Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Why Do Wives Manipulate Their Husbands? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Wives Manipulate Their Husbands? (3830 Views)

Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? / How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / How Do Wives Whose Husbands Work In Distant Places Cope Sexually? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Wives Manipulate Their Husbands? by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 03, 2014
I have come to observe this anomaly with a particular neighbour acting weird and insensitive,bidding to the whims and caprice of his darling wife.

His father came visiting sometime ago and he did one despicable act I don't like. He went with his family to the wife family house within the vicinity and locked his popsie outside. The old man went out too to see some relatives and when he came back around 8PM, there was no one in the house to open the door for him as his Son and family have gone to his inlaws place. The old man call, call and called the son yet the son kept telling him they are coming and at a point he refuse picking his fathers call. It was around 10PM I ushered the man into my house and he complained bitterly to me about the harsh treatment his son is meting out to him. Son finally came back from his inlaws place with his family around 11:20PM before he retrieve him from my house

One time I went to watch a match involving Barcelona with a girlfriend to my neighbours apartments and equally met some dudes in the sitting room watching. When we were all settled to watch the match...lo and behold, the channel was changed to cartoon network from the adjoining room and husband couldn't protest and we all dismissed! Football ended that minute.( wife overruled football).

Just yesterday, this neighbour threw out his brother in law(the person marrying his junior sister who recently lost his job and came to squat with his family while doing some menial jobs to survive) things out last night and according to the guy, this was instigated by the wife. All my neighbour's mother pleading has turn on deaf ears...as at now, my neighbour has refuse picking his mother calls nor the father over the issue and here, I am hosting a totally stranger in my house as a good neighbour.

The father has complained to me why will a son he gave quality education be treating him this bad even though he knows it is the wife engineering things and he wouldn't want to mention her to me.

The bitter truth is that it seems the wife picks the bills in the house as the husband lost his paid job few years ago. But one thing that puzzles me is that the woman appear to be a good person cos I have never seen her insult, quarrel or denigrate the husband before. She hardly talks.

I should have mind my business but I am always the last resorts cleaning up their marriage mess indirectly not affecting them anyway.

My question is, WHY WILL A MAN ACT WEIRD COS OF A WOMAN?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Wives Manipulate Their Husbands? by bigiyaro(m): 11:20am On Oct 03, 2014
Some wives know how to use the hairy remote.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Wives Manipulate Their Husbands? by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 03, 2014
bigiyaro: Some wives know how to use the hairy remote.

Funny you. It is bad when a man disrespect his parents just to be in marriage but treats the wife's parent like demigods

1 Like

Re: Why Do Wives Manipulate Their Husbands? by MizMyColi(f): 11:35am On Oct 03, 2014
Wisdom is always profitable to direct.
Couples should always aim for healthy compromise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Wives Manipulate Their Husbands? by OnyeEgo1(m): 11:44am On Oct 03, 2014
Chai!... How i wish say dat guy papa na my own papa, at dat age eh my papa go just use bottle, stick, iron, stone, destroy all ur body.... You want beat am? Ready to go face umunna for beating ur father...
My papa no dey swear for person at all at all.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Wives Manipulate Their Husbands? by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 03, 2014
This is what forced marriage causes
Re: Why Do Wives Manipulate Their Husbands? by Godsfavour001(m): 12:10pm On Oct 03, 2014
the man na mumu. e wife don cook am don e nor com get sense. What he needs now is intercessory prayers.
Re: Why Do Wives Manipulate Their Husbands? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 03, 2014
@op: You are not a good neighbor.

You are a gossip and you need to mind your business. Why are you playing God?? How dare you house him (brother-in-law) after he has been thrown out? You need to respect yourself Mr.

You could have given him money but let him go, it's not your place. You are only causing trouble and breeding negative energy between you and your neighbor.

You did a nice thing by housing the father temporarily, but don't go further. You can't continue to offer a ear to his begrudged family members.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Wives Manipulate Their Husbands? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 03, 2014
BananaBender post=/post/26830159:
@op: You are not a good neighbor.

You are a gossip and you need to mind your business. Why are you playing God?? How dare you house him (brother-in-law) after he has been thrown out? You need to respect yourself Mr.

You could have given him money but let him go, it's not your place. You are only causing trouble and breeding negative energy between you and your neighbor.

You did a nice thing by housing the father temporarily, but don't go further. You can't continue to offer a ear to his begrudged family members.

I understand your concern but I am sorry to disappoint you. I can't pretend and watch my fellow man property destroyed by the rain after being thrown out impromptu just because he had an ish with his brother in-law who happen to be my neighbour. Helping him, I guess will give him ample time to strategies and think his relocation proper. He can't stay past 2 days anyway.

