Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,920 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp (5589 Views)

Osinbajo, Ambode Dance At Redeemed Convention (Photos) / Federal Government Should Ban Hijab In Public Places / FG And Senate Should Ban Nomadic Cattle Rearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by Blackfire(m): 8:13am On Oct 04, 2014
people using there religion to disturb others is that not wickedness
Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by onatisi(m): 8:29am On Oct 04, 2014
kennyjubris: Senseless Topic
because you have never been caught in it. Wait till you then you will know how serious this issue is. @topic,I don't think govt should wait for something bad to happen before finding a solution to this problem. If it means creating an additional lane on the side of the church then maybe that should be done .
Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by sunkoye: 8:45am On Oct 04, 2014
Op....would govt seal of your employer's office too because you are driving recklessly or probably hit sum1 on your way to work?

I fink its better to suggest solutions to the traffic than been unnecessarily extreme.

Besides, only a military govt can attempt what you are asking for.and the end can still go either way.
Pele.
Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by 2special(m): 9:14am On Oct 04, 2014
yesterday and today traffic was caused by bad road,flooding and trailers parking on the road
Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by zeelo2014: 9:37am On Oct 04, 2014
Donfamous:
mumu do u think d govt will allow the church to build a fly over?
You talk without knowing what u are saying, ask bishop oyedepo, when he wanted to construct the road to his church, y he was stopped, its either he pays d money to d govt's account or he keeps his money, and when he pays it, what's the assurance that the money won't be looted. Stop d hatred man
Thanks for calling me a mumu. The flyover currently constructed by deeperlife in gbagada, is it a FG or LASG project? go figure
Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by philantoxx(m): 9:49am On Oct 04, 2014
closing the camp is a non issue.get a life OP.
Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by VANHELLSING: 10:33am On Oct 04, 2014
dridowu:
I will always support any ban against religion activity on the expressway. My 2003 experience at the lagos-ibadan expressway is fresh in my memory till date, from sagamu-mowe took me 9hrs.
#teambanthemall
Bloody muslim, I don't expect anything reasonable from you undecided
Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by Dbestmax(m): 10:42am On Oct 04, 2014
Op don't make posts under anger...it spoils things..u can't be asking for d scrapping of a holyGround before God gets angry with u...do u knw hw many hecres of land lie der..besides ds camping we're speaking is jst once a year...so watch ur tongue bro
Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by macklef(m): 10:56am On Oct 04, 2014
Mehn, am a victim to this too. Dey have dumb organization. That Lag-Ibd expressway is too narrow to accomodate the influx of people in that road during the 3days programme. Those that ploughed that road yesterday spent over 5hours. Some arrived this morning sef.
Thats sheer wickedness, inconviniencing other people for what. Instead of having just 1 camp in the nation why dont they create camps in diffrent states or location to ease dis congestion.. Its a bad experience mehn
Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by macklef(m): 11:00am On Oct 04, 2014
VANHELLSING:
Am a Christian, you havnt xperienced it, so u might feel hes overboard. In as much as an outright ban may be too much, certain regulations has to come to play.
Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by chacoonder(m): 11:34am On Oct 04, 2014
Acidosis:
Rubbish comments from a rat

The largest Church (Yoido Gospel Church) in the whole world is situated in Seoul, directly across Korea's National Assembly with a population of about 830,000 in

FYI, I avoid crowd as well, I also do not worship at RCCG, but I hate it when people try to block the mental and reasoning faculties of the populace. If you do not know how to control your crowd, go and make inquiries from South Koreans. Thank you.
Mr dumb head, do u knw that Seoul is amongst the cities with the best road network in the world?..Not only that, they also have one of the most beautifully crafted subway system u can find anywhere on this planet.All these are facilities that has been put in place to tackle any form of traffic menace...I dont wnt to say much, but when next u want to juxtapose, think deeply and also make sure that the entities involved are relevant to each other.tnk u
Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by FunnyPikincom(m): 11:52am On Oct 04, 2014
marv1:
OP U want to die. When God called smbody to do smthing u want him to undo it. u be God. People die everyday anywhere. If u are jobless pls find smthing to do. Ok.
Which Phone God take Call am? Na Nokia abi TECNO? undecided undecided Mtchew
Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 04, 2014
balaclava:
U r asking Jona to Ban the Camp? Jona who is still thinking of hw he will still go to the camp n pray about 2015 election. If Jona hear dz ur request e fit ban u from passing dt Lag/Ibadan Xpress way 4ever. Ur request no go pass this page! No vex
THANK U JOR
Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by dridowu: 11:57am On Oct 04, 2014
VANHELLSING:
I took my time to check your previous post, i found out that you hardly comment without using "words" so because of this i will leave you to continue in your ignorance so as not stain my plain white with your red oil. For your info, check my previous post randomly, then you will have an idea of whom am i.

