Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,609 members, 7,827,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Nigerian Troops Killed About 200 Boko Haram Militants At Michika - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Troops Killed About 200 Boko Haram Militants At Michika (2638 Views)

Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Militants At Bulari - Graphic Pics / Troops Killed 150 Boko Haram Fighters, Rescued 36 — Army / Nigerian Troops Kill 75 Boko Haram Militants At PHCN Facility In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Troops Killed About 200 Boko Haram Militants At Michika by RapLawd(m): 7:37pm On Oct 06, 2014
OCTOBER 6, 2014 BY ETEOBONG EKONG, YOLA

There are strong indications that the Nigerian troops have overrun Michika and Gulak in Madagali Local Government Areas of Adamawa State.

The states had in the past one month been in the hands of the dreaded Boko Haram insurgents.

A source while speaking to our correspondent on phone said following the fierce fighting, the military are at the moment comfortably controlling Michika, which the insurgents seized on September 7, 2014.

The source said, “I can confirm to you authoritatively that the military are advancing towards Madagali.”

The source who spoke from his mountainous hideout in Michika, noted that despite the military bombardment, the insurgents on Sunday night re-grouped at the Government Technical College, Michika with the intention of attacking the soldiers before they were dislodged and chased away.

Reports indicate that about 200 Boko Haram insurgents have been killed in the latest offensive, as Nigerian troops take control of the town and have gained an upper hand in the ongoing war.

The source said, “The Nigerian troops have gained entry into Michika and Gulak, and are now fully in control of the towns having dealt a severe blow to the insurgents, as they lost about 200 members, while some escaped with injuries sustained from gun shots.”

Another source from the area said Nigerian troops had earlier met with a stiff resistance from the insurgents as they advanced towards Gulak leading to the prolonged gun duel.

The source added that: “There is a heavy fighting between the insurgents and Nigerian troops as the insurgents are doing everything to frustrate the effort of the Nigerian troops and many people who were trapped in the towns are now sneaking out following intensified fighting.”

He added that the insurgents who were in their thousands came through Uba and attacked the Nigeria troops who had already advanced into Michika, but were repelled back immediately.

Efforts to get the reaction from the Army Public Relations Officer of the 23rd Army Brigade Yola proved abortive as his telephone was not reachable while the police authority refused comment saying it is not within their area of jurisdiction.

Meanwhile, the Adamawa State Acting Governor, Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri has commended the efforts of Nigerian soldiers to liberate the two local government areas initially under the grip of the militants.

SOURCE: http://www.punchng.com/news/nigerian-troops-kill-200-boko-haram-militants-in-michika/

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Killed About 200 Boko Haram Militants At Michika by iykmora(m): 7:39pm On Oct 06, 2014
modified!!!! cool he finally copied one from another thread. Good one from our brave soldiers. We're proud of y'all...
Re: Nigerian Troops Killed About 200 Boko Haram Militants At Michika by leonard509(m): 7:42pm On Oct 06, 2014
Hmmm
Re: Nigerian Troops Killed About 200 Boko Haram Militants At Michika by KwoiZabo(m): 7:42pm On Oct 06, 2014
bad news for senator zanna
bad news for el-Rufai
bad news for all boko sympathizers on Nairaland
keep on our military we are solidly behind u.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Killed About 200 Boko Haram Militants At Michika by RapLawd(m): 7:46pm On Oct 06, 2014
Kudos to our military...

I wish it continue to be like hell towards BOKO HARAM boys...

the war againsinsurgency in our country have been improving for weeks now and I Pray it continue like this...

victory it's surly ours no matter what it takes

#GEJ_ALL_THE_WAY!!!
Re: Nigerian Troops Killed About 200 Boko Haram Militants At Michika by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 06, 2014
goodnews going forward. Not like the shakarareporters who only saw the victory of the boko boys. bad belle dey smelll

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Killed About 200 Boko Haram Militants At Michika by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 7:56pm On Oct 06, 2014
BAD NEWS 4 THEM,GOODNEWS FOR US

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Killed About 200 Boko Haram Militants At Michika by san316(m): 7:57pm On Oct 06, 2014
These BH thwarts na Japanese? Why dem no dey finish? Anyway sha, the army should keep blowing their brains out until they realize they are nut.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Killed About 200 Boko Haram Militants At Michika by neyop85(m): 7:57pm On Oct 06, 2014
RapLawd:
OCTOBER 6, 2014 BY ETEOBONG EKONG, YOLA

There are strong indications that the Nigerian troops have overrun Michika and Gulak in Madagali Local Government Areas of Adamawa State.