We've to pray to find help whenever we encounter such situation cos no amount of money can help at such confused and trying moment.

14 Likes

Re: Why Do Wives Manipulate Their Husbands? by bigiyaro(m): 2:05pm On Oct 03, 2014
SeaGold:

Funny you. It is bad when a man disrespect his parents just to be in marriage but treats the wife's parent like demigods
OK. Between ur parents and ur marriage, if you have to choose, which one will it be?
Re: Why Do Wives Manipulate Their Husbands? by kreamidiva(f): 2:23pm On Oct 03, 2014
Keep being the good samaritan Nigerian that u are.

Lol..
Re: Why Do Wives Manipulate Their Husbands? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 03, 2014
Truth is OP, it's not easy to be a married man. When you get married too you will understand.
A man is usually influenced by his wife in marriage... Usually, and you as a man may feel it is better to offend your parents than offend a wife.

I really don't know how to put it because it wouldn't really sound balanced.
What I am certain of is that most women are not really good at heart. Trust me. Women are very evil, wicked and subtle.
They can cause problems in a mans life and family especially towards his family.

My wish is that may the good ones among the women find a good man to complement them as well.

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Wives Manipulate Their Husbands? by Acidosis(m): 2:52pm On Oct 03, 2014
ahhahaha

Nigerian women ehn... Fear them!
grin
Re: Why Do Wives Manipulate Their Husbands? by Acidosis(m): 2:57pm On Oct 03, 2014
Topic should be "Why do wives manipulate their husbands?
Re: Why Do Wives Manipulate Their Husbands? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 03, 2014
bigiyaro: OK. Between ur parents and ur marriage, if you have to choose, which one will it be?

I will choose my parents over an insensitive wife that wouldn't condone me treating her parents the way she'd approve I treat my parents

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Wives Manipulate Their Husbands? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 03, 2014
Acidosis: Topic should be "Why do wives manipulate their husbands?

Thank you. Semantic choice of structure lol

1 Like

Re: Why Do Wives Manipulate Their Husbands? by bigiyaro(m): 3:09pm On Oct 03, 2014
SeaGold:

I will choose my parents over an insensitive wife that wouldn't condone me treating her parents the way she'd approve I treat my parents
Na simple question, which one you go choose between ur parents and ur marriage. If Na marriage say it n if na parent say so. We the wait.
Re: Why Do Wives Manipulate Their Husbands? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 03, 2014
All these stories you get from your neighbors,it seems you're the only sane person living in your neighborhood. There's no day you won't open a thread saying "my neighbor did this,my neighbor did that".
You suppose pack out of that area make dem no carry dia werey give you o!

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Wives Manipulate Their Husbands? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 03, 2014
bigiyaro: Na simple question, which one you go choose between ur parents and ur marriage. If Na marriage say it n if na parent say so. We the wait.

Your question no get taproot nor nucleus lol
Re: Why Do Wives Manipulate Their Husbands? by troy20(m): 3:23pm On Oct 03, 2014
witnessed alota occasions as yours as well.behind that feminine warmth a woman can have a deathly cold heart that will make the devil cringe.you know a good woman by how she treats vulnerable people she gains nothing from.such kinda women as yours always go for men they feel well suited to them...men who pass for Puccies.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Wives Manipulate Their Husbands? by Daresh(f): 3:26pm On Oct 03, 2014
SeaGold: I have come to observe this anomaly with a particular neighbour acting weird and insensitive,bidding to the whims and caprice of his darling wife.

His father came visiting sometime ago and he did one despicable act I don't like. He went with his family to the wife family house within the vicinity and locked his popsie outside. The old man went out too to see some relatives and when he came back around 8PM, there was no one in the house to open the door for him as his Son and family have gone to his inlaws place. The old man call, call and called the son yet the son kept telling him they are coming and at a point he refuse picking his fathers call. It was around 10PM I ushered the man into my house and he complained bitterly to me about the harsh treatment his son is meting out to him. Son finally came back from his inlaws place with his family around 11:20PM before he retrieve him from my house

One time I went to watch a match involving Barcelona with a girlfriend to my neighbours apartments and equally met some dudes in the sitting room watching. When we were all settled to watch the match...lo and behold, the channel was changed to cartoon network from the adjoining room and husband couldn't protest and we all dismissed! Football ended that minute.( wife overruled football).

Just yesterday, this neighbour threw out his brother in law(the person marrying his junior sister who recently lost his job and came to squat with his family while doing some menial jobs to survive) things out last night and according to the guy, this was instigated by the wife. All my neighbour's mother pleading has turn on deaf ears...as at now, my neighbour has refuse picking his mother calls nor the father over the issue and here, I am hosting a totally stranger in my house as a good neighbour.

