Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Are Job Opportunities Opened To Linguistics Graduates In Nigeria? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are Job Opportunities Opened To Linguistics Graduates In Nigeria? (3832 Views)

Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities / Job Opportunities Opened To A PHYSIC/ELECTRONICS Graduate. / Linguistics And Mass Communication: Which Is The Better Course? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Job Opportunities Opened To Linguistics Graduates In Nigeria? by Elisean(m): 3:13pm On Oct 06, 2014
I am a 200 level student in the university studying Linguistics and Africa languages though, not sure of the career opportunities in Nigeria that is up for me when I'm done here, Linguistics is not appreciated here in Nigeria, looking at the way it has favored those in countries like the USA, Canada, UK and 'em likes . My family members keeps clamoring on the issue for me getting into a better study. Though I've tried to convince them about how beautiful the course is but they say it's only beautiful outside the country because the only Linguists they know are either lecturers or teachers in various institutions.
To me I have not seen an outstanding Linguist in Nigeria. Don't know if you guys have seen but I think something should be done, especially in a country like Nigeria that is Lingua diversed.
What do you guys think?
Re: Are Job Opportunities Opened To Linguistics Graduates In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 09, 2014
No course is indispensable bro except the individual. Relate what you are taught in Linguistics to current realities and see how the world would stand aside for you.

Moreover, don't put all your hope on your course. The truth is that after school you may not even work in that line.

What I would say is for you to gather as much skills you can that would place you in a better platform in the near future.
Re: Are Job Opportunities Opened To Linguistics Graduates In Nigeria? by Elisean(m): 1:28pm On Oct 09, 2014
I know this but we need the course to be encouraged and give it the necessary attention.
Re: Are Job Opportunities Opened To Linguistics Graduates In Nigeria? by laikey: 9:17pm On Jun 19, 2017
[quote author=Elisean post=26912655]I am a 200 level student in the university studying Linguistics and Africa languages though, not sure of the career opportunities in Nigeria that is up for me when I'm done here, Linguistics is not appreciated here in Nigeria, looking at the way it has favored those in countries like the USA, Canada, UK and 'em likes . My family members keeps clamoring on the issue for me getting into a better study. Though I've tried to convince them about how beautiful the course is but they say it's only beautiful outside the country because the only Linguists they know are either lecturers or teachers in various institutions.
To me I have not seen an outstanding Linguist in Nigeria. Don't know if you guys have seen but I think something should be done, especially in a country like Nigeria that is Lingua diversed.
What do you guys think? [/quote

huh they are some linguist courses that are now accepted

(1) (Reply)

Start Your Own Consulting Business... / Most Sought After Job In Canada; Forklift Operator! / How Would You Rate Nti Pgde Programme?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.