Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,939 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. (19259 Views)

5 Reasons Why Atheists Are Wrong! / Why Atheists Can't Convince Staunch Christians/muslims (real Reason) / 3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Generally Better Than Christians During Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by asalimpo(m): 3:30pm On Oct 04, 2014
davien:
Really....so these verses are't evidence of your stup!d deity and its mental deprication...

infanticide;

1 Samuel 15:3 God commands the death of helpless
"suckling" infants..
Psalms 135:8 & 136:10 Here god is praised for
slaughtering little babies.
Psalms 137:9 Here god commands that infants should be
“dashed upon the rocks” .

slavery;

When a man sells his
daughter as a slave, she will
not be freed at the end of six
years as the men are. If she
does not please the man who
bought her, he may allow
her to be bought back
again. But he is not allowed
to sell her to foreigners,
since he is the one who
broke the contract with her.
And if the slave girl's owner
arranges for her to marry
his son, he may no longer
treat her as a slave girl, but
he must treat her as his
daughter. If he himself
marries her and then takes
another wife, he may not
reduce her food or clothing
or fail to sleep with her as
his wife. If he fails in any of
these three ways, she may
leave as a free woman
without making any
payment. (Exodus 21:7-11
NLT)
these are the Bible
family values! A man can
buy as many s3x slaves as
he wants as long as he feeds
them, clothes them, and
screws them!

genocide;
thus saith the LORD of hosts ... go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but
slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and as5. 1 Samuel 15:2-3

if u want a free theological education politely ask for one.
Stop critiquing wat u dont know even wen it's obvious you can know it.

Coming outta egypt , amalek attacked the children of Isreal without cause.
The people of Isreal were God's people. Get it?
He gave egypt as a ransom for them. Gettit.
U mess with God's people, you mess with God himself.
Amalek messed with God's people.
And when the time of judgement was right, God brought, judgement on them. They were to b obliterated off the face of d planet.
This was retribution.
This was justice.
This a hanging debt that had to be paid.
God is a God of love.
He is a God of Justice also.
Devil's tremble at the thought of him.
He is not a toothless bull dog.
He is also not a vengeful maniac.

Before egypt was laid waste pharoah was given the opportunity to let isreal go but didnt. God erased his first borns.
Egypt and Amalek attracted their judgement.

The dashing of d first borns,as grotesque as it seems, was very right.
The babylonians , chaldeans etc were a very wicked group of people in cludg being very perverse.
When God's judgement came upon them, even the little ones had to b killed-it was outright annihilation - why? because if not, those babies wud grow up in the steps of their fathers. Cruel evil and ultra perverse.

God raised isreal as a standard for the world around them to emulate . The nations around isreal were heathen nations,they had no brakes on perversion or evil.
The sacrificed their children in fire to their idols.
The were deeply into astrology, star gazing, etc
incest was normal
sleeping with animals was okay
homosexuality was rife
murder,like killing a man to get his wife, killing a man out in d field (like cain did) was nothing.
Rape and orgies - my o my.
That was fun.

This wasnt how God created Life to be. He erased the first human race in the flood.
He executed judgement on others as their sinfulness grew.
E.g smoking sodom and Gomorrah.
Y isnt he judging Man today?
He has placed man's sins on Jesus and judged Jesus as a substitute for man.
But after d rapture,the period of grace will end. God will judge the world.

1 Like

Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by asalimpo(m): 3:49pm On Oct 04, 2014
davien:
yup...in your eyes atheists telling you that they don't believe rubbish and that you base your life on rubbish means they are trying to convince you to have "non-belief"

i read your responses.
You didnt say anything cogent or logcal. Just empty sweeping statements.

"atheists telling you that they dont believe rubbish, and that you base ur life on rubbish ... "
when an atheist cant logically and objectively present his viewpoint ,this is wat u get.
Pathetic.
What is the definition of "rubbish" here?
Can you show by a logical deduction how a belief is "rubbish"?

You simply cant. You statements are nothing but emotional slush.
Yet u claim to b reason driven.

