Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,894 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti (13626 Views)

Haiti Joins African Union / Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? / Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti by Outstrip(f): 2:16am On Jan 14, 2010
For Earthquake relief in Haiti, text YELE to 501501, and a $5 donaton will be sent to YELE.org
The $5.00 will be added to your phone bill at the end of the month.

Please help!!!!! Many are already dead and many more still trapped. $5.00 added to your phone bill is not too much.

Moderators please don't merge this thread. At least for now. I don't want it to get lost in the middle of another thread. We can post updates here on little ways that we can help. Spread the word. You can make it your facebook status or on twitter.
Re: Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti by Outstrip(f): 2:18am On Jan 14, 2010
You can also go directly to yele.org and click on donate

Also
Red Cross needs Creole speaking volunteers for a 24 hour PHONE BANK! CALL B. WILFORD @ 305-776-6900. *also* Medical professionals needed in Haiti. Airlines are working with consulate call 212 697 9767 pass the message!!!!!
Re: Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti by SeanT21(f): 2:54am On Jan 14, 2010
Re: Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti by Outstrip(f): 4:19am On Jan 14, 2010
Thanks SeanT
Re: Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti by Pifa: 4:31am On Jan 14, 2010
Again, I urge you guys to give, if you can. Unless you've seen devastation like this first hand, you can never appreciate the misery in that little country right now.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-381047.0.html
Re: Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti by OAM4J: 4:49am On Jan 14, 2010
I wish to add my voice and support to this gesture.

Please let us help these people at the hour of their need.

I am presently less than 2 hour flight away from Haiti.

The devastation is serious, Hospitals, UN building & many business corporation buildings collapsed.

Lots of UN Peace keeping staff are still missing. thousands of people as I type this are still buried under debris.

dead bodies and lots of wounded people seeking attention, with few available helping hands

Please H E L P
Re: Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti by Outstrip(f): 5:17am On Jan 14, 2010
Thanks y'all. Let's keep any information we run across coming.

This one is directly from the Red Cross website. I think more people find it easier to just text in their donations. So I am adding this also.

Send a $10 Donation by Texting ‘Haiti’ to 90999
. The $10 will be added to your phone bill just like the $5.00 to 501501 with Yele as the message.

Here is the redcross link below with more information

http://www.redcross.org/portal/site/en/menuitem.94aae335470e233f6cf911df43181aa0/?vgnextoid=15c0c5a210826210VgnVCM10000089f0870aRCRD
Re: Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti by No2Atheism(m): 5:23am On Jan 14, 2010
is red cross d only organisation collecting aid money . . is there no haitan organisation collecting aid money . . .
Re: Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti by Outstrip(f): 5:27am On Jan 14, 2010
No2Atheism:

is red cross d only organisation collecting aid money . . is there no haitan organisation collecting aid money . . .

yele.org is a nonprofit Hatian organisation. Read my first post. You can donate via text (501501 and text YELE) and I believe you can do it up to 6 times by text. You can also give more by going to the actual site and donating more
Re: Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti by Pifa: 7:09am On Jan 14, 2010
No2Atheism:

No. There  are other organizations. Follow this link:

How to Make Sure Your Donation Helps Haitian Earthquake Victims
http://blogs.forbes.com/moneybuilder/2010/01/13/how-to-make-sure-your-donation-helps-haitian-earthquake-victims/
Re: Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti by kosovo(m): 7:19am On Jan 14, 2010
Moved to Foreign Affairs
Re: Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti by debosky(m): 11:07am On Jan 14, 2010
now on the home page - please donate as much as you can - no amount is too small.

Another means to donate:

For donations from Canada:

https://www.strategicprofitsinc.com/hosted/humanitarian/index.php?lang=en

For donations from the UK:

https://www.oxfam.org.uk/donate/haiti-earthquake/index.php
Re: Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti by Onwan: 11:10am On Jan 14, 2010
@debosky, poster and other concerned

Thank you for this initiative, God bless you guys.

This should also make Nigerians appreciate what we have and keep it that way with prayers and good words.

