Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Who Owns the "Hearts And Minds" of Africa? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Owns the "Hearts And Minds" of Africa? (6927 Views)

Oba Of Benin Death: Our Hearts Are Heavy, Says Oshiomhole / APC May Be Popular On Social Media But PDP Is In The Hearts Of Nigerians - Metuh / Nigeria: The Fight For The Hearts And Minds Of The Core North! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Owns the "Hearts And Minds" of Africa? by PaulJohn1: 8:51pm On Oct 21, 2014
anonimi:

Very correct. We cannot wish our history away, no matter how bad it seems to us now.

In support.

1 Like

Re: Who Owns the "Hearts And Minds" of Africa? by gatiano(m): 9:03pm On Oct 21, 2014
expose the nato/west for who they really are. and we can't get tired. the magic and the hold on the blackpeople's minds and hearts goes several thousands of years, undoing that won't be an easy work. most best paying jobs in african belong to the west. even the condom companies, who knows if... no, i'm sure those condom are not effective owing to the nature of the west for they are pure evil, the devil. and the black people only follow that which they want to eat like zombies (money, wealth and power illusion).
GenBuhari:
[size=18pt][b]Ever notice that whenever NATO /USA invade and occupy a country, the first thing they go after is "The Hearts and Minds"

This is Africa's problem.

They have won over the hearts and minds of Africans meaning that we are more loyal to them that we are to ourselves.

We trust them more than we trust ourselves.

We Believe them more than we believe ourselves

We choose to get our news from them rather than from our own sources.

We allow them to tell us who should be our heros and our friends.

We allow them to choose who should be our anti-heros and enemies.

We support them more than we support ourselves

We trade with them more than we trade with ourselves

Africa can never progress until we win back our own Hearts and Minds

What can we do today ?

Stop getting your news from the white man / western source like BBC, /CNN /Fox News etc.
[/b][/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Owns the "Hearts And Minds" of Africa? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 21, 2014
Very good point.
You are very right about them white man being evil. The condoms probably are not designed to protect Africans but I read that they put toxins in it that could be harmful for our women to have inside their bodies.
gatiano:
expose the nato/west for who they really are. and we can't get tired. the magic and the hold on the black people's minds and hearts goes several thousands of years, undoing that won't be an easy work. most best paying jobs in african belong to the west. even the condom companies, who knows if... no, i'm sure those condom are not effective owing to the nature of the west for they are pure evil, the devil. and the black people only follow that which they want to eat like zombies (money, wealth and power illusion).
Re: Who Owns the "Hearts And Minds" of Africa? by gatiano(m): 10:58am On Oct 22, 2014
no doubt about that, the fact that there are toxins lining on the condom, it does not past the white evil plan. the black woman will never see reasons that all the wigs, creams, foreign lip sticks and makeup cosmetics have all been poisoned intentionally to kill them, before killing them, to make them look ugly before the black man face. killing and making money at the same time. what can anybody expect when the black to white ratio is 11 to 1. black people are 11 times the size of whites. it had been like this since the 1930s. they will do anything to turn that around.

GenBuhari:
Very good point.
You are very right about them white man being evil. The condoms probably are not designed to protect Africans but I read that they put toxins in it that could be harmful for our women to have inside their bodies.

1 Like

Re: Who Owns the "Hearts And Minds" of Africa? by igbo2011(m): 6:34am On Oct 23, 2014
juman:

grin grin

I will like to know how america/NATO is the root cause of failure this present federal government?

Obasanjo ruled for eight years and failed woefully I will like to know how america/NATO was the cause of his failure as president?

Likewise how america/NATO caused the failure of other leaders?

Who is behind the wars in Africa and who is behind the leaders with support and weapons?

Who overthrows progressive leaders and installs puppets who serves the interests of western contortions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg6kPY7QC3M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5USbA701SI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YT6cotv0YU

2 Likes

Re: Who Owns the "Hearts And Minds" of Africa? by igbo2011(m): 6:23pm On Oct 23, 2014
GenBuhari:
You are not joking? lipsrsealed undecided
In that case, you are the perfect example of what this thread is all about.
They have won your heart and mind.

It is very sad.

