshi when he applied for the SE JOb and still sand with he till date.
Nigerians,learn to treat your hero right,if not, we will be chasing our tail all the time. Amodu shaibu did a lot for this country and was push out for chains of white coaches which could not win the nations cup or qualify us for World Cup.

We are heading the same road again
Just hope a lot of guys can learn from your post
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by Goke7: 6:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
lastpage:

This is the problem with Stephen Keshi, nay any black man that makes a "little stride of success"... He now feels he is the next best thing after the invention of Microwave! angry angry angry

My own suggestion is that he (Keshi) needs to calm down and stop acting like without him we cannot win any competition; otherwise let him try his luck elsewhere.

But personally, l will prefer that NFF send him on to a sort of "Apprenticeship" under seasoned coaches like Maurinho, Acellotti, Van Gaal, (I would have mentioned the coach of my darling Arsenal but that "Arze Whinger" would only make him worse! grin grin

Let him spend Two years understudying them on "tactics and man-management" (especially man-management, which 90% what a National Coach does anyway).
During that time, his salary should be paid in full (with a proviso that he cant work for another country/club within 5years of being trained, else he must refund the country a certain amount equivalent to our loss or his gain, in training him)

He is definitely getting very short on ideas and is taking it out on his players.

Lastpage!

all this talk about man management is crap, siasia had problems with same players keshi had problems too, Eguavoen had issues with Yakubu, Amodu and chukwu all had problems controlling some big players in their time even the foreign coaches were not left out lagerback had problems with osaze just like keshi and siasia, westerhof benched and dropped some very good players we had then and so on and so forth.

Are you saying that all the coaches who has coached the eagles all lack man management skills, common man remember the social media is more in use today than before and its so easy for all what goes on in eagles camp to get to the media easily, I think we are just getting too bias as regards to keshi and posterity will judge us all. siasia who failed as eagles coach did not get all this bashing for christ sake, some of us are even clamouring for his return. Nigeria I hail thee

2 Likes

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by joseph1013: 8:21pm On Oct 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Hypociritcal. When Coach Keshi begged for the recall of Sylvanus Okpala a member of his technical staff, you guys said no.

By the way, How are these guys sure Coach Keshi does not have a tactician in his team reading weaknesses of opponents. For instance, Musa utilising the space created by Zabaletta's overlapping to score two goals.

You really do like Keshi. He really does no wrong with you.

Not a good or a bad thing though.

Cheers bro.
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by kechywillz(m): 10:22pm On Oct 03, 2014
I used to like keshi,but since he started refusing to hid to advices from football pundits,he started retrogressing,his sentiments in selection of quality players is another thing that made me question his intergrity as a coach,i dont think we can go beyond this his tactis. Especially,flouting as a boss to all his collegues,not listening to advices. Infact his time is up,let them find someone else who can move our football forward
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by lastpage: 8:23am On Oct 04, 2014
Goke7:

all this talk about man management is crap, siasia had problems with same players keshi had problems too, Eguavoen had issues with Yakubu, Amodu and chukwu all had problems controlling some big players in their time even the foreign coaches were not left out lagerback had problems with osaze just like keshi and siasia, westerhof benched and dropped some very good players we had then and so on and so forth.

Are you saying that all the coaches who has coached the eagles all lack man management skills, common man remember the social media is more in use today than before and its so easy for all what goes on in eagles camp to get to the media easily, I think we are just getting too bias as regards to keshi and posterity will judge us all. siasia who failed as eagles coach did not get all this bashing for christ sake, some of us are even clamouring for his return. Nigeria I hail thee

Your post is full of EMOTIONS but lacks substance!
First, highlight one single line where you saw the name of Siasia, in my post which you quoted! yes, go ahead and do so or STFU!
You come across as one of those people who cant set standards for themselves, talk less of doing so for others, you know the typical Nigerian that rationalise failure by saying because APC is a Thief, therefore it is acceptable that PDP too should loot or because Tinubu is a thief therefore there is nothing wrong if Jonathan loots us dry, afterall, he is not the first person to loot! shocked shocked

That is the kind of mentality that got us where we are today and that my friend, does not cut it with me.
if you take your time to "reason" on my post, you would deduce the following.

1.) keshi has tried and has been successful in the past
2.) Keshi's recent performance, since the completion of the Confederations Cup, has been going downwards.
3.) That second reason shows that he needs a refresher course, just like most big time coaches do refresher course (Jose Maurinho and Arsene Wenger was in one, a few weeks ago. if l can get the link, l will post it here). Keshi does not know it all and so has to keep abreast with current trends in coaching ..... l even suggested it should be done with FULL PAY to him.
4.) Any seasoned coach would tell you that at the level of the National team, you are not teaching players how to trap the ball or how to dribble or make a clean throw-in. They already know all these, that is why they are National team players!

What National Coach does is BLEND AND MANAGE FOOTBALLERS under his watch.
Once you as a coach can manage your players such that they understand themselves, become telepathic during play, understand and follow your tactics, then you are home and dry.

Keshi will benefit himself, if he learns how to manage players. Remember that these footballers are not your usual "well rounded/morally upright teenagers" (except for the likes of Odegbami, Adeolu Adekola, e.t.c who are University graduate Engineers). Most of them are very rude, egoistic and selfish. It is he job of the coach to know hoe to manage them (Man-Management) so that he can get the best put of them ...... Instead of taking to Tweeter to denounce your own player or banning your best "Striker option" because of some squabbles that can be avoided. Players will always be players;
Look at how current Liverpool Coach is trying to "manage" Baloteli (The same Player that was almost punching that Italian, former Man City Coach!) .. and we can see the difference already showing in Balotelli as he now marks and works for the team while maintaining a "level head", even in the face of provocation on the field. THAT IS "MAN-MANAGEMENT!

