Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... - Culture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... (43866 Views)

Your Intelligence Is Needed Here / Utter Ridiculous.. There Is Education And Then There Is Enlightenment / Your Votes Are Needed Here: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 6:48am On Oct 24, 2014
bigfrancis21:

@bold1 and slanty...Where's your link to the so-called poll? Pull it out let's see.between preference and superiority. It's all in your head. You have a barrage of mirage accusations lined up in your head which have prevented you from seeing and reasoning objectively. Never ever in my post did I claim Anambra people were better. And it is the default dialect used in Nollywood Igbo movies.'[/b][/i] I pulled out the facebook link as evidence of the simple reflection of the opinions of Ndi Igbo about Anambra dialect which lends support to my 'so-called boastful' post. It is my utmost expectation that you read the assertion in bold, this time around, objectively without attaching your usual sentiments to it. If you still cannot do that by now, then you have a problem.

As for the girls part, like I told you my sister has a lot of Imo friends and she told me that. Girls know themselves a lot and what they want. 'Your friend' turning down an Anambra man is irrelevant because to every commonality there is always an exception. It's a common fact in science and scientists always give exceptions to postulations, theories or facts. 1 turned down event over many unturned down events doesn't suddenly translate to generality. Emeka is a short man doesn't mean all men are short. For posterity's sake, men are tall generally with sprinkles of average and less-than-average men here and there.

bold4...anambra people prefer to marry within themselves anyway and hardly marry outside Anambra, Enugu or Delta Igbo. So I am not surprised if most Imo and Abia girls end up marrying within their states. Finally, don't confuse 'the desire to marry' and 'actual marriage' itself. They are 2 different things. Everybody desires to be rich but not everybody becomes rich at the end of the day.
You have actually answered your question and made a fool of yourself. You started out by postulating that your dialect was used by people, was classy and better than other dialects. Therefore,in your perception, people respect you cos of your dialect and it is better than every other igbo dialect.
Now, you have suddenly deviated to say that there no correlation between preference and superiority. Lol.
On marriage and relationships: your sister's friends opinion matter and forms your view of Thousands of Southern girls, while my friend's opinion is isolated,null and invalid? Lol.
Why do you indulge in selective judgement and reasoning?
I have seen Igbo girls that want to marry outside ala igbo, so invariably,all igbo girls have the same opinion?
I used one example,it does not mean i don't have others. .
Simply put,our girls don't marry your people. There is always going to be an exception on both sides.
Because more Abia/Imo girls are open minded and willing to marry from other places, while your people are too uptight and prefer to marry at home. Does that imply that those Southern girls crave for your men.
When has it become an Ultimate desire of Southern girls to marry from Anambra? How are your sisters' friends the measurement of Imo/Abia/Ebonyi/Ikwerre girls
You are a joke.
I dislike people with shallow mindset!
I can summarize your twisted reasons in two points : people give attention to you cos you have a 'better dialect' and the rest are Ndi ime obodo dialect.
Secondly, Nri bu isi Igbo- that has been trashed.
As a self proclaimed intellctual,i expect you to curtail how you use ''insecure loser'', that's derogatory.If there is a myopic loser here, that's you!
As for that poll, snice you have already started looking for the 'best igbo dialect' post; i therefore expect you to dig out the valid post and result i was referring to.
Ihere mme gbuo kwa gi.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:07am On Oct 24, 2014
bigfrancis21:

You're definitely not Anambra or Enugu. And you have denied being from Imo state. You are most likely from Ebonyi, given your assertions. And truly, Ebonyi idialect and customs are not atually represented in general Igbo customs and traditions.

Igbo Izugbe has strong influence from southern Igbo in vocabulary and from Northern Igbo in terms of sentence structure. It was supposed to be a balance or compromise between Northern and Southern Igboland.