We really must start at school and teach future generations that the white man is an evil enemy who committed genocide against Africans instead of teaching them that white man are our Gods.

What is your religion if you don't mine me asking?
Re: Who Owns the "Hearts And Minds" of Africa? by Nobody: 12:07am On Oct 24, 2014
Catholic
igbo2011:

What is your religion if you don't mine me asking?
Re: Who Owns the "Hearts And Minds" of Africa? by igbo2011(m): 1:14am On Oct 24, 2014
GenBuhari:
Catholic

Do you think religion is good our bad fir Africa. Dint you think it makes us docile and not able to think critically
Re: Who Owns the "Hearts And Minds" of Africa? by Nobody: 2:29am On Oct 24, 2014
I have been reflecting on religion recently and I am finding it increasingly difficult not to see the white man's introduction of his religion to us as anything other than an attempt to pacify us. Christianity taught us to forgive and turn the other cheek.

Also the white man taught us that jesus is white and by implication that God is white.

In the UK, the churches are empty. They even frown on mention of religion or God in the workplace.

Yes it never fails to amaze me how Nigerians believe that God will save them from any situation without them lifting a finger to save themselves.

igbo2011:

Do you think religion is good our bad fir Africa. Dint you think it makes us docile and not able to think critically

3 Likes

Re: Who Owns the "Hearts And Minds" of Africa? by igbo2011(m): 2:31am On Oct 26, 2014
GenBuhari:
I have been reflecting on religion recently and I am finding it increasingly difficult not to see the white man's introduction of his religion to us as anything other than an attempt to pacify us. Christianity taught us to forgive and turn the other cheek.

Also the white man taught us that jesus is white and by implication that God is white.

In the UK, the churches are empty. They even frown on mention of religion or God in the workplace.

Yes it never fails to amaze me how Nigerians believe that God will save them from any situation without them lifting a finger to save themselves.

Why don't you leave it and go to Odinani or Ifa? What is your ethnicity?

1 Like

Re: Who Owns the "Hearts And Minds" of Africa? by Nobody: 3:50am On Oct 26, 2014
I would like to start looking more into our native religions after all if they were good enough for our ancestors for thousands of years why do we have to abandon it just because the white man told us to.

I am Igbo.
igbo2011:

Why don't you leave it and go to Odinani or Ifa? What is your ethnicity?

1 Like

Re: Who Owns the "Hearts And Minds" of Africa? by igbo2011(m): 7:10am On Oct 26, 2014
GenBuhari:
I would like to start looking more into our native religions after all if they were good enough for our ancestors for thousands of years why do we have to abandon it just because the white man told us to.

I am Igbo.

Here are some good information on Igbo spirituality.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Odinani-The-Sacred-Arts-Sciences-of-the-Igbo-People/131648973577180

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Sankofa-Afrikology-Project/209329932474223

http://igbocybershrine.com/
Re: Who Owns the "Hearts And Minds" of Africa? by Sunshineluv(f): 9:58am On Oct 26, 2014
GenBuhari:
You are not joking? lipsrsealed undecided
In that case, you are the perfect example of what this thread is all about.
They have won your heart and mind.

It is very sad.

We really must start at school and teach future generations that the white man is an evil enemy who committed genocide against Africans instead of teaching them that white man are our Gods.

Even the arabs are also our enemies. They introduced terrorism into the country
Re: Who Owns the "Hearts And Minds" of Africa? by Sunshineluv(f): 10:01am On Oct 26, 2014
juman:

grin grin

I will like to know how america/NATO is the root cause of failure this present federal government?

Obasanjo ruled for eight years and failed woefully I will like to know how america/NATO was the cause of his failure as president?

Likewise how america/NATO caused the failure of other leaders?
Good questions. I don't know why black people always blame the whites for their own ignorance and foolishness

1 Like

Re: Who Owns the "Hearts And Minds" of Africa? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 26, 2014
I dont know why blacks are not able to see that the white man is their enemy and are so quick to jump to the defence of the white man. This is a sign that the white man truely owns our hearts and minds.

Questions what can each of us start doing from this moment to start to change that.

