Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine (12058 Views)

Kenotic Doctrine Vs Trinity Doctrine / Was The Trinity Doctrine Invented At A Council Meeting Or By The RCC? / The Trinity Doctrine Revisited: Is Jesus=God=Holyspirit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 07, 2014
Boomark:

Whatever should be inside you should be something that is written and exist, not some abstract imaginations. The truth about the only True God and of our Lord Jesus Christ is written. Go and search for it cos Christ wanted us to knowledge, Jn 17:3. Remove all abstract imaginatives thoughts that have taken hold of you.
You are still saying trash..trust me this is bigger than you. Any christianity that starts on the premise of an arguement is no christianity. As far as am concerned you don't know who God is.
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by Boomark(m): 9:14am On Oct 07, 2014
shdemidemi:

You come across like my 6 year old whom I am having difficulty explaining the spiritual angle of scriptures to. Jesus was not just man, he is God. Meaning he was man God or God man while he was with men on earth. He came for a purpose, his mission was for a good God to die for the salvation of mankind.

Jesus was not born like you and I who need a man and a woman in a bedmatic mode to be formed. Mary was privileged to carry a baby that was attached to her supernaturally. Jesus grew like a man will grow, he died like men die but that same body could not be held down by death, He rose without seeing corruption meaning his body did not decay like that of David, Joseph or mary who were part of his lineage according to the flesh.

God died on the cross, and that was the price only God could pay to redeem man back to Himself. None other could have done it, the price had to be paid by a good and righteous God.

I believe here your God=3 persons=One God(inseparable).

You err greatly not knowing the scripture, not knowing what is what and things that are not, not knowing how to link or separate things that are not linked. You can't explain what you don't know. You will always experience difficulty and lack of words.

God cannot be tempted but Jesus(God) was tempted. You don't know the difference between the one that cannot be tempted and the one that was tempted. One is greater, the head, and God of the other. They are not equal.

Hebrew 5:7
While Jesus was here on earth, he offered prayers and pleadings, with a loud cry and tears, to the one who could rescue him from death. And God heard his prayers because of his deep reverence for God.

You err not knowing that the God of Gods(the Father) who saved Jesus(mighty God) from death cannot die. You err greatly not knowing that God Himself did not die to bring us to Himself, Col 1:19-20. That's the gravity of the enormous error in your imagined Trinity doctrine. That is the error you and millions are exercising faith in.

Start now to study about the God of Gods, the God Abraham and Jesus Christ, Acts 3:13. He has no equal, He cannot be tempted, He cannot die.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 07, 2014
I'm enjoying this spectacle grin. I should visit here often.

So, trinitarians, who is the third member of the trinity?
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by shdemidemi(m): 9:20am On Oct 07, 2014
truthislight:
Matt. 4:5:

While he was still speaking, a bright cloud covered them, and a voice from the cloud said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!".

The above is very clear.

Even a blind man can see that and understand.

To obey is better than sacrifices.

No one have said Jesus isn't the son, the question is if He is God.

The jews will fight Jesus over his claim as the son because they understood what that means...

My question-
Is Jesus just a son literally or is there a mystery behind the whole 'God which is the father' and 'God which is the son' relationship?
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by Boomark(m): 9:26am On Oct 07, 2014
Bidam:
You are still saying trash..trust me this is bigger than you. Any christianity that starts on the premise of an arguement is no christianity. As far as am concerned you don't know who God is.

Stop trusting in the imaginations of men. Christ wants us to have the knowledge of the only true God, Jn 17:3. That means everlasting life.

If they tell you it bigger than you and that you can't know it, remember it means everlasting life. Break free from their delusion and get knowledge.

Love you. angry

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by shdemidemi(m): 9:42am On Oct 07, 2014
Boomark:

I believe here your God=3 persons=One God(inseparable).

You err greatly not knowing the scripture, not knowing what is what and things that are not, not knowing how to link or separate things that are not linked. You can't explain what you don't know. You will always experience difficulty and lack of words.

God cannot be tempted but Jesus(God) was tempted. You don't know the difference between the one that cannot be tempted and the one that was tempted. One is greater, the head, and God of the other. They are not equal..

You need to go and check what james meant by God cannot be tempted so as not to quote out of context.