And yes I am an Igbo moderator and it doesn't stop me from thrashing out issues when need be. I wouldn't hide the truth to appear 'liberal' just because it makes some insecure people more insecure and bitter. I have my opinions and facts to make and mine are they. He necessarily doesn't have to agree with me.

you didn't thrash out anything, your guess of my state of origin is laughable.
As an Igbo mod, you didn't thrash anything because there Is no truth in your post.
you have decided to delude yourself that am bitter over that gibberish.
Enjoy yourself
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:11am On Oct 24, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

You have actually answered your question and made a fool of yourself. You started out by postulating that your dialect was used by people, was classy and better than other dialects. Therefore,in your perception, people respect you cos of your dialect and it is better than every other igbo dialect.
Now, you have suddenly deviated to say that there no correlation between preference and superiority. Lol.

no mind that guy.
if he had gone to say other tnz like some anambra achievements, I would have kept quiet.
but his prolonged talk of dialect made me know how is delusional.
nobody respects an anambra man on dialect alone . its false
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 7:14am On Oct 24, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

As an Igbo mod, you didn't thrash anything because there Is no truth in your post.
My bro,i tire! You have not mentioned your state at all.
In his perception, people from Ebonyi are also trashy and less Igbo. He does not need to literarily state it. Nonesense!

What does he think make Ebonyi culture 'less Igbo' or not part of ''Igbo izugbe''? Intellectual man indeed!
Is it the New yam festival in Ebonyi? Or that they don't practice Igbo culture in their state? Or they don't have age grade associations, igbo names, dances or igbo customs.
What exactly is General Igbo culture?
So an Ohafia man dances his war dance and you don't.
His ikpirikpe ogu/dance therefore lacks a general Igbo identity?
Lol. This is what happens when you see yourself as lords over others.
This is exactly how Igbos create identity crises for other innocent Igbos. When you start : ''mba! igbo dialect gi di somehow,o naghi ato uto and o di too bushy for my liking. Mba!, culture nke gi awuhu ya at all. Or even unu na akpa agwa ka ndi .....''
At the end of the day,you blame them for rejecting the Igbo identity.
Probably he does not know that Ebonyi is part of Southern igbo and was created out of Abia and parts of Enugu. Lol.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 8:58am On Oct 24, 2014
bigfrancis21:

And it is the default dialect used in Nollywood Igbo movies..
I believe we are over this shady and weak assertion!
If you had said that it was used during the early days of nollywood igbo movies,i would have accepted it. Why? because majority of the early nollywood actors came from Anambra/Enugu axis. Would you have them speak Mbaise dialect?
Lol.
Now,fast forward to some years later. The default dialect of nollywood movies is the NCI and SCI.
NCI spoken in Anambra/Enugu metropolis
SCI spoken in the Southern region.
Am yet to see actors like Kalu Ikeagwu, Mike Ezuruonye, Alex Ekubo,Angela Okorie and Chita Agwu speak NCI.
People stick to the dialect they are comfortable with, i can't get into nollywood tomorrow and you expect me to speak NCI cos it's the default dialect in your egocentric mind!
The fact is that am more comfortable with SCI. But Miss B from Ebonyi state might be more comfortable in NCI cos she has been exposed to it very well.
Take Chiege Alisigwe for example,she spent enough time in IMT Enugu,she obviously came in contact with NCI. So i would n't be surprised if she decides to use it in movies.
If your dialect was 100% mutually intelligible,there would not have been any need for an Igbo izugbe in the first place!
People learn and acquire dialects through interactions. You cannot stay in Ozubulu all your life and understand/speak Owerri dialect and vice versa.
Honestly,this is getting repetitive and boring,i don't know when you will comprehend a simple explanation.

