Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,747 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Nigerian Youths Need To Thank Idoma For Allowing D. Mark Run For 5th Term- Gana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Youths Need To Thank Idoma For Allowing D. Mark Run For 5th Term- Gana (781 Views)

Sword Crossing At Captain Gana’s Wedding (photos) / 2015: Nigerian Senators & Reps. Members With 3rd, 4th, 5th Term Tickets / D.Mark Seeks Declaration Of State Of Emergency In Flooded Areas In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Youths Need To Thank Idoma For Allowing D. Mark Run For 5th Term- Gana by BenueBlog(f): 10:44am On Oct 03, 2014
Despite outcries from younger Nigerians that Senate President, David Mark should bow out of the National Assembly after over a decade, former minister of state for education, Professor Jerry Anthony Agada is of the opinion that Nigerians need to thank the Idoma people for giving them a ‘worthy’ son like Mark.

Agada also added that the endorsement of Mark by members of his senatorial district for fifth term was in favour of Nigerians.

Speaking with newsmen in Makurdi, the Benue State capital, the Orokam-born writer, who also doubles as a special assistant to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) National Chairman, Adamu Mu’azu, said ...

http://benue.com.ng/nigerian-youths-need-to-thank-idoma-for-allowing-david-mark-run-for-fifth-term-jerry-agada/
Re: Nigerian Youths Need To Thank Idoma For Allowing D. Mark Run For 5th Term- Gana by stinggy(m): 11:04am On Oct 03, 2014
One word to describe them - Fools!
Re: Nigerian Youths Need To Thank Idoma For Allowing D. Mark Run For 5th Term- Gana by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 03, 2014
these people are really delusional..just sum few days back my frnd was telling me(she is from benue) dat she was about 5 when David mark first contested for senate(BTW she's 19 now) and he just got adopted again..question is if Dese old ppl kip on contesting what is d hope of d younger generation in politics??
Re: Nigerian Youths Need To Thank Idoma For Allowing D. Mark Run For 5th Term- Gana by eruchboy(m): 11:20am On Oct 03, 2014
I don't get what the heck they are saying,they(but not everyone) voted their senator,senators voted their leader.Thank others but don`t mention
Re: Nigerian Youths Need To Thank Idoma For Allowing D. Mark Run For 5th Term- Gana by owolabifunke14(f): 11:23am On Oct 03, 2014
Thank him for occupying the seat for 20years? Well the foolish youths will soon thank him that I'm very sure of. Brainless leaders of tomorrow
Re: Nigerian Youths Need To Thank Idoma For Allowing D. Mark Run For 5th Term- Gana by Nctrice(m): 11:24am On Oct 03, 2014
Mark would still be the senate president come 2015, hence the need for his senatorial district to adopt him for another term! This is just a typical Nigerian self pride syndrome playing out! A typical Benue Youth whom is first a Nigerian, would rather prefer to pride himself that a "Mark" is representing them and be the Senate president, rather than allow a younger fellow represent them and end up being a bench warmer in the Senate!
Re: Nigerian Youths Need To Thank Idoma For Allowing D. Mark Run For 5th Term- Gana by Nctrice(m): 11:32am On Oct 03, 2014
I remember vividly when I was in Calabar, Ndoma Egba was campaigning to return to the senate, and he told his people that if they give him another chance he has a higher chance of being the Senate Leader, and that was his selling point, for that he was given the ticket for the third time! We are Nigerians we know ourselves, we always pride ourselves when we say things like these "The Man in that seat/position is from my Place"
Re: Nigerian Youths Need To Thank Idoma For Allowing D. Mark Run For 5th Term- Gana by eleojo23: 11:42am On Oct 03, 2014
Really?
Re: Nigerian Youths Need To Thank Idoma For Allowing D. Mark Run For 5th Term- Gana by FrankC3: 11:51am On Oct 03, 2014
I really don't understand some Nigerians and how they look at issues like this. What exactly is wrong with retaining a Senator that represents you well enough and has proven to have a strong base by winning elections to the Senate at the elections? Seems most of the people campaigning against Senator Mark are not even from Benue, let alone his Senatorial District and their only problem with him is that he has been there long enough. Is that really reasonable? It also seems that people compare Nigerian government with that of the US when it favours them, if not, they would have known that men like Sen Robert Byrd has been in the US Senate for 51 years while Sen Daniel Inuoye has been there for 49 years and these men have served in the era of many Presidents and has seen the full view of certain policy directions and as such, truly enrich the quality of political and policy debates. Sane societies don't ask them to resign because they have served for too long, rather, their contributions are evaluated against expectations.