James said God cannot be tempted with evil and he himself tempted no man. If we do not understand the context at which James spoke, it would seem like a contradiction because God tempted Abraham and He himself was tempted by the Israelites.

Boomark:

Hebrew 5:7
While Jesus was here on earth, he offered prayers and pleadings, with a loud cry and tears, to the one who could rescue him from death. And God heard his prayers because of his deep reverence for God.

You err not knowing that the God of Gods(the Father) who saved Jesus(mighty God) from death cannot die. You err greatly not knowing that God Himself did not die to bring us to Himself, Col 1:19-20. That's the gravity of the enormous error in your imagined Trinity doctrine. That is the error you and millions are exercising faith in.

Start now to study about the God of Gods, the God Abraham and Jesus Christ, Acts 3:13. He has no equal, He cannot be tempted, He cannot die.

Like I said to you earlier, Jesus was in the womb of Mary, he grew like you and I would. The bible also said in wisdom and stature. He prayed like you and I would, he was also baptised like an ordinary man, he died. HE HAD A HUMAN SIDE.. Which makes him a man.

He also has a divine side to Him. He is good, he is righteous one, he is the anointed, he is the Messiah, He is the Word, He is perfect, He is the visible image of an invisible God, he lives forever et al.. He had so much qualities that cannot be acquired by no man or angel.

He is God.
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by Boomark(m): 9:55am On Oct 07, 2014
Please tell us why Christ (deity) has a God (the Father), Rev 3:12, the same way we do, Jn 20:17 and remained subject to his God, 1Cor 15:27-28?

I asked this^ question and you gave me the answer below.

shdemidemi:

Now, whenever Jesus refer to His father or His God, He presents Himself as God the son. However, this does not take away all the divine attributes predicated on Him like none other.

So since he has a God the same way we do, it means that you are telling us from your answer that we present ourselves as God the children by referring by saying the Father is our God.

Is this the reason "Why" we have a God, to present ourselves as God the children or even God the son for an individual. Does this answer why we are His subjects, the same as Christ?
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by gatiano(m): 9:57am On Oct 07, 2014
How can 3 be in 1? it is just impossible in every circumstances. why will people want to believe in such idea especially the black people? The white man (the devil who create the idea of trinity) knows that it is mathematically impossible for 3 to be in 1, yet he made the blackman believe that polytheistic idea so passionately. serving zeus, a means by which zeus rapes his pray(woman) and hercules, thinking you are serving GOD, Jesus and the holy spirit. GOD is 33.3%, Jesus is 33.3% and holy spirit (holy air) is 33.3%. 33.3% is F9, failure. and when you put 3 failures together, you get massive failure. thus that is africa for you and i. see india over 3 million gods (well we can see what happens their). one will simply become an animal, a beast.

GOD IS ONE. HE NEEDS NOBODY'S HELP NOT JESUS, NOT MUHAMMAD, NOT MOSES, WHAT USE IS HOLY AIR(SPIRIT) IS TO GOD. GOD IS ONE AND A SUPREME MAN.

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by shdemidemi(m): 10:12am On Oct 07, 2014
Boomark:
Please tell us why Christ (deity) has a God (the Father), Rev 3:12, the same way we do, Jn 20:17 and remained subject to his God, 1Cor 15:27-28?

I asked this^ question and you gave me the answer below.

So since he has a God the same way we do, it means that you are telling us from your answer that we present ourselves as God the children by referring by saying the Father is our God.

Is this the reason "Why" we have a God, to present ourselves as God the children or even God the son for an individual. Does this answer why we are His subjects, the same as Christ?

Put it this way, may be you might get where and how to read what Jesus represented and how he was projected in the four gospels.

In the books of Matthew, Mark and Luke we have what we call the Synoptic Gospels, and they deal primarily with His humanity side. In other words, Matthew depicts Him as King Who would one day rule on David's throne as a human King. He came up through the genealogy of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and down that royal family of David.

In Mark He's depicted as the Servant, and everything that He does shows His willingness to be a Servant, and again from His human side.

Then Luke depicts Him as the Son of Man

All of the above is where you seem to pitch your tent.