Thanks all
Re: Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti by Nobody: 11:13am On Jan 14, 2010
[size=15pt]Help ooo[/size]
Re: Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti by youngies(m): 11:35am On Jan 14, 2010
@People

Is there any way that we in Nigeria can send our own donations/help? cry
Re: Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti by hollandis(f): 12:10pm On Jan 14, 2010
Nonsense hypocrites
Re: Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti by maxtum(m): 1:51pm On Jan 14, 2010
Please i want to help by volunteer myself!where is there embassy self?i need to go and see how i can help ooo
Re: Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti by dramaquin: 2:47pm On Jan 14, 2010
@ poster and others:

how do we in naija help?do we send texts to those numbers also?

how can i volunteer myself?
Re: Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti by duro: 3:22pm On Jan 14, 2010
even we in nigeria need much more relief material.plenty stomachquake dey happen for ordinary nigerian stomach grin
Because una no see their stomach abi?
Re: Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti by koolchicco: 4:27pm On Jan 14, 2010
^^^Funny Dude. cheesy

Abeg make we help the Haitians. cry
Re: Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti by semid4lyfe(m): 4:28pm On Jan 14, 2010
duro:

even we in nigeria need much more relief material.plenty stomachquake dey happen for ordinary nigerian stomach grin
Because una no see their stomach abi?
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti by blandyne(f): 4:56pm On Jan 14, 2010
THANKS A LOT TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It feels good to know that the nigerian people are thinking of us. You guys were ahead of me and are already posted all the links to where we can donate. Thanks Outstrip, SeanT21 and everyone else. Every little bit counts, and also we need your prayers. Please help us pray, As we all can see, it's really bad and we need those prayers more than ever. , This morning i learned that my little cousin died, he was only 8 years old. REST IN PEACE THIERRY I know that you are with GOD our FATHER right now.
Re: Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti by koolchicco: 5:03pm On Jan 14, 2010
^^^ Take heart Sis.
Re: Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti by Divinechoc(f): 5:16pm On Jan 14, 2010
Yes guys, please do whatever you can to help!! every little bit counts.

American Airlines is taking doctors and nurses to Haiti for free. Please call 215-697-9767. Please, spread the word
Re: Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti by Allta(m): 5:24pm On Jan 14, 2010
What is Nairaland doing as a collective unit (business/company/body) to help those in Haiti, I just donated on unicef's website now. Just thought I'd ask Seun
Re: Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti by Iyara(m): 5:42pm On Jan 14, 2010
Divinechoc:

American Airlines is taking doctors and nurses to Haiti for free. Please call 215-697-9767. Please, spread the word

I think that is limited only to those in America.

Meanwhile while donating, try shine your eye because them don start already:

"FBI warning of Haiti earthquake scams"
http://edition.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/wayoflife/01/13/haiti.charity.scams/index.html
Re: Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti by debosky(m): 10:53pm On Jan 14, 2010
This thread is now dedicated to SUPPORT of the Relief Efforts. Any such concerns about 'intellectual' reasoning and asking WHY this was allowed to happen should go elsewhere.

Kindly do your analysis on the following thread and leave this thread for Relief Efforts not playing the blame game.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-381721.0.html

Any contrary posts will be deleted.

Thank you.
Re: Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti by platinumnk(f): 10:59pm On Jan 14, 2010
For people wanting to send funds by wire transfer:

Re: Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti by platinumnk(f): 11:00pm On Jan 14, 2010
Divinechoc:

Thanks Ill spread the word. Can they take regular volunteers?

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=dlattach;id=220219;type=avatar[/img]
Re: Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti by Outstrip(f): 12:24am On Jan 15, 2010
This is wonderful news. $2,000,000.00 raised by texting 90999 to donate $10.00 for Haiti. This shows that NOTHING IS TOO SMALL. This is encouraging and I am glad that we are able to be a part of it. Your "little" money counts.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/01/13/1-million-in-donations-for-haiti-via-text-message/

Nobody can still gauge the scope of the damage so donations are still being accepted.
Re: Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti by platinumnk(f): 12:26am On Jan 15, 2010
Outstrip:

This is wonderful news. $2,000,000.00 raised by texting 90999 to donate $10.00 for Haiti. This shows that NOTHING IS TOO SMALL. This is encouraging and I am glad that we are able to be a part of it. Your "little" money counts.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/01/13/1-million-in-donations-for-haiti-via-text-message/

Nobody can still gauge the scope of the damage so donations are still being accepted.

That is wonderfuL! cheesy
Re: Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti by mamagee3(f): 12:59am On Jan 15, 2010
Please guys don't use this as a plot to scam people. sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Donald Trump Junior And Andrew Giuliani Test Positive For Coronavirus / Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age / UK Foreign Office Dissociates UK From Gowon’s Alleged Looting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.