Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,246 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard (16295 Views)

How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics / 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above / World Most Dangerous Airports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by oluwadanie1(m): 1:41am On Oct 06, 2014
The Director-General, Bureau of Public Enterprise, Mr Benjamin Dikki, said in Abuja that the privatization of federal airports in the country would commence soon.

Dikki made this known in his presentation on “Reforms and Privatisation Opportunities in Nigeria” at the ongoing 9th Abuja International Trade Fair. He said that although the Federal Government had made substantial investment in the aviation sector, a lot still remained to be done, adding that it was the reason why the government was considering privatising the airports.

“We are planning to commence the privatisation of airports; the airports will be more efficient if the private sector is running them. Very soon, we will engage the Minister of Aviation and we will start a new process of privatising or concession of airports just like we have done with the seaports. We are likely to grant concession of maybe 15 to 20 years, according to the business model agreed on, so that investors can make a reasonable return on the investment during the concession period,” he said.

Dikki also disclosed that BPE was working on the process of privatising some coal blocs and sale of non-core assets of Nigeria Coal Corporation (NCC) and Nigeria Mining Corporation. He said that the National Council on Privatisation had already approved the sale of residential houses and lands of NCC, Naraguta and Maiduguri Bricks, non-core assets of Makeri, and the Ogwashi-Azagba Coal Bloc.

He said that the bureau was currently working to hasten the passage of some bills, including the Railway Bill, Inland Waterways Bill, Federal Road Authority Bill, Ports and Harbour Reform Bill and Postal Reform Bill. He explained that the bills, when passed, would eliminate monopoly in all key sectors of the economy, create more jobs and deepen economic growth.

In his speech, the President, Abuja Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture (ABUCCIMA), Mr Solomon Nyagba, said that the association was ready to partner BPE to make the Abuja Trade Fair Centre better.

“ABUCCIMA wants to make this trade fair ground the most organised in Africa.

“We want to partner BPE to get investors to help us in building the largest shopping centre in Africa and bigger exhibition facilities and a five-star hotel.

“We want to create conducive place for investors and consumers to mingle,” he said.

Nyagba urged BPE to resume the process of privatizing the oil and gas sector to improve the power supply situation in the country.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/fg-privatise-airports-soon-3/
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by sample042(m): 1:53am On Oct 06, 2014
Na me be dis for FRONTPAGE!
No it's like am dreaming.

Abeg mk una no vex ooo! I've bn dreaming for dis day.

Dis is one of doz tins dat mks nairaland lively, seeing ur post in FTC.

Doz lookn for dislike post, asimgi KAA!

Finally, i dedicate dis memorable thread 2 all my enlightening posts dat SEUN n CO. refusd 2 move to front page.

Dalu nu!

21 Likes

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by MrKnowitall: 1:54am On Oct 06, 2014
This is good. It makes no economical sense for a federal government to be operating an airport.

17 Likes

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by MayorofLagos(m): 2:37am On Oct 06, 2014
How mush is Enugu seaport.....ooops, excuse me, i mean airport going for? cheesy

16 Likes

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by Nobody: 3:54am On Oct 06, 2014
If that would make it efficient,and make it compete with other world-class airport,no biggie.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by deeptechcool(m): 4:23am On Oct 06, 2014
Please do FG. Let the cake sharing continue

5 Likes

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by msmon(m): 6:34am On Oct 06, 2014
If it will make the airports to be run effectively and effenciently, they should go ahead. Another things is that the FG can use the money saved from that sector to better the life of the citizenry, the only concern I have though is that so called leader will 'satisfy' themselves first.

6 Likes

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by lilprinze: 6:59am On Oct 06, 2014
Nigerian is a joke.

10 Likes

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by rattlesnake(m): 9:38am On Oct 06, 2014
Won't work...where is our $9.3m angry

16 Likes

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by Blackchampion(m): 9:39am On Oct 06, 2014
Nigeria privatizing all d sectors snc 1900

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by since2005(f): 9:39am On Oct 06, 2014
[size=20pt]Soon this people will privatize Nigeria!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed [/size]

21 Likes

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by CharlieMaria(m): 9:39am On Oct 06, 2014
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by Iaz93: 9:40am On Oct 06, 2014
Our Government is privatizing everything in Nigeria.

Always giving useless excuses; that they can't manage it. B*llsh*t!

I hope one day they don't wake up and sell our country.

6 Likes

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by ramdris(m): 9:40am On Oct 06, 2014
If everything is privatized what then will fg b doing?

8 Likes

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by gift01: 9:40am On Oct 06, 2014
To The various Goodluck supporters

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by pansophist(m): 9:40am On Oct 06, 2014
privatization is not advisable.
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by Blackchampion(m): 9:41am On Oct 06, 2014
since2005:
H
Even u?
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by ruem: 9:41am On Oct 06, 2014
hope changes would be felt, not like the refinery talk.

1 Like

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by donciccio: 9:42am On Oct 06, 2014
Another papa deceive pikin things again.

7 Likes

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by stinggy(m): 9:42am On Oct 06, 2014
If it means our lagos airport will no more experience power failure, the flooding of enugu airport will be a thing of past and the ibadan one will get the 'proper' face-lift, then it's a welcome development. And provided government will keep tabs on concessionees to ensure best practices are followed.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by omalistic(f): 9:42am On Oct 06, 2014
Huh?!!!

They will soon privatize the masses shocked
We've been sold in this country, we just don't know it yet undecided

Like if you think its time for a revolution sad

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by constance500: 9:42am On Oct 06, 2014
I just dey observe
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by shadelek(m): 9:43am On Oct 06, 2014
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by slinkman(m): 9:43am On Oct 06, 2014
they should even privatize the air, the rain, the wind, the mass, the everything in Nigeria. hoodlums

2 Likes

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by bigfat12(m): 9:44am On Oct 06, 2014
finally

2 Likes

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by otijah(m): 9:44am On Oct 06, 2014
whereby the FG can't manage its airports am not gainst the idea.
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by mascot87(m): 9:44am On Oct 06, 2014
I don't give a derm angry

1 Like

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 06, 2014
Jonathan has sold out our future... Power, Refineries and now airport.... If he cant fix things he should leave them for the future generation to make changes in the country.... The govt is capable of providing power for the entire nation; however, due to laziness of the government, it has sold out our future... Lets kick against this selfish act as they need money since election is in the corner...

5 Likes

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by teniola55(m): 9:45am On Oct 06, 2014
R.I.P NIGERA..."Nigeria de lese jesu,ibi ti akoni rirawa"...The future of this country is so bleak,imagine privatising an airport.SMH..Goodluck Ebele Johnathan with his "namby pamby" decision of should i say,he is a dogmatic president...

2 Likes

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by Bryan12(m): 9:46am On Oct 06, 2014
The only thing I keep hearing since this present administration came into power is overhype of how the power sector was improved and the privatization of everything.
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 06, 2014
Soon and very soon, Nigeria will have nothing to call her own. Soon the government will privatise each citizen and guess who is gonna buy us?

4 Likes

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by Sunymoore(m): 9:46am On Oct 06, 2014
Soon, the CBN will be privatised and one day the government will have nothing to call their own.
Naija I hail thee

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Trailer & Petroleum Tanker Collide On Ibadan-osun Expressway This Morning / Enugu Airport: Easter Deadline Suspended Because Of Workers’ Withdrawal / My Field Trip To Olumo Rock In Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.