Then John comes along and depicts Him as the Son of God in His Deity. You will find that a lot of the things that are covered in the Synoptic Gospels are not mentioned in John. John did not use that word 'son' of the believer, he reserves the title of the son for the Lord, instead he used child.
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by Boomark(m): 10:37am On Oct 07, 2014
shdemidemi:

You need to go and check what james meant by God cannot be tempted so as not to quote out of context.

James said God cannot be tempted with evil and he himself tempted no man. If we do not understand the context at which James spoke, it would seem like a contradiction because God tempted Abraham and He himself was tempted by the Israelites.

Like I said to you earlier, Jesus was in the womb of Mary, he grew like you and I would. The bible also said in wisdom and stature. He prayed like you and I would, he was also baptised like an ordinary man, he died. HE HAD A HUMAN SIDE.. Which makes him a man.

He also has a divine side to Him. He is good, he is righteous one, he is the anointed, he is the Messiah, He is the Word, He is perfect, He is the visible image of an invisible God, he lives forever et al.. He had so much qualities that cannot be acquired by no man or angel.

He is God.

Go and study the difference between test and temptation. From what you wrote above, there is no remedy to that contradiction from James. That is how you guys teach contradictory doctrines with impunity.

I believe you now know the one that died? Not the Trinity God(3 persons inseparable), not the Almighty God but Christ(Mighty God).

And don't make it look as if the God part of Jesus is not functional or incomplete as a man. Read Hebrew 5:7 again. It says, "...He offered prayers TO THE ONE WHO WAS(IS) ABLE TO SAVE HIM FROM DEATH, and was heard because of his godly fear." That One is his God and Father, our God and Father, Jn 20:17.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by jmoore(m): 10:50am On Oct 07, 2014

The doctrine of the Trinity is this: there is one God who exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Each person is not the same as the other person; that is, the Father is not the same person as the Son who is not the same person as the Holy Spirit. But, each is fully divine in nature. Each person is not a god which would make three gods. Instead, the totality of all three persons comprises the one God. Again, the Trinity does not teach that there are three gods. The Trinity is monotheistic since it is the doctrine that only one God exists in all space and time. Christians believe there are no partners with God because we believe there is only one God in all existence.

At first, some may look at this teaching and be confused by it. How can God be three persons in one God? This is a good question because it is a bit difficult to grasp. But that is what we would expect, isn't it, when we encounter God? Would we not expect to find some things about God's infinite nature a bit beyond our comprehension? This is not unreasonable. However, we must not make the mistake of saying something as ridiculous as, "It doesn't make sense. Therefore it is true."

FATHER
Called God>> Phil. 1:2
Creator>> Isaiah 64:8; 44:24
Indwells>> 2 Cor. 6:16
Everywhere>> 1 Kings 8:27
All-knowing>> 1 John 3:20

SON

Called God>> John 1:1. 14; Col. 2:9
Creator>> John 1:3; Col. 1:15-17
Indwells>> Col. 1:27
Everywhere>> Matt. 28:20
All-knowing>> John 16:30; 21:17

HOLY SPIRIT

Called God>> Acts 5:3-4
Creator>> Job 33:4; 26:13
Indwells>> John 14:17
Everywhere>> Psalm 139:7-10
All-knowing>> 1 Cor. 2:10-11

The above chart is representative and not complete, but it shows that there is scriptural support for the doctrine. We see that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit each are called God, each are called creator, each indwells, etc. We know that the Father speaks to the Son, and the Holy Spirit speaks as well. So, there are three persons--not three gods.

The Trinities in Nature

People already believe in trinities. They just don't know they do. Here is how. Basically, the universe consists of three elements: Time, Space, and Matter. Each of these is comprised of three 'components.'
Time>>Past Present Future
Space>> Height Width Depth
Matter>> Solid Liquid Gas

As the Trinitarian doctrine maintains, each of the persons of the Godhead is distinct; yet they are all each, by nature, divine. The same idea can be presented in the above examples. With time, for example, the past is not the same as the present, which is not the same as the future. Each is simultaneous (according to some time theoriests). Yet, they are not three 'times' but one. That is, they all share the same nature: time.

With space, height is distinct from width, which is not the same as depth, which is is not the same as height. Yet, they are not three 'spaces' but one. That is, they all share the same nature: space.

With matter, solid is not the same as liquid, which is not the same as gas, which is not the same as solid. Yet, they are not three 'matters' but one. That is, they all share the same nature: matter.