You made many hollow statements i wont even bother following up on.

2 Likes

Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by davien(m): 3:49pm On Oct 04, 2014
asalimpo:

if u want a free theological education politely ask for one.
Stop critiquing wat u dont know even wen it's obvious you can know it.

Coming outta egypt , amalek attacked the children of Isreal without cause.
The people of Isreal were God's people. Get it?
He gave egypt as a ransom for them. Gettit.
U mess with God's people, you mess with God himself.
Amalek messed with God's people.
And when the time of judgement was right, God brought, judgement on them. They were to b obliterated off the face of d planet.
This was retribution.
This was justice.
This a hanging debt that had to be paid.
God is a God of love.
He is a God of Justice also.
Devil's tremble at the thought of him.
He is not a toothless bull dog.
He is also not a vengeful maniac.
really killing innocent babies is justice....retribution...a hanging debt to be paid....a sign of love...and not a vengeful maniac?... undecided would you kill the children of your oppressors? answer please....what type of theological explanation makes killing babies just?

Before egypt was laid waste pharoah was given the opportunity to let isreal go but didnt. God erased his first borns.
Egypt and Amalek attracted their judgement.
please what is the name of this pharoah and can i find him in history?

The babylonians , chaldeans etc were a very wicked group of people in cludg being very perverse.
When God's judgement came upon them, even the little ones had to b killed-it was outright annihilation - why? because if not, those babies wud grow up in the steps of their fathers. Cruel evil and ultra perverse.
oh my goodness!!!!!!!!! :O bashing babies heads was just?....because they'll grow up to be evil?...even when germany invaded france babies weren't killed for any reason and they didn't grow up to be evil....are you empathic at all?!....where all the children and people evil?....

God raised isreal as a standard for the world around them to emulate . The nations around isreal were heathen nations,they had no brakes on perversion or evil.
The sacrificed their children in fire to their idols.
The were deeply into astrology, star gazing, etc
incest was normal
sleeping with animals was okay
homosexuality was rife
murder,like killing a man to get his wife, killing a man out in d field (like cain did) was nothing.
Rape and orgies - my o my.
That was fun.
really....is isreal a peaceful land today and how do you know any of that happened....no historian wrote on it...and is star gazing not what we do in cosmology?....is it angering "god"

This wasnt how God created Life to be. He erased the first human race in the flood.
a "loving father" erased the first human allegedly by the flood you mean?

He executed judgement on others as their sinfulness grew.
E.g smoking sodom and Gomorrah.
Y isnt he judging Man today?
He has placed man's sins on Jesus and judged Jesus as a substitute for man.
But after d rapture,the period of grace will end. God will judge the world.
lol.....sodom and gomorrah?....how old are you please?.....and do you in the bible "jesus" told his disciples they wouldn't be dead before the rapture? cheesy
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by davien(m): 3:53pm On Oct 04, 2014
asalimpo:

i read your responses.
You didnt say anything cogent or logcal. Just empty sweeping statements.

"atheists telling you that they dont believe rubbish, and that you base ur life on rubbish ... "
when an atheist cant logically and objectively present his viewpoint ,this is wat u get.
Pathetic.
What is the definition of "rubbish" here?
Can you show by a logical deduction how a belief is "rubbish"?

You simply cant. You statements are nothing but emotional slush.
Yet u claim to b reason driven.

You made many hollow statements i wont even bother following up on.
I laugh at your stup!dity afterall you talk about the 4th dimension without knowing only singularities exist as such.... cheesy
Rubbish implies it being of no intellectual use and of no gain....
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by kevoh(m): 4:09pm On Oct 04, 2014
asalimpo:

shocked . I give up on you guys and your brand of christianity! How sadistic can you be, all in the name of defending one's god?
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by davien(m): 4:14pm On Oct 04, 2014
kevoh:

shocked . I give up on you guys and your brand of christianity! How sadistic can you be, all in the name of defending one's god?
I thought i was the only one shocked...."god" aside its still evil to kill a baby so brutally and for no reason....

