Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... - Culture (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... (43836 Views)

Your Intelligence Is Needed Here / Utter Ridiculous.. There Is Education And Then There Is Enlightenment / Your Votes Are Needed Here: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 6:28pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

@bold...corrected. Ndi jelu akwuwo na-amaro basic present tense na past tense. grin

InyinyaAgbaOku as usual will play blind to that blatant error, in his partiality and fear of his elder sister, Ihuoma.

Ada Onitsha or Njikoka might be out later but not definitely in the storyline of an uncouth village person going to the city but in another story line.

Here's Ada Owerri for example which was acted and NCI mainly used and had totally nothing to do with Owerri.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8lERKr3L24
When a movie is set in a rural area,the dialect becomes Bushy.
When a movie is set in an Urban area,that dialect becomes the special dialect. Is that your theory? Lol, self honour is no honour. You are just dragging this thread cos you can't acknowledge your goofs and errors.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 6:30pm On Oct 25, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

even of the setting of the ada Onitsha is in London, the storyline better be strong .
if not, njikoka or Onitsha dialect cant sell movie

Ada Mbano sold basically because of the interesting storyline of a village girl going to the city and her experience in the city. Similar movies with the same storyline have been acted in English before - Osuofia in London (a village African man who goes to a well-developed city and encounters development to his surprise), Baby Oku in America (Mercy Johnson a typical African lady who goes to America and the ensuant comedy that follows on her arrival). Each of those movies shot in English were best sellers and sold for their storyline basically. Osuofia in London is the movie accredited to taking Nollywood to international heights and fame. For some reason, Nigerians like movies that juxtapose village life and experience with city life and experience.

In the Igbo language side, the same was replicated and the movie producers had to pick dialects that best fit the village girl's role to match the storyline. Ada Mbano would have failed to sell if Onicha or Awka dialect had been picked instead for they just do not fit the storyline and role! After all, Queen Nwokoye herself is from Anambra state and would have spoken what she's already familiar with (her dialect) but she instead spoke another dialect (Mbano). That should tell you something.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 6:32pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

When a movie is set in a rural area,the dialect becomes Bushy.
When a movie is set in an Urban area,that dialect becomes the special dialect. Is that your theory? Lol, self honour is no honour. You are just dragging this thread cos you can't acknowledge your goofs and errors.

Even if that's the case, did I make it so? Am I not stating my observations? Or I'm not allowed to state my observation because of your deep insecurity and blatant lack of credibility? undecided
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 6:33pm On Oct 25, 2014
This thread has exposed your weakness and errors. You can't stand on any assertion.
Dialect will never make people stay in awe of you,inula?
There is no point dragging Ada whatever movie. At the end of the day,you have failed to show Igbos and Non Igbos what is so special about you'all.
By implication,nothing is special!
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 6:35pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:
This thread has exposed your weakness and errors. You can't stand on any assertion.
Dialect will never make people stay in awe of you,inula?
There is no point dragging Ada whatever movie. At the end of the day,you have failed to show Igbos and Non Igbos what is so special about you'all.
By implication,nothing is special!

Looks like he's finally getting tired.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 6:36pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Even if that's the case, did I make it so? Am I not stating my observations? Or I'm not allowed to state my observation because of your deep insecurity and blatant lack of credibility? undecided
The way you keep on throwing up insecurity, every one can attest that you are the insecure fool here.
You still lack credibility in your post. From generalization to playing safe. You have been trashed,just take it like that.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 6:38pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Looks like he's finally getting tired.
Lol,at the end,everyone that goes thru this thread will attest that you made a fool of yourself. You can barely hold on to one mumu point of yours. Quoting me and twisting your comments makes you childish in the end.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 6:41pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Ada Mbano sold basically because of the interesting storyline of a village girl going to the city and her experience in the city. Similar movies with the same storyline have been acted in English before - Osuofia in London (a village African man who goes to a well-developed city and encounters development to his surprise), Baby Oku in America (Mercy Johnson a typical African lady who goes to America and the ensuant comedy that follows on her arrival). Each of those movies shot in English were best sellers and sold for their storyline basically. Osuofia in London is the movie accredited to taking Nollywood to international heights and fame. For some reason, Nigerians like movies that juxtapose village life and experience with city life and experience.

In the Igbo language side, the same was replicated and the movie producers had to pick dialects that best fit the village girl's role to match the storyline. Ada Mbano would have failed to sell if Onicha or Awka dialect had been picked instead for they just do not fit the storyline and role! After all, Queen Nwokoye herself is from Anambra state and would have spoken what she's already familiar with (her dialect) but she instead spoke another dialect (Mbano). That should tell you something.
Keep draging your ignorance. You find it hard to accept defeat, yes you have been totally trashed.
This movie is a dialect specific movie, Queen should not even go close to her dialect! Onye nti ike.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 6:44pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

Lol,at the end,everyone that goes thru this thread will attest that you made a fool of yourself. You can barely hold on to one mumu point of yours. Quoting me and twisting your comments makes you childish in the end.