Note that there are three sets of threes. In other words, there is a trinity of trinities. If we were to look at the universe and notice these qualities within it, is it really so difficult to imagine that God can be a Trinity of persons? Furthermore, is it fair to say that this "trinity of trinities" are the fingerprints of God upon His creation? I think so.

"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse." (Rom. 1:20).
Of course, there are always people who will say that this is ridiculous. Perhaps it is. But if it is, it is up to them to demonstrate why it cannot be true. If we see the analogy of the Trinity within the nature, why is it so difficult to believe that God could be the Trinity as well?

Demonstrate that it is illogical

One of the questions I ask the anti-Trinitarians is "Can you please show me how the Trinity is illogical??" Usually, they respond with something like, "It just doesn't make sense," or "It simply can't be." But making such statements doesn't prove or disprove anything. The question is "How is it illogical?" I have yet to hear a logical explanation.

It isn't against logic for God to be three persons. It may be difficult to understand, and some may not like it; but it isn't illogical. For it to be illogical, there must be some rule of logic that is violated that makes it impossible for God to exist as a Trinity. For example, to say that one god is really three gods is illogical because the quantity of one is not the same quantity as three; and since they (one and three) are mutually exclusive as to quantity in this situation, to say one god is three gods is illogical. But that isn't what the Trinity is anyway. Remember, it is not that three gods are one god as some critics mistakenly say. The Trinity is three divine persons who comprise the one God. Furthermore, there is no logical reason why God cannot be three persons.

Trinitarianism is monotheistic. That means that it is a doctrine that teaches the existence of a single being who is God, and that there is only one God in all existence....

Source>>http://carm.org/trinity-makes-no-sense-it-isnt-logical

Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by Boomark(m): 10:58am On Oct 07, 2014
shdemidemi:

Put it this way, may be you might get where and how to read what Jesus represented and how he was projected in the four gospels.

In the books of Matthew, Mark and Luke we have what we call the Synoptic Gospels, and they deal primarily with His humanity side. In other words, Matthew depicts Him as King Who would one day rule on David's throne as a human King. He came up through the genealogy of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and down that royal family of David.

In Mark He's depicted as the Servant, and everything that He does shows His willingness to be a Servant, and again from His human side.

Then Luke depicts Him as the Son of Man

All of the above is where you seem to pitch your tent.

Then John comes along and depicts Him as the Son of God in His Deity. You will find that a lot of the things that are covered in the Synoptic Gospels are not mentioned in John. John did not use that word 'son' of the believer, he reserves the title of the son for the Lord, instead he used child.

You will only understand all the above and more when you know whose glory he reflects. Not his glory but the glory of God. The glory of the One who filled him with his fullness and spirit. He made him Lord and king. All things came from the Father, His God. This should be the stepping stone to knowing why he(Christ) is what he is.
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by Boomark(m): 11:11am On Oct 07, 2014
See teacher jmoore.

One God. Each person is not a God which would make 3 Gods (this means Jesus alone cannot be called God).

When you read down you see:
Son, Called God: Jn 1:1, 14, Col 2:9.

Smh. Men struggling with words to prove their imaginations.

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by shdemidemi(m): 11:16am On Oct 07, 2014
Boomark:

Go and study the difference between test and temptation. From what you wrote above, there is no remedy to that contradiction from James. That is how you guys teach contradictory doctrines with impunity.

I don't think you are one with a mind opened to learn.

My brother, the Greek word for test and tempt is 'pierazo', now go check it and come back.
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 07, 2014
Boomark:

Stop trusting in the imaginations of men. Christ wants us to have the knowledge of the only true God, Jn 17:3. That means everlasting life.

If they tell you it bigger than you and that you can't know it, remember it means everlasting life. Break free from their delusion and get knowledge.

Love you. angry
On the contrary you are the one who is deluded from the doctrines of JW here. Or didn't you read in your bible that Jesus being God didn't consider it robberry to be EQUAL with God
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by Boomark(m): 2:38pm On Oct 07, 2014
shdemidemi:

I don't think you are one with a mind opened to learn.

My brother, the Greek word for test and tempt is 'pierazo', now go check it and come back.