1 Like

Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by davien(m): 4:17pm On Oct 04, 2014
and how this all started was just a simple correction about an einstein quote.....before bullets of "you're an atheist!" started flowing....
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by asalimpo(m): 4:21pm On Oct 04, 2014
@davien
you don't believe in witches,wizards,dragons, talking snakes.

Keep it in context.
Your goal is primarily to make d bible look ridiculous. That's ur goal.
Not to objectively arrive at a conclusion bothering on it's claims.
Proving, you decisions for atheism or against christianity ARE NOT LOGIC DRIVEN . Not being logical, debates ar smokescreens.
So y dont u and fellow atheists simply admit - u want to b atheist out of free will instead of outof,supposedly cold objectivism.

You accept a world emerging from a cosmic mistake!
Man being d only intelligent lifeform when this would b randomly implausible. You stomach it.
Take ur stance stop being a hypocrite.
Trying to b logical wen ur mind is closed to any other view.

Fyi,josephus documented and commented extensively on biblical events from the early OT stories to d crucifixion of christ etc.
Besides, they are many established bible commentators and historians.
You can't argue. You point is inadmissible.

U made a foolish comment about one usg a cell phone if there was a 4th dimension!
How is this a point?

The ridicule of dragons,talking snakes, talking donkies,
etc is meant to do wat?
Prove they aint real or the event didnt happen?

The goal is simply to cast the event in modern day light,
to make it look ridiculous.
But this doesnt address the issue of it being true or not.
Talking snake- a snake possessed and used by a foreign entity.
Dragon- another name for the devil. Described in the book of revelations and the war in heaven.
Again, explicitly implying a 4th dimension and a non physcal realm.
The figure of a dragon could b actual or symbolic.
Witches ,wizards - if u are in this world and ridiculing this than ur a hollow hypocrit.
Western worlds acknowledge witchcraft.
Halloween celebrates it.
Africa practices it.
It seems u just spewing without thinking,typical atheist ridicule.
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by kevoh(m): 4:21pm On Oct 04, 2014
davien:
I thought i was the only one shocked...."god" aside its still evil to kill a baby so brutally and for no reason....

My brother I tire ooo...
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by asalimpo(m): 4:32pm On Oct 04, 2014
kevoh:

what dyu know about sadism.
You know nothing.
You were never in,not to think of givg up.
Ur statement is hogwash and prooves nothg.
If you can agree with a governmnt decision to blow up a plane with terrorists killing all on board rather than let the plane crash land into a residential district and incinerating many then ur a hypocrit.
You hav no case.
If u can agree with a doctor amputating a gangrenous limb or a cancerous body part to save the rest of d body then ur deliberately blind and biased not to see the wisdom of God in wiping his own creation tht had gone evil.
God wiped out sodom and gomorrah by incinerating them.
God swallowed up rebellious oppsition to moses in earth quake.
God judges and deals with sin.
God dethroned a king for disobeying his orders.
You want a God who winks at sin? Look for another God.
Thts y during military rule crime rate plummets. Why?
No nonsense leadership!
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by kevoh(m): 4:44pm On Oct 04, 2014
asalimpo:

what dyu know about sadism.
You know nothing.
You were never in,not to think of givg up.
Ur statement is hogwash and prooves nothg.
If you can agree with a governmnt decision to blow up a plane with terrorists killing all on board rather than let the plane crash land into a residential district and incinerating many then ur a hypocrit.
You hav no case.
If u can agree with a doctor amputating a gangrenous limb or a cancerous body part to save the rest of d body then ur deliberately blind and biased not to see the wisdom of God in wiping his own creation tht had gone evil.
God wiped out sodom and gomorrah by incinerating them.
God swallowed up rebellious oppsition to moses in earth quake.
God judges and deals with sin.
God dethroned a king for disobeying his orders.
You want a God who winks at sin? Look for another God.
Thts y during military rule crime rate plummets. Why?
No nonsense leadership!
Too late for unnecessary cover up! Your comment up there shows you are a sadist. How are you different from shekau of BH and the ISIS guys? Let me quote your Sadistic comment again for more emphasis
asalimpo:

5 Likes

Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by davien(m): 4:48pm On Oct 04, 2014
asalimpo:
@davien
you don't believe in witches,wizards,dragons, talking snakes.