Peace
Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by Xano(m): 12:02pm On Oct 04, 2014
Until the roads are repaired and dual carriage, everyone using the route has to endure the stress. Camp inside town, people complain. Outskirts of town, people complain. Well, i heard space travel has taxi service. The moon is spacious. Op, what do you think?
Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 04, 2014
Mention:
Well what can I say??
Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 04, 2014
.OP Tabspear....I dont know if you are a christian, i dont want to know but if u are its bc pity. Maybe you should read your post again and see if there was anything logical you said, u are a citizen go and tell the president and not us. If you were sensible enough u should know that the road should be expanded and that lies the problem and not the church. Dont point accusing fingers at GOD. NOTHING PERSONAL
Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by egopersonified(f): 12:34pm On Oct 04, 2014
chacoonder:
Mr dumb head, do u knw that Seoul is amongst the cities with the best road network in the world?..Not only that, they also have one of the most beautifully crafted subway system u can find anywhere on this planet.All these are facilities that has been put in place to tackle any form of traffic menace...I dont wnt to say much, but when next u want to juxtapose, think deeply and also make sure that the entities involved are relevant to each other.tnk u

I think he referred to Seoul as a place that has been able to manage their crowd and traffic and something Nigeria should immitate.
Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by masseratti: 12:54pm On Oct 04, 2014
To put the records straight, yesterday traffic was not caused by redeem camp,i was on that road yesterday from 7am to 7pm on my way to ilorin
Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by Acidosis(m): 12:59pm On Oct 04, 2014
egopersonified:

I think he referred to Seoul as a place that has been able to manage their crowd and traffic and something Nigeria should immitate.
Thank you ma'am smiley
Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by ancashy(f): 1:20pm On Oct 04, 2014
Very funny,hoLd up on that road is always attributed to rccg,NASFAT is on that road,I wonder what muslims will say when their members become huge too,if u live around those towns(mowe,ibafo,arepo e.t.c). Or travel on that road frequently u'll know hold up happens frequently camp activities or not..Epecially on weekends or national celebrations cos of those travelling home,the road simply needs expansion and rehabilitation.
Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by ikeyman00(m): 1:26pm On Oct 04, 2014
@@@@

this is for those foolish igbo that waste their time looking for water to turn to wine

u just dnt get it and im afraid u may never till u die

anyway stay in tune with www.radiobiafra.co

suffering and smiling in hell is a total disrespect to chukwu okike that made u

going to all these oduduwa churches where they use your money to buy private jet will not save u and will never

u cannot live and die a fool! a dead body is a dead body

take your time off to reflect nevermind the blue eye Jesus u hung on your wall
Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 04, 2014
OP the Governor of Ogun State Ibikunle Amosun should rather control the activities of those religious houses and camps. The MFM and Redeemed are worse. The muslim camp, deeper life camp and Assemblies Camp don't usually cause traffic but only RCCG and MFM. The Governor should step in and control their activities so as not to hurt road users returning frm their place of work. The President should also fix that Lagos/Ibadan road especially from berger to Mowe axis. This is becoming embarrassing to say the list.Mr E.A Adeboye should be called to order

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 04, 2014
ancashy:
Very funny,hoLd up on that road is always attributed to rccg,NASFAT is on that road,I wonder what muslims will say when their members become huge too,if u live around those towns(mowe,ibafo,arepo e.t.c). Or travel on that road frequently u'll know hold up happens frequently camp activities or not..Epecially on weekends or national celebrations cos of those travelling home,the road simply needs expansion and rehabilitation.
NASFAT and Deeper Life camps don't cause much traffic, in fact the Deeper Life camp as I am aware of has been decentralised to their local regions/zones- only few ppl attend the camp ground except their retreat that holds two times every year. The NASFAT program starts late @ nite and it causes little or no traffic due to their own traffic management. I ply the road regularly
Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by omenka(m): 1:55pm On Oct 04, 2014
Tabspear:
Blablablabla....
One word: Impossible!!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 04, 2014
ikeyman00:
@@@@

this is for those foolish igbo that waste their time looking for water to turn to wine

u just dnt get it and im afraid u may never till u die

anyway stay in tune with www.radiobiafra.co

suffering and smiling in hell is a total disrespect to chukwu okike that made u

going to all these oduduwa churches where they use your money to buy private jet will not save u and will never

u cannot live and die a fool! a dead body is a dead body

take your time off to reflect nevermind the blue eye Jesus u hung on your wall
WHAT ARE U SAYING undecided

