Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,066 members, 7,821,669 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. (19371 Views)

5 Reasons Why Atheists Are Wrong! / Why Atheists Can't Convince Staunch Christians/muslims (real Reason) / 3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Generally Better Than Christians During Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by macof(m): 12:53pm On Oct 05, 2014
asalimpo:

i dare say ,if you were a christian ever, you never knew the reason you believed. And you never had any real relationship with God so He wasnt real to you. Everything u did was all dry meaningless motion, it doesnt take long for you to get tired of the hypocrisy and throw in d towel.
Especially when u see ur fellow christians living double lives .

The reason every Christian born believes all the ridiculous Christian dogmas is because of
1. The people around him/her- family and church force it on him from childhood
A stage when he is too fragile minded and easily deceived into anything
2. The Christian born has only ever known the Christian dogmas to the mysteries of the universe...he has nothing to compare and contrast with
3. The fear of hell and eternal damnation keeps the Christian born captured

3 Likes

Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Image123(m): 2:19pm On Oct 06, 2014
davien:
really...so innocent babies sowed killing......remember this is an alleged being you tag "just" and merciful to.... undecided
My morality is a secular one....and it is derived by mutual respect and care for the best interest of people to minimize or cease harm....with respect for peoples rights...

No, innocent babies went to a better place while their parents reaped what they sowed. That is just and merciful as it gets.
Your morality is baseless and fickle, very much subject to change in whim. Indeed, emotion can deceive.
Psalms 7:11 God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day. 7:12 If he turn not, he will whet his sword; he hath bent his bow, and made it ready. 7:13 He hath also prepared for him the instruments of death; he ordaineth his arrows against the persecutors.
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Image123(m): 2:29pm On Oct 06, 2014
Dapo777:

What's wrong with the request? undecided

What's wrong with the answer i gave? Is it okay to demand a YES or NO? What do you think?
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by davien(m): 2:32pm On Oct 06, 2014
Image123:

No, innocent babies went to a better place while their parents reaped what they sowed. That is just and merciful as it gets.
Your morality is baseless and fickle, very much subject to change in whim. Indeed, emotion can deceive.
Psalms 7:11 God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day. 7:12 If he turn not, he will whet his sword; he hath bent his bow, and made it ready. 7:13 He hath also prepared for him the instruments of death; he ordaineth his arrows against the persecutors.
kevoh please come and see this oh! :O ....
lol.....first you said it was a just act and it served as payback....now the innocent babies were killed while parents reaped what they sowed
was every parent a soldier?...and with what mercy is there in killing a baby by smashing its head in rocks?!

YOU'VE LOST YOUR MORAL COMPASS....YOU ARE PURELY SADISTIC!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by davien(m): 2:34pm On Oct 06, 2014
and how do you know they went to a better place when "god" was allegedly mad enough to order them killed by smashing their skulls....
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by kevoh(m): 2:44pm On Oct 06, 2014
davien:
kevoh please come and see this oh! :O ....
lol.....first you said it was a just act and it served as payback....now the innocent babies were killed while parents reaped what they sowed
was every parent a soldier?...and with what mercy is there in killing a baby by smashing its head in rocks?!

YOU'VE LOST YOUR MORAL COMPASS....YOU ARE PURELY SADISTIC!
smiley Davien...I've decided not to engage such SADISTS in any meaningful discussion till they realise their folly. These guys lack moral and are completely wicked ( just like Boko Haram and ISIS) and will kill in defence of their god they just have not realised it yet.
If they existed during the spanish inquisition I'm sure they will be one of the top executioners.

1 Like

Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by davien(m): 2:48pm On Oct 06, 2014
kevoh:

smiley Davien...I've decided not to engage such SADISTS in any meaningful discussion till they realise their folly. These guys lack moral and are completely wicked ( just like Boko Haram and ISIS) and will kill in defence of their god they just have not realised it yet.
If they existed during the spanish inquisition I'm sure they will be one of the top executioners.
absolutely true...
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Image123(m): 3:36pm On Oct 06, 2014
davien:
and how do you know they went to a better place when "god" was allegedly mad enough to order them killed by smashing their skulls....
When did God order anyone to be killed by smashing their skulls?
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by davien(m): 4:08pm On Oct 06, 2014
Image123:

It's a little too late to lie....don't you think psalm 137;9

" Verse 9. - Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little
ones against the stones"
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Image123(m): 4:29pm On Oct 06, 2014
davien:
It's a little too late to lie....don't you think psalm 137;9

" Verse 9. - Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little
ones against the stones"

It's a little early to make insinuations. Is that an order? From who and to who?
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by davien(m): 4:55pm On Oct 06, 2014
Image123:

It's a little early to make insinuations. Is that an order? From who and to who?
lol....so you don't know your on bible... interesting
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Image123(m): 5:21pm On Oct 06, 2014
davien:
lol....so you don't know your on bible... interesting

Interesting, you can't tell me who ordered and to who.
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Mavrick2012: 5:22pm On Oct 06, 2014
egift:

Let him say and defend it. We want to hear his testimony and personal experiences.