All my points still hold water. Anamba remains the most preferred dialect my non-Igbo, no doubt. My experience taught me so. It's more used in Nollywood Igbo movies than any other dialect. The dialect was critical in propelling Nollywood to where it is now (Living in bondage shot in NCI and in Onicha town) before the switch to English was made. Non-Anambra Igbo girls desire to marry Anambra men though many don't end up doing so. The dialect is rarely represented in movies as lacking class or of 'interior'. Nri in Anambra state is the progenitor of some Igbo clans. I mean which Igbo person doesn't know all these.

I'm still very much surprised you didn't counter the part that says most high-profile Igbo indigenes tend to come from Anambra, or tell me you didn't 'see' that part of my post? wink
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 6:48pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

Keep draging your ignorance. You find it hard to accept defeat, yes you have been totally trashed.
This movie is a dialect specific movie, Queen should not even go close to her dialect! Onye nti ike.

Because there was no defeat to talk about in the first place. And i'll tell any non-Igbo (just as I told my Yoruba IT Colleagues during my IT in Lagos and Tokunbo) who cares to listen the same. wink
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 6:50pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

All my points still hold water. Anamba remains the most preferred dialect my non-Igbo, no doubt. My experience taught me so. It's more used in Nollywood Igbo movies than any other dialect. The dialect was critical in propelling Nollywood to where it is now (Living in bondage shot in NCI in Onicha) before the switch to English was made. Non-Anambra Igbo girls desire to marry Anambra men though many don't end up doing so. The dialect is rarely represented in movies as lacking class or of 'interior'. Nri in Anambra state is the progenitor of some Igbo clans. I mean which Igbo person doesn't know all these.

I'm still very much surprised you didn't counter the part that says most high-profile Igbo indigenes tend to come from Anambra, or tell me you didn't 'see' that post of my post? wink
Dialect again? O di egwu. I was expecting an intellectual response.
Default dialect my foot! It is never default,am making contacts with established igbo actors and i will post their responses.
Too bad. Snice you were after the poll results, then the poll is the ultimate determinate in this case!
All the other irrational points have been totally destroyed! All are null and invalid.
I was expecting a better stuff.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 6:51pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

Lol,pls say something other than this. I have destroyed your myopic insults to none anambras and Mbano is now your next topic.
Try something better....this is for that Myopic uneducated guy!

Ndi bee anyi si na ngwele si n'enu daa, ndi umunna ya a jaghi ya mma, o jaa onwe ya.

You keep praising yourself needlessly even when your cohort has failed to praise you because he knows you utterly failed to make any impressions. You're only taking solace in numbers. wink
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 6:53pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Because there was no defeat to talk about in the first place. And i'll tell any non-Igbo (just as I told my Yoruba IT Colleagues during my IT in Lagos and Tokunbo) who cares to listen the same. wink
You egocentric ideas hashave been defeated. Those nonesense points don't make you more superior than other. Neither does it make you more prestigious or better than others.

@bold...corrected. How do you even expect me or anyone reading your posts to take you seriously when you do not know the common basics of English singular and plural verbs?

Singular nouns/pronouns take on singular verbs and plural nouns/pronouns take on plural verbs. Primary 1 curriculum. How could you not know this? undecided
You can't find it in you to know you were foolish in the first place. Biko, look for relevant issues based on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 6:53pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

Dialect again? O di egwu. I was expecting an intellectual response.
Default dialect my foot! It is never default,am making contacts with established igbo actors and i will post their responses.
Too bad. Snice you were after the poll results, then the poll is the ultimate determinate in this case!
All the other irrational points have been totally destroyed! All are null and invalid.
I was expecting a better stuff.

bigfrancis21:

I'm still very much surprised you didn't counter the part that says most high-profile Igbo indigenes tend to come from Anambra, or tell me you didn't 'see' that post of my post? wink

Ihuoma boy, don't ignore that question nau. Common nau, o ye 'matured' faithful. wink
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 6:55pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Ndi bee anyi si na ngwele daa n'ana, ndi umunna ya a jaghi ya mma, o jaa onwe ya.

You keep praising yourself needlessly even when your cohort has failed to praise you because he knows you utterly failed to make any impressions. You're only taking solace in numbers. wink
Lol, anambra came here and corrected your pathetic impression. Most of them just take a glance and leave because they know you are egocentric and only messing up yourself.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 6:57pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Ihuoma boy, don't ignore that question nau. Common nau, o ye 'matured' faithful. wink
Nobody is going to answer a moronic question because you want to bring down others to your lowly mindset Is this your next point of call? Ike agwuru gi.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 6:58pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

Lol, anambra came here and corrected your pathetic impression. Most of them just take a glance and leave because they know you are egocentric and only messing up yourself.

Odenigbo's Nri impression was corrected. wink
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 6:58pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

Nobody is going to answer a moronic question because you want to bring down others to your lowly mindset Is this your next point of call? Ike agwuru gi.

