Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,901 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

Can I Start A Family On A 60k Per Month Salary???? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Start A Family On A 60k Per Month Salary???? (3612 Views)

Lion Opens Car Door Surprise Family On Vacation / Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? / For Goodness Sake, Protect Your Privacy And That Of Your Family On Facebook! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Start A Family On A 60k Per Month Salary???? by jaeik: 7:50pm On Oct 05, 2014
Pls i need your candid advise,can i start a family,i mean get married and live comfortable in Benin city on a salary of 60k per month..? Pls i need candid response
Re: Can I Start A Family On A 60k Per Month Salary???? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 05, 2014
Men, you're not gonna live comfortably with ya wife,,,,,, 60k per month is way too small for a family man. IMO
Re: Can I Start A Family On A 60k Per Month Salary???? by leonard509(m): 7:54pm On Oct 05, 2014
Noo
Re: Can I Start A Family On A 60k Per Month Salary???? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 05, 2014
jaeik:
Pls i need your candid advise,can i start a family,i mean get married and live comfortable in Benin city on a salary of 60k per month..? Pls i need candid response

Don't attempt it!
Re: Can I Start A Family On A 60k Per Month Salary???? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 05, 2014

5 Likes

Re: Can I Start A Family On A 60k Per Month Salary???? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 05, 2014
Nah man, 100k min. Even @ dat u no go sleep wella

1 Like

Re: Can I Start A Family On A 60k Per Month Salary???? by Mrval20(m): 8:01pm On Oct 05, 2014
If your wife is working, you expect your salary to be continuously increased over time due to promotion and you're not the extravagant type, then you can live comfortably with your wife.
Re: Can I Start A Family On A 60k Per Month Salary???? by Abduletudaye(m): 8:02pm On Oct 05, 2014
jaeik:

My man.... Yes you can. But you have to be wise with your spending.. I know of someone who earns 19K/month he has a wife and two kids.. So yours is way better.. Be wise.

1 Like

Re: Can I Start A Family On A 60k Per Month Salary???? by jacabi(m): 8:07pm On Oct 05, 2014
It's depends on your life style as well as that of your spouse.

1 Like

Re: Can I Start A Family On A 60k Per Month Salary???? by ifyalways(f): 8:09pm On Oct 05, 2014
If your wife is working, you can. Not gonna be an easy ride but with good planning, patience it's doable. However dont relax, enlarge your tent :- look for better job options, field related short courses etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Start A Family On A 60k Per Month Salary???? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 05, 2014
If your wife is earning a reasonable amount and can contribute then you can manage but you also need to consider your partner, is she from the kind of background where she will be able to cope with managing. Also don't make the mistake of having kids till you start earning more o, your family members will try and pressurize you to start having kids immediately even though they won't help you pay for the upbringing so you have to be the type that's strong willed and stick to you decision.

1 Like

Re: Can I Start A Family On A 60k Per Month Salary???? by egopersonified(f): 8:24pm On Oct 05, 2014
Op, you can even get married on less, it all depends on how you spend. But make sure you let your wife know that you wouldnt be able to meet all her 'wants' and ensure she is doing something too. The moment she starts staying home for years without working and you can keep up with all the expenses, you are OYO.#myopinion.

1 Like

Re: Can I Start A Family On A 60k Per Month Salary???? by tintingz(m): 8:52pm On Oct 05, 2014
Why not...?

Just spend/manage your money like an economist, accountant. smiley

If your wife-to-be is working that will be very good.
Re: Can I Start A Family On A 60k Per Month Salary???? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 05, 2014
jaeik:
Depends on your definition of comfort. . Some people earn less yet comfortable while some earn more and are uncomfortable. .

For me, if your wife works, then you will be fine.. or you can just cut your coat according to your cloth by cutting down your standard of living and making do with what you earn....

But must you marry now?

1 Like

Re: Can I Start A Family On A 60k Per Month Salary???? by ehiblessing(f): 8:59pm On Oct 05, 2014
Op u can but ur wife ve got to ve something doin no matter how small benin is not expensive to leave in, my advice is try and save ur rent money monthly it wud be easier to renew d rent when time comes, if ur wife is into business u can invest in her b4 getting married so her business wud be very stable.Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Can I Start A Family On A 60k Per Month Salary???? by EfemenaXY: 9:15pm On Oct 05, 2014
jaeik: Pls i need your candid advise,can i start a family,i mean get married and live comfortable in Benin city on a salary of 60k per month..? Pls i need candid response

Do you plan on having kids anytime soon? You need to factor them in too, when doing your sums.

You also need to go do some research on the associated costs involved with raising a kid, and see if you're financially ready for that.
Re: Can I Start A Family On A 60k Per Month Salary???? by Kirinwa: 9:22pm On Oct 05, 2014
Op where a lot of people live on less you are a chairman.

I wish to assume you already have a rented apartment.I hope 2 years house rent of the apartment is not more than ur 3 months salary? This is to make it easier for you.

I wish to believe you have at least #300,000 in your savings account? With that you are good to go.

Finally I hope you are marrying a working class girl or someone who has a handiwork?

Consider these factors.

1 Like

Re: Can I Start A Family On A 60k Per Month Salary???? by Kirinwa: 9:26pm On Oct 05, 2014
With #1000 only a wife who is economical can cook good soup lasting for 1 week. So its possible.

1 Like

Re: Can I Start A Family On A 60k Per Month Salary???? by Kirinwa: 9:37pm On Oct 05, 2014
tatiana009:
If your wife is earning a reasonable amount and can contribute then you can manage but you also need to consider your partner, is she from the kind of background where she will be able to cope with managing. Also don't make the mistake of having kids till you start earning more o, your family members will try and pressurize you to start having kids immediately even though they won't help you pay for the upbringing so you have to be the type that's strong willed and stick to you decision.