In religion, people have individual experiences - be it Hindu, Islam, Christianity, etc - Even the Native Doctor in my village did not believe his Oracle on hear-say - He has personal experiences that proves to him that the Oracle has power.
but,sir
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by davien(m): 5:37pm On Oct 06, 2014
Image123:

Interesting, you can't tell me who ordered and to who.
lol......i just can't stop laughing... cheesy

Repeating my questions when faced with a question you can't answer because the bible you shove down peoples throat' you don't bother to read yourself......lmao!
cheesy

your "psychopath yahweh" ordered "his people" to kill the "suckling infants" by dashing their heads on rocks... this is the being you derive moral values from mind you!
cheesy
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Image123(m): 7:03pm On Oct 06, 2014
davien:
lol......i just can't stop laughing... cheesy

Repeating my questions when faced with a question you can't answer because the bible you shove down peoples throat' you don't bother to read yourself......lmao!
cheesy

your "psychopath yahweh" ordered "his people" to kill the "suckling infants" by dashing their heads on rocks... this is the being you derive moral values from mind you!
cheesy

i missed it. Where did Yahweh order His people?
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 07, 2014
Image123:

it is so glaring that you guys dont even read your so called holy book before coming out to rant.

Another popular example.
Have you forgotten when God told Saul to kill the amaelekites, everything(children, women)?
Even when saul saw that it was wrong, he was punished by our good lord.

So much from a so called loving god.

I can give u plenty examples of the psychotic acts of our merciful god.

1 Like

Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Image123(m): 8:46pm On Oct 07, 2014
Peterken05:

it is so glaring that you guys dont even read your so called holy book before coming out to rant.

Another popular example.
Have you forgotten when God told Saul to kill the amaelekites, everything(children, women)?
Even when saul saw that it was wrong, he was punished by our good lord.

So much from a so called loving god.

I can give u plenty examples of the psychotic acts of our merciful god.

This is a glaring reason why atheists cannot convince any right thinking person. Psalm 137 doesn't show God ordering anyone to do anything. Yet you want to force your opinion on the verse like you lack comprehension. It's shame on every atheist who thinks this blindly.
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 07, 2014
Image123:

This is a glaring reason why atheists cannot convince any right thinking person. Psalm 137 doesn't show God ordering anyone to do anything. Yet you want to force your opinion on the verse like you lack comprehension. It's shame on every atheist who thinks this blindly.

the problem with you guys is that you keep thinking like a psychopath, these are gory acts in the bible and you still saying god doesnt command anybody, who wrote/inspired those people that wrote the bible?
Why are these things in the bible in the 1st place?
Why does your god find pleasure in all these acts?
Why does your condone these acts (even if he doesnt command it)?

-cruetly to children
-cruetly to women
-slavery e.t.c

here are some, check the rest yourself.

Psalm 137:8-9; O daughter of Babylon, doomed to destruction,
happy is he who repays you for what you have done for us,
he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rock.
1 Samuel 15:3; Now go, attack the amalekites and totally destroy
everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them, put to
death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep,
camels and donkeys
Isaiah 13:16-19; their infants will be dashed to pieces before their
eyes; their houses will be looted and their wives ravished. Their
bows will strike down the young men; they will have no mercy
on infants nor will they look with compassion on children,
Babylon the jewel of kingdoms, the glory of Babylonians pride
will be overthrown by God like Sodom and Gomorrah
Hosea 13:16; the people of Samaria must be their guilt, because
they have rebelled against their god. They will fall by the sword,
their little ones will be dashed to the ground, and their pregnant
women ripped open
Revelation 2:20-23; you tolerate that woman jezebel who calls
herself a prophetess, I will strike her children dead.