For me, Senator Mark is a very sound and mature Senator and has ensured stability in the polity and the upper chamber in this dispensation. To other Nigerians whom Senator Mark do not represent, he has served us all well. He has proven his patriotism with the way he managed the stormy times in our national life from the Yar'Adua power transition to the Labour issues and military issues. If his Senatorial District still want to send him to Senate, then it is good for us all.

I don't pretend that I have no idea why some people do not like him, which may include that he conducts the affairs of the Senate with much respect, maturity and dignity and does not seem to favour Tambuwal kind of confrontational approach to issue resolution and is also a strong stabilizing force in the polity. Those people actually prefer more anarchy in the system because to them, it somehow rubs off on the President who is the main target. These reasons are just selfish to me. We need more experienced lawmakers at upper and lower chambers!!
Re: Nigerian Youths Need To Thank Idoma For Allowing D. Mark Run For 5th Term- Gana by 1stola: 11:54am On Oct 03, 2014
owolabifunke14: Thank him for occupying the seat for 20years? Well the foolish youths will soon thank him that I'm very sure of. Brainless leaders of tomorrow
of course!
Silly clueless leaders of tomorrow.
Mark is a useless old rogue.
Re: Nigerian Youths Need To Thank Idoma For Allowing D. Mark Run For 5th Term- Gana by redsun(m): 11:59am On Oct 03, 2014
I wonder how many bags of rice and salt the heartless thief has given the immortal foools?
Re: Nigerian Youths Need To Thank Idoma For Allowing D. Mark Run For 5th Term- Gana by BenueBlog(f): 1:00pm On Oct 03, 2014
FrankC3 post=/post/26829386:
I really don't understand some Nigerians and how they look at issues like this. What exactly is wrong with retaining a Senator that represents you well enough and has proven to have a strong base by winning elections to the Senate at the elections? Seems most of the people campaigning against Senator Mark are not even from Benue, let alone his Senatorial District and their only problem with him is that he has been there long enough. Is that really reasonable? It also seems that people compare Nigerian government with that of the US when it favours them, if not, they would have known that men like Sen Robert Byrd has been in the US Senate for 51 years while Sen Daniel Inuoye has been there for 49 years and these men have served in the era of many Presidents and has seen the full view of certain policy directions and as such, truly enrich the quality of political and policy debates. Sane societies don't ask them to resign because they have served for too long, rather, their contributions are evaluated against expectations.

For me, Senator Mark is a very sound and mature Senator and has ensured stability in the polity and the upper chamber in this dispensation. To other Nigerians whom Senator Mark do not represent, he has served us all well. He has proven his patriotism with the way he managed the stormy times in our national life from the Yar'Adua power transition to the Labour issues and military issues. If his Senatorial District still want to send him to Senate, then it is good for us all.

I don't pretend that I have no idea why some people do not like him, which may include that he conducts the affairs of the Senate with much respect, maturity and dignity and does not seem to favour Tambuwal kind of confrontational approach to issue resolution and is also a strong stabilizing force in the polity. Those people actually prefer more anarchy in the system because to them, it somehow rubs off on the President who is the main target. These reasons are just selfish to me. We need more experienced lawmakers at upper and lower chambers!!

I thought you would be outlining his achievements for Benue South Senatorial District over the years...

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Okey Wali Abducted / Lets Vote: Gej Vs Apc Candidates(buhari, Atiku And Kwakwanso) / Tambuwal ‘set To Succeed’ Wamakko As Sokoto Governor, Defects To APC!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.