Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,515 members, 7,816,250 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. (5417 Views)

Amaechi is currently leading in the Best Nigerian Governors Polls (join now) / PDP To ACN: The Barking Of 20 Dogs Can Never Scare An Elephant / FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by ChimaAdeoye: 5:24pm On Oct 04, 2014
[size=14pt]1. Ada ada - Flavour
2. Jukpa- J Martins & Fally Ipupa
3. Yori yori- Bracket
4. Mama Africa - Bracket
5. No one like you- P-square
6. Yakulu- Timaya
7. Plantain boy- Timaya
8. Aye- Davido
9. Limpopo- KCee
10. Beautiful Onyinye- P-Square
11. Shinamania- Sir Shina Peters
12. Natty get to jail - Raskimon
13. Genesis- Majek Fashek
14. African soldier - Sonny Okosun
15. Iyogogo - Onyeka Onwenu
16. Seunrere - Christy Essien Igbokwe
17. Moso rire - IK Dairo
18. Daddy Moh- Ollie Gee
19. Oremi pele pele - Commander Ebenezer Obey
20. Nwa Dinpka- Chief Osita Osadebe
[/size]
Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 04, 2014
ChimaAdeoye:
3. Yori yori- Bracket
4. Mama Africa - Bracket
6. Strong thing- bankyw
7. Plantain boy- Timaya
8. Aye- Davido
9. Limpopo- KCee
[/size]
Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:34pm On Oct 04, 2014
ChimaAdeoye:
3. Yori yori- Bracket
4. Mama Africa - Bracket
6. Yakulu- Timaya
7. Plantain boy- Timaya
8. Aye- Davido
9. Limpopo- KCee
[/size]
Those songs don't fit in this thread.

1 Like

Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by thewarrior72: 5:57pm On Oct 04, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
This thread serves as a rejoinder to the thread on the 20 best Nigerian songs of all times by MTV. While I won't completely condemn the thread, I think MTV should have added a period to the list, preferable covering the last decade. Those that understand music and the meaning of the phrase, "of all times" won't doubt that MTV erred because the songs on their list, mostly hiphop, can't stand the test of time. Do this simple assignment, play any hiphop song of the last decade, and see how some youths will hiss. But play a songs like "Bere Bote" by Cardinal Rex Jim Lawson or his "Sawale", remixed by Flavour, you will see the reaction on the faces of elderly people and some youths. It may interest you to know that songs are nothing less than 45 years. The artiste himself died 43 years ago at the age of 33.

Here is my list (but not limited to) of the best songs of Nigeria of all times. You may add yours, but it shouldn't be less 30-35 years ago. The purpose of this is to separate the boys from the men. Let's go there.
1. Bere Bote - Rex Lawson.
2. Taxi Driver - Bobby Benson.
3. Sweet Mother - Prince Nicco Mbaga.
4. Baby Kwanagida - Osita Osadebe.
5. Joromi - Victor Uwaifo.
6. Logba-Logba - Orlando Owoh.
7. Onye Ori Utaba - Mike Ejeagha.
8. Board Members - Ebenezer Obey.
9. Eddie Kwansa - Ralph Amarabem.
10. Ije Enu - Celestine Okwu.
11. Omo Pupa - Victor Olaiya.
12. Mi Ko Mo - Sunny Ade.
13. Uwa Nwogbenye - Paulson Kalu.
14. Anansa Special - Bustic Kingsley Bassey.
15. Fuji Garbage - Sikiru Ayinde.
16. Oni Dodo - Fela Kuti.
17. Ise Ile - Ayinla Omowura.
18. Won Kere Si Number Wa - Rolling Dollars.
19. Jagua Nana - Orlando Julius.
20. Jolly Papa - Rex Lawson.
Ogazi amaka- Osadebe
Uwa mgbede-Mike Ejeagha
Osa enwe akwu-Oriental brothers
Identity-Oliver

There's this felas music that I listing to & fell in love with, but I couldn't remember the title

1 Like

Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:42pm On Oct 04, 2014
thewarrior72:

Ogazi amaka- Osadebe
Uwa mgbede-Mike Ejeagha
Osa enwe akwu-Oriental brothers
Identity-Oliver

There's this felas music that I listing to & fell in love with, but I couldn't remember the title
Mike Ejeagha is one highlife maestro I love. I just can't stop listening to his "Onye Nkpesa" and "Onye Ori Utaba."

1 Like

Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by Horus(m): 9:22pm On Oct 04, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7vZ5yzYboA

[size=15pt]Sunny Ade & His African Beats 1973 - Vols.9&10[/size]
Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by Caveatemptor(m): 9:01pm On Nov 30, 2016
The group Ofege made up of students of St Gregory's college should be on this list. That band despite being are up of students was way ahead of its time. Their song "Wizzy Labo" is a timeless classic and besides the band members played all the instruments on the album. No auto tune or computers.

Another song slept on by people who compile greatest lists is the reggae song Lamentation for Sodom by the artiste, Terra Kota. Great song about Nigeria still relevant till today if you take time to listen to the lyrics despite the poor production . It was a song way ahead of it's time.
Re: List Of 20 Best Nigerian Songs Of All Times - My Opinion. by pointstores(m): 9:02pm On Nov 30, 2016
african QUEEN BY 2FACE IDIBIA

(1) (2) (Reply)

THE TRUTH ON WHY GEJ SACKED FIRS BOSS AND APPOINTED ACTING CHAIRMAN / My Opinion On APC Senate And House Of Reps Leadership Debacle / Just In!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another SS Wannabe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.