Since we cannot rely on our schools to teach our children why the white man can not be trusted, I am resolving to start right now to teach my children myself be sceptical about negativity they here from western media about Africa and the great untold contribution Africa has made to world civilisation.
Sunshineluv:
Good questions. I don't know why black people always blame the whites for their own ignorance and foolishness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Owns the "Hearts And Minds" of Africa? by gatiano(m): 5:13pm On Oct 26, 2014
You haven't seen nothing yet Gen Buhari. The minds and hearts of the blackman has been lock tight hard by the whiteman deceits. we always see or read the history of how the white people of america lynched, killed, maimed, and burnt alive our black brothers (after Jesus died for their sins o), what do you think those conditions did to the black americans mind? they were born to fear the whiteman. that is the same thing with the south african. now nigerians don't want to see that or remember that, they say let us forgive, who gave them the power to forgive? if that was what the whites did to blacks in americas, in europe and in south africa, what did the white people do to us while we were colonized? that history part of the killing, scalping , beheadings, raping our women, lynching and burning has been hidden and not taught to us in school. those condition has conditioned us to love our enemies. we are nothing but dogs to the whiteman that he can call at will. those conditions are embedded in our genes.

It is a hard job to make the blackman see, until GOD destroys the whiteman which is going on as we speak. after that our own punishment from GOD would begin for not looking unto our father (GOD, WHO IS A BLACKMAN). JESUS HALFCASTE, MOSES HALFCASTE, ABRAHAM BLACKMAN, JACOB BLACKMAN, ADAM OF THE BIBLE (MADE BY BLACKMEN, GOD CALLS HIM DEVIL), The bible teaches of the creation, not of the Creator.

Blackman and whiteman alike, how can you enter the kingdom of GOD, if you don't like him (GOD), If you don't like black or being black? He is a Blackman, A Person.

GenBuhari:
I dont know why blacks are not able to see that the white man is their enemy and are so quick to jump to the defence of the white man. This is a sign that the white man truely owns our hearts and minds.

Questions what can each of us start doing from this moment to start to change that.

Since we cannot rely on our schools to teach our children why the white man can not be trusted, I am resolving to start right now to teach my children myself be sceptical about negativity they here from western media about Africa and the great untold contribution Africa has made to world civilisation.

3 Likes

Re: Who Owns the "Hearts And Minds" of Africa? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 26, 2014
This idea that Africans sold slaves to the white man can not a true version of our history. It sounds like a version of history the white man probably wrote for us.

It just does not sound credible that Africans would suddenly start selling their people to white man as slaves?

If you consider colonialism to be a form of slavery, then we Africans were all slaves during colonial times which makes the story very absurd when you consider that African selling slaves to their colonial powers is akin to slaves selling slaves to their slave masters. This just not credible.

We need to establish our own correct version of our history
anonimi:

Exactly and teaching our HISTORY as well, including the worst atrocities we committed against ourselves such as selling our ancestors as slaves to Arabs and then the whites.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Owns the "Hearts And Minds" of Africa? by anonimi: 6:23pm On Oct 26, 2014
GenBuhari:
This idea that Africans sold slaves to the white man can not a true version of our history. It sounds like a version of history the white man probably wrote for us.

It just does not sound credible that Africans would suddenly start selling their people to white man as slaves?

If you consider colonialism to be a form of slavery, then we Africans were all slaves during colonial times which makes the story very absurd when you consider that African selling slaves to their colonial powers is akin to slaves selling slaves to their slave masters. This just not credible.

We need to establish our own correct version of our history

Coming from a demented fellow who says Ebola is a hoax, I guess one should not be surprised.
Madam Tinubu was a slave TRADER, for example. There were many more like her. And WE sold slaves among ourselves before we started selling to Arabs then later on to Europeans. What is even more irksome is that African slave traders WROTE to the British to allow them continue selling slaves after the British abolished it and spent a lot of their own efforts to enforce the abolition. Meanwhile we continued selling our brethren to the Arabs as slaves through land routes.

You may wish to note that slave trade with Europeans started before colonisation.

BTW, if Germans acknowledge their genocide against Jews why is it difficult for us to fully acknowledge we sold our fellow Africans as slaves

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Who Owns the "Hearts And Minds" of Africa? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 26, 2014
Who told you about the existence of Ebola?

oh! it was the white man!!