In the recent past, Musicians of Igbo descent sang in Yoruba or adopted Yoruba slangs in their songs.
Onyeka Onwenu - Gbemi leke
Junior and pretty - Bolanle
Psquare - Omoge mi
Tina Onwudiwe - Asiko laye
Christy Essien, non Igbo - Seun rere.
Rugged Man - Baraje
Does it mean that Yoruba is now the default language of Igbo people or music?
Ngwa, Yoruba people should come and dance on our heads cos some igbo musicians used Yoruba. What happened to people like Bright Chimezie or Kelly handsome that use only Igbo?
Or because Tuface used Igbo language in two songs, Igbo has now become Tuface's default language. Or is it Timaya that sang in Igbo from the onset?
Or because Rex Lawson used Igbo, it now the default language of Kalabari/Ijaw music?
That is Silly!
Tina Mba, Clarion Chukwuora and Rachel Oniga(Delta) mainly feature in Yoruba movies. In early nollywood Zack Orji and Sandra Achums featured in Yoruba movies too.
From their backgrounds, you will understand that the actors and musicians above, grew up in D West or were exposed to Yoruba language. You can't be close minded and pick up a language or dialect.
Similarily Alex Ekubo and Tony Umez feature in Efik movies. Ngwa,Calabar olee ebe unu no eh ,they should come and rub it in!
This B.S is getting old.

It is only an honour or a thing of joy when people use your dialect or language. I get excited when non Igbos speak Igbo, infact the day Davido or Wizkid will sing in Igbo eh.
I equally feel honoured and excited when people use my dialect. But that is as far as it goes. You can stop that shallow assertion,now!

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by adusim: 11:26am On Oct 24, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

If you had said that it was used during the early days of nollywood igbo movies,i would have accepted it. Why? because majority of the early nollywood actors came from Anambra/Enugu axis. Would you have them speak Mbaise dialect?
Lol.
Now,fast forward to some years later. The default dialect of nollywood movies is the NCI and SCI.
Am yet to see actors like Kalu Ikeagwu, Mike Ezuruonye, Alex Ekubo,Angela Okorie and Chita Agwu speak NCI.
People stick to the dialect they are comfortable with, i can't get into nollywood tomorrow and you expect me to speak NCI cos it's the default dialect in your egocentric mind!
The fact is that am more comfortable with SCI. But Miss B from Ebonyi state might be more comfortable in NCI cos she has been exposed to it very well.
Take Chiege Alisigwe for example,she spent enough time in IMT Enugu,she obviously came in contact with NCI. So i would n't be surprised if she decides to use it in movies.
If your dialect was 100% mutually intelligible,there would not have been any need for an Igbo izugbe in the first place!
People learn and acquire dialects through interactions. You cannot stay in Ozubulu all your life and understand/speak Owerri dialect and vice versa.
Honestly,this is getting repetitive and boring,i don't know when you will comprehend a simple explanation.

In the recent past, Musicians of Igbo descent sang in Yoruba or adopted Yoruba slangs in their songs.
Psquare - Omoge mi
Rugged Man - Baraje
Ngwa, Yoruba people should come and dance on our heads cos some igbo musicians used Yoruba. What happened to people like Bright Chimezie or Kelly handsome that use only Igbo?
Or because Tuface used Igbo language in two songs, Igbo has now become Tuface's default language. Or is it Timaya that sang in Igbo from the onset?
Or because Rex Lawson used Igbo, it now the default language of Kalabari/Ijaw music?
That is Silly!
From their backgrounds, you will understand that the above names grew up in D West or was exposed to Yoruba language.
This B.S is getting old.
It is only an honour or a thing of joy when people use your dialect or language. I get excited when non Igbos speak Igbo, infact the day Davido or Wizkid will sing in Igbo eh.
I equally feel honoured and excited when people use my dialect. But that is as far as it goes. You can stop that shallow assertion,now!

My brother!! I could not have put it better myself. These Anambra folks are full of inferiority complex it is unreal. One reason I am proud to be an Imolite is that we are truly enlightened and intelligent, which shows in our mature and reasonable mind set.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by abagoro(m): 12:27pm On Oct 24, 2014
bigfrancis21:

In the reverse, Onicha people hardly referred themselves to as 'Igbo' in the past and a few still do not accept that till today. While reading an article about the early missionary activities in Onitsha-Aboh axis, the author mentioned in his book that the Onicha people refused to be called 'Igbo' but used the word to refer to those people living further down to themselves. That 'down' translates to southern Igboland.

