Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,437 members, 7,812,303 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. (13654 Views)

Construction Diary: 100-seater Lecture Theatre / Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu / Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by lastpage: 6:29pm On Sep 19, 2015
KolaShangOne:
To whom it may concern.. You may not be able to reach me on whatsapp till evening. Men of the underworld came to my house to cart away my phones. Please do not transact any business for now. Thanks.

Hmmm..... I Thank God that no one was injured (I perceive).
May the Heaven compensate your loss in many folds.

I was just wondering,.... in my own very curious nature: Does your "online presence" have anything to do with that event? Was the knowledge that you are doing something capital intensive have anything to do with it?
Since we dont keep cash at home anymore ..... (l dont even pay contractors cash, l do an online transfer into their account and if you say you dont have one, then you will have to follow me to the "inside" of the bank to get your money!) I am wondering whether "just phone" or such things as household electronics was their real target?

Dont answer these questions if you are not comfortable with answering them here..... but please do reflect on them in your own quiet time.
We all learn from such events so as to prevent any re-occurrence.
When such things happen to anyone, it annoys me so much that l think owning a "Jagamu" (for defending your family and home) should be a fundamental right for everyone. angry

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 12:34am On Sep 20, 2015
@lastpage Thanks for the prayers and the concern sir.. I actually had reservations about making contact details public but its a risk we have to take in this trade.
But honestly I think the events are unconnected with my online presence. I haven't had a client come to my house or give me physical cash. But then, an adage says "you can't be as wise as people monitoring you".

These ones just come for cash (they are satisfied with 10 or 20k) phones, gold, and other easy to carry valuables..

1 Like

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 12:05pm On Sep 21, 2015
Shidex Global Services.. contact me for your buiding construction, site supervision, equipment leasing, building materials supply, block production on site, Roof trusses, landscaping etc.. 08142364445. whatsapp- 07038935532.
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by lastpage: 12:03am On Sep 22, 2015
How is your project going?
Is the rain is posing a big challenge?

Lastpage!
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 8:38pm On Sep 25, 2015
lastpage:
How is your project going?
Is the rain is posing a big challenge?

Lastpage!

Project has gone very far.. Trying to compile pics before I post it.. Thank you sir.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 10:26pm On Sep 26, 2015
Contact Us @ Shidex Global Services..
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 11:14pm On Sep 27, 2015
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 11:17am On Oct 21, 2015
Taking levels so as to make adjustments so we don't hsve undulating floor slab

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 11:24am On Oct 21, 2015
Beams.. And secret beams..

Ive seen structures decked on Nairaland where they used secret beams throughout. Secret beams are not a replacement to beams. Just for added support

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by mufutau55(m): 4:34pm On Oct 21, 2015
KolaShangOne:
Ive seen structures decked on Nairaland where they used secret beams throughout. Secret beams are not a replacement to beams. Just for added support

I will surely like to see a sample "secret beams" and compare. You know I am not that inclined.

Hajji M.
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 5:54pm On Oct 25, 2015
mufutau55:

I will surely like to see a sample "secret beams" and compare. You know I am not that inclined.

Hajji M.

Hajji, I'm. Looking for an app that I can use to make arrows pointing at things.. Thatz d issue I have
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by mufutau55(m): 7:25pm On Oct 25, 2015
KolaShangOne:

Hajji, I'm. Looking for an app that I can use to make arrows pointing at things.. Thatz d issue I have

Unfortunately I don't have that too.. But I have seen EgunMogaji used it, may be he can point us to the link to snag it.

cc: @EgunMogaji

Hajji M.
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 25, 2015
mufutau55:

Unfortunately I don't have that too.. But I have seen EgunMogaji used it, may be he can point us to the link to snag it.

cc: @EgunMogaji

Hajji M.

As a good friend and supporter of Shidex, I offer to demo any and all software personally to a certain Engineer in its employment grin

KolaShangOne, I use SnagIt (free trial available) on my work laptop but I also have Preview that came on my MacBook Air.
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by mufutau55(m): 7:48pm On Oct 25, 2015
EgunMogaji:

As a good friend and supporter of Shidex, I offer to demo any and all software personally to a certain Engineer in its employment grin
KolaShangOne, I use SnagIt (free trial available) on my work laptop but I also have Preview that came on my MacBook Air.

So far, I was never wrong about you... smiley

Hajji M.
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 25, 2015
mufutau55:

So far, I was never wrong about you... smiley

Hajji M.

