Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video (22144 Views)

BREAKING! Fulani Herdsmen Declare War On part of nigeria In A Released video / Boko Haram Burned Children Alive In Bornu; Over 100 People Killed / Tinubu Arrives Ooni Coronation In Newly Purchased Police Helicopter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by onlyme12: 11:10am On Oct 02, 2014
KANO, Nigeria, Oct 02, 2014 (AFP) - Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau dismissed Nigerian military claims of his death in a new video obtained by AFP on Thursday and said the militants had implemented strict Islamic law in captured towns.

"Here I am, alive. I will only die the day Allah takes my breath," Shekau said, adding that his group was "running our... Islamic caliphate" and administering strict sharia punishments.

The new 36-minute video showed Shekau, in combat fatigues and black rubber boots, standing on the back of a pick-up truck and firing an anti-aircraft gun into the air.

Standing in front of three camouflaged vans and flanked by four heavily armed, masked fighters, he then speaks for 16 minutes in Arabic and the Hausa language widely spoken in northern Nigeria.

There was no indication of where or when the video was shot.

The heavily bearded Shekau, who appeared to be the same as those in previous clips, said the military's claim that he was dead was propaganda.

"Nothing will kill me until my days are over... I'm still alive. Some people asked you if Shekau has two souls. No, I have one soul, by Allah," he said, apparently reading from a script.

"It is propaganda that is prevalent. I have one soul. I'm an Islamic student.

"I'm the Islamic student whose seminary you burnt... I'm not dead," he added, apparently referring to the destruction of the group's mosque in the Borno state capital, Maiduguri, in 2009.

http://www.afp.com/en/node/2900293

Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by eunisam: 11:12am On Oct 02, 2014
where is the video? This is a photoshop right?

Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 02, 2014
APC at work grin
Enemies of progress

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by OgologoDimkpa: 11:19am On Oct 02, 2014
This OP must be an APshit member.
A confirmed Bokoharam apologist sad

Shame on you.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by ayodeji752: 11:20am On Oct 02, 2014
Lol. He has no APC again and dats why he's now standin infront of SUV for d first time in his video. U will soon die!

30 Likes

Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by larryUG(m): 11:22am On Oct 02, 2014
ayodeji752: Lol. He has no APC again and dats why he's now standin infront of SUV for d first time in his video. U will soon die!
The video might have been shot even before he was killed. just to serve as a decoy

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by 1shortblackboy: 11:23am On Oct 02, 2014
where is the video ! I actually opened d link and went through all the topics and didn't find it. op I hope u know how serious this ur news is. its a matter of national security and u deserve to be arrested if ur news is false

28 Likes

Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by Donkaz(m): 11:25am On Oct 02, 2014
GEJ needs to create stronger lunatic prisons for people like the Op.

21 Likes

Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by Plus10(m): 11:26am On Oct 02, 2014
Haaa...we can no longer fall for these crabs...Nigerians are wise now.Bring in 1 million Shakarou, our gallant Soldiers will still send them back to their 72 Virgins!

48 Likes

Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by PrinceAkbabio(m): 11:26am On Oct 02, 2014
Ds idiot na robot? Anyway bokodays are numbered IJN

Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by tinuolababy(f): 11:27am On Oct 02, 2014
Yeye op. Where is d video
Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 02, 2014
onlyme12: Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau has dismissed Nigerian military claims of his death in a new video obtained by AFP on Thursday.

Nigeria's military said last week that Shekau was dead and that a man who had been posing as the group's leader in the videos had been shot dead after fighting with troops in the far northeast. But in the 36 minute video obtained by AFP, Abubakar says he's very much alive and that the militants has implemented strict Islamic law in captured towns.

“Here I am, alive. I will only die the day Allah takes my breath,” Shekau said, adding that his group was “running our… Islamic caliphate” and administering sharia punishments."

- See more at: http://www.pijango..com
if you are lying then

Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by donphilopus: 11:37am On Oct 02, 2014
OgologoDimkpa: This OP must be an APshit member.
A confirmed Bokoharam apologist sad

Shame on you.

The person who actually posted that is your brother, Gideon Chibike. And you know that hardly would you see your brother who supports APC. They support either PDP or APGA. So, stop spewing trash!

