Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi (35736 Views)

Amaju Pinnick Elected As New NFF President / Hatefull & Funny Comments By South-africans After Nigeria's Loss To Congo / Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by mrvictor: 9:39pm On Oct 02, 2014
I see SiaSia coming back to the senior national team. It's all a matter of a few months
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by Fayrouzz(m): 9:41pm On Oct 02, 2014
Ipledge: the only thing that pained me in that world cup is maturdi going unpurnished,i use to like him before but i hate him now for the intentional foul against onazi
That wasn't intentional bro..
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by MORNDEW(m): 9:46pm On Oct 02, 2014
A man who has not assumed office has already started discussing foreign coach. Berti what? The slowpoke who gave us d highest disgrace in our world cup history. Seems dis man does not know coaching is different from being Nff Chairman. Infact sack keshi nd let the useless drama stop. Hw many of those his foreign sportmen he calls coach will coach a team on an empty stomach. Nigerians are ingrates.
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by Bigsteveg(m): 9:46pm On Oct 02, 2014
Heyliesha: He shud sack him on tym
grin grin u wicked o

But truly, d guy don exhaust im luck

1 Like

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by MORNDEW(m): 9:58pm On Oct 02, 2014
I want to ask pinnick, did Italy, brazil, spain, England, and Even Ivory coast with their foreign coach use scientific football if dey did hw come dey all fell like park of cards. Him never start with saying anything to appear knowledgeable to Nigerians. I must remind him that the outgoing NFF is one of the most achieved in our football history nd dey did not do that by talking on tv.
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by Afrok(m): 10:07pm On Oct 02, 2014
I don't like long talks, after all the long stories if U don't act by either sacking him or giving him another contract, then ur long talks na "bobo juice" waste. undecided
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by Worksunlimited: 10:09pm On Oct 02, 2014
I feel taking out keshi, would make no difference if we still gonna use those players of ours.. The whole team needs to be changed with the exception of few (and i mean very few).. Bak in the day, there used to be national team scouts who go round the states of the country looking for players to fit roles.. Buh this days, doubt if they still do that.. There are bundles of Talents wasting away on the streets and fields of Nigeria..

Una remember zambia that won CAF a year or so ago, most if not all were homegrown players, yet the underdogs proved their pundits wrong.

NFA should stop talking and do the needful mbok!..

2 Likes

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by maestroferddi: 10:10pm On Oct 02, 2014
Keshi got himself into this mess. That is what you get by taking Nigerians for a ride.

When Nigerians were smarting from a technically shambolic match against France at the WC, you were surreptitiously negotiating to take over as the coach of South Africa.

Go back and blame those who told you had become the likes Pep Guardiola, Jose Mourinho, Joachim Lowe and Arsene Wenger.

Now your descent to obscurity is about beginning. One of the hardest things to manage is success...
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by aspirebig: 10:25pm On Oct 02, 2014
Stephen Okechukwu keshi, (SOK) Favourite Delta state son, I know. The only person in the world alive to have won Afcon as a player and coach.

Amaju Picnnick, who art thou? I have never heard of him b4 anyway. Lets see how it goes.

Frankly speaking, Keshi has really paid his dues in Nigeria football, retain him or not, he is a star and remains Nigeria's no 1 coach .

What is the big deal, you sack Sia1, employ SOK, sack SOK, employ Sia1.Then sack Sia1 again , employ Chukwu or Eguaveon or Oliseh.

Nigeria football rotating coaches since atlanta Olympics games 1996.#dreamteamsoccergoldmedallists. First in Africa.

Wait, I just saw this Amaju now.

No b this man wey go use banger blow off him face sometimes ago?

They have rush him abroad for plastic surgery?
Maybe no him ooo.lol

1 Like

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by oliy24(m): 10:29pm On Oct 02, 2014
well spoken. you make my day with this post. I swear I come dey like this new NFF president o. see as person analyse match. you should be coach not the president. get ride of keshi football is now more than sitting on bench and waiting for miracle.
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by muchyblink(m): 10:48pm On Oct 02, 2014
xtervaganza: I don't really like Keshi as a coach but why do u guys want him fired?
Simple! Just cos u dnt like him as a coach
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by MEILYN(m): 10:51pm On Oct 02, 2014
Ikesquare: Pinnick or watever his name is has just disappointed me wit his comments on Keshi. Hehas clearly shown dat he has personal beef for Keshi.

♓☺w can he blame our failure on Keshi's inability to jug wit d boys b4 kick off? Dat doesn't make any sense at all..

If d so called scientific football is anything to go by, wat then happened to the likes of Spain, Italy, almighty Brazil and other big teams dat messed up in Brazil?

We have suddenly forgoten Keshi's achievement in d Nation's cup. Suddenly, he is now a bad coach. Wat a shame!!

Pinnick pls try and me more reasonable..
Cummon shut up... Do you think this is politics? What did the man say that is a lie? Mind you, some of those comments were made before he was appointed the NNF Chairman.

1 Like

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by Doctorbrains01(m): 10:54pm On Oct 02, 2014
Sack him when you've got a better coach
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by MEILYN(m): 10:55pm On Oct 02, 2014
Larow: Back room technical staff koor! This people sha. NFF president, where were the Team USA backroom Technical staff when they were sent out by Belgium? Understand the simple fact that when a team is better, they are simply better. A combination of Mourinho, Ferguson, Wenger etc wouldn't have taken Nigeria farther than the second round in that world cup tornament so look for another excuse.
Rubbish yarn. Did USA have better players than Nigeria at the world cup? It took a very good technical crew to take them that far. Did you watch the match at all? USA would have won if not for the last chance they missed.

If not for Van Gaal, do you think Holland would have gone that far? It is all about technicality. Your Nigeria that couldn't play corner kicks or score from set pieces?

2 Likes

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by kenoxx(m): 11:01pm On Oct 02, 2014
For the first time since about 2years wey I join Nairaland, my topic made d FP!!

Thanks to all those that made this happen!
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by donbenie(m): 11:08pm On Oct 02, 2014
Story,Berti Vogts,the same d!ckhead who couldn't get the Eagles past the quarterfinals at Ghana 2008,the worst Nations Cup squad in living memory,expert?i hear you..the problem with us is that we don't appreciate our own,pull him down syndrome,every arm chair critic that got something to say,suddenly thinks he's an expert,if you feel Keshi needs improvement why not send him on a refresher course with all the necessary help to improve,instead of giving a dog a bad name in order to hang him,like it or not,like him or not history will judge Keshi's tenure as a bright speck in our national team life..having been a super Eagles fan for almost 30 year,I have witnessed the highs and lows of our national team,enough to believe that Keshi has something to offer if given the best support to excel..

1 Like

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:11pm On Oct 02, 2014
MEILYN: Rubbish yarn. Did USA have better players than Nigeria at the world cup? It took a very good technical crew to take them that far. Did you watch the match at all? USA would have won if not for the last chance they missed.

If not for Van Gaal, do you think Holland would have gone that far? It is all about technicality. Your Nigeria that couldn't play corner kicks or score from set pieces?
The great French team with loads of stars resulted to injuring Onazi to defeat the Super Eagles. If coach Keshi was so poor, do you think they would have to injure to win?
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:12pm On Oct 02, 2014
Ikesquare: Pinnick or watever his name is has just disappointed me wit his comments on Keshi. Hehas clearly shown dat he has personal beef for Keshi.

♓☺w can he blame our failure on Keshi's inability to jug wit d boys b4 kick off? Dat doesn't make any sense at all..

If d so called scientific football is anything to go by, wat then happened to the likes of Spain, Italy, almighty Brazil and other big teams dat messed up in Brazil?

We have suddenly forgoten Keshi's achievement in d Nation's cup. Suddenly, he is now a bad coach. Wat a shame!!

Forget what you are saying.
Even me with my knowledge of football technicality can help Nigeria reach AFCON finals every 6 years or less.
Our boys really need to be technically sound.

Its more than just randomly selecting boys from everywhere.
Its about building them.
Look at the success of Spain at the 2010, you will notice that majority are from the famous La Masia.
Look at Germany's World cup success,you will notice they have been planning to win that tournament for 8 years.
These teams all have a philiosophy.
Either Tiki Taka or German Machinery.
Isnt that scientific enough?
I can tell you that i rewatched the 2013 Confed Cup between Nigeria and Uruguay, do you know the amount of technicality we put in that match?.
We dominated possession,shots on target and so on.
We lost against a star studded team 2-1 only because we didnt have a clinical striker that we didnt even groom.
If that amount of technicality is put into all our matches from scratch and we keep developing it do you have any idea of where we will be today?.
We would be world beaters.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:19pm On Oct 02, 2014
What Coach Keshi did at the World Cup was impressive even though many criticised him.

Oshaniwa and Babatunde surprised us with nice performances at the World Cup.

The French had to injure our player (Onazi) to win us. Compare the stars of the French team to the Super Eagles.

