Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,770 members, 7,813,554 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. (41915 Views)

Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) / 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication / Medication For Vaginal Itching? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by HappyElla(f): 12:26pm On Jan 03, 2019
[color=#000099][/color]
ababanwoke:
Stay away from an environment that is contaminated with snipper spray those damage ur respiratory tract and also damped room with mucor as a result of Poor ventilation,reduce the dependence on steriods pls use ventolin. I am a victim

On point! This is exactly what triggers my attacks. I'm 22 years this year but I've been having those symptoms for as long as I can remember but neglected them until I had d first major attack 4 years ago. Apart from the injections and drugs I took when I was first diagnosed 4 years ago, I haven't taken any other medications bcoz I already know what triggers difficulty in breathing in my case and stay away from them. So, I stay away from any chemical at all, insecticide, overcrowded or poor ventilated place as well as dust. I believe ur main concern should not be on what medication to take, but what triggers d attack. Please know that something as little as stress, anger and even food can cause an asthmatic attack.
My routine so far:
1. Don't directly or indirectly inhale chemical of any kind, be it perfume, insecticide, etc #MY GOLDEN RULE
2. Do at least 15 minutes cardio 3 days a week. Do stretch, skipping, jogging etc I don't exactly know what this does for me but I noticed that anytime I didn't excerise for more than a week, I feel heavy (I'm genetically slim) and hyperventilate easily.
3. Drink lots of water. I just like drinking water, which is healthy as well.
4. Eats fruits (I love fruits) daily. Make it a habit. It helps in detoxifying.
5. Sleep sleep sleep. Even when ur schedule is so tight, don't miss a full night sleep. I can sleep anytime of d day and still sleep well at night. When you had a busy day sleep it off when you get home.
6. I've noticed I tend to run out of breathe when I'm stressed. So, I monitor my stress level through out d day and make sure I rest at any slightest chance.
7. Be health conscious. I'm always cautious of my health particularly when ever I have cough, catarrh, chest pain, heartburn or anything that concerns breathing. I also monitor my blood pressure as it can also trigger asthma attack.
8. VITAMIN C. I don't know if this have anything to do with it, but I'm addicted to vitamin c. I normally finish #50 worth of vitamin c daily. Like I say, I don't know if it have any effect on asthma but I take it daily ���
9. I've Ventolin inhaler standby, but as I said I haven't used it for 4 years but I'm always with it everywhere I go for safety purpose.
So, these are basically what I do daily. It's mostly trial and error. I still feel d symptoms sometimes but I haven't had any attack which means I'm doing something right but I don't know what it is exactly. So you can change some things in my own routine to get what works for you. While you take ur medications (for those with severe cases), try to incorporate these into ur daily routine and I believe you will notice some difference within a short period of time. We remain conquerors and not victims ��
Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by Airhix(m): 7:41am On Jan 05, 2019
Get free from all breathing difficulties, allergies, asthmatic attacks , seasonal or when under exposure. Its completely herbal, (from plants and animal extracts) with a zero toxicity level, and can also be taken as a cleanser ,to activate the clearing of the nasal pathways to the lungs. If u are always suffering from severe catarrh, too, start the treatment very early. For more enquiries, call me on +2347067417516
Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by steroid: 9:32pm On Jan 09, 2019
I use inhaler(Seretide) daily, usually at night. I am tired of this. Is there a permanent cure.
Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by marywilly1: 9:56am On Jan 12, 2019
This fish oil formulation also contains the missing omega-DPA that's reportedly quite perfect for procuring holistic health besides shielding you from the uneventful heart attacks. This oral formulation is completely natural and is not likely to react adversely on the consumer's body. People who have been after this supplement now feel fuller and more lively. The goodness of fish oil and omega-3 fatty acids also have helped them achieve good heart health with the increase in their energy. For more info visit: https://advancedcardiorx.org
Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 17, 2019
drered:
Brand names of LABA+steroid combination are symbicort and advair.. It is a controller therapy that you inhale once a day everyday to prevent attacks.. Its advantage is it is more effective than increasing the dose of either a steroid or b2 agonist( salbutamol, terbutaline) when you have frequent exacerbations of asthma.. It prevents attacks and also help manage some complications of asthma.. It is a combination of a low-medium dose steroid and its local action in the lungs via inhalation results in a lower incidence of side effect when compared to oral therapy.. A common side effect of taking this though is oral thrush/candidiasis which can easily be prevented by gargling warm water after each dose.. You should check with a GOOD doctor before starting therapy though..
Hello bro.
Please how much is this inhaler and how can i get it.
I'm starting to feel the symptoms like difficulty in breathing, chest tightness. I haven't been to the hospital though.
I'm taking Ventolin though.
Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by drered(m): 5:40am On Apr 18, 2019
IamZod:

Hello bro.
Please how much is this inhaler and how can i get it.
I'm starting to feel the symptoms like difficulty in breathing, chest tightness. I haven't been to the hospital though.
I'm taking Ventolin though.

Hi. Please go to the hospital first.
Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by Nobody: 7:02am On Apr 18, 2019
drered:

Hi. Please go to the hospital first.
I'm going there today.
Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by Julidab: 1:20pm On Aug 19, 2019
please know what causes the breathing difficultty and prevent it. God blesa
Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by awesomegenius(m): 8:42am On Nov 14, 2020
Good day everyone, glad I've finally found a thread where I can share my asthma issues and also relate with asthmatics and get help

1 Like

Re: Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. by Kb2gud0077: 3:37pm On Mar 22, 2023
Any latest news on people healing from asthma

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Friends Ear Was Bitten Off This Morning... We Need Help (Graphic Photos) / Yoruba Woman Abandoned For Dead In Enugu (Photo) / 348 New Covid-19 Cases, 90 Discharged And 1 Death On June 3 - (1535 Tested)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.