Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,479 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

2015: I Intend To Offer Myself Again – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: I Intend To Offer Myself Again – Buhari (464 Views)

Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget / Don’t Let Jonathan Deceive You Again – Buhari / I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: I Intend To Offer Myself Again – Buhari by speshsworld(m): 10:40am On Oct 03, 2014

Former head of state Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) yesterday threw his hat into the ring by declaring his interest to join the presidential race.

He asked his supporters to get set for the task ahead, but to be ready to accept the outcome of the presidential primaries.

Buhari, who promised to make a formal declaration very soon, reminded his supporters: “We may be the most underfunded project in the history of this country, but by the grace of God and your support, we are the greatest crowd puller in the nation today.”

He made the declaration in Abuja while addressing volunteers and representatives of Buhari Support Groups who came from every part of the federation.

Said he: “With your support, I intend to offer myself for the position of the president of the republic on the platform of our great party. I intend to make a formal announcement soon, and I hope I can count on your continuing support and sacrifice.

“However, I would like to point out to you that, to be more meaningful, your support must extend beyond my person and always be available to the party and all those the party puts forward; because it is the party that is the platform”.

Although some of his foot soldiers are canvassing for a consensus candidacy for him, but Buhari has reminded the advocates that the presidential primaries would be used to decide the party’s candidate and urged them to support whoever emerges as the presidential candidate of the party.

“It is the primaries that will determine who eventually represents the party in which capacity. If I get the party nomination, I expect you will redouble your effort and commitment until clinch the presidency. But in the event that it happens to be one of the other aspirants who wins, I will expect you as good party men to extend to him your total support. We are a united party, and united we shall remain, because our strength lies in our unity.”

He urged his supporters avoid vulgar abuse, insult, acrimony or being rude to any other aspirant or party leader on his behalf. He argued that those who do so are working for the enemy.

But he charged them “to be vigilant especially just before, during and immediately after elections, whether these are rigged or not, so that sponsored hoodlums are not made to commit illegalities that are in the end blamed on you. Not only must you not take the law into your hands, no matter the level of provocation, you must be able to expose those planning to do so before they act”.

Speaking further, Buhari said, “We are the alternative the nation has been waiting for. We are committed to democracy and entrenching its culture in Nigeria. We are committed to the principles of good governance and making them work in this country. We are committed to public probity and entrenching a culture of accountability in the conduct of government business.”

He spared no word in taking the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP) and its government to the laundry and wondered “is there really a government?”.

Read more http://speshsworld.com/2014/10/2015-intend-offer-buhari/
Re: 2015: I Intend To Offer Myself Again – Buhari by adonbilivit: 10:46am On Oct 03, 2014
we intend to reject you again
Re: 2015: I Intend To Offer Myself Again – Buhari by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 03, 2014
Re: 2015: I Intend To Offer Myself Again – Buhari by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 03, 2014
Sai Buhari grin
Re: 2015: I Intend To Offer Myself Again – Buhari by iamodenigbo1(m): 12:18pm On Oct 03, 2014
u are welcome,but mission IMPOSSIBLE
Re: 2015: I Intend To Offer Myself Again – Buhari by lilprinze: 12:44pm On Oct 03, 2014
Re: 2015: I Intend To Offer Myself Again – Buhari by lilprinze: 12:46pm On Oct 03, 2014
He Intend To Offer himself Again to failure for the forth time.

(1) (Reply)

NDLEA Raises Alarm Over Drug Abuse In Anambra / The Presidency's Response To The Sixth Richest President In Africa Allegation / Malala Yousafzai, Kailash Satyarthi Win Nobel Peace Prize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.