Cognate: 3986peirasmós(from 3985/peirázō) –temptation or test– both senses can apply simultaneously(depending on the context). The positive sense ("test"wink and negative sense ("temptation"wink are functions of the context (not merely the words themselves).

It still remains that God cannot be tempted.
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by paulGrundy(m): 3:10pm On Oct 07, 2014
truthislight:
Matt. 4:5:

While he was still speaking, a bright cloud covered them, and a voice from the cloud said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!".

The above is very clear.

Even a blind man can see that and understand.

To obey is better than sacrifices.

Hello mr BERNIMORE/truthislight/loveroftruth,

Please could you through more light on your post? I seem not to grasp the point you are trying to pass across.
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by shdemidemi(m): 3:46pm On Oct 07, 2014
Boomark:

Cognate: 3986peirasmós(from 3985/peirázō) –temptation or test– both senses can apply simultaneously(depending on the context). The positive sense ("test"wink and negative sense ("temptation"wink are functions of the context (not merely the words themselves).

It still remains that God cannot be tempted.

How does it remain that, because you say so?
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by Boomark(m): 3:46pm On Oct 07, 2014
Bidam:
On the contrary you are the one who is deluded from the doctrines of JW here. Or didn't you read in your bible that Jesus being God didn't consider it robberry to be EQUAL with God

You err, not understanding a simple advice (let this mind be in you...), Col 2:5. Not knowing he is a Mighty God (form of God) who in his humbled position did not consider it robbery to be equal with God (remember form of God).

Not knowing that the Father is the head of Christ. Even after exaltation to a higher position he remained SUBJECT to the Father, 1Cor 15:27-28. "For the Father is GREATER than I," he said, to the glory of God the Father, Col 2:11.

If you know what you are putting your faith in, start by telling us the likely period he considered being EQUAL with God the Father. Don't run o! Be bold.
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by Boomark(m): 3:53pm On Oct 07, 2014
shdemidemi:

How does it remain that, because you say so?

No, because the way such word was used made it so.

In Akwa(egg), Akwa(bed), etc. Try Oko(stone) in yoruba and you will see what am talking about.
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by shdemidemi(m): 3:59pm On Oct 07, 2014
Boomark:

No, because the way such word was used made it so.

In Akwa(egg), Akwa(bed), etc. Try Oko(stone) in yoruba and you will see what am talking about.

I don't know what you are talking about but do not let ego come in the way of knowledge, go and study these things properly. James was speaking about a temptation or trial arising from within, from uncontrolled appetite to do evil or general evil passions and not a trial from without/outside.
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by sonmvayina(m): 4:40pm On Oct 07, 2014
Here is a question for us..who was talking to who in genesis chapter 1..let us make man........?
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by shdemidemi(m): 5:31pm On Oct 07, 2014
sonmvayina:
Here is a question for us..who was talking to who in genesis chapter 1..let us make man........?

Good question, I was going to get to that with @bookmark. He sure has so many scriptures to bend and annihilate to separate christ from God.
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by JesusisLord85: 6:36pm On Oct 07, 2014
Bidam:
Whose law? Mosaic law? Or the Law of the Spirit? You are the guilty party here, you broke your own law by name calling, you called me mr grace remember?
Pauline epistles are clear, it is nobody's fault if you pick a phrase and build erroneous doctrines on it without looking at it in proper context.
You see mr law keeper, you broke the law by quoting my statement out of context that was meant for another, so u started the chain of derailment, not me..you can see you are following the footsteps of your fathers the pharisees.cheesy

So we are clear, are you equating keeping the commandments of the Most High God with being a pharisee?
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by Uteghe(m): 8:28pm On Oct 07, 2014
Femi's relevance is anchored on remaining bizarrely non-conformist and controversial. To keep his brand in the intellectual marketplace,he must rake up rested issues and take on people who have worked their way to some height in the society. This is a self advertisement strategy mentioned in Psalms 74:5
''A man was famous according as he had lifted up axes upon the thick trees''.
Lesson: Never fight lean trees,never discuss small issues. But,there's JUDGEMENT DAY.
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by PastorKun(m): 6:45am On Oct 08, 2014
Uteghe:
Femi's relevance is anchored on remaining bizarrely non-conformist and controversial. To keep his brand in the intellectual marketplace,he must rake up rested issues and take on people who have worked their way to some height in the society. This is a self advertisement strategy mentioned in Psalms 74:5
''A man was famous according as he had lifted up axes upon the thick trees''.
Lesson: Never fight lean trees,never discuss small issues. But,there's JUDGEMENT DAY.

