Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard (16320 Views)

How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics / 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above / World Most Dangerous Airports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by freshdude99(m): 12:02pm On Oct 06, 2014
MayorofLagos:
How mush is Enugu seaport.....ooops, excuse me, i mean airport going for? cheesy
since ur the mayor of logos, u should know better about lagos and leave Enugu and igbos out of it, FOOL

1 Like

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by ylordy(m): 12:13pm On Oct 06, 2014
is a welcome development I don't see why govt will be trying to monopolize all the sector when they know that they can't manage them, privatisation is key to development .
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by PStacks(m): 12:19pm On Oct 06, 2014
Privatisation is just a way of the government saying.. Look! I don't want to be responsible, who can be responsible for me..

The government is forgetting that there Is no free lunch anywhere.

The private investors would be responsible but at a cost to the citizenry..

Nigeria is a shame of a country very soon the government would privatise the country..

2 Likes

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by fxskye: 12:21pm On Oct 06, 2014
parrotibaba:
sm peeps here na....lipsrsealed
but anyways privatisation is d way forward,in other to reduce "THIEFERY" from d govt officials but d most important thing is dat it(the airport ,if privatized) will be handle with care now,not being abandoned by govt officials for years

A "working" Govt would not privatize its primary basic economic hub/facilities especially in developing nation like ours.
This is another evidence that GEJ is a corrupt one. If there is a lot of thievery which is evident anyway, a thorough govt would be bold enough to sanitize d environment with discipline that will lead to a better society.

But does GEJ admin free from corruption? Obviously NO!

Sorry, I think this idea is coming from d usual opposition part....APC

1 Like

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by erico2k2(m): 12:22pm On Oct 06, 2014
PStacks:
Privatisation is just a way of the government saying.. Look! I don't want to be responsible, who can be responsible for me..

The government is forgetting that there Is no free lunch anywhere.

The private investors would be responsible but at a cost to the citizenry..

Nigeria is a shame of a country very soon the government would privatise the country..
How is it going to be at a cost to the citizenry, don't forget the Airport produces nothing rather than services.
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by Sunday17: 12:27pm On Oct 06, 2014
It's a good move... i saw different in electricity in my hood as it privatise.... Let's do that tooo
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by syphonnwa: 12:29pm On Oct 06, 2014
I look at people when the comment without reasoning.....'Heathrow airport n JFK are managed by private firm blah blah blah'....you forget that uk n us are no match for us. The power status n comsumption of Heathrow Airport alone is more than our national grid.do we have a water corporation as a nation, where will the fire dept get water in event of fire outbreak? Privatization is for the good of the citizens not for the government. This is exercise is like running without crawling......No job n all.....the privatization will definitely lead to more lose of jobs.........I may sound disjointed cos I have alot to say......I am sorry for nigeria n silly nigerians

2 Likes

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 06, 2014
Hi
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by Thomsbuky(m): 12:49pm On Oct 06, 2014
Why in name of sanity would any government want to sell it Airport? Our Airport is vital to enable government to control it border and security of nation. Did government realise consequence of these Airports falling to wrong hand? (imagine bokoharamites miilionaires/sympathisers buy Bornu Airport) Why would government want to enturst this vital duties to looters or foreign firms ? The privatisation of PHCN, what is the outcome? Its same tax payer that keep bearing burden of subsidies in order keep it performing.. Does this government have mandate to keep privatisation of all these vital organs ? Do they even debates and seek for national public opinion on these issue? This government keep making same fundamental mistakes and nobody can hold them accountable....Due to non functioning, or existent of other public standardize organisations that can hold them responsible...Its a pity nobody can stop these emissary of looters... As always remark hear on NL GEJ till 2019....