1 Like

Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Image123(m): 9:45pm On Oct 07, 2014
Peterken05:

the problem with you guys is that you keep thinking like a psychopath, these are gory acts in the bible and you still saying god doesnt command anybody, who wrote/inspired those people that wrote the bible?
Why are these things in the bible in the 1st place?
Why does your god find pleasure in all these acts?
Why does your condone these acts (even if he doesnt command it)?

-cruetly to children
-cruetly to women
-slavery e.t.c

here are some, check the rest yourself.

Psalm 137:8-9; O daughter of Babylon, doomed to destruction,
happy is he who repays you for what you have done for us,
he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rock.
1 Samuel 15:3; Now go, attack the amalekites and totally destroy
everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them, put to
death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep,
camels and donkeys
Isaiah 13:16-19; their infants will be dashed to pieces before their
eyes; their houses will be looted and their wives ravished. Their
bows will strike down the young men; they will have no mercy
on infants nor will they look with compassion on children,
Babylon the jewel of kingdoms, the glory of Babylonians pride
will be overthrown by God like Sodom and Gomorrah
Hosea 13:16; the people of Samaria must be their guilt, because
they have rebelled against their god. They will fall by the sword,
their little ones will be dashed to the ground, and their pregnant
women ripped open
Revelation 2:20-23; you tolerate that woman jezebel who calls
herself a prophetess, I will strike her children dead.
Put the cards on the ground and behave. Throwing tantrums wouldn not further any solutions your way?
1. Did God order anyone to do anything in Psalm 137:9? That's where we are.
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by mazaje(m): 10:23pm On Oct 07, 2014
See the god image claims is the epitome of love, mercy and compassion. . .Here his shameless rants from the bible. . .

Amos 4:9-12

“Many times I struck your gardens and vineyards,
destroying them with blight and mildew.
Locusts devoured your fig and olive trees,
yet you have not returned to me,”
declares the Lord.

“I sent plagues among you
as I did to Egypt.
I killed your young men with the sword,
along with your captured horses.
I filled your nostrils with the stench of your camps,
declares the Lord.

“I overthrew some of you
as I overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.
You were like a burning stick snatched from the fire,
declares the Lord.

“Therefore this is what I will do to you, Israel,
and because I will do this to you, Israel,
prepare to meet your God.”

No where did satan say any thing close to this in the bible. . .The koran actually contains nothing like this from allah. . .Yet we are to believe that the god spewing such childless tantrums if the source of human morality , love , mercy, compassion and kindness. . .NONSENSE!!. . .
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 07, 2014
Image123:

Put the cards on the ground and behave. Throwing tantrums wouldn not further any solutions your way?

are you serious?

Psalm 137:8-9; O daughter of Babylon, doomed to
destruction,
HAPPY IS HE WHO REPAYS YOU FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE FOR US,
HE WHO SEIZES YOUR INFANTS AND DASHES THEM AGAINST THE ROCK.

You can tell me its david ( a man after god heart).
But the bible as you say is the word of god.
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 07, 2014
Image123:

So who is the "he" in psalm 137:9 is it not Yahweh They are calling "he" in dat verse?
Is it that u don't understand ur Bible or u Ar acting dumb?

1 Like

Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 07, 2014
Image123:

Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Image123(m): 12:08am On Oct 08, 2014
Peterken05:

are you serious?

Psalm 137:8-9; O daughter of Babylon, doomed to
destruction,
HAPPY IS HE WHO REPAYS YOU FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE FOR US,
HE WHO SEIZES YOUR INFANTS AND DASHES THEM AGAINST THE ROCK.

You can tell me its david ( a man after god heart).
But the bible as you say is the word of god.

One step at a time, is that verse or passage an order? Are you serious or jumping to hasty conclusion?
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Image123(m): 12:14am On Oct 08, 2014
Dapo777:

So who is the "he" in psalm 137:9 is it not Yahweh They are calling "he" in dat verse?
Is it that u don't understand ur Bible or u Ar acting dumb?

Psalms 137:9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

Oh so now, God is the 'he'? You've just got to nail Him anyhow ain't it? The accusation was that God ordered His people to smash heads, now you're insinuating that He's the one smashing.
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Nobody: 12:49am On Oct 08, 2014
Image123:

One step at a time, is that verse or passage an order? Are you serious or jumping to hasty conclusion?

why not tell me what it is? I dont wanna jump to hasty conclusions.
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Image123(m): 1:56am On Oct 08, 2014
Peterken05:

why not tell me what it is? I dont wanna jump to hasty conclusions.