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by sevantex(m): 5:54pm On Oct 04, 2014
I was on that road for hours ystrday frm ogbomoso..,wasn't funny at all as I got home veri late...,@op.,bannin the camp isn't a solution at all..Some constructions on the road have contributed to d traffic on dt road..I personally tink the constructions should hasten up cos of d inflow of vehicles into lagos..,The road expansion going on is the main solution to that traffic wahala..., As an aside..my bus had to pass a lot of inner streets at ibadan wn d roads were blocked.,I was amazed at how crappy most of d roads were..,Wat is OYO state govt doin??..,he won't fix federal roads or HIS own roads..o ga!..God bless naija sha
Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by adconline(m): 6:09pm On Oct 04, 2014
egopersonified:
It is a dictator that would want to help others by depriving another from their rights. It takes a good leader to look for ways to satisfy both parties. What stops the govt from constructing good roads, have another road linking Lagos or even build a by-pass or over head bridge through that camp? Do you know there are foreigners who attend these camps and its a form of tourism, synagogue comes to mind. Instead of demanding our govt to trample on OUR rights, lets ask them to make our roads, infrastructures, economy, standard of living, etc better.
There is no absolute right. Your rights don't have to trample mine. That camp causes heavy traffic, thereby infringing on my right to freedom of movement. It also causes loss of economic activity, thereby depriving some folks right to earn a livelihood. It cause noise pollution and poses some health hazard.
It's time to stipulate health and environmental standards for these ministries given what happened at TB Joshua's synagogue
Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by egopersonified(f): 6:33pm On Oct 04, 2014
adconline:

There is no absolute right. Your rights don't have to trample mine. That camp causes heavy traffic, thereby infringing on my right to freedom of movement. It also causes loss of economic activity, thereby depriving some folks right to earn a livelihood. It cause noise pollution and poses some health hazard.
It's time to stipulate health and environmental standards for these ministries given what happened at TB Joshua's synagogue

They also have the right to associate and converge. Its left for the govt to put in place the health and environmental standards like you said and also infrastructures to ensure people can also go about their business and worship. If this monorail thing runs from benin to lagos and I can just step out and walk for fifteen minutes and be in camp, do you think people would still want to go in their vehicles? Pls note I am not a RCCG member and have never camped in any church before, but the fact that developed countries' systems are working is because they have provided the infrastructures and laws to put their people in check not because they are really disciplined. Has any Nigerian police officer ever arrested anyone for DUI? Our system has just got to change as we play our part to ensure we also behave appropriately and not be a nuisance to others. All the best.
Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by adconline(m): 6:40pm On Oct 04, 2014
egopersonified:

They also have the right to associate and converge. Its left for the govt to put in place the health and environmental standards like you said and also infrastructures to ensure people can also go about their business and worship. If this monorail thing runs from benin to lagos and I can just step out and walk for fifteen minutes and be in camp, do you think people would still want to go in their vehicles? Pls note I am not a RCCG member and have never camped in any church before, but the fact that developed countries' systems are working is because they have provided the infrastructures and laws to put their people in check not because they are really disciplined. Has any Nigerian police officer ever arrested anyone for DUI? Our system has just got to change as we play our part to ensure we also behave appropriately and not be a nuisance to others. All the best.
You can converge in house, but taking up public space like road is a violence of equal public access use. Littering of street and dumping trash on the road by congregants is a health hazard. Noise pollution is also health hazard. This is another catastrophe waiting to happen.
Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by ancashy(f): 7:04pm On Oct 04, 2014
barcanista:
NASFAT and Deeper Life camps don't cause much traffic, in fact the Deeper Life camp as I am aware of has been decentralised to their local regions/zones- only few ppl attend the camp ground except their retreat that holds two times every year. The NASFAT program starts late @ nite and it causes little or no traffic due to their own traffic management. I ply the road regularly
kindly re - read d post,emphasis on when NASFAT's members b come huge,mthly camp prg is also a vigil,ppl only go early cos of space,also camp has least 3 entrances and exits,and a road within d camp links it directly with ogijo shagam side,ask those staying around lotto,and nt all d tyme dey ave a prg is dere hold up,I still insist I do nt rhink dey are responsible or solely responsible just mindset
Re: Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp by Solphiequeen(f): 11:25pm On Oct 04, 2014
@op,I think u are being myopic(no offence). The redeemed camp is nt d cause of the above listed vices,morever d camp has tried in limiting d challenges faced by motorists on dat road by constructing another road that links to ikorodu.the problem does not stem directly frm d camp rather its as a result of bad road and d limited size of d road.
It is an express that is plied daily by quite a number of motorists and the truth be told I think d road needs extension.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Local Government Area Transition Committees List / Timi Alaibe's Home Bombed; 3 Killed / PDP National Leadership Swears In Enugu State EXCO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.