The states had in the past one month been in the hands of the dreaded Boko Haram insurgents.

A source while speaking to our correspondent on phone said following the fierce fighting, the military are at the moment comfortably controlling Michika, which the insurgents seized on September 7, 2014.

The source said, “I can confirm to you authoritatively that the military are advancing towards Madagali.”

The source who spoke from his mountainous hideout in Michika, noted that despite the military bombardment, the insurgents on Sunday night re-grouped at the Government Technical College, Michika with the intention of attacking the soldiers before they were dislodged and chased away.

Reports indicate that about 200 Boko Haram insurgents have been killed in the latest offensive, as Nigerian troops take control of the town and have gained an upper hand in the ongoing war.

The source said, “The Nigerian troops have gained entry into Michika and Gulak, and are now fully in control of the towns having dealt a severe blow to the insurgents, as they lost about 200 members, while some escaped with injuries sustained from gun shots.”

Another source from the area said Nigerian troops had earlier met with a stiff resistance from the insurgents as they advanced towards Gulak leading to the prolonged gun duel.

The source added that: “There is a heavy fighting between the insurgents and Nigerian troops as the insurgents are doing everything to frustrate the effort of the Nigerian troops and many people who were trapped in the towns are now sneaking out following intensified fighting.”

He added that the insurgents who were in their thousands came through Uba and attacked the Nigeria troops who had already advanced into Michika, but were repelled back immediately.

Efforts to get the reaction from the Army Public Relations Officer of the 23rd Army Brigade Yola proved abortive as his telephone was not reachable while the police authority refused comment saying it is not within their area of jurisdiction.

Meanwhile, the Adamawa State Acting Governor, Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri has commended the efforts of Nigerian soldiers to liberate the two local government areas initially under the grip of the militants.

SOURCE: http://www.punchng.com/news/nigerian-troops-kill-200-boko-haram-militants-in-michika/

Pls kill them all. Have no mercy, God will see our gallant military through. Amen.
Re: Nigerian Troops Killed About 200 Boko Haram Militants At Michika by Hostermipo(m): 8:00pm On Oct 06, 2014
Yes!!! Thank you God for giving our military Victory again because we know that victory alone is From you.

#NIGERIA SHALL PREVAIL .
Re: Nigerian Troops Killed About 200 Boko Haram Militants At Michika by RapLawd(m): 8:03pm On Oct 06, 2014
iykmora:
Source: nairaland.com i guess! cool

can you now swallow your stupid utterance
Re: Nigerian Troops Killed About 200 Boko Haram Militants At Michika by Trailblazer1(m): 8:04pm On Oct 06, 2014
200!!! Please, don't tell me its a joke?

I'm giving GEJ an ultimatum to kill just 1000 haramites before Feb. 2015 and I will mobilise boys to vote for him as many times as possible.

Do I have any supporter?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Killed About 200 Boko Haram Militants At Michika by RapLawd(m): 8:07pm On Oct 06, 2014
Trailblazer1:
200!!! Please, don't tell me its a joke?

I'm giving GEJ an ultimatum to kill just 1000 haramites before Feb. 2015 and I will mobilise boys to vote for him as many times as possible.

Do I have any supporter?

Do you mean you gonna help us win the ballot come 2015 based on that deal

surly err can prove our leadership...#GEJ_ALL_THE_WAY
Re: Nigerian Troops Killed About 200 Boko Haram Militants At Michika by MrAladin: 8:25pm On Oct 06, 2014
God Bless the Nigerian Army.
Victory comes from God.
Re: Nigerian Troops Killed About 200 Boko Haram Militants At Michika by Trailblazer1(m): 8:28pm On Oct 06, 2014
Please, will Sahara reporters ever report any thing good about GEJ?
Re: Nigerian Troops Killed About 200 Boko Haram Militants At Michika by Idumose(m): 8:35pm On Oct 06, 2014
Jonathan is killing boko haram militants in order to depopulate the north - Buhari
Re: Nigerian Troops Killed About 200 Boko Haram Militants At Michika by DONGOYARO1: 8:36pm On Oct 06, 2014
KwoiZabo:
bad news for senator zanna
Senator Khalifa Ahmed Zanna is a PDP member representing Borno Central federal constituency so what has the news about Michika in Adamawa got to do with him?