You already jumped, and you barely looked before leaping, and you're badly hurt. So badly it might be paralysed, you don't feel it. Try again, is that verse an order?
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 08, 2014
Image123:

Psalms 137:9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

Oh so now, God is the 'he'? You've just got to nail Him anyhow ain't it? The accusation was that God ordered His people to smash heads, now you're insinuating that He's the one smashing.

Ok let me also assume the "he" is not Yahweh for the sake of argument, why is happiness promised to "he" that smash Babylon's baby on rock? Why is smashing of babies encouraged in the "holy" Bible? If u ignore this question like you usually do other difficult questions I would assume u Av accepted ur folly.
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 08, 2014
Image123:

You already jumped, and you barely looked before leaping, and you're badly hurt. So badly it might be paralysed, you don't feel it. Try again, is that verse an order?

He already accepted that he jumped into conclusion,why don't u tell him What psalm 137:9 is rather than beating around the bush.
This is What Christians do When They are faced with difficult questions. They start beating around the bush to escape the question and hide their folly.
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by BrotherJohn: 9:28am On Oct 08, 2014
Dapo777:

He already accepted that he jumped into conclusion,why don't u tell him What psalm 137:9 is rather than beating around the bush.
This is What Christians do When They are faced with difficult questions. They start beating around the bush to escape the question and hide their folly.

To an extent, I like it when Christians are challenged to go back and STUDY their Bibles. I am really NOT interested in arguments, but let me point out that if only Christians would truly study and understand their Bibles, they would not only be better witnesses, but they would enjoy more peace in their lives.

To put straight your quote, let us look at different versions that clarify this statement of Psalm 137 verse 9:

(ASV) Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones Against the rock.

(BBE) Happy is the man who takes your little ones, crushing them against the rocks.

(Bishops) Blessed shall he be: that taketh & throweth thy litle children against the stone.

(Brenton) Blessed shall he be who shall seize and dash thine infants against the rock.

(CEV) May the Lord bless everyone who beats your children against the rocks!

(Darby) Happy he that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the rock.

(ERV) Bless the one who grabs your babies and smashes them against a rock.

(ESV) Blessed shall he be who takes your little ones and dashes them against the rock!

(Geneva) Blessed shall he be that taketh and dasheth thy children against the stones.

(GNB) who take your babies and smash them against a rock.

(GW) Blessed is the one who grabs your little children and smashes them against a rock.

(ISV) How blessed will be the one who seizes your young children and pulverizes them against the cliff!

(JPS) Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the rock.

(JUB) Happy shall he be, that takes and dashes thy offspring against the stones.

(KJV) Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

(KJV-1611) Happy shall he be that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

(KJV-BRG) Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

(LEB) Happy shall be he who seizes and smashes your children against the rock.

(LITV) Blessed is he who seizes your little ones and dashes them against the stone!

(MKJV) Blessed is he who seizes and dashes your little ones against the stones.

(RV) Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the rock.

(Webster) Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

(YLT) O the happiness of him who doth seize, And hath dashed thy sucklings on the rock!

It is apparent that Yahweh pronounces a blessing on the one who smashes the head of Babylon's baby. However, what you have also failed to acknowledge is that this is a prophecy regarding the End of Days, of which are now experiencing. See my article:
http://brotherjohn.org/mystery-of-the-end-of-days/
&
http://brotherjohn.org/woman-of-revelation-12-and-the-man-child/

I have taken time to explain these things in those two articles.

You must understand who Babylon is and who the suckling child of Babylon is as well.

Babylon is after YOUR destruction EOS.
The baby of Babylon is the system, by which it wants to carry it out in YOUR life.

It is sad, when people don't understand what God is truly saying and they reach unreasonable conclusions. I pray and hope that you will understand these things and see that God is not after your ill, but your well-being, if only you will care as much for your life, too.

God Bless
Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 08, 2014
@brotherjohn Where did u get ur own interpretation that the baby there refers to the system by Which it wants to carry it out?
What is ur source, I want to know.

1 Like

Re: The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 08, 2014
you still dont get it.

Why would a loving god smash innocent children head on rocks?

If god is all that powerful why cant he use another alternative instead using violent? Why cant he perform magic on their minds and they'd change overnight?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze: Proverbs, Psalms Not Written By Christians, Not Good For Doctrine / How I Escaped Drowning In Mpoto River, In Awka Anambra State / What Did Jesus Mean By "The Poor Will Always Be Among You"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.