In Asaba Igbo and some Delta Igbo dialects, 'Igbo' as we pronounce it natively means 'slave' and thus they found it difficult to accept that name as their tribal name because of the meaning it has in their dialects. They preferred to use 'Ibo' instead. Till today, 'Igbo' (pronounced nasally as 'Igbon' still means 'slave' in Agbor dialect.

Onitsha people and even Ogbaru have always emphasized on this difference and so do all Niger area Igbos who had links with Benin and Aboh of old. We call every other people after Onitsha Igbo while Owerri to Ikwerre call them Isoma and Ngwa call them Ohuhu.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 2:40pm On Oct 24, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

Lol.

Psquare - Omoge mi
Rugged Man - Baraje
That is Silly!
Tina Mba, Clarion Chukwuora and Rachel Oniga(Delta) mainly feature in Yoruba movies.
From their backgrounds, you will understand that the actors and musicians above, grew up in D West or were exposed to Yoruba language.
This B.S is getting old.

You just write long epistles for nothing. Growing up in NI doesn't necessarily mean they must speak NCI. But they have to because that's the default dialect used for most Igbo movies. Those that didn't grow up in NCI at all, many times, are required to speak the dialect to flow along with the majority speakers of the NCI dialect in the movie. This is a simple fact. I watch Igbo movies a lot, and I'm subscribed to many Igbo Nollywood channels on youtube.

I could drop for you as many links as possible to Igbo movies on Nollywood and most of them are entirely in NCI, with a few SCI speakers in them. Succinctly put, SCI isn't as commonly used in Nollywood movies as NCI. I don't expect you to agree with me. That's just how it is.

Oge Nwokoye admitted that she had to learn Mbano dialect from the movie producer himself while shooting the movie in order to play that movie role because the dialect was necessary for the movie. That's the same way non-NCI speakers are required to speak NCI in many Nollywood movies. Chinwe Owoh is from around the Nsukka area, Nkem Owoh from Nsukka/Ezeagu or so, Mike Okonkwo from Nsukka (in fact I know his own personal house he built in Nsukka) and all speak their dialects fluently and nothing stops them from speaking their dialects in the movies they act but they speak NCI instead, exposure or no exposure to NCI in Igbo movies. Why's almost every one, NCI-non-exposed and NCI-exposed, all tilting towards speaking the NCI dialect in Igbo movies? That should tell you something.
Geraldine Ekeocha, an Owerri woman who speaks SCI in some of her movies also speaks NCI fluently in some Igbo movies.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 2:49pm On Oct 24, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

On marriage and relationships: your sister's friends opinion matter and forms your view of Thousands of Southern girls, while my friend's opinion is isolated,null and invalid? Lol.
Why do you indulge in selective judgement and reasoning?
I have seen Igbo girls that want to marry outside ala igbo, so invariably,all igbo girls have the same opinion?
I used one example,it does not mean i don't have others. .
Simply put,our girls don't marry your people. There is always going to be an exception on both sides.
Because more Abia/Imo girls are open minded and willing to marry from other places, while your people are too uptight and prefer to marry at home. Does that imply that those Southern girls crave for your men.
When has it become an Ultimate desire of Southern girls to marry from Anambra? How are your sisters' friends the measurement of Imo/Abia/Ebonyi/Ikwerre girls
You are a joke.
I dislike people with shallow mindset!
I can summarize your twisted reasons in two points : people give attention to you cos you have a 'better dialect' and the rest are Ndi ime obodo dialect.
Secondly, Nri bu isi Igbo- that has been trashed.
As a self proclaimed intellctual,i expect you to curtail how you use ''insecure loser'', that's derogatory.If there is a myopic loser here, that's you!
As for that poll, snice you have already started looking for the 'best igbo dialect' post; i therefore expect you to dig out the valid post and result i was referring to.
Ihere mme gbuo kwa gi.

I've asked you to show me where I ever mentioned Anambra people were better or the dialect. You could not. You've suddenly realized it's all in your head all along. Making out useless assumptions and meanings out of a post that was never intended that way.

The big problem with you and so many Nairalanders is lack of simple objective comprehension of a passage.

I kept using the widely-spoken English language as an example for you to get it but your brains just wouldn't get it.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 2:49pm On Oct 24, 2014
bigfrancis21:

You just write long epistles for nothing. Growing up in NI doesn't necessarily mean they must speak NCI. But they have to because that's the default dialect used for most Igbo movies. Those that didn't grow up in NCI at all, many times, are required to speak the dialect to flow along with the majority speakers of the NCI dialect in the movie. This is a simple fact. I watch Igbo movies a lot, and I'm subscribed to many Igbo Nollywood channels on youtube.

I could drop for you as many links as possible to Igbo movies on Nollywood and most of them are entirely in NCI, with a few SCI speakers in them. Succinctly put, SCI isn't as commonly used in Nollywood movies as NCI. I don't expect you to agree with me. That's just how it is.

Oge Nwokoye admitted that she had to learn Mbano dialect from the movie producer himself while shooting the movie in order to play that movie role because the dialect was necessary for the movie. That's the same way non-NCI speakers are required to speak NCI in many Nollywood movies. Chinwe Owoh is from around the Nsukka area, Nkem Owoh from Nsukka/Ezeagu or so, Mike Okonkwo from Nsukka (in fact I know his own personal house he built in Nsukka) and all speak their dialects fluently and nothing stops them from speaking their dialects in the movies they act but they speak NCI instead, exposure or no exposure to NCI in Igbo movies. Why's almost every one, NCI-non-exposed and NCI-exposed, all tilting towards speaking the NCI dialect in Igbo movies? That should tell you something.
Geraldine Ekeocha, an Owerri woman who speaks SCI in some of her movies also speaks NCI fluently in some Igbo movies.
Lol, i expected you to come up with something better than this. NCI is the the default dialect, inula da? This is not debatable at all. Those people you listed still fall within the NCI axis,do you expect them to speak my dialect?
People from Enugu/Anambra axis are usually the people into igbo movies.
Patience Ozokwor
Nkem Owoh
Chinwe Owoh
Ken Eric
Dolly Unachukwu
Ndidi Igbo
Ofiafuluagu Mbaka
Queen Nwokoye
Uche Obodo
Chinwetalu Agu
ETC.
If you have these actors in one movie and you have actors like Emeka ike, Genevive Nnaji and Ezuruonye, do you expect to hear more NCI or SCI?
Seriously, are you daft?
Each actor speaks his dialect,unless it is there is an exception like Queen's case.
Queen was asked to make a movie with the Mbano dialect. This dialect does not come naturally to her,obviously she has less interaction with SCI and none with Mbano. She was taught the Mbano dialect strictly for her role in the movie. Mbano movie came in series, does it mean that mbano is now the default dialect of our movies?
That Kanayo or Ekeocha spoke NCI in movies,does not make it a default dialect. You are not Obligated to speak it in nollywood.
Do you have a comprehension problem
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 2:52pm On Oct 24, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

you have decided to delude yourself that am bitter over that gibberish.
Enjoy yourself

@bold...oh yes you are. Not just bitter but you were also stung by my post else you wouldn't spend the last 4 days arguing aimlessly when you could have ignored my post if it didn't make any impression on you.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 2:53pm On Oct 24, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

Lol, i expected you to come up with something better than this. NCI is the the default dialect, inula da? This is not debatable at all. Those people you listed still fall within the NCI axis,do you expect them to speak my dialect?

Nsukka/Ezeagu Igbo are entirely different from NCI and hardly decipherable by non-speakers. I spent 6 years in Nsukka land and I speak from first-hand experience.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 3:06pm On Oct 24, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

Lol.

Psquare - Omoge mi
Rugged Man - Baraje
That is Silly!
Tina Mba, Clarion Chukwuora and Rachel Oniga(Delta) mainly feature in Yoruba movies. In early nollywood Zack Orji and Sandra Achums featured in Yoruba movies too.
From their backgrounds, you will understand that the actors and musicians above, grew up in D West or were exposed to Yoruba language. You can't be close minded and pick up a language or dialect.
Similarily Alex Ekubo and Tony Umez feature in Efik movies. Ngwa,Calabar olee ebe unu no eh ,they should come and rub it in!
This B.S is getting old.

Please let me ask you a simple question. And if you can answer this question correctly, then this case is solved. There are so many languages in the world today - Spanish(about 300m speakers), French, Chinese (over 1bn speakers), Portuguese, Hindi, etc but why is English language commonly used among speakers of all these languages I mentioned? Why are some, not all, of these speakers bilingual in their languages and English? And why is it not surprising to travel to China, France, Spain, Benin republic etc and find people replying you in English?
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 3:09pm On Oct 24, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Nsukka/Ezeagu Igbo are entirely different from NCI and hardly decipherable by non-speakers. I spent 6 years in Nsukka land and I speak from first-hand experience.
I did not mention Nsukka or Eze whatever. I explained what NCI means Northern Central dialect, as far as i know Enugu and Anambra covered Northern Igbo land.
People don't necessarily speak owerri in Owerri but they use SCI which all southerners understand.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 3:11pm On Oct 24, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Please let me ask you a simple question. And if you can answer this question correctly, then this case is solved. There are so many languages in the world today - Spanish(about 300m speakers), French, Chinese (over 1bn speakers), Portuguese, Hindi, etc but why is English language commonly used among speakers of all these languages I mentioned? Why are some, not all, of these speakers bilingual in their languages and English? And why is it not surprising to travel to China, France, Spain, Benin republic etc and find people replying you in English?
I don't follow your analogy,pls focus on Igbo language and subject at hand.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:12pm On Oct 24, 2014
bigfrancis21:

@bold...oh yes you are. Not just bitter but you were also stung by my post else you wouldn't spend the last 4 days arguing aimlessly when you could have ignored my post if it didn't make any impression on you.

that's the 5th speculation you got wrong about me.
Thank God I used myself to examine you and you keep getting everything wrong.
You see why your post was like that?
People argue on threads for weeks n months and just 4 days were enough to make you think bitterness .
You are probably bitter yourself cos you have been arguing too.
Please, what else are you not telling me?
lol
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 3:17pm On Oct 24, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

People from Enugu/Anambra axis are usually the people into igbo movies.
Patience Ozokwor
Nkem Owoh
Chinwe Owoh
Ken Eric
Dolly Unachukwu
Ndidi Igbo
Ofiafuluagu Mbaka
Queen Nwokoye
Uche Obodo
Chinwetalu Agu
ETC.
If you have these actors in one movie and you have actors like Emeka ike, Genevive Nnaji and Ezuruonye, do you expect to hear more NCI or SCI?
Seriously, are you daft?
Each actor speaks his dialect,unless it is there is an exception like Queen's case.
Queen was asked to make a movie with the Mbano dialect. This dialect does not come naturally to her,obviously she has less interaction with SCI and none with Mbano. She was taught the Mbano dialect strictly for her role in the movie. Mbano movie came in series, does it mean that mbano is now the default dialect of our movies?
That Kanayo or Ekeocha spoke NCI in movies,does not make it a default dialect. You are not Obligated to speak it in nollywood.
Do you have a comprehension problem

Are you even aware that in the Yoruba industry, out of all the numerous Yoruba dialects that we have, only one default dialect is used in the movies, 'Oyo' or 'Ibadan' dialect, except for dialect-specific movies? And that many non-Oyo Yorubas are required to speak Ibadan dialect to flow with others in the movie? Are you even aware that the Ibadan dialect is commonly spoken amongst Yorubas in Yoruba land? And many non-Ibadan Yoruba speakers easily switch between their dialects and Ibadan dialect?

Have I implied anywhere from the above statement that Oyo yorubas were better or their dialects better than any other dialect? Why is comprehension this difficult for you?
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 3:18pm On Oct 24, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

that's the 5th speculation you got wrong about me.
Thank God I used myself to examine you and you keep getting everything wrong.
You see why your post was like that?
People argue on threads for weeks n months and just 4 days were enough to make you think bitterness .
You are probably bitter yourself cos you have been arguing too.
Please, what else are you not telling me?
lol
He is telling you that when people speak his dialect,it becomes special. When people use it in movies, it because the default dialect. Forgetting that majority of them are from NCI states!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 3:19pm On Oct 24, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

I don't follow your analogy,pls focus on Igbo language and subject at hand.

Haha. You can't reason beyond your mediocre level or reasoning. Thank you for openly admitting that.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 3:21pm On Oct 24, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Are you even aware that in the Yoruba industry, out of all the numerous Yoruba dialects that we have, only one default dialect is used in the movies, 'Oyo' or 'Ibadan' dialect, except for dialect-specific movies? And that many non-Oyo Yorubas are required to speak Ibadan dialect to flow with others in the movie? Are you even aware that the Ibadan dialect is commonly spoken amongst Yorubas in Yoruba land? And many non-Ibadan Yoruba speakers easily switch between their dialects and Ibadan dialect?

Have I implied anywhere from the above statement that Oyo yorubas were better or their dialects better than any other dialect? Why is comprehension this difficult for you?
Nna,leave oyo or whatever for Yoruba people.
As far as i know, Igbo actors are not Compelled to use a specific dialect. You speak what you can as long as it falls within SCI or NCI. Inula?
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 3:23pm On Oct 24, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

I did not mention Nsukka or Eze whatever. I explained what NCI means Northern Central dialect, as far as i know Enugu and Anambra covered Northern Igbo land.
People don't necessarily speak owerri in Owerri but they use SCI which all southerners understand.

Don't be daft or write bunkum just for the sake of replying. You claimed those people were from the NCI axis (Anambra, Enugu) and therefore they must speak NCI and I replied you that even though they were from the Northern axis their dialects are not close to NCI at all in any respect.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 3:25pm On Oct 24, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Haha. You can't reason beyond your mediocre level or reasoning. Thank you for openly admitting that.
Thank you! Let's focus on Igbo and what makes your dialect more 'special'. Stop deviating to English. I wonder if you passed through all the nooks and crannies of Southern Igbo to find people that responded in your dialect. This is an isolated view.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 3:27pm On Oct 24, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Don't be daft or write bunkum just for the sake of replying. You claimed those people were from the NCI axis (Anambra, Enugu) and therefore they must speak NCI and I replied you that even though they were from the Northern axis their dialects are not close to NCI at all in any respect.
Bunkum,don't you know that we have two branches of Igbo Izugbe, NCI and SCi? Both regions pick and use each of them.
Now,away from NCI....to your so called dialect. Snice you claim, Nsukka people don't speak your dialect. How will one Rural Nsukka acquire your dialect or NCI if not through interactions with Anambra or NCI speakers?
Mehn,stop dragging your ego. O zuola.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 3:31pm On Oct 24, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

Nna,leave oyo or whatever for Yoruba people.
As far as i know, Igbo actors are not Compelled to use a specific dialect. You speak what you can as long as it falls within SCI or NCI. Inula?

LOL! I've given you 2 similar close examples that closely mirror the Igbo situation in Igboland, each time you keep dodging to reply those answers, and instead 'wanting to limit it only to Igboland' because you've clearly lost your case.

I asked you for link to prove owerri dialect came first in your preferential owerri dialect claim, you failed to do that.

I've asked you severally to quote me where I claimed Anambra people are better than others you could not.

I asked you a simple question on the English language example, you failed to reply me concretely.

I asked you a simple question using the Yoruba language situation, you 'smartly' dodged replying me.

Lol. You're simply mediocre. Instead choosing to run around in circles rather than admit your mistake of quick assumption and falsely read meanings.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 3:33pm On Oct 24, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

Bunkum,don't you know that we have two branches of Igbo Izugbe, NCI and SCi? Both regions pick and use each of them.

LOL! This is the greatest bunkum I've ever heard. grin
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 3:35pm On Oct 24, 2014
bigfrancis21:

LOL! I've given you 2 similar close examples that closely mirror the Igbo situation in Igboland, each time you keep dodging to reply those answers, and instead 'wanting to limit it only to Igboland' because you've clearly lost your case.

I asked you for link to prove owerri dialect came first in your preferential owerri dialect claim, you failed to do that.

I've asked you severally to quote me where I claimed Anambra people are better than others you could not.

I asked you a simple question on the English language example, you failed to reply me concretely.

I asked you a simple question using the Yoruba language situation, you 'smartly' dodged replying me.

Lol. You're simply mediocre. Instead choosing to run around in circles rather than admit your mistake of quick assumption and falsely read meanings.
Lol, you already started searching for pages that will hype your dialect and i trashed it. While not google it and look for the rest?
You are fighting so hard to stick to your useless post and you feel threatened and revert back to insults.
I don't know where you got the impression that people pick your dialect and display it for you. You are indulging in sad generailzation out of your isolated experience.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 3:36pm On Oct 24, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

Now,away from NCI....to your so called dialect. Snice you claim, Nsukka people don't speak your dialect. How will one Rural Nsukka acquire your dialect or NCI if not through interactions with Anambra or NCI speakers?
Mehn,stop dragging your ego. O zuola.

My question to you is having many Anambra actors in Nollywood doesn't force non-Anambrarians to speak NCI. Everyone has their right to speak their dialect in pride of where they come from. But then why do many non-Anambrarians speak it in Nollywood Igbo movies?
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 3:40pm On Oct 24, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

He is telling you that when people speak his dialect,it becomes special. When people use it in movies, it because the default dialect. Forgetting that majority of them are from NCI states!

Thanks for just pointing that fact out to your cohort who claimed initially that Nollywood was run by southern Igboland! grin

Bunch of false claims and lies from two of you.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 3:41pm On Oct 24, 2014
bigfrancis21:

My question to you is having many Anambra actors in Nollywood doesn't force non-Anambrarians to speak NCI. Everyone has their right to speak their dialect in pride of where they come from. But then why do many non-Anambrarians speak it in Nollywood Igbo movies?
Who are the many? You mean the Ngwa man that has never had any interaction with Anambras? You see your sense of reasoning?
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 3:42pm On Oct 24, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

Lol, you already started searching for pages that will hype your dialect and i trashed it. While not google it and look for the rest?
You are fighting so hard to stick to your useless post and you feel threatened and revert back to insults.
I don't know where you got the impression that people pick your dialect and display it for you. You are indulging in sad generailzation out of your isolated experience.

A lifelong experience of over 10 years isn't isolated after all, right? smiley
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 3:44pm On Oct 24, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Thanks for just pointing that fact out to your cohort who claimed initially that Nollywood was run by southern Igboland! grin

Bunch of false claims and lies from two of you.
You have a problem,honestly.
Actors from southern Igboland don't necessarily do Igbo movies.
Perhaps,that why you feel NCI is the default dialect in movies. Chai.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 3:45pm On Oct 24, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

Who are the many? You mean the Ngwa man that has never had any interaction with Anambras? You see your sense of reasoning?

Oh, he already does. From prior exposure to watching Nollywood Igbo movies acted in NCI, to listening to Osadebe, Oliver D' Coque, Flavour, Phyno, Mike Ejeagha, Chinedu Iwuozor etc. Speaking it wouldn't be a problem for him. It's very easy to speak anyway. Just replace 'h' with 'f' and 'la'(o biala) with 'go'(o biago) and you're good to go. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply)

10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. / How Adamawa Governor Sat In Atiku's House (Photo) / Proverbs From The Streets Of Warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.