32 Likes

Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by ifaoni(m): 11:44am On Oct 02, 2014
wahala dey o
Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 02, 2014
OgologoDimkpa:
We have some of my people that are 'Efulefu" who are supporting APshit.
At lease we have the likes of Berem on Nairaland so no issue grin
the rate at. which I get mentions in one minute is a thing to be worried about. Are you ok? undecided

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by TechWalker007: 11:47am On Oct 02, 2014
donphilopus:

The person who actually posted that is your brother, Gideon Chibike. And you know that hardly would you see your brother who supports APC. They support either PDP or APGA. So, stop spewing trash!

What tribe is "Chibike"? You may need to tell us the meaning.
I'm aware one of the tricks of Angry People's Confraternity is to use Igbo-like names to create accounts.
That's not to say there aren't some who support Boko Haram for the pay like we see here in nairaland.

Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by OgologoDimkpa: 11:47am On Oct 02, 2014
berem: the rate at. which I get mentions in one minute is a thing to be worried about. Are you ok? undecided
You're very okay my dear just that I want to straighten things
with your APshit member.

Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by zangiff(m): 11:48am On Oct 02, 2014
serious wahala na im be dis
Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 02, 2014
OgologoDimkpa:
You're very okay my dear just that I want to straighten things
with your APshit member.
please and please,stop spamming my mentions if you don't have any reasonable reasons to do so. angry

Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by olapluto(m): 11:54am On Oct 02, 2014
Well, what is certain is that the tank used in previous videos is no longer there. This is also another reason why NA should not jubilate yet.
I watched a video just now where natives of towns in BH control are claiming that youths in those towns are being forced to join BH, given some concortion to drink which makes them high and get given guns.
As much as I am happy we're gaining momentum in this war, I fear that recent successes may just be mostly forced youths who are being killed. I fear that BH still has majority of its commanders intact.

Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by TechWalker007: 11:57am On Oct 02, 2014
olapluto: Well, what is certain is that the tank used in previous videos is no longer there. This is also another reason why NA should not jubilate yet.
I watched a video just now where natives of towns in BH control are claiming that youths in those towns are being forced to join BH, given some concortion to drink which makes them high and get given guns.
As much as I am happy we're gaining momentum in this war, I fear that recent successes may just be mostly forced youths who are being killed. I fear that BH still has majority of its commanders intact.

Their commanders die every time. They have suffered heavy defeats in recent weeks, but they enjoy enough support from some of the local communities out of ideology, fear, money etc.

Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 02, 2014
Individual's within the intelligence circle knew that this sad news is possible
*Their was No DNA confirmation
*No Facial recognition along side other technigues I cant mention on the so called shekau
The NA should carry on with its ops till all those bandits are terminated

Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by Nkemtreasure: 12:00pm On Oct 02, 2014
No video, not even a trusted blogger. Lies lies lies and more lies

Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 02, 2014
eyewitness or i dont believe this
Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by cirmuell(m): 12:05pm On Oct 02, 2014
Screen grab from previous video, Op provide AFP video or forever shut up.

Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by McWhillion(m): 12:06pm On Oct 02, 2014
I just saw the video on TVC, I can't believe it!!!
Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by LagosBoi2(m): 12:06pm On Oct 02, 2014
Please make urna leave my dear sister berem alone jare

Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by GovWahala: 12:07pm On Oct 02, 2014
berem: the rate at. which I get mentions in one minute is a thing to be worried about. Are you ok? undecided
Craphead better be worried.
APShiits ever bringing up lies since formation.
Nigerians we've conquered the Apshiit battle men(boko-are-ram)
Up our gallant Soldiers!
Up GEJ!!
Up Nigeria!!!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by maslong(m): 12:07pm On Oct 02, 2014
cut and join work at play, I have been expecting this since but it took them very long time to come up with this cut and join. either APC like it or not shecow 2 is dead and final, they can appoint shecow 3 our gallant NAF till dey gidigham for them.

Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by thewarrior72: 12:09pm On Oct 02, 2014
Janjaweeeds on the prowl as usual, I will bet my scrotum they are running out of native news of recent hence, the need to create false news cry kiss undecided

Re: Shekau Appears To Be Alive In Newly Released Video by kokosheen(m): 12:09pm On Oct 02, 2014
Just heard it on BBC, would like to see the video though. Hope forensic analysis is done to confirm the date the video was done.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips / Mr. Aye Dee Joins APC, PDP Supporters Cry Foul / Policemen On Godwin Abraham's Convoy Beat Owoidighe Ekpoattai Family Members