Somebody earning 60k should not have children? Haah.
All these gatemen, car washer men, factory workers being paid #15000 get married and bear children much more op.

Don't you some people marry on credit?

1 Like

Re: Can I Start A Family On A 60k Per Month Salary???? by delishpot: 10:03pm On Oct 05, 2014
Hmn, you can sha o, but is your woman ready to endure? Is she ready to wear same clothe to women meeting for more than 3 times? Is she willing to forgo Aso Ebi while her "fellow women" rock it to group functions? If she can cope, then go ahead but abeg, save well before una get bele o. Make una tata no cone hungry too much unless you have people who are willing to assist.
I pray God upgrade you faster than lightning wink. Its well
Re: Can I Start A Family On A 60k Per Month Salary???? by jaeik: 10:39pm On Oct 05, 2014
delishpot:
Hmn, you can sha o, but is your woman ready to endure? Is she ready to wear same clothe to women meeting for more than 3 times? Is she willing to forgo Aso Ebi while her "fellow women" rock it to group functions? If she can cope, then go ahead but abeg, save well before una get bele o. Make una tata no cone hungry too much unless you have people who are willing to assist.
I pray God upgrade you faster than lightning wink. Its well

Amen!
Re: Can I Start A Family On A 60k Per Month Salary???? by talktimi(m): 11:16pm On Oct 05, 2014
lipsrsealed shiver me timbers shocked

ol boy, highly avoid extended family people their problems when you eventually get married and like people above have stated earlier, its much easier with a working class wife or as the bible describes her, "a virtuous woman"

Be prudent and you'll surely pull through though it ain't easy sha
Re: Can I Start A Family On A 60k Per Month Salary???? by Nobody: 5:05am On Oct 06, 2014
I already have my MBA programm running. I studied Mathematics (Bsc) but i am working in a Geoscience company,thats why i am considering a PGD degree and maybe an Msc degree in Geology

https://www.nairaland.com/1896617/hope-pgd-holders

so they pay you 60k? sad shocked

jaeik:

Amen!

Pls i need ur help, im currently experincing brownish colour discharge with very offensive smell from my viginal.pls advice

https://www.nairaland.com/1568021/pls-doctor-brownish-offensive-odor

Are you a male or a female? Because all the advice on this thread are male-centric angry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Can I Start A Family On A 60k Per Month Salary???? by DesChyko: 5:12am On Oct 06, 2014
Surely.
You just need a great plan. Every family needs one, whether 60k, 10k or 1m per month.
Re: Can I Start A Family On A 60k Per Month Salary???? by kemesty(f): 6:51am On Oct 06, 2014
Do not take this guy or lady serious. Check his previous posts. A very confused fella seeking attention.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Start A Family On A 60k Per Month Salary???? by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 06, 2014
I know a top diamond bank staff that is in forties and waiting for better salary to settle down. I don't know how much he earns but by my accessing him, he has house in ajah and two brand new cars and lives very large. But still waiting for better day while someone with just 25k salary with much focus marry and bear children. All attribute to cut your clothes according to size. Those on basic salary of 18k still marry. Just make sure your wife is working or have good business set up before you marry, or else it will affect your marriage finances later.
Re: Can I Start A Family On A 60k Per Month Salary???? by Joy83(m): 7:37am On Oct 06, 2014
Kirinwa:
With #1000 only a wife who is economical can cook good soup lasting for 1 week. So its possible.
I believe that soup will not have meat, and also the fish must be shawa if it will get any encouragement at all.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Start A Family On A 60k Per Month Salary???? by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 06, 2014
Why not? Benin is not an expensive city. A 3 bedroom flat starts from 120. If u save just 10k for rent a month, accommodation is settled. Transport is relatively cheap. That is a city I grew up in so I know.
10k rent
20k feeding
10k transport.
15k others
5k monthly savings

Let's be honest, people in smaller cities who earn less than a 100 usually live better than most in bigger cities who earn times two of that amount.

It's best to start a family now and struggle to move forward than to be waiting for a better job that may never come and by the time u wise up, u have gotten older. Encourage ur fiancee to find something doing no matter how little. A driver in my office earns 50k, lives in Lagos and has 5 kids yet he is surviving and his kids go to school.
Re: Can I Start A Family On A 60k Per Month Salary???? by jaydee87(m): 8:21am On Oct 06, 2014
for me its possible to start a family with 60k but as many as said ur wife must be willing to help too and you must not be exotic in ur lifestyle at least for now.
Re: Can I Start A Family On A 60k Per Month Salary???? by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 06, 2014
jaydee87:
for me its possible to start a family with 60k but as many as said ur wife must be willing to help too and you must not be exotic in ur lifestyle at least for now.

Is the op a man or a woman?
Re: Can I Start A Family On A 60k Per Month Salary???? by Ninilowo(m): 12:14pm On Oct 06, 2014
Yes you can, provided ur wife is working and earnings 40k and above. Also she should be ready to merge resources with you. But if otherwise, abeg, hold on. Even if the requirements are met, you have to secure a decent apartment, get some household equipment, and get some reserves before marriage preparations put you off balance.
Re: Can I Start A Family On A 60k Per Month Salary???? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 06, 2014
To me, you can.
Provided your wife is working too and your income is stable.
We have married men earning 40k in Lagos and are modest and are content while they keep striving for the better.
After all, you are not going to keep getting same salary till you grow grey hair.
If you are driven by success and achievement then do what you got to do and keep pushing.

I suppose you already have basic things set up though.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Father Kept Malice With Me For Four Year For This Reason / The Different Kinds Of Nigerian Mothers / Help Help! My Cousin Is Blackmailing Me For Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.