Exactly! LOL!
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 7:01pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Odenigbo's Nri impression was corrected. wink
Your impression was equally corrected.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 7:02pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

You barely can use English adjectives. Lowly is used in a more positive way to mean humble. And yes, I take your compliment. wink

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/lowly
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 7:05pm On Oct 25, 2014
I've had a long laugh and a hearty day. It's good to, once in a while, take a break out of the monotonous living of America and have a very long laugh. It keeps body and mind going. cheesy
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 7:06pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

You barely can't use English adjectives. Lowly is used in a more positive way to mean humble. And yes, I take your compliment. wink

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/lowly

From dialect to English to caricature. Honestly,you are finished and have nothing left in you to sustain your initial foolishness.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 7:08pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

From dialect to English to caricature. Honestly,you are finished and have nothing left in you to sustain your initally foolishness.

@bold...LWKMD!

You're the one making a laughing stock out of yourself! grin

Keep 'em coming boy. wink
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 7:11pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

@bold...LWKMD!

You're the one making a laughing stock out of yourself! grin
You messed up,big time.
Of course,with your nonesense points that resist rational reasoning.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 7:16pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

You messed up,big time.
Of course,with your nonesensenonsense points that resistlacks rational reasoning.

Here, i've helped you out since you've been trying to impress by speaking English to no avail. 'Lacks' you intended to say? wink
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 7:19pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Here, i've helped you out since you've been trying to impress by speaking English to no avail. 'Lacks' you intended to say? wink
That resists rational reasoning/influence. That is it.
It is no longer dialect,it is now all about English skills. Lol, that's what self-praise does to irrational 'intellectuals'.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:24pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

none of these were sold due to dialects except ada mbano.
Which dialect sold osuofia in London? none .great storyline all the way. osuofia is from Enugu and he didn't speak any spectacular UDI dialect, the movie was not even set with any particular clan in mind.
I repeat, even if a movie is set with London environs but with anambra dialect, the storyline better be strong, else!!!!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 7:27pm On Oct 25, 2014
I wish I could have more of this almost every other fortnight. wink
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 7:29pm On Oct 25, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

none of these were sold due to dialects except ada mbano.
Which dialect sold osuofia in London? none .great storyline all the way. osuofia is from Enugu and he didn't speak any spectacular UDI dialect, the movie was not even set with any particular clan in mind.
I repeat, even if a movie is set with London environs but with anambra dialect, the storyline better be strong, else!!!!

They all have the same storyline, right? And they all sold, irrespective of the language or dialect used right? What does that tell you? Mbano dialect isn't so critical to the mass selling of the film. Use your common sense.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 7:39pm On Oct 25, 2014
We are exposing how stupid and naive it is,when people try to hold unto artificial creations like states of origin

I have met most igbos that when you ask where they are from,they would simply tell you their state of origin,and would feel more related to you,if you are from this new artificial identity of theirs.

States in igboland are as heterogenous as hell,with many different igbo tribes,placed on the same state.

As an idemili man, i am more related to an enuani man from delta state,than to an umunze man in orumba,who himself is more related to okigwe groups and umunneochi groups in imo and abia state.

It would be stupid for me to start wearing anambra at heart,seeing as anambra is but an artificial creation that not long ago,included ezza,izzi and even nkanu tribes.

Now,this is a better point from your states man which was made in another thread.
I still find it difficult to believe that someone will carry so much shallow and negative evaluation around.
Dialect wahala is long over. This thread is just strecthing because of your inability to see that you threw up stupid and invalid points. Those stuffs don't make you more special or prestigious or whatever. You are only wallowing in foolishness.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:53pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

They all have the same storyline, right? And they all sold, irrespective of the language or dialect used right? What does that tell you? Mbano dialect isn't so critical to the mass selling of the film. Use your common sense.

trust me, without the dialect, the movie would have been a goner.
Mention one movie anambra dialect sold?
baby oku and osuofia in London were even English spoken, no Igbo said in those movies is anambrarian. we are talking igbo spoken movies .
your dialect is too ordinary
And to think you are placing the acceptability of baby oku side by side with that of ada mbano .....
laughable. the only thing that sold the movie to people that bothered is Mercy's wonderful role interpretation. dialect kwa?
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:57pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:
We are exposing how stupid and naive it is,when people try to hold unto artificial creations like states of origin

I have met most igbos that when you ask where they are from,they would simply tell you their state of origin,and would feel more related to you,if you are from this new artificial identity of theirs.

States in igboland are as heterogenous as hell,with many different igbo tribes,placed on the same state.

As an idemili man, i am more related to an enuani man from delta state,than to an umunze man in orumba,who himself is more related to okigwe groups and umunneochi groups in imo and abia state.

It would be stupid for me to start wearing anambra at heart,seeing as anambra is but an artificial creation that not long ago,included ezza,izzi and even nkanu tribes.

Now,this is a better point from your states man which was made in another thread.
I still find it difficult to believe that someone will carry so much shallow and negative evaluation around.
Dialect wahala is long over. This thread is just strecthing because of your inability to see that you threw up stupid and invalid points. Those stuffs don't make you more special or prestigious or whatever. You are only wallowing in foolishness.

its true.
the so called bushy dialects were under anambra before state creation .
abakiliki was in anambra before, infact .........

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply)

10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. / Proverbs From The Streets Of Warri / How Adamawa Governor Sat In Atiku's House (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.