Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,373 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. (13623 Views)

Construction Diary: 100-seater Lecture Theatre / Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu / Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 11:28pm On May 03, 2015
More rock pictures

Foundations walls and short columns being done

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 8:34am On May 05, 2015
Foundation height reached.. Bck filling with rubbles of demolished building..

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 8:43am On May 05, 2015
Short columns done.. compaction to begin

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 11:51am On Aug 10, 2015
mufutau55:

"Omo Onile" are the families members that owned that land...
Area Boys... just like their name says are the "THUGS" in the neighborhood who will disrupt your work anytime... only in Nigeria!

Hajji M.

Hajji, good morning..

are you no longer a moderator of property section?
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 11:54am On Aug 10, 2015
I met a Nairalander recently who said I should update all my projects. Most have been completed but I really don't know how to reduce picture sizes. I'm posting the final picture now but will see if I can still go stage to stage..

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 12:08pm On Aug 10, 2015
Here we go

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 12:16pm On Aug 10, 2015
Also managed another duplex project but no thread because owner said so.. Few pictures..

The house.. So beautiful

1 Like

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by mufutau55(m): 12:18pm On Aug 10, 2015
KolaShangOne:

Hajji, good morning..
are you no longer a moderator of property section?

No sir. I have been removed by the Gods of Nairaland without any official notification or reason.
But I am still a contributor to the Properties Forum until my access is denied or blocked. Thank you.

Hajji M.

4 Likes

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by Fhemmmy: 12:34pm On Aug 10, 2015
mufutau55:

No sir. I have been removed by the Gods of Nairaland without any official notification or reason. But I am still a contributor to the Properties Forum until my access is denied or blocked. Thank you.

Hajji M.

shocked shocked shocked what happened?
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 1:47pm On Aug 10, 2015
mufutau55:

No sir. I have been removed by the Gods of Nairaland without any official notification or reason. But I am still a contributor to the Properties Forum until my access is denied or blocked. Thank you.

Hajji M.

Wow.. I just noticed as I was reading through the section this morning having been away for long.. I will send you a mail asap.
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by oludarekehinde(m): 3:15pm On Aug 10, 2015
4 Bedrooms terrace for sale.

These Luxury 4 Bedrooms terrace house with boys quarter & state of art facilities, is well situated at Awoyaya, Ibeju-Lekki, facing lekki-epe express way & beside Coscharis motor, Ibeju lekki Lagos. TITTLE C of O, PRICE 16m

Contact Dare for details & Inspection on 08053690928 ; 08065738438

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by mufutau55(m): 4:14pm On Aug 10, 2015
KolaShangOne:

Wow.. I just noticed as I was reading through the section this morning having been away for long.. I will send you a mail asap.

Sure. I sent someone your way...

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by mufutau55(m): 4:17pm On Aug 10, 2015
Fhemmmy:

shocked shocked shocked what happened?

Only if I knew... I guess I was a bad Moderator, costing Nairaland money. ??

Hajji M.
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by twinskenny(m): 4:36pm On Aug 10, 2015
mufutau55:

Only if I knew... I guess I was a bad Moderator, costing Nairaland money. ??

Hajji M.
wow that serious
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by twinskenny(m): 4:38pm On Aug 10, 2015
KolaShangOne:

Boss I was in ibadan few weeks ago o would have love to contact u. Did some.cctv installation for a client around old airport.

Lovely job sir
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 10, 2015
If you're available on the second week of Sept I want to invite you to submit a quote for foundation and German for me. I have the plan if you want to do an advanced study.

Just the materials needed which I'll be supplying, just need your workmanship. If you work that way.

The fence is still pending to be completed when I arrive if you're still interested too but same principle, I'll supply all the materials needed.

When we finish talking business then you can take me to Opeyemi buka at challenge to settle me for this mokola job grin

1 Like

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by twinskenny(m): 7:20pm On Aug 10, 2015
EgunMogaji:
If you're available on the second week of Sept I want to invite you to submit a quote for foundation and German for me. I have the plan if you want to do an advanced study.

Just the materials needed which I'll be supplying, just need your workmanship. If you work that way.

The fence is still pending to be completed when I arrive if you're still interested too but same principle, I'll supply all the materials needed.

When we finish talking business then you can take me to Opeyemi buka at challenge to settle me for this mokola job grin
please take me along ooo.i know the best amala join in ibadan.. u will sure like it grin grin

1 Like

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by mufutau55(m): 8:13pm On Aug 10, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Some day, I will like to see that killer floor plan... knowing that you are a "Semi-Pro Builder" here in Obodo.
I have not explore Ibadan in about 42 years... I just drive thru for onward journey...

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 10, 2015
mufutau55:

Some day, I will like to see that killer floor plan... knowing that you are a "Semi-Pro Builder" here in Obodo.
I have not explore Ibadan in about 42 years... I just drive thru for onward journey...

Hajji M.