Tactically, no Coach is perfect but some are better than others. Keshi is still a long way off in terms of reading a Match!
Its not just by shouting at the side-line or chewing Gum endlessly that would give you the tactics of somebody like Sir Alex Ferguson! grin grin
The best way to learn "tactics" is to understudy those that know and practice it.

That is what my post is all about. I dont get involved in all those childish gang-ups against a coach or try to run-down keshi, just to promote Siasia. Both have the strengths and Weaknesses but anyone of them that wants to go far, will embrace Knowledge.

My take.

Lastpage!
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by Goke7: 11:23am On Oct 04, 2014
lastpage:

Your post is full of EMOTIONS but lacks substance!
First, highlight one single line where you saw the name of Siasia, in my post which you quoted! yes, go ahead and do so or STFU!
You come across as one of those people who cant set standards for themselves, talk less of doing so for others, you know the typical Nigerian that rationalise failure by saying because APC is a Thief, therefore it is acceptable that PDP too should loot or because Tinubu is a thief therefore there is nothing wrong if Jonathan loots us dry, afterall, he is not the first person to loot! shocked shocked

That is the kind of mentality that got us where we are today and that my friend, does not cut it with me.
if you take your time to "reason" on my post, you would deduce the following.

1.) keshi has tried and has been successful in the past
2.) Keshi's recent performance, since the completion of the Confederations Cup, has been going downwards.
3.) That second reason shows that he needs a refresher course, just like most big time coaches do refresher course (Jose Maurinho and Arsene Wenger was in one, a few weeks ago. if l can get the link, l will post it here). Keshi does not know it all and so has to keep abreast with current trends in coaching ..... l even suggested it should be done with FULL PAY to him.
4.) Any seasoned coach would tell you that at the level of the National team, you are not teaching players how to trap the ball or how to dribble or make a clean throw-in. They already know all these, that is why they are National team players!

What National Coach does is BLEND AND MANAGE FOOTBALLERS under his watch.
Once you as a coach can manage your players such that they understand themselves, become telepathic during play, understand and follow your tactics, then you are home and dry.

Keshi will benefit himself, if he learns how to manage players. Remember that these footballers are not your usual "well rounded/morally upright teenagers" (except for the likes of Odegbami, Adeolu Adekola, e.t.c who are University graduate Engineers). Most of them are very rude, egoistic and selfish. It is he job of the coach to know hoe to manage them (Man-Management) so that he can get the best put of them ...... Instead of taking to Tweeter to denounce your own player or banning your best "Striker option" because of some squabbles that can be avoided. Players will always be players;
Look at how current Liverpool Coach is trying to "manage" Baloteli (The same Player that was almost punching that Italian, former Man City Coach!) .. and we can see the difference already showing in Balotelli as he now marks and works for the team while maintaining a "level head", even in the face of provocation on the field. THAT IS "MAN-MANAGEMENT!

Tactically, no Coach is perfect but some are better than others. Keshi is still a long way off in terms of reading a Match!
Its not just by shouting at the side-line or chewing Gum endlessly that would give you the tactics of somebody like Sir Alex Ferguson! grin grin
The best way to learn "tactics" is to understudy those that know and practice it.

That is what my post is all about. I dont get involved in all those childish gang-ups against a coach or try to run-down keshi, just to promote Siasia. Both have the strengths and Weaknesses but anyone of them that wants to go far, will embrace Knowledge.

My take.

Lastpage!

It is your post that is full of emotions and lacking substance, it also shows how bad you felt with some truth I revealed, you thought I will clap for your post like most people do here on this forum and did I also mention APC in my post that you quoted? and as for your man management course it is your nff that needs it badly so they know how to deal professionaly with national team coaches and pay them their salary when due and why are u trying so hard to defend yourself that you are not running down kesh,i I have seen your various posts on this forum running down keshi. How good are our players in the first place? do we have any player that scores more than 20goals per season? They play crap for us and if the coach complains, we say he lacks man management and how many goals have your balotelli score for liverpool this season? you are not making sense at all man and if you feel you can read a match better than keshi, why don't you apply for the job and let's see what you've got.

2 Likes

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 04, 2014
He is a connie but far better than the men in your tribe who are only after vag!nas...

dedons:
Keshi should start considering coaching that sickness striken liberia...

He's only after our money...

Wait o...

What tribe is he again?

Hope he's not a flatie?
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by dedons: 3:34pm On Oct 04, 2014
peppyluv02:
He is a connie but far better than the men in your tribe who are only after vag!nas...

i don't understand ur point.
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by JoshuaKay(m): 9:41pm On Oct 04, 2014
austinbrown:
Not my business pls
Why did u bother urself to comment at all...
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by austinbrown: 7:34am On Oct 05, 2014
JoshuaKay:

Why did u bother urself to comment at all...
. Not ur business

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jadon Sancho Completes £73m Switch To Manchester United From Borussia Dortmund / "I Would Have Committed Suicide" - Arsene Wenger / Asisat Oshoala Joins FC Barcelona

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.