Fact remains that several false doctrines like tithes and trinity which lack sound biblical basis have been well established in the practise of christianity today. He is only doing the right thing by pointing out these errors even if the whole world feel comfortable with the errors.

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by shdemidemi(m): 6:58am On Oct 08, 2014
PastorKun:

Fact remains that several false doctrines like tithes and trinity which lack sound biblical basis have been well established in the practise of christianity today. He is only doing the right thing by pointing out these errors even if the whole world feel comfortable with the errors.

'Tithing' I agree it's a way that clearly negate the fundamentals of giving as christians within the body of Christ. But, the triune God is a biblical truth that is drawn from the very beginning of creation.

The reincarnated word(Jesus) had always been with the invisible God before He stepped out to become the child born in Bethlehem. There is no material gain to be accrued by this truth. Jesus is simply a visual representation of the invisible God and not just another prophet like some assume.

He is not a separate entity.... He was/is part of the Father from the beginning.
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by PastorKun(m): 7:11am On Oct 08, 2014
shdemidemi:

'Tithing' I agree it's a way that clearly negate the fundamentals of giving as christians within the body of Christ. But, the triune God is a biblical truth that is drawn from the very beginning of creation.

The reincarnated word(Jesus) had always been with the invisible God before He stepped out to become the child born in Bethlehem. There is no material gain to be accrued by this truth. Jesus is simply a visual representation of the invisible God and not just another prophet like some assume.

He is not a separate entity.... He was/is part of the Father from the beginning.

Even your explanation here does not explain the concept of trinity apart from the fact that as is common of trinitarian, you forgot to mention the third person in your triumvirate.

You use the phrase "triune god" freely. question is have you ever come across such a pagan inspired heresy in your bible If so, kindly quote one single passage in the whole bible referring to God as a triune god.

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 08, 2014
Boomark:

You err, not understanding a simple advice (let this mind be in you...), Col 2:5. Not knowing he is a Mighty God (form of God) who in his humbled position did not consider it robbery to be equal with God (remember form of God).

Not knowing that the Father is the head of Christ. Even after exaltation to a higher position he remained SUBJECT to the Father, 1Cor 15:27-28. "For the Father is GREATER than I," he said, to the glory of God the Father, Col 2:11.

If you know what you are putting your faith in, start by telling us the likely period he considered being EQUAL with God the Father. Don't run o! Be bold.
Keep misrepresenting scriptures to your destruction..Why twist what was clearly spelt out in the word of God?...John 1:1 has cancelled all your errors here.
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 08, 2014
JesusisLord85:

So we are clear, are you equating keeping the commandments of the Most High God with being a pharisee?
Why are u derailing the OP? Does keeping the law of moses makes any one righteous before God?
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by Boomark(m): 9:17am On Oct 08, 2014
shdemidemi:

I don't know what you are talking about but do not let ego come in the way of knowledge, go and study these things properly. James was speaking about a temptation or trial arising from within, from uncontrolled appetite to do evil or general evil passions and not a trial from without/outside.

Go and study your yoruba language stress and you will understand.

I hope you saw how you are running from the subject? Later you will tell me it is ego. You are sitting on a contradictory time bomb.

See what we are looking at before the digression. It says, "God cannot be tempted BY evil (it could be internal, external, or devilish evil), nor does He Himself tempt anyone (internal or external), James 1:13.

Almost all temptation start from what we see or know. You cannot desire or be enticed by an abstract imaginations or what you don't know. That is how it starts, for v14.

All temptations would lead to sin and from sin, death. James 1:15. Abraham was tested and was not allowed to sin. Would you mind telling us how the Israelites tempted God?
Re: Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine by Uteghe(m): 9:23am On Oct 08, 2014
PastorKun:

Why the anti tithe fixation when tithers like my humble self ain't complaining? Tithing is biblical and even logical. Tithing has blessed me immensely! If you hate tithing,no one will kill you for it; but allow tithers to practise their faith.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Don't You Eat Before Church? / Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! / My Experience With A Babalawo From Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.