You are unable to question the existence of Ebola because the white man told you about it and because the white man owns your heart and mind.

This history of African slave traders who wrote those history for you?

The white man!

You are the classic case of what this thread is about.
anonimi:

Coming from a demented fellow who says Ebola is a hoax, I guess one should not be surprised.
Madam Tinubu was a slave TRADER, for example. There were many more like her. And WE sold slaves among ourselves before we started selling to Arabs then later on to Europeans. What is even more irksome is that African slave traders WROTE to the British to allow them continue selling slaves after the British abolished it and spent a lot of their own efforts to enforce the abolition. Meanwhile we continued selling our brethren to the Arabs as slaves through land routes.

You may wish to note that slave trade with Europeans started before colonisation.

BTW, if Germans acknowledge their genocide against Jews why is it difficult for us to fully acknowledge we sold our fellow Africans as slaves
Re: Who Owns the "Hearts And Minds" of Africa? by Ikhilor(m): 9:22pm On Oct 26, 2014
I'm afraid it'll take something unusual to unlock the brains and eyes of some of our people. That being the case, this thread is a good step from which to start looking @ what it is that has hindered our awakening even after everything is bare and plain to see that we have enemies everywhere (mostly western) who're hell bent on continuing from where their pre and post colonialist forefathers left of. We have been under siege for many hundreds of years and have been conditioned to believe everything our enemies say as truth and most of what our righteous heroes say as falsehood. The truth is, whether we like it or not, WE MUST WAKE UP AND FACE THE REAL WORLD. We are still at war as a race and thus must be alert to the workings of this criminal world we live in.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Owns the "Hearts And Minds" of Africa? by thoth: 5:46am On Oct 27, 2014
Teaching your kids at home is good for them individually but i have a firm believe that such measure will not achieve anything except divisions and disunity from the very few who knew the truth and the majority who did not, it becomes clear after you have seen things from a social psychology point of view, the minority whom are enlightened among a society cannot influence the majority whom are unenlightened or change their views on things IF and only IF there exists a group(USA) external to the society working in opposition to such influence, as long as the external pressure and support to sustainable ignorance persists the minority's task will remain impossible and they being the abnormal or unconventional part of the society as they are being portrayed might even face extinction. In the Africans case the IF is plainly persistent.

On these same lines we should strive to make use of our school because it is OUR school to teach our history not the whitemans school to teach his false history, the reason for that is that it will enlighten more at a time and create the unity of mind and ideas which we Africans lack and therefore singularity of purpose. If this can be achieved you will see how easy it is to defeat neocolonialism. extremely easy.

For my Analysis on the how ideas are sustained in the society i will give an anecdote which we as Nigerians can identify with.
In Nigeria, if a group of people decides to go and burn, destroy certain oracle and its shrine they readily gets support from the society, without asking why people will condemn the oracle as a fetish and many other negative labels, the alien idea is completely and thoroughly instilled on the majority that asking why should one burn down a 600 year old shrine is almost a crime on its own. so people will troop, chanting Christian songs and the shrine gets destroyed. Now if you ever bring up the idea of burning down a church you will find out that you have almost zero support and heavy opposition, infact you risk your life by even mentioning such views.

Rewind back 600 years ago when we practice our religion, if you and your friends go out there and burn down a church you will be celebrated as a warrior and its easy to get support for such missions , at that same period if you ever mention burning down a shrine you will be executed instantly.

these are same people though different times, so ask yourself what has changed ?? the answer is Education. so we have to fight to BRING EDUCATION BACK TO OUR SIDE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Owns the "Hearts And Minds" of Africa? by gatiano(m): 6:12pm On Oct 30, 2014
madam tinubu was a slave trader, i read that, onlt that i got who she sold slaves to as it was not mentioned or i forgot, so are many others, it is bad and when punishment is to be awarded, they will be rewarded according to their hand works.

