Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola - Health (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola (50406 Views)

US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola / US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola / Medical Experts And Volunteers Against Ebola. Let's Meet Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 03, 2014
Lastpage, I very much appreciate your detailed effort in making sure I understand your points very well. I want to assure you those efforts were not in vain. I have done the research and come to understand your points were in line with the results my research produced.
Now, if I may ask, how do we protect ourself from the plans of those who want no African superpower?
How do we ensure their plan for Nigeria never materializes. It appears as though they intend making Nigeria a failed state, look they even stopped importing oil from Nigeria-a country solely dependent on oil revenue to run government projects and pay civil servants/government workers, they have allegedly blocked the purchase of arms by the Nigerian government, they refused to offer Nigeria the zmapp so the epidemic will ravage our country, their intelligence agents have not co-operated with our armed forces to eradicate boko haram, they want to know how we curbed the virus in order to introduce an epidemic we'll be unable to curb, the boko haram insurgency and many more yet to unfold.
Do we now embrace the Chinese? Russians? Even as they act less concerned on this whole insurgency saga raging Nigeria?
I still wonder why the Nigerian government is yet to take this investigations about US plans for Nigeria seriously? Perhaps it is because it holds no water.
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 10:14pm On Oct 03, 2014
The best way to defeat your enemy is to learn his defense .....I'm sure out of pride the FG will let them in and expose us again....the same way some africans did in the colonial times ..showing secrets rites etc to the imperialists ..beware African people, the west doesn't like to hear about your success ..our success ,our liberation threatens their hegemony and way of life ..their so called wealth and developed world..imagine Nigeria fixing the prices of oil or us not having to buy any drug from them .

1 Like

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Nobody: 12:35am On Oct 04, 2014
godofwar666: I knw in my heart that NIGERIA will Rule the World soon

shocked
Eeeerrrmmm, there is patriotism and then there is sheer false bravado and delusion
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by ttmacoy: 4:36am On Oct 04, 2014
milychocs:

shocked
Eeeerrrmmm, there is patriotism and then there is sheer false bravado and delusion
lipsrsealed

That got me laughing so hard.

1 Like

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by chijokz(m): 6:04am On Oct 04, 2014
Vessi: Something is fishy, they would not give us their self-acclaimed Ebola cure Zmapp even when we BEGGED for it. And now they are sending medical personnel to learn how we curbed the virus in a nation of over 170Million people?
Foooolish people, what goes around comes around.

America and double standards in all their dealings.
You wanted the virus to ravage Nigeria so Goodluck would seem incapable and clueless before the whole world, now afterall you are coming to learn how the virus was curbed.

What have your intelligence agents offered to our military in their bid to find the chibok girls? I wonder what they are still doing here since they don't co-operate.
We can see who is clueless right now.

Exactly my point..
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by chijokz(m): 6:06am On Oct 04, 2014
milychocs:

shocked
lipsrsealed

Let's just call it cynical delusional syndrome (CDS)

2 Likes

Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by ttmacoy: 6:25am On Oct 04, 2014
Instead of spreading the disease to Nigeria and America. Wouldn't it be great if some of the infected Liberians infiltrate IS in Iraq and Syria and infect them?

Maybe infiltrate boko haram whilst at it. Would sure do the world some good.
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Hero10001: 8:23am On Oct 04, 2014
godofwar666: I knw in my heart that NIGERIA will Rule the World soon
I have a dream..
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by AkoEja: 1:14pm On Oct 04, 2014
ZMAPP Is not widely available. The United States of America did not have enough doses to be able to give Nigeria, this is why they could not help Nigeria when we asked for the the drug. It is an experimental drug , and the process of manufacturing is not yet robust to produce it in large quantities.

It is estimated that by the end of this year, only 80 doses of the drug will be available possibly.

It is not because America hated Nigeria, they simply did not have the drug to give out.
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by Callimo(m): 1:40pm On Oct 04, 2014
sexzskil:
THE BLACKMAN IS INDEED A PLAGUE TO HIMSELF. DOES THE WRITE-UP ABOVE STATE THAT THE ALMIGHTY USA WANT TO COME AND ASK NIGERIANS HOW TO TREAT THE EBOLA PATIENT? READING COMPREHENSION INFERIOR BLACK MEN GOT SINCE TIME IMMEMORIAL. THE RULERS OF THE UNIVERSE ARE ON THEIR OWN WILLY SCHEME! I LOVE THEM, THE GREATEST WORLD EMPIRE IN MANKIND HISTORY!! USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Anumanu like u. Stupid racist. Ppl like u shld be delivered to the Boko boys for beheading.
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by lastpage: 5:09pm On Oct 05, 2014
Vessi:
Lastpage, I very much appreciate your detailed effort in making sure I understand your points very well. I want to assure you those efforts were not in vain. I have done the research and come to understand your points were in line with the results my research produced.
Now, if I may ask, how do we protect ourself from the plans of those who want no African superpower?
How do we ensure their plan for Nigeria never materializes.
It appears as though they intend making Nigeria a failed state, look they even stopped importing oil from Nigeria-a country solely dependent on oil revenue to run government projects and pay civil servants/government workers, they have allegedly blocked the purchase of arms by the Nigerian government, they refused to offer Nigeria the zmapp so the epidemic will ravage our country, their intelligence agents have not co-operated with our armed forces to eradicate boko haram, they want to know how we curbed the virus in order to introduce an epidemic we'll be unable to curb, the boko haram insurgency and many more yet to unfold.
Do we now embrace the Chinese? Russians? Even as they act less concerned on this whole insurgency saga raging Nigeria?
I still wonder why the Nigerian government is yet to take this investigations about US plans for Nigeria seriously? Perhaps it is because it holds no water.