I just don't know why KolaShangOne doesn't like me. I'm quite a charming likable and lovable fellow but he's bent on keeping me at arms length from his staff

cheesy

Link to free trial of SnagIT - https://www.techsmith.com/download/snagit/?gclid=Cj0KEQjw-7GxBRCL_Kq6mZSHvdsBEiQA7r8VhKMSzkZVFKUMK5cyaKvh_v7LnX0t_TxZYaPFVVH1TTsaAtxK8P8HAQ

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by twinskenny(m): 8:01pm On Oct 25, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I just don't know why KolaShangOne doesn't like me. I'm quite a charming likable and lovable fellow but he's bent on keeping me at arms length from his staff

cheesy

Link to free trial of SnagIT - https://www.techsmith.com/download/snagit/?gclid=Cj0KEQjw-7GxBRCL_Kq6mZSHvdsBEiQA7r8VhKMSzkZVFKUMK5cyaKvh_v7LnX0t_TxZYaPFVVH1TTsaAtxK8P8HAQ

Baba are you still game??

1 Like

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by erico2k2(m): 9:06pm On Oct 25, 2015
KolaShangOne:
Taking levels so as to make adjustments so we don't hsve undulating floor slab
this is very important,A level floor would make a great surface to tile
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by erico2k2(m): 9:08pm On Oct 25, 2015
KolaShangOne:

secret?, is that teh beam on top the block work behind this guy?
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by erico2k2(m): 9:10pm On Oct 25, 2015
mufutau55:

Hajji M.
Ok I have spotted the secrete beam,it is indeed secrete grin grin look at the guys right shoulders, you will see teh beam concealed on the raft.

1 Like

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 12:33am On Oct 28, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Thanks Oga EgunMogaji et Hajji.. Will download the app asap and feed you back.
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 28, 2015
KolaShangOne:

Using only secret beams for decking?
Are you serious it is happening here?
You go fear "builders".

1 Like

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by nigeriancuban: 7:23pm On Oct 28, 2015
lastpage:

Hmmm..... I Thank God that no one was injured (I perceive).
May the Heaven compensate your loss in many folds.

I was just wondering,.... in my own very curious nature: Does your "online presence" have anything to do with that event? Was the knowledge that you are doing something capital intensive have anything to do with it?
Since we dont keep cash at home anymore ..... (l dont even pay contractors cash, l do an online transfer into their account and if you say you dont have one, then you will have to follow me to the "inside" of the bank to get your money!) I am wondering whether "just phone" or such things as household electronics was their real target?

Dont answer these questions if you are not comfortable with answering them here..... but please do reflect on them in your own quiet time.
We all learn from such events so as to prevent any re-occurrence.
When such things happen to anyone, it annoys me so much that l think owning a "Jagamu" (for defending your family and home) should be a fundamental right for everyone. angry

Lastpage!
these are interesting notion you just highlighted,just exactly what I thought too and a very good recommendation you also pointed out ,if actually it was legal to get a good dog( cool) at home then I guess these little self claimedthugs would have at least a 20 - 30% fear built up in them while making plans ..... grin but sometimes even having a jigamu as u called it would solve nothing though,its just God one looks unto

1 Like

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 10:05am On Nov 12, 2015
nigeriancuban:
these are interesting notion you just highlighted,just exactly what I thought too and a very good recommendation you also pointed out ,if actually it was legal to get a good dog( cool) at home then I guess these little self claimedthugs would have at least a 20 - 30% fear built up in them while making plans ..... grin but sometimes even having a jigamu as u called it would solve nothing though,its just God one looks unto

True
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 8:23am On Nov 20, 2015
Plumbing and electrical works simultaneously..

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by lastpage: 11:33am On Nov 22, 2015
EgunMogaji:

[s]I will give Kolashangone a full version of Snagit with the activation License ... for free.

Question is how do l l get it to him since l still wish to remain anonymous to everyone on nairaland?

@KolashangOne:

if you have an Email you can put here for me, l will try and drop the Exec-file and the License number.
All you need do is run it and license it.[/s]

Dont update it ..otherwise you will need to buy another License.

Lastpage!

Edit: I think what you will need is just the License, to make that free trial a full version 7.25.
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 7:28am On Nov 26, 2015
No 1- The Void.

No 2- The quarter turn stairs

No 3- Bamboo support system.

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 8:13am On Dec 17, 2015
2 machines for this decking..

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 8:17am On Dec 17, 2015
Pics

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 1:26pm On Mar 30, 2016
Contact us
Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 2:08pm On Mar 11, 2017
Completion photos

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 3:25pm On Mar 20, 2017

Re: Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. by KolaShangOne(m): 3:01pm On Apr 26, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Supervise Your Building Project. / A 500litres GP Water Tank Is Up For Sale @ 25k (negotiable) Still New / Looking For A Place To Rent In Lagos?? Look No Further, We Got You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.