Keep it in context.
Your goal is primarily to make d bible look ridiculous. That's ur goal.
Not to objectively arrive at a conclusion bothering on it's claims.
Proving, you decisions for atheism or against christianity ARE NOT LOGIC DRIVEN . Not being logical, debates ar smokescreens.
So y dont u and fellow atheists simply admit - u want to b atheist out of free will instead of outof,supposedly cold objectivism.
Boy settle down....you don't know squat about logic....why i have an objection against all religions are simple....i live in a social society....a society that has most of its membersvthat believe things not based on any valid reason that can be discussed among members of that society tend to make decisions that harm others....it is in my best interest to believe things based on the truth......that is why people who have invalid reason to believe things are kept in mental institutions....

You accept a world emerging from a cosmic mistake!
Man being d only intelligent lifeform when this would b randomly implausible. You stomach it.
Take ur stance stop being a hypocrite.
Trying to b logical wen ur mind is closed to any other view.
"cosmic mistake"? and i'm the mind closed to any view?.....cosmologists didn't just wake up one day and claimed the universe existed from an infinitesimal unit...it is backed by mathematical and observational evidence....namely red shift effect....cosmic lensing...isotropy of the cosmos etc and you believe a jewish transcendent being made it with magic?

Fyi,josephus documented and commented extensively on biblical events from the early OT stories to d crucifixion of christ etc.
Besides, they are many established bible commentators and historians.
You can't argue. You point is inadmissible.
documented?....documentations are eye-witness accounts and he made records of the myths he had heard.....even you should understand that when he always approached on it as "the so called christ"
U made a foolish comment about one usg a cell phone if there was a 4th dimension!
How is this a point?
didn't the bible tell you calling one a fool makes you in danger of hell....what a hypocrite cheesy and i was pointing out to you that since you think like a 4th dimensional entity like a black hole.....why do you use 3rd dimensional objects to spread your warped view of reality?

The ridicule of dragons,talking snakes, talking donkies,
etc is meant to do wat?
Prove they aint real or the event didnt happen?

The goal is simply to cast the event in modern day light,
to make it look ridiculous.
But this doesnt address the issue of it being true or not.
Talking snake- a snake possessed and used by a foreign entity.
Dragon- another name for the devil. Described in the book of revelations and the war in heaven.
Again, explicitly implying a 4th dimension and a non physcal realm.
The figure of a dragon could b actual or symbolic.
Witches ,wizards - if u are in this world and ridiculing this than ur a hollow hypocrit.
Western worlds acknowledge witchcraft.
Halloween celebrates it.
Africa practices it.
It seems u just spewing without thinking,typical atheist ridicule.
lol...i'm spewing things without thinking?.... you're the one claiming christians should think like a 4th dimensional black hole cheesy without knowing what the 4th dimension is...

Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Image123(m): 4:51pm On Oct 04, 2014
kevoh:

Too late for unnecessary cover up! Your comment up there shows you are a sadist. How are you different from shekau of BH and the ISIS guys? Let me quote your Sadistic comment again for more emphasis

You reap what you sow, its that simple, nothing sadistic about it.
The guy is different because Jesus is Lord, no other.
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Image123(m): 5:00pm On Oct 04, 2014
Psalms 137:7 Remember, O LORD, the children of Edom in the day of Jerusalem; who said, Rase it, rase it, even to the foundation thereof. 137:8 O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us. 137:9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

In the new testament, we by grace pray for and bless our enemies, not because they deserve it. But because we have the grace. Nothing wrong with being rewarded as you have served others.
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by davien(m): 5:04pm On Oct 04, 2014
Image123:

oh bloody hell!!!!! you support the killing of babies?! so you would offer your baby so that a priest would smash it on a stone if he told you "god" told him to? :O

And they say i'm illogical when i say sadistic theists should be in mental institutions?