Its simple my brother.
Charity they say "Begins a Home"!.

Its a long story but l will just summarize sharp-sharp:
1.) Committed Leadership that works in the interest of our country. When leadership is good, the followership will tow the line. Experience has shown this in other countries like China, Cuba, e.t.c
The major challenge here is having a leader that has ZERO TOLERANCE FOR CORRUPTION!
A Civilian Govt in Nigeria, cant do this, they are just too spineless and corrupt..
Even in Ghana, it took J. J Rawlings, a military man, but a "committed military man", ......not like our own types of silly, thieving Military top brass who even steal from their own troops, in war situation, to do it for Ghana

2.) Sound Education: Not just churning out half baked Graduates who cannot fit into the labor market because they were not taught the right knowledge

3.) Uninterrupted Power: No nation has ever developed without this. This is the advantage South Africa has over Nigeria, right now. During the days of the Industrial revolution in America/ Europe, Stable Power was the key factor, some then dabbled into Nuclear Power to ensure they have stability. Its not rocket science, in this age, nothing is new anymore. if you cant do it for lack of knowledge, BUY IT,... if you dont have the money, Steal or Copy it illegally (ask the Chinese about this)

4.) Export only finished product, not raw material: African countries, as blessed as they are in natural resources (Cocoa, Coffee, Oil, Rubber latex, Sugar cane, e.t.c) have restricted themselves to exporting only their natural resources.... which will eventually run out, .. at low margins while they end up import the finished product at ten times the value of what they exported.
They could simply have bought the machine and know-how, refined the goods and export the finished product.
I understand the role played by "super powers" in perpetuating this kind of dependency. (WTO, Embargoes, e.t.c)
Such exports will also create jobs and accelerate industrialization.

5.) Change to mechanized farming: Yes, invest in Machinery, set-up Farm settlements with all the modern amenities of life on the farms (Good roads, water, internet and telephony, Housing Units, good Shops/malls within reaching distance, everything you need in the city should be available in such "Farm Industrial Estates".
A nation that wants to be independent must be able to feed itself to the tune of at least 80% -90%. otherwise, enemies will use food to blackmail or strangulate you. Look at what E.U did to Russia recently and how Russia responded back with its own 'baby- sanctions'.

6.) Play International Politics: if you notice, countries like Sweden/Switzerland/ Belgium,.. dont particularly have a strong military but their words still carry weight in the international arena while they dont get attacked by other nations! Our country must play international politics of non-aligned while trying as mcuh as possible, to avoid getting entangled in matters that dont concern us. Just play dumb as if you did not see or hear anything. let others settle their own business. Unliek following the instructions of Britain or America or NATO to always get involved in any dispute in foreign nations. wink wink Teh Chinese are the smartest when it comes to this... and they have used the time and resources to build their own economy while America, despiet its riches and dominace of using that paper-dollar, is in huge debt, crumbling and ailing! The last thing they have is the usage of Dollars (They just "print morepaper" to buy more "real goods" from others! grin ), hence they would fight tooth and nail to destroy any nation (Russia, Iran, Libya, China, Venezuela, e.t.c) or individual (Ghadafi, Saddam Hussein, Muritala Mohammed, Allende of Chile, Putin, e.t.c) who dares suggest that the Dollar should be jettisoned as an international currency! wink
We just need to see where we fit in and play our game properly

7.) Finally, develop a strong "moral code" for our nation, especially our youths. They are the future and we must imbibe it in them that Country comes first, even before money. That will ensure that everyone of us protects our hard won freedom from attacks coming from the outside.
Hardly would you see for example, a Chinese working against his country (Some who ran to America still try to do, under "influence" but when caught, it is death by hanging surely, no stories)

There are many more things to consider but these are just the basic blue-prints. Issues like a good health System, Welfare system for the less privileged and aged, quality and free education for children, enhanced transport system, e.t.c

Cheers mate.

Lastpage!

BTW: .. and please dont indulge in this game of injecting "Politics' into serious discuss. it has the ability to "cloud reasoning". Same with Ethnicity or Tribe.
Trust me, whether its Goodluck or Buhari or Tinubu or whatever Poli-Thief-cian", they are all the same, just in different parties.
Its like the TWO SIDES OF A COIN, whichever way it lands when you flip it, the VALUE of the Coin does not change! Bunch of selfish traitors!
Think about this for a minute please.
Re: US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola by ademi87(m): 8:37pm On Oct 06, 2014
Oluwa modupe lowo re ooooo....seriously? US? Well na small tin shay but dat can only be possible if aℓℓ of dem can av a minute silent respect for our intellect and say "Naija na baba iya anybody" angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Couple Abandon Their Mentally Challenged Child In Hospital And Ran Away - Photo / Different Types Of People When They Fall Sick (images) / Ugochukwu Okpani Allegedly Committed Suicide By Ijeoma Chinonyerem (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.