The father has complained to me why will a son he gave quality education be treating him this bad even though he knows it is the wife engineering things and he wouldn't want to mention her to me.

The bitter truth is that it seems the wife picks the bills in the house as the husband lost his paid job few years ago. But one thing that puzzles me is that the woman appear to be a good person cos I have never seen her insult, quarrel or denigrate the husband before. She hardly talks.

I should have mind my business but I am always the last resorts cleaning up their marriage mess indirectly not affecting them anyway.

My question is, WHY WILL A MAN ACT WEIRD COS OF A WOMAN?

Typical Nigerian mentality, blame the wife.

Wetin dem no dey blame wife for?

Very soon they will start blaming wife for rain fall.

If you no marry wahala, if you mary wahala. angry

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Wives Manipulate Their Husbands? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 03, 2014
truth be told, i dont understand what point the op is trying to make

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Wives Manipulate Their Husbands? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 03, 2014
berem: All these stories you get from your neighbors,it seems you're the only sane person living in your neighborhood. There's no day you won't open a thread saying "my neighbor did this,my neighbor did that".

Obim, I am a social scientist and what goes around me is what I called "catchment apparatus" for social science evaluation and deduction to build up hypothesis. I will drew conclusions from such experiences and that's it.

Do you want me to go to sambisa to garner experience?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Wives Manipulate Their Husbands? by Acidosis(m): 3:35pm On Oct 03, 2014
Daresh:

What can you say about this?
One time I went to watch a match involving Barcelona with a girlfriend to my neighbours apartments and equally met some dudes in the sitting room watching. When we were all settled to watch the match...lo and behold, the channel was changed to cartoon network from the adjoining room and husband couldn't protest and we all dismissed!
Should we blame the gods?
Re: Why Do Wives Manipulate Their Husbands? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 03, 2014
Daresh:

Expose...

The kids of the house aged 5 and 4 do tell the guy insulting, "mummy say you must leave our house", "we don't want you" "mumu uncle" etc...how about that?

Is that a Nigeria Man mentality?
Re: Why Do Wives Manipulate Their Husbands? by egopersonified(f): 4:03pm On Oct 03, 2014
troy20: .you know a good woman by how she treats vulnerable people she gains nothing from.
Re: Why Do Wives Manipulate Their Husbands? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 03, 2014
What do all these stories have to do with manipulation?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Wives Manipulate Their Husbands? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 03, 2014
we dey our own jeje,naked full ground dey play with our husband amu.Na so devil carry apple give us give our husband.Abeg na bad thing we do give our husband fruit chop?Go ask lucifer that question.
Re: Why Do Wives Manipulate Their Husbands? by OnyeEgo1(m): 4:13pm On Oct 03, 2014
berem: All these stories you get from your neighbors,it seems you're the only sane person living in your neighborhood. There's no day you won't open a thread saying "my neighbor did this,my neighbor did that".

lol, turn to the next person and say, Neighbour!
Re: Why Do Wives Manipulate Their Husbands? by egopersonified(f): 4:13pm On Oct 03, 2014
SeaGold:

Expose...

The kids of the house aged 5 and 4 do tell the guy insulting, "mummy say you must leave our house", "we don't want you" "mumu uncle" etc...how about that?

Is that a Nigeria Man mentality?

Kai, if true, this woman has brain washed those children. I guess she wants to frustrate the guy out of the house, instead of her leaving him. But that changing the tv to cartoons bit would feel soooo demeaning, I dont pray my enemy to be in such a situation, see disgrace. The fact that you havent heard her insulting him doesnt mean its not done quietly, how then do the kids get these ideas? I pity the guy, poverty is indeed a bast.ard.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Wives Manipulate Their Husbands? by Acidosis(m): 4:15pm On Oct 03, 2014
carefreewannabe: What do all these stories have to do with manipulation?

Psychological manipulation is a type of social influence that aims to change the behavior of others through underhanded tactics. By advancing the interests of the manipulator, often at another's expense.

Do not pretend or act like you don't understand the situation here.
Re: Why Do Wives Manipulate Their Husbands? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 03, 2014
Acidosis:

Psychological manipulation is a type of social influence that aims to change the behavior of others through underhanded tactics. By advancing the interests of the manipulator, often at another's expense.

Do not pretend or act like you don't understand the situation here.

I know what manipulation is and therefore my question. I don't see it in the stories the OP provided. Do you?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PHOTOS : Stunning Playhouses Of Rich Kids / My Cheating Brother Wants To Send His Wife Away! / Can A Legally Married Man Rape His Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.