Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,600 members, 7,955,211 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:40 PM

5 Things To Buy When Returning From A Journey. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Things To Buy When Returning From A Journey. (1394 Views)

List Of Things To Teach You Children At An Early Age! / After Returning The Bride Price, He Wants Us To Talk. / If You Suprisingly Come Back From A Journey And Find Ur Husband On Top Of A Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things To Buy When Returning From A Journey. by Ephramed(m): 1:15am On Oct 07, 2014
In nigeria when someone travell for a while,every look forward to welcome him/her after that every one starts asking,wetin you bring come?though not in all cases and depending on the money the traveller have here are things he/she can get for every oneto be happy.

1.BREAD:though to some they might say this is the norm,but bread in different places has their peculiar taste,so buying one or two loaves not too bad for the family as a whole.

2.clothes: well here you might be wondering what to buy for siblings.if you know the sizes of the different individuals you are meeting,a pair of trousers or shoes for the boys will be good and skirt or under wear for the ladies excellent choice

3.Jewelleries:this might be helpful for the elderly ones in the house.a watch of necklace.but be careful of the money in your hands,if you can afford it fine

4 souvenirs:well this might be for neighbours that comes to greet,just give them anything that has a printed name of where you coming from,books biros ,and many more

5:naming this category is hard but that special gift for that special one maybe a friend,a lover just take your time on this it shouldn't be too expensive and it shouldn't be too cheap.

But pls don't come back from a journey very dry.especially when you left home for a long time. point no 1 is not hard,its the least you can do.
Please you can share your views too.
Re: 5 Things To Buy When Returning From A Journey. by naijaboiy: 1:22am On Oct 07, 2014
Most times the clothes they buy doesn't fit me angry

Nice tips Op cool
Re: 5 Things To Buy When Returning From A Journey. by ogaofficer(m): 1:25am On Oct 07, 2014
You forgot DODO IKIRE when coming from OSUN STATE. LOLZ. . . BT NO1 is constant.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things To Buy When Returning From A Journey. by Ephramed(m): 1:27am On Oct 07, 2014
naijaboiy:

Nice tips Op cool
I don't know why people always get it wrong on the shirts.
Re: 5 Things To Buy When Returning From A Journey. by destante(f): 1:27am On Oct 07, 2014
naijaboiy:

Nice tips Op cool
*sigh
Re: 5 Things To Buy When Returning From A Journey. by naijaboiy: 1:31am On Oct 07, 2014
Ephramed:

I don't know why people always get it wrong on the shirts.
Mine is the trousers and also the shoes..
My legs are too long and they don't get it. angry

My dad always calls to ask for my size when he wants to get the shoes

I think i'll buy a loaf of bread while returning from school this semester grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Things To Buy When Returning From A Journey. by naijaboiy: 1:31am On Oct 07, 2014
destante:
*sigh
Hi smiley
Re: 5 Things To Buy When Returning From A Journey. by destante(f): 1:34am On Oct 07, 2014
wonderful tips op. they come in handy
Re: 5 Things To Buy When Returning From A Journey. by mistuurfabulous(m): 1:35am On Oct 07, 2014
;DKokoro when coming frm Abk winkKokoro when coming frm Abk
Re: 5 Things To Buy When Returning From A Journey. by naijaboiy: 1:37am On Oct 07, 2014
destante:
don't hi me. I had waited and still waiting sad
i'm still thinking it through...I don't like this on and off thingy smiley
Re: 5 Things To Buy When Returning From A Journey. by destante(f): 1:42am On Oct 07, 2014
Re: 5 Things To Buy When Returning From A Journey. by naijaboiy: 1:46am On Oct 07, 2014
destante:
hmm. okies smiley
Yea smiley

And so you've started using my font too? smiley
Re: 5 Things To Buy When Returning From A Journey. by destante(f): 1:54am On Oct 07, 2014
naijaboiy:

Yea smiley

And so you've started using my font too? smiley
hehe. for this alone I guess
Re: 5 Things To Buy When Returning From A Journey. by naijaboiy: 1:56am On Oct 07, 2014
destante:
hehe. for this alone I guess
I see smiley
Now I understand cool
Re: 5 Things To Buy When Returning From A Journey. by missdebs(f): 2:02am On Oct 07, 2014
and d timeless gala and lacasera....uniting nigerian families since 400BC
Re: 5 Things To Buy When Returning From A Journey. by davide470(m): 8:20am On Oct 07, 2014
destante:
so you were still awake by 4am angry
Re: 5 Things To Buy When Returning From A Journey. by destante(f): 8:22am On Oct 07, 2014
davide470:
so you were still awake by 4am angry
Yess grin but network got bad sad
Re: 5 Things To Buy When Returning From A Journey. by davide470(m): 8:27am On Oct 07, 2014
destante:
Yess grin but network got bad sad
Why didn't you call? Would have called had I been aware.
Re: 5 Things To Buy When Returning From A Journey. by 5minsmadness: 8:32am On Oct 07, 2014
1. Bread. Universally accepted.
2. Pekere. Especially when coming from the south south
3. Kilishi. When coming from the north.
4. Gala and lacasera, if you are a student and you couldn't think of what to buy.
5. Big green or yellow bananas. When coming from the east
6. Irish potatoes and onions when coming from abuja/jos/middle belt.
7. Your life. When coming from sambisa forest.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things To Buy When Returning From A Journey. by destante(f): 8:34am On Oct 07, 2014
davide470:
Why didn't you call? Would have called had I been aware.
sad sad

(1) (Reply)

Step Mothers In Nigeria / Where To Find Your True Love In Nigeria / Children Are Powerful Logical Thinkers: My Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.