If not Enyeama making a mistake in positioning himself in the Messi free kick, we would have held the Argentines (World Cup finalist).
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:22pm On Oct 02, 2014
ClintonNzedimma: I can tell you that i rewatched the 2013 Confed Cup between Nigeria and Uruguay, do you know the amount of technicality we put in that match?.
We dominated possession,shots on target and so on.
We lost against a star studded team 2-1 only because we didnt have a clinical striker that we didnt even groom.
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by Nobody: 11:41pm On Oct 02, 2014
let's see d impact he will make in nff first. Talking like he knows anything. Bloody politician
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by Theultimate(m): 12:06am On Oct 03, 2014
So, Nairalanders has backed away from Keshi? how things are easily changed like this. I'm so surprise with the comments read. Chaii......
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by HONNESSTY(m): 12:11am On Oct 03, 2014
ITbomb: Nice analysis, now tell me what he said about Siasia
Is he coming back?
my brother sorry to say this, did siasia paid you guys to campaign for him so that he can return as super eagles coach? Look we have had the taste of what siasia can do, what has he(siasia) done for super eagles when he was the coach? He brought nothing rather than sentiment to the team. It will be a backwardness and foolishness to bring the person we already know is poor abilities to handle our team. There is no second chance

1 Like

Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by Nobody: 12:48am On Oct 03, 2014
Adewunmi84: fowl ko,bowl ni!ogbeni NA foul Jor.olodo somebody
mr lecturer na u sabi english pass, nairaland dictionary, u no go shut up pass ..internet spellcheck.. since u don get d drift..na wetin u cum correct 4 forum na fowl..b.k.a.. foul.. na ur contribution be dat... tozo small pickin...d post no be my own oo but na pple lyk u dey make me wonder if sm no go need check up?
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by mpowa(m): 12:52am On Oct 03, 2014

So because keshi won nation cup, we should sink and swim with him she! The team had only won one game in the last eleven games, even contoversially but nobody should raise any eyebrow because he won nations cup, SHM!
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by Kog45(m): 12:53am On Oct 03, 2014
Honestly i'm highly disappointed with the way we football followers analyse issues related to super eagle,especially Keshi's issue.D comments credited to pinnick was made as a pundits on TV show not as Nff president.If pinnick knew he w be nff president,such comments w never come out of his mouth.Bcs with this comments,he cannot sack Keshi for now,even if he has d intention of sacking keshi.D issue of sacking keshi or not has been d major issue on every of ardent super eagles fans,press,football administrator and even ex internationals.Whether we like it or not Keshi remain a true football legend that ever comes out of Nigeria and we must accord him that respect.Keshi was a successful footballer that had a successful career with eagle btw 1981 to 1995 and highly successful European career bcs he is the first nigerian to play in any major european cup final Anderlecht vs sampdoria 1991 winners cup.The only Nigerian to have coach 3 different national teams and won Afcon,qualify two of the team to World Cup and reached the last 16.Keshi has paid his due as a player and as a coach.Did u people realised that keshi contract end after world cup but not renewed due to political tussle in nff.But being a patriotism NigerIa,Keshi was begged by honourable sport minister to be incharge of SE temporary until a new coach his appointed.My candid advice to pinnick is simple,give us a coach that will move nigeria football forward not 419 oyibos like bonfere,librecht,troussier,voght and Laberjack.
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by mpowa(m): 12:59am On Oct 03, 2014
Emmysteve: I bet the same people calling for his sack will still be the people to cast the next coach when things go wrong. Confused Nigerians since 1960

coaches are hired and sacked, no coach remain on seat forever, it's not a chieftancy title, if he's done his bit and seems to go out of steam, the best is to leave for another while he go refresh himself for another job.
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by ola20ng(m): 1:05am On Oct 03, 2014
Now,any coach is welcome,except for Amodu oo. we need a fresh brain.
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by mpowa(m): 1:09am On Oct 03, 2014
MORNDEW: A man who has not assumed office has already started discussing foreign coach. Berti what? The slowpoke who gave us d highest disgrace in our world cup history. Seems dis man does not know coaching is different from being Nff Chairman. Infact sack keshi nd let the useless drama stop. Hw many of those his foreign sportmen he calls coach will coach a team on an empty stomach. Nigerians are ingrates.
Are you sure you can read? where did he say he want to employ Berti volt? He said all these during the world cup, and the Op is just making us understand what he probably think about keshi, no decision is made yet and keshi might still retain his job.
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by oliy24(m): 1:31am On Oct 03, 2014
nawa for this people seff wetin keshi don achieve, nations cup way be say him just dey look. na Sunday mba single handedly won the cup for naija.
Roberto diMatio won champions league, Chelsea sack am. keshi won nations cup make he coach naija for life. one thing way dey pain me pass be say naija people too dey compare themselves with failure. and ready to settle for the less. I bet go find out all those in support of keshi. dey be arsenal fan. me be Chelsea fan, and we don't give chance for failure no matter how small. mtcheeeeeeew.
Re: Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi by chidexxy007(m): 1:39am On Oct 03, 2014
abeg person here say keshi don pay im due both as a player and coach, my question z,
1) hw many league(s) title does he av
2) have he won d world cup?
3)have he won UCL OR ACL?
Wat do u mean by payin his dues cos i dnt c winnin afcon or qualifyin 4 d world cup as "pay of dues" after al Amodu don do am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"I Would Have Committed Suicide" - Arsene Wenger / Asisat Oshoala Joins FC Barcelona / An Open Letter To Mikel Obi

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.