NB: the reports coming out of Michika and Bazza are still conflicting

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Killed About 200 Boko Haram Militants At Michika by Amanwulu1(m): 8:40pm On Oct 06, 2014
gud!!!!!!! Dis is wonderful!! It's lovely. I enjoy dis kind news. Pls more such exploit frm our gallant soldiers and more of such news.
Re: Nigerian Troops Killed About 200 Boko Haram Militants At Michika by lilprinze: 8:43pm On Oct 06, 2014
Bad news for JANJAW££DS tongue
Re: Nigerian Troops Killed About 200 Boko Haram Militants At Michika by biafran1stson(m): 8:48pm On Oct 06, 2014
I am confident that he who started this work will carry it to completion . #Victoryfornigeriantroops#
Re: Nigerian Troops Killed About 200 Boko Haram Militants At Michika by aieromon(m): 9:19pm On Oct 06, 2014
Kill them all, Phyno kill them all angry angry
Re: Nigerian Troops Killed About 200 Boko Haram Militants At Michika by RapLawd(m): 9:21pm On Oct 06, 2014
[/b][b]
biafran1stson:
I am confident that he who started this work will carry it to completion . #Victoryfornigeriantroops#

Amen
Re: Nigerian Troops Killed About 200 Boko Haram Militants At Michika by lonelydora: 9:21pm On Oct 06, 2014
Kudos to our gallant men, one by one they don dey finish
Re: Nigerian Troops Killed About 200 Boko Haram Militants At Michika by meforyou1(m): 9:30pm On Oct 06, 2014
U can never see the janjaweedeans on this thread. But the are roaming all over the thread where their media wing saharareporters gave a fictitious story
Re: Nigerian Troops Killed About 200 Boko Haram Militants At Michika by zurine(f): 9:36pm On Oct 06, 2014
God bless the Nigerian Army!
Re: Nigerian Troops Killed About 200 Boko Haram Militants At Michika by iykmora(m): 9:41pm On Oct 06, 2014
RapLawd:

can you now swallow your stupid utterance

coming from a scatter-brain like you. Sod off sap-head...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Killed About 200 Boko Haram Militants At Michika by Rikidony(m): 9:45pm On Oct 06, 2014
FANTASTIC NEWS.

KUDOS TO THE MILITARY
Re: Nigerian Troops Killed About 200 Boko Haram Militants At Michika by ThankGodEdeh(m): 9:48pm On Oct 06, 2014
Death to BH fighters, Victory to our gallant Soldiers.
Re: Nigerian Troops Killed About 200 Boko Haram Militants At Michika by omenka(m): 9:56pm On Oct 06, 2014
Na wa oo. Are the terrorists being cloned?? Dem nor dey finish ni?? undecided
Re: Nigerian Troops Killed About 200 Boko Haram Militants At Michika by Damlesky(m): 9:59pm On Oct 06, 2014
The rate our gallant soldiers are killing this brainless, konji boko haram, virgins will soon finish in their paradise o.
Imagine 200*72= 14,400 virgins shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Troops Killed About 200 Boko Haram Militants At Michika by BlackTechnology: 10:02pm On Oct 06, 2014
Where is South Africa

We are winning the war without their weapons

BH time up

GEJ wake up and

#InvolveOurHigherInstitutionsInWeaponsDevelopmentAsDICONmassProduce
Re: Nigerian Troops Killed About 200 Boko Haram Militants At Michika by fitzmayowa: 10:05pm On Oct 06, 2014
Kudos to the Nigerian Army...

Kudos to Punch...Atleast this report is far better than the one of sahara..

Am beginning to wonder if SH is the media wing of BH with their style of reporting...

God bless Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

States With The Best AND Worst Road? / I just want the people suffering to stop. feed up with corruption / Corruption Wars: Obasanjo Set To Expose Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.