I'll send it to you. I think I have your email saved somewhere from when the dastardly bot banned me.

You may not be wowed though. I designed this for me and my almost eccentric lifestyle and my family.

I literarily learnt SketchUp so I can imagine stuff like what I'll see when I open my bedroom door in the morning or what the guests see as they enter the front door.

No roman pillars, madams room, ensuites, etc grin
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by mufutau55(m): 8:59pm On Aug 10, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I'll send it to you. I think I have your email saved somewhere from when the dastardly bot banned me.

You may not be wowed though. I designed this for me and my almost eccentric lifestyle and my family.

I literarily learnt SketchUp so I can imagine stuff like what I'll see when I open my bedroom door in the morning or what the guests see as they enter the front door.

No roman pillars, madams room, ensuites, etc grin

And who doesn't know you are Eccentric? But then so was Einstein. Sent you an email from my actual email address..
I found yours... as info@....... (correct?)

Hajji M.
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 10, 2015
mufutau55:

And who doesn't know you are Eccentric? But then so was Einstein. Sent you an email from my actual email address..
I found yours... as info@....... (correct?)

Hajji M.

Yes and I responded Sir.
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by mufutau55(m): 9:30pm On Aug 10, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Yes and I responded Sir.

Got it. Thanks. looked eccentric for real, but very nice plan...

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by smiley001(m): 11:43pm On Aug 10, 2015
KolaShangOne:
Also managed another duplex project but no thread because owner said so.. Few pictures..

The house.. So beautiful

ow do u get ur sand and granite in ibadan sir? We can also benefit from u on both as we supply sand and granite and also very farmilar wit ibadan jobs.
A trial may convince u sir.
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 9:50pm On Aug 11, 2015
smiley001:

ow do u get ur sand and granite in ibadan sir? We can also benefit from u on both as we supply sand and granite and also very farmilar wit ibadan jobs.
A trial may convince u sir.

Bros, welldone o.. We have a truck we use for supplies.. We also have a family friend that has a quarry.. So you see its not quite possible to beat our prices.
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 6:18am On Aug 13, 2015
twinskenny:

Boss I was in ibadan few weeks ago o would have love to contact u. Did some.cctv installation for a client around old airport.

Lovely job sir

Thanks Oga twinskenny..
I've even been in Lagos for the past 2 weeks helping my friend at one stage in her construction.. You can add me on whatsapp on 07038935532.
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by Nobody: 6:24am On Aug 13, 2015
@TwinsKenny, I plan on using wireless for my cameras.

Or do you recommend I run cables? I use wireless exclusively here but trying to gauge what works better in Nigeria.
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by twinskenny(m): 6:34am On Aug 13, 2015
EgunMogaji:
@TwinsKenny, I plan on using wireless for my cameras.

Or do you recommend I run cables? I use wireless exclusively here but trying to gauge what works better in Nigeria.

I will recommended wired. Let.me know when you are about to run the electrical conduit so that we can include for the cameras....
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by PeoplesArmy: 9:44am On Aug 13, 2015
oludarekehinde:
4 Bedrooms terrace for sale.

These Luxury 4 Bedrooms terrace house with boys quarter & state of art facilities, is well situated at Awoyaya, Ibeju-Lekki, facing lekki-epe express way & beside Coscharis motor, Ibeju lekki Lagos. TITTLE C of O, PRICE 16m

Contact Dare for details & Inspection on 08053690928 ; 08065738438

Can you post pictures of the real building if any. 3D rendition is okay but since the buildings are ready for inspection, post the pictures you have.

1 Like

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 12:43pm On Aug 13, 2015
EgunMogaji:

No problem.. Have you tried Amala Skye bank? Its my favourite for now.. *licks lips*
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 8:29am On Aug 15, 2015
This comment is mainly to find something constructive to talk about apart from the brab us n Johnny brouhaha.. Im iniviting all professionals n enthusiasts in the house cc @hajjMufutau @segzy14 @3strike @brag3 @segcymoor @spyder880 @gabbytabby @egunmogaji *I cant remember all handles*

Its about alternative use of clay pots for slabs (decking). Its been promoted as a way to reduce weight on the foundation especially for high rise buildings.
In this case, I'm standing on the 3rd floor of a buildiing but the clay pots have been in use from the First floor as seen in the pic below. The clay pots can be used for the cantilevers too

Advantages include: great cost saving in terms of iron rods, volume of concrete, man-hour time etc..

What's your view on the use of these pots?

1 Like

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 8:31am On Aug 15, 2015
More pictures..

1 Share

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 15, 2015
I'll have to do more research but what I wish for are Home Depot construction grade 2x4, 2x8.

Enough with all the concrete jungle that we're erecting. Heh heh I said erecting grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Are There Nice Estates In Karu, Abuja? / Buy 3 Bedroom Duplex with BQ in Lekki / QUALITY AMERICAN PANEL DOORS For QUICK SALE!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.