3 Likes

Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by kevoh(m): 5:08pm On Oct 04, 2014
Image123:

So is it right to kill babies by dashing them against a rock? I need a YES or NO answer don't sugarcoat it.

1 Like

Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Image123(m): 5:09pm On Oct 04, 2014
davien:
oh bloody hell!!!!! you support the killing of babies?! so you would offer your baby so that a priest would smash it on a stone if he told you "god" told him to? :O

And they say i'm illogical when i say sadistic theists should be in mental institutions?

bloodless heaven, i didn't smash anyone's baby on a stone. You're illogical to ask me to accept such offer of payback.
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by davien(m): 5:09pm On Oct 04, 2014
Image123:

In the new testament, we by grace pray for and bless our enemies, not because they deserve it. But because we have the grace. Nothing wrong with being rewarded as you have served others.
whether you cheery coat it as "saved by grace" or not...it is evil and its funny how you are claiming your "god" was a sadistic blood thirsty maniac who got mental help in the new testament.....
This is supposedly a "god of love" oh! shocked and its happy to see babies get their head smashed..if you take your morals from this...you are just as sadistic as the character of "god" being portrayed...how do you sleep at night after reading this?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Image123(m): 5:10pm On Oct 04, 2014
kevoh:

So is it right to kill babies by dashing them against a rock? I need a YES or NO answer don't sugarcoat it.
Psalms 137:7 Remember, O LORD, the children of Edom in the day of Jerusalem; who said, Rase it, rase it, even to the foundation thereof. 137:8 O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us. 137:9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by davien(m): 5:12pm On Oct 04, 2014
Image123:

bloodless heaven, i didn't smash anyone's baby on a stone. You're illogical to ask me to accept such offer of payback.
what "offer of payback" did i give i asked you a simple question.....will you give up your baby to be brutally killed this way if your pastor told you "god" commanded him to?
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Image123(m): 5:13pm On Oct 04, 2014
davien:
whether you cheery coat it as "saved by grace" or not...it is evil and its funny how you are claiming your "god" was a sadistic blood thirsty maniac who got mental help in the new testament.....
This is supposedly a "god of love" oh! shocked and its happy to see babies get their head smashed..if you take your morals from this...you are just as sadistic as the character of "god" being portrayed...how do you sleep at night after reading this?

I have not the faintest idea of any blood thirsty maniac who got mental help. Where do you get your morals? Do you believe there should be payback? Do you feel people should reap what they sow?
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Image123(m): 5:17pm On Oct 04, 2014
davien:
what "offer of payback" did i give i asked you a simple question.....will you give up your baby to be brutally killed this way if your pastor told you "god" commanded him to?

i answered this already.

If i have served others so.
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by kevoh(m): 5:20pm On Oct 04, 2014
Image123:

Just give me a YES or NO answer. I didn't ask for all these tales by moonlight you are writing here.
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by davien(m): 5:22pm On Oct 04, 2014
Image123:

I have not the faintest idea of any blood thirsty maniac who got mental help. Where do you get your morals? Do you believe there should be payback? Do you feel people should reap what they sow?
I believe all disputes that cannot be solved mutually between two or more parties can be resolved through the court of law....any punishment given should affect the offenders given and/or accomplices if they are at the age of willful intent as ordained by the society with the exclusion of torture or death.....

I'm human....and that resolve above took me 20 seconds....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by That2: 5:24pm On Oct 04, 2014
Oh! They have started with these new testaments grace bullshìt! More pics for you!

1 Like

Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by That2: 5:27pm On Oct 04, 2014
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by egift(m): 5:31pm On Oct 04, 2014
davien:
and how this all started was just a simple correction about an einstein quote.....before bullets of "you're an atheist!" started flowing....

Even on the Einstein quote, you were wrong by claiming he did not say it.

1. As I pointed out earlier, that quote was from an Einstein’s essay titled “Science and Religion,”. Published by Lesiker and Arnold V - St Cloud State University, in 1954. Whether you agree in his postulation or not, is up for debate and has been so since day one.