However, we (black people) never sold slave before the arabs or the white. black people never had or built any prison system, we had little places to lock up petty criminals (if they ever was), or lock up people pending their judgement. the system was that the offender must serve whoever he has wronged for a given period of time, and if the offender is rich, he will be made to pay who he has wronged and few cases, he will serve as slave too. no parole, no nonsense. the two other judgement was banishment or straight death. our taking of housemaids were learnt from the white, whereby directly unknowingly to few people (black) are destroying the lives of these so called maids.

the arabs enslaved before Prophet Muhammad (saw), it stopped or reduced during his time, three generations after he died, it began again, i guess that is the DNA of the white genes in them.

and the blacks that later was capturing and selling their fellow black brothers is more than what meets the eye. it was a careful and long planning by the white people. on the final note, who is this whiteman? i shiit you not, he is the devil! the devil is not a spirit but man, and that is the caucasian. he was thought tricks and how to master the black people by a blackman. the whiteman is a super trickster. and trick is a lie.

anonimi:

Re: Who Owns the "Hearts And Minds" of Africa? by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 31, 2014
Very well explained.
However on a practicable level knowing that our current leaders are puppets of the white man, they are unlikely to allow our schools to teach our true history.

Until such time as we get a visionary patriotic leader willing to include the true version of African history, I think we have nothing to lose from educating our children at home on the true version of our history. In fact if every enlightened person educate their children it would be a start.
thoth:
Teaching your kids at home is good for them individually but i have a firm believe that such measure will not achieve anything except divisions and disunity from the very few who knew the truth and the majority who did not, it becomes clear after you have seen things from a social psychology point of view, the minority whom are enlightened among a society cannot influence the majority whom are unenlightened or change their views on things IF and only IF there exists a group(USA) external to the society working in opposition to such influence, as long as the external pressure and support to sustainable ignorance persists the minority's task will remain impossible and they being the abnormal or unconventional part of the society as they are being portrayed might even face extinction. In the Africans case the IF is plainly persistent.

On these same lines we should strive to make use of our school because it is OUR school to teach our history not the whitemans school to teach his false history, the reason for that is that it will enlighten more at a time and create the unity of mind and ideas which we Africans lack and therefore singularity of purpose. If this can be achieved you will see how easy it is to defeat neocolonialism. extremely easy.

For my Analysis on the how ideas are sustained in the society i will give an anecdote which we as Nigerians can identify with.
In Nigeria, if a group of people decides to go and burn, destroy certain oracle and its shrine they readily gets support from the society, without asking why people will condemn the oracle as a fetish and many other negative labels, the alien idea is completely and thoroughly instilled on the majority that asking why should one burn down a 600 year old shrine is almost a crime on its own. so people will troop, chanting Christian songs and the shrine gets destroyed. Now if you ever bring up the idea of burning down a church you will find out that you have almost zero support and heavy opposition, infact you risk your life by even mentioning such views.

Rewind back 600 years ago when we practice our religion, if you and your friends go out there and burn down a church you will be celebrated as a warrior and its easy to get support for such missions , at that same period if you ever mention burning down a shrine you will be executed instantly.

these are same people though different times, so ask yourself what has changed ?? the answer is Education. so we have to fight to BRING EDUCATION BACK TO OUR SIDE.
Re: Who Owns the "Hearts And Minds" of Africa? by thoth: 9:52am On Oct 31, 2014
I have always tried my best to explain to people that the society is corrupt, whether this condition favors you or goes against you depends on how well you understand the situation. In simpler words if the leaders are corruptible and the fulcrum is money that equally means that they will go with whomever holds the larger carrot or the BIGGER STICK meaning we can also use their corrupt nature to our advantage. We can always bribe, coerce, blackmail and deceive them FOR THE SAKE of the people.

To be honest with you i have been searching for a suitable curriculum for Nigerian and African history that will cater for nursery to senior secondary schools and when that is found one of those poisonous courses will be substituted for that.

Africans are inherently ignorant and docile, colonialism and its doctrines had a 450 years headstart before we could do anything, the imperialists has more money to influence, more media to disseminate and misinform, more fire power to coerce and impose than we can ever amass in the time available to us. From these observations i concluded that working WITH the people will always fail because they are not enlightened and will even turn against you, working FOR the people will always fail because they with their colonial mentality will make destructive choices. Working FOR THE SAKE of the people is what have always worked in this sort of situation. A small unit of well enlightened citizens taking the vanguard and TOWING the people with them.

Hope you understