Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,562 members, 7,770,463 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:55 AM

Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC (34548 Views)

Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack / "Shi'ites: Why People Are Indifferent To The Killings In Zaria" - Vanguard / ‘saddened But Indifferent', Wole Soyinka Answers Rivers State Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by ShehuAba(m): 6:39am On Oct 05, 2014
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo
remains indifferent to the pressures
coming from the Peoples Democratic
Party (PDP) and the All Progressives
Congress (APC), which both sent
emissaries to him on Friday asking for his
support, LEADERSHIP Sunday can now
authoritatively reveal.

The leadership of the APC, represented by
one of its national leaders, Asiwaju
BolaTinubu; former deputy chairman
(South), Segun Oni, and a few others
were in Abeokuta to lobby Obasanjo over
the coming general elections.
On the other hand, the Senate President,
David Mark, and some chieftains of the
ruling PDP also came calling, apparently
on behalf of both the Presidency and the
leadership of the party, asking Obasanjo
kto “forgive and forget the past” and begin
working for the party as it prepares for
the same election.

According to inside sources, both groups
were given the desired audience they
sought for by Obasanjo, but he “refused
to give his word” to either of the
emissaries.
“Both of them had separate audience with
Baba (Obasanjo). They came to lobby him
for their parties against next year’s
general elections, but he refused to give
his word to either of them,” a source
disclosed.

Speaking in the same vein, another source
said, “Tinubu, like he told the journalists
around after the meeting, came to ask for
Baba Obasanjo’s support for his party. He
explained to him about the coming
presidential primaries of his party and the
leading aspirants, (General) Buhari, former
Vice President Atiku Abubakar and Kano
State Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso.
j“He asked Baba if he had anyone at heart
he would like to be the presidential
candidate since he knows the three of
them, but Baba appreciated the trust
Tinubu has in him, but he reminded him
that he is still a PDP card-carrying
member, but as a former president, all the
parties in the country belong to him. He
advised Tinubu to let his party follow due
process as laid down by the Electoral Act
and the party’s constitution,” the source
said.

When it was the turn of the PDP, “David
Mark appreciated Baba for his love for the
jcountry and urged him to rekindle his love
for the PDP as former President and
former chairman, Board of Trustees of the
party. Although he refused to go into the
details, but he made reference to the cold
war between Baba and President
Jonathan and asked Baba to forgive and
forget the past,” the source said.
“Again, Baba thanked the delegation and
said he is always available to contribute
jihis best for the nation. He said whatever
jroles he deems fit, he would still play it.
Baba told him that he bears no grudge
iagainst the party, reminding the
delegation that he remains a strong
member of the PDP.”

Another source who corroborated what
we had been told however gave reasons
for the position of Obasanjo.
“You should not forget that Baba is not
only a retired general, but he has ruled
there country more than anyone else, either
living or dead, and he knows the
implication of giving promises to anyone.
I believe it is too early to predict what he
would do. There are three options left
before him: to forget the past and
campaign for Jonathan, though that
would hurt him because up till now,
Jonathan has not told Baba he is
contesting; to dump PDP and join APC, or
work for its candidate.

But if I may tell
you, the only person that could make that
happen is if somebody like Kwankwaso
emerges the candidate, which I doubt too
much; and the third option is for Baba to
be playing the role of an elder-statesman
who would not shut his doors against
whoever comes to him,” he concluded.

http://leadership.ng/news/386139/obasanjo-mark-tinubu-others-im-indifferent-pdp-apc

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Billygee2u: 6:41am On Oct 05, 2014
OBJ,who cares?

19 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by ShehuAba(m): 6:41am On Oct 05, 2014
Baba iyabo, you better let the whole world know where you truly belong, Before it's too late.

But one thing tells me that, He might later work for that "OTUOKE MAN".

Time shall tell.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by chinwike2(m): 7:12am On Oct 05, 2014
@OP Who wants to renew the otta chicken farmer's expired political relevance ?

11 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by philantoxx(m): 7:14am On Oct 05, 2014
this old men won't let us have fresh air in the political hemisphere.

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by nedu2000(m): 7:24am On Oct 05, 2014
At his age and vast experience(war,presidency,prison etc),he's towing the path of wisdom.
Whether we admit it or not,APC is the party of the yoruba people,it didn't matter then,when he was president but now its different. Obj has to tread softly,he wouldn't want his name 'demonised' in his region as an enemy after he's gone..
As for the PDP his allegiance/loyalty won't 'ave been brought into question but the way of GEJ's actions/policies (personal issues maybe involved I must admit) could've brought Obj to this dilemma of choice between these two corrupt parties

39 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by brainpower(m): 7:30am On Oct 05, 2014
You can't take away the fact that this man still wields so much power in Nigerian politics. But I still believe he will not openly work for APC, that's if he even thinks it and if they give Atiku their flag, then OBJ will make sure Atiku losses by all means. Its obvious that he has some issues with GEJ which is understandable knowing how power hungry he is and knowing that no president will actually want his fate or power to rest on a former president. But one of them could compromise soon probably GEJ. Imagine baba on a platform campaigning for a party with his bad mouth and charisma. But baba can't work for APC. All he wants is to shake GEJ and see what he can salvage for his boys that still want power. Talking about Tinubu! This man can do anything to get power. If there's anybody that shouldn't be trusted in APC, I think he is the one. Imagine democratic party leaders going to George Bush to beg him to be the captain of their ship for election. With this alone, they will never win any election in the US. That's how he sponsored some people for them to attend Democratic party convention in the US the last time. He is tired of power from states, he wants to be incharge of the centre and Buhari or Atiku or Kwankwaso can't give him that. That's why I think he may betray them soon.