3 Likes

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by uzolexis(f): 1:04pm On Oct 06, 2014
erico2k2:

U lack basic Economic sense,I assume you have never left Nigeria to the western world, No Airport in the west is owned By its Government, they are all privately owned, Heathrow is Owned by BAA so those JFK,and the rest
I beg to disagree,some airports in the west are owned by the government,pls be very sure of the facts before you mk statements like this

2 Likes

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 06, 2014
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by Thomsbuky(m): 1:48pm On Oct 06, 2014
erico2k2:

U lack basic Economic sense,I assume you have never left Nigeria to the western world, No Airport in the west is owned By its Government, they are all privately owned, Heathrow is Owned by BAA so those JFK,and the rest

BAA means British Airport Authority which is own by government local authorities...The BAA was renamed as Heathrow Airport Holdings in 2012 to reflect Heathrow Airport being its main business. , its was, bought by spanish Ferrovial in 2006. However government and local authority still own Airport manage some vital duties immigration and securities. Ferrovial makes money from charging landing fees to airlines and increasingly from ancillary operations within those airports such as retail and property. It owns and operates four airports within the UK. Even under the name BAA, it did not operate all UK airports as most are in the ownership of local authorities or other corporations.

1 Like

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by datribune: 1:51pm On Oct 06, 2014
ylordy:
is a welcome development I don't see why govt will be trying to monopolize all the sector when they know that they can't manage them, privatisation is key to development .

Insanity is repeating d same mistake over &
over & expecting different results. Since d days of d TCPC under d goggled one, Abacha to d days of BPE under OBJ & GEJ, privatization in nigeria has never been about promoting efficiency but about asset stripping, sharing of our national patrimony & concentrating d assets of our nation in d hands of a privileged few.
d govt corporations, infrastructure etc built over many years & generations & dat should rightly belong to our children & grand children ar being shared within a cabal in deals dat reek wit corruption & infamy.
Where ar d proceeds frm privatization?. Nigerians hav lost their companies forever wit d lands, buildings & properties & d proceeds frm these sales hav been looted.

1 Like

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 06, 2014
Difference is even if you are right, and I doubt it, is that when Heathrow was sold off, it was not for peanuts and to foreign corporations with no conditions attached.
Thomsbuky:

BAA means British Airport Authority which is own by government local authorities...The BAA was renamed as Heathrow Airport Holdings in 2012 to reflect Heathrow Airport being its main business. , its was, bought by spanish Ferrovial in 2006. However government and local authority still own Airport manage some vital duties immigration and securities. Ferrovial makes money from charging landing fees to airlines and increasingly from ancillary operations within those airports such as retail and property. It owns and operates four airports within the UK. Even under the name BAA, it did not operate all UK airports as most are in the ownership of local authorities or other corporations.
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by ylordy(m): 3:02pm On Oct 06, 2014
I understand you but have you seen in any country where govt manage almost %96 of the total industries , companies etc and the country didn't fall?
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by Werehkpe: 4:31pm On Oct 06, 2014
[size=30pt]Very soon FG will privatize the presidency o[/size]
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by erico2k2(m): 4:50pm On Oct 06, 2014
syphonnwa:
I look at people when the comment without reasoning.....'Heathrow airport n JFK are managed by private firm blah blah blah'....you forget that uk n us are no match for us. The power status n comsumption of Heathrow Airport alone is more than our national grid.do we have a water corporation as a nation, where will the fire dept get water in event of fire outbreak? Privatization is for the good of the citizens not for the government. This is exercise is like running without crawling......No job n all.....the privatization will definitely lead to more lose of jobs.........I may sound disjointed cos I have alot to say......I am sorry for nigeria n silly nigerians
If they where not privatized, the wont get to the stage they where now if they left it all for the govt to RUN, just so you know, the Govt SOLD ROYAL MAIL just last year cos they could no run it no more, even the BBC is not owned by the Govt so try and get your facts right.
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by erico2k2(m): 4:51pm On Oct 06, 2014
GenBuhari:
Difference is even if you are right, and I doubt it, is that when Heathrow was sold off, it was not for peanuts and to foreign corporations with no conditions attached.
It was sold for an amount presented on the stock exchange, details which is available in the public domain, if buying a part was my head ache I could.

