Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,650 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Missing Military Jet ‘seen In New Shekau Video’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Missing Military Jet ‘seen In New Shekau Video’ (960 Views)

Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation / My 7 Thoughts On The New Shekau Video. / Boko-Haram Suspect Flown To Abuja Aboard Military Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Missing Military Jet ‘seen In New Shekau Video’ by Gregdcutie(m): 9:30pm On Oct 02, 2014
What appears to be the wreckage of a fighter jet
declared missing by the Nigerian military has been
seen in the new video released by a man claiming to be
Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau.
According to a Reuters report, Boko Haram fighters
were seen picking through the wreckage of an aircraft
they claim to have shot down.
An Alpha Jet (NAF 466) belonging to the Nigerian Air
Force went missing around Adamawa state mid-
September.
Defence headquarters announced then: “The aircraft,
with two pilots onboard, left Yola at about 10:45am on
12 September 2014 on a routine operational mission
and was expected back by 12:00 noon. Since then all
efforts to establish contact with the aircraft have not
yielded any positive result.
Meanwhile, search and rescue effort is ongoing to
establish contact with the crew.”
The new video released to AFP and seen by Reuters
shows Shekau standing on the back of a pick-up truck,
firing an anti-aircraft gun into the air.
The video also shows people being stoned to death
and being given lashes, both traditional Islamic
punishments, AFP said.
Shekau is seen in the video declaring in Hausa: “Here I
am, alive. I will only die the day Allah takes my breath.
Nothing will kill me until my days are over … Some
people asked you if Shekau has two souls. No, I have
one soul, by Allah.”
The military announced last week that it had killed
Bashir Mohammed aka Isa Damasaka aka Abacha
Giedam who used to pose as Shekau in the propaganda
videos.
The authorities are yet to comment on the latest
developments.
Read more at: http://www.thecable.ng/missing-military
-jet-seen-new-shekau-video#share

Re: Missing Military Jet ‘seen In New Shekau Video’ by bigtt76(f): 10:02pm On Oct 02, 2014
This idiot is most probably not inside Nigeria undecided Instead of capturing the terrorists alive they killed him how do they expect to get more information?
Re: Missing Military Jet ‘seen In New Shekau Video’ by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 02, 2014
bigtt76: This idiot is most probably not inside Nigeria undecided Instead of capturing the terrorists alive they killed him how do they expect to get more information?

Truth be told, this would have been the most logical thing to do, to keep these guys incarcerated till all valuable information has been extracted from them.

I am going by the recent video I watched in which the so-called "shekau" was being briefly interrogated before he was killed. If really that was him, I would much rather they kept him alive for a while to uncover boko haram operations and dispel any doubt of his capture.

Obviously in a heated battle all bets are off, but in the video, we see a man clearly disarmed and catatonic.

(1) (Reply)

sorry / E-poll Gudluck Ebele Jonathan Vs General Buhari / #bokoistan: Civilians Must Face Boko Haram, Military Has Failed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.