22 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by EdCure: 7:31am On Oct 05, 2014
OBJ, work for APC if you want Nigerians to forgive you.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by size38: 7:33am On Oct 05, 2014
Since Baba OBJ is still a card carrying member of the PDP, I advice GEJ to go to Baba and ask for forgiveness himself. Not by sending senate president, David Mark. If it is to abuse APC and Amaechi, GEJ is ready to open his mouth and talk for 48 hours. GEJ is the one seeking to be re elected as the president of Naija and not David Mark. So GEJ should go himself

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 05, 2014
chinwike2:
@OP Who wants to renew the otta chicken farmer's expired political relevance ?

That's not fair at all. Obasanjo did his best for this country on the two separate occasions that he led. The country he led was more united while he was in power. I agree that he should be apolitical but don't think that OBJ should show indifference. Baba, please earn your pension.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Nobody: 7:39am On Oct 05, 2014
Until you tell me exactly how much influence Obasanjo has on the voting decision of xyz number of voters (including party convention delegates and the general electorate), you haven't said anything. The so-called visits to the Ota chicken farmer are merely social, goodwill visits. Much like how you might periodically check on your old, terminally ill uncle in the village to see how he is faring. . .

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by omenka(m): 7:46am On Oct 05, 2014
Billygee2u:
OBJ,who cares?
Wise men care and that's why they keep consulting with him. But I don't expect kids with no idea about the mechanics of Nigerian politics to.

Obj is just waiting to see in which direction the tide is flowing before taking a plunge.

Wise old fox. smiley

52 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 05, 2014
Baba is truly displaying true political dexterity.

In politics,personal interest supersedes..

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 05, 2014
Obasanjo is useful to Nigeria, especially at the international fora. OBJ has friends he can pick phone and talk to at any time; friends like Jimmy Carter and Bill Gates. His friendship with Gates brought in the Gates Foundation. The Foundation provided support for the tuberculosis and other infectious diseases clinic which formed the foundation for successful containment of Ebola virus in Nigeria. OBJ was friends with leaders of Britain, South Africa, Ghana, Botswana, etc. Now what influence do we have outside the country. Our president doesn't even wield influence outside Niger Delta. Just hangers on and leeches singing 'no one but you'.

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by LibrarianD: 8:00am On Oct 05, 2014
I now see a sort of relationship in the politicking of Tambuwal and Obasanjo *still observing*

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Oyecute(m): 8:45am On Oct 05, 2014
Diplomacy of the highest order. ... . Baba get wisdom but failed to harness it for 'Naija's repair'

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by networkrecharg: 8:46am On Oct 05, 2014
OBJ IS A KINGMAKER

.... D BEST PRESIDENT WE EVER HAD

chinwike2:
@OP Who
wants to renew the otta chicken farmer's expired political relevance ?

23 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by amakufrancis(m): 8:48am On Oct 05, 2014
this cunny baba, pdp nor apc should not play games with him; well its on d party risk

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 05, 2014
Since Baba OBJ is still a card carrying
member of the PDP, wat tinubu did amounts to anti party activity.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Lordseyad(m): 9:02am On Oct 05, 2014
Ok
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 05, 2014
Obj should just sit down and spectate... he has ruled more dan anyone else dosnt make him the owner of our beloved country, I tink he shuld use this medium as a step to pull out of the political hemisphere...by not supporting any party on the count of greed or god fathering!
He should sit back, relax and enjoy the show... cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by DONGOYARO1: 9:04am On Oct 05, 2014
SOS

The Higgi tribe are the main ethnic group in Michika local government of Adamawa state. Boko Haram has been in the complete control of Michika for the past three weeks bringing death and destruction in their wake.

The Nigerian army/government arent doing anything to help the Higgi people chase out the Haramites that have taken over their land.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by adeoladrg(m): 9:05am On Oct 05, 2014
Kontunu!
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by publicenemy(m): 9:05am On Oct 05, 2014
President Obasanjo... Nigeria"s best president ever.

Very wise man...unlike this dickless daft whose wife controls.

22 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by sammieguze(m): 9:06am On Oct 05, 2014
Time will tell. Time always tells anyway

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Bennyberry(m): 9:06am On Oct 05, 2014
the oracle has spoken
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Sermwell(m): 9:07am On Oct 05, 2014
Baba that's your bussines oo because its...

GEJ TILL 2029!!!

15 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Nlmadfreak: 9:07am On Oct 05, 2014
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by azimibraun: 9:08am On Oct 05, 2014
Something tells me baba has some files nobody would want him to dust o! E get some kind files wey dem no need dust on top person matter sha. Am sure baba hs enough on all intending aspirants plus otueke nigga.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 05, 2014
Baba himself
Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Stantiques: 9:10am On Oct 05, 2014
Obj..go rest..u tried ur best to positon d countrybuh ur best was not good enof.we dnt need u again.kip ur advice for amosun n osoba..nigeria ship have set sail and its not waitin for anybody.enjoy ur retiremnt sir.

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Reveals: I Am Indifferent To PDP, APC by Pennywise(m): 9:10am On Oct 05, 2014
IF PDP has any true leadership, Obj would have since been banned for anti party activities. Unfortunately PDP like Nigeria has no real leader. They are just a directionless set of people doing any and everything to make a quick buck.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Commissioning Of 4 Nigerian Navy Warships By President Jonathan / Kashim Shettima's Emergence, Performance At NBA AGM Ruffles Feathers / INEC Reveals Condition For Voting After 2:30pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.