1 Like

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by cocoduck: 4:51pm On Oct 06, 2014
syphonnwa:
your are a fat liar. so just STFU
travel and see things
a young traveller is a lot wiser than a fvcking old villager. because you happened to have access to a c100 you now claim what you have no fvcking idea about.
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by erico2k2(m): 4:54pm On Oct 06, 2014
uzolexis:

I beg to disagree,some airports in the west are owned by the government,pls be very sure of the facts before you mk statements like this
Name one please, since you got facts,Im waiting,let me make it Easy for you, Name one in Belgium.
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 06, 2014
American Airports are among the most privatized in the world. It is a good model for Nigeria. The Federal Government has too much businesses that are not even profitable. Government has no business in business, lets privatize these moribund institutions and lessen the baggage of corruption. Bi-Courtney will eventually have a new boss. Lets see how you can milk them.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by styvhin(m): 5:05pm On Oct 06, 2014
Those who do not agree with this privatization scheme, most of whom are enjoying better power supply than before should have a rethink........don't forget that "what ever is owned by everyone suffers from lack of maintenance"...has there been no difference since the power sector was privatized?.....(of cuz there has been)...and why can't this positive change be replicated in all other suffering privatizeable sectors providing basic social amenities?...look, when these sectors are privatized, the federal government doesn't totally lose control of them, a percentage of decisions are still made by the federal government!!!....meanwhile, the new private owner who wishes to make more profit out of his new business upgrades, hereby providing better services to Nigerians! .....making monies saved available for other projects...(but I still entertain the fear of such funds being embedded)...but then in the hands of the right man a change will come.......... and is there any harm in trials?
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by erico2k2(m): 5:17pm On Oct 06, 2014
Billyonaire:
American Airports are among the most privatized in the world. It is a good model for Nigeria. The Federal Government has too much businesses that are not even profitable. Government has no business in business, lets privatize these moribund institutions and lessen the baggage of corruption. Bi-Courtney will eventually have a new boss. Lets see how you can milk them.

God bless you, nice thinking, lets see how they would not stop corruption when it goes private, lets see how they will award uncountable contract
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by Gorrbachev: 5:34pm On Oct 06, 2014
The highways should be privatised via concessions and tolled too. If this is done, Nigerians can sue the companies for potholes, accidents and take home good money. Nigerians will be able to sue the airport management for dirty toilets and bakery like conditions, you can even sue them for slipping on a wet floor and injuring yourself. If we are a capitalist country, lets go all out for it.
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by toludadon(m): 5:36pm On Oct 06, 2014
Jonathan always looking for the easy way out since 2010. what a lazy leader
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by erico2k2(m): 5:48pm On Oct 06, 2014
toludadon:
Commenting is not a door die thingy, read and learn!!!

1 Like

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by princeade86(m): 6:00pm On Oct 06, 2014
i believe one day, nigeria government will not lease out aso rock to foreigner and lease out all the government houses in this country. God bless dis country one day.
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by MadCow1: 6:16pm On Oct 06, 2014
It would be nice if I can find up to 4 or 5 Nairalanders with whom to partner, raise some money and buy one of these airports.. angry

Wetin sef.. This is how billionaires are made.. angry

1 Like

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by MadCow1: 6:18pm On Oct 06, 2014
toludadon:

I am cool with privatizing all government assets... However, since I don't trust the government and the privatization process is not open nor transparent I say no to privatization by this government.

1 Like

Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by dinggle: 6:32pm On Oct 06, 2014
There are certain firms govt must not privatize airports are one of them, it does not make national security sense. Govt should rethink!
However privatizing fight against corruption would change Nigeria for the better.
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by erico2k2(m): 6:39pm On Oct 06, 2014
dinggle:
There are certain firms govt must not privatize airports are one of them, it does not make national security sense. Govt should rethink!
However privatizing fight against corruption would change Nigeria for the better.
Explain how JFK and Heathrow works then
Re: FG To Privatise Airports Soon- Vanguard by makazona(m): 6:56pm On Oct 06, 2014
capitalism redefined in Naija

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Trailer Catches Fire Along Ikorodu Road / Cargo Delivery By Rail To Kaduna Dry Port Starts Tuesday / Loaded Tanker Falls At Abule Ado Satellite Town Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.