Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:19 AM

Death Toll Climbs To 75 In Haiti School Collapse - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Death Toll Climbs To 75 In Haiti School Collapse (704 Views)

Haiti Joins African Union / Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? / Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Death Toll Climbs To 75 In Haiti School Collapse by Cayon(f): 8:25pm On Nov 08, 2008
I've been thinking about the children and their families in Haiti.  I went to Haiti several years ago. Those poor people have very little,  . . . .  Just sad to see what little they do have taken away.   Lets keep them in prayer

Peace

PETIONVILLE, Haiti – Rescuers digging through a collapsed school in Haiti pulled more bodies from sandwiched slabs of concrete, raising the death toll to 75 on Saturday as crews continued searching for survivors.

To read more, please click on link http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081108/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/cb_haiti_school_collapse

Re: Death Toll Climbs To 75 In Haiti School Collapse by SeanT21(f): 1:05am On Nov 09, 2008
I saw this on the news.Very SAD!!
Re: Death Toll Climbs To 75 In Haiti School Collapse by Cayon(f): 4:20am On Nov 09, 2008
I really feel sorry for these folks.

here is a country who made a blood pact with the devil. The island is possesed because they refuse to accept God/Christ as their savior. Can you imagine that the leaders have accepted the Voodoo religion and culture, which is violent and destructive in nature, as the official religion of the country

tsk tsk tsk

what can we do but pray

Peace
Re: Death Toll Climbs To 75 In Haiti School Collapse by SeanT21(f): 5:10am On Nov 09, 2008
Cayon:

here is a country who made a blood pact with the devil. The island is possesed because they refuse to accept God/Christ as their savior. Can you imagine that the leaders have accepted the Voodoo religion and culture, which is violent and destructive in nature, as the official religion of the country

tsk tsk tsk

what can we do but pray

Peace

Where did U read all this?
Re: Death Toll Climbs To 75 In Haiti School Collapse by bawomolo(m): 6:50am On Nov 09, 2008
Cayon:

tsk tsk tsk

what can we do but pray

Peace

gibberish. the land was forced into povery due to the debt france charged on haiti after the revolution. the new world colonies also refused to trade with haiti after the revolution. the problem in haiti has nothing to do with God
Re: Death Toll Climbs To 75 In Haiti School Collapse by RichyBlacK(m): 9:02am On Nov 09, 2008
bawomolo:

gibberish. the land was forced into povery due to the debt france charged on haiti after the revolution. the new world colonies also refused to trade with haiti after the revolution. the problem in haiti has nothing to do with God

Correct!

Don't mind all those people blaming either God or the Devil for all the problems Man creates for himself.
Re: Death Toll Climbs To 75 In Haiti School Collapse by Cayon(f): 10:23am On Nov 09, 2008
@bawo

Gibberish as is Haitians are not strong in voodoo and witchcraft?

@seanT - read couple caribbean histroy books. There are Roman Catholics Christians in Haiti but voodoo is the country's national religion. I am not trying to "bring down" Haiti. i am just stating facts that majority of Haitians are into Voodoo (witchcraft). Ask any God fearing Haitians.

@richy:

I was not blaming God for anything. please reread my post. thanks

Peace
Re: Death Toll Climbs To 75 In Haiti School Collapse by RichyBlacK(m): 10:39am On Nov 09, 2008
Cayon:

@richy:

I was not blaming God for anything.  please reread my post. thanks

Peace

@Cayon,

I've reread it as you advised. I wasn't actually referring to you, but the idea that God and the Devil are in charge of everything. I totally disagree with that view because it can make some just fold their hands and do nothing, expecting God to solve their problems.

I don't believe Haiti's recognition of voodoo is the cause of their economic problems. The problem in Haiti is largely due to Western conspiracy against the island nation.

(1) (Reply)

Beginning Tomorrow, 03/03.09. . . Follow The Money Trail & Be Informed / Nato Convoy Attacked In Kabul: 13 Foreign Troops killed. / Obama Sending Us Forces To Libya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.