2. BTW, I have severally asked if you are an atheist, you refused to answer a simple Yes or No.
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by davien(m): 5:35pm On Oct 04, 2014
egift:

Even on the Einstein quote, you were wrong by claiming he did not say it.

1. As I pointed out earlier, that quote was from an Einstein’s essay titled “Science and Religion,”. Published by Lesiker and Arnold V - St Cloud State University, in 1954. Whether you agree in his postulation or not, is up for debate and has been so since day one.

2. BTW, I have severally asked if you are an atheist, you refused to answer a simple Yes or No.

an essay refrenced him saying such...and a reply to a rabi debunked him of believing in any "god" his objection to anyone being "children of god" should be easy for you to grasp and please quote where you asked me if i was an atheist... he wrote that reply to a friend of his trying to force bullsh!t down his throat and replied he took the bible as mere childs play'
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by egift(m): 5:41pm On Oct 04, 2014
davien:
an essay refrenced him saying such...and a reply to a rabi debunked him of believing in any "god" his objection to anyone being "children of god" should be easy for you to grasp and please quote where you asked me if i was an atheist...

1. The Rabi's debunking is on the implication of the statement and not like you who said the statement was not made.

2. Read my comments in the first page, I asked twice.

So let me ask for the last time: Davien, are you an Atheist? - Yes or No - (don't ignore it again)
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by davien(m): 5:43pm On Oct 04, 2014
[url] http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Albert_Einstein [/url]

" Einstein was raised by secular Jewish parents. In his
Autobiographical Notes, Einstein wrote that he had gradually lost his
faith early in childhood"
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by davien(m): 5:45pm On Oct 04, 2014
egift:

1. The Rabi's debunking is on the implication of the statement and not like you who said the statement was not made.

2. Read my comments in the first page, I asked twice.

So let me ask for the last time: Davien, are you an Atheist? - Yes or No - (don't ignore it again)
lol....now you have asked and my reply is yes.... shocked

1 Like

Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by macof(m): 5:47pm On Oct 04, 2014
Dapo777:
One thing I have noticed is that Christians,I mean staunch Christians have formed deep emotional attachment with "Yahweh". It's just like When you love someone deeply, no matter What negative thing another person might tell you about your lover,you won't believe it nor want to accept it because of the emotional attachment you have with the person,you would only think the person is jealous.
The same thing applies to Christians,They are emotionally bonded to "Yahweh" so whatever negative thing you say or imply or that you are driving at, would be opposed logically or illogically,because "Yahweh" is So dear to their heart you shouldn't mess with "him/it/her" .

If you want to have a reasonable debate with Christians first make them understand that you do not hate "Yahweh", that you are not against Christianity, that you don't think their belief is silly,you just have to appeal to their emotions first and respect their beliefs.

How do I know?

I was once a staunch Christian too,and I have had arguments with atheists as a Christian, the reason why I never saw any sense in whatever logical explanations They gave was because I thought They were only against God,I thought They were never Christians and that They aren't good people, more frightening I thought They were sent from the devil,I even thought some of them aren't ordinary humans,Yes you heard me right. I thought They were demons in human forms,So automatically whatever They say would never make any sense to me because I would never support Satan and I would always support God,I was fighting for God,and I thought God was smiling in heaven saying "That's my son" ,who knows? He could be smiling......Lol......

Being in their position once, I understand perfectly why a plainly logical statement from an atheist would NEVER convince a staunch Christian. Even If a Christian attacks me for this thread,I totally understand why.

Trust me that is exactly What the British Christians did to make primitive yorubas renounce their gods for "Yahweh" and That's the same way you can make them............you know the rest..........

Lmao. True yarn o
Although I was never a staunch Christian, I once loved Jesus like I was gay grin
watching passion of Christ made me cry severely
Back then for you to tell me this Jesus was jst a dead and rotten Jew I would call u demon grin

Thanks to my ancestors that never left me, I regained my consciousness

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Christian Hip Hop: A Look At The New Trend / The Mystery Behind Sexual Temptations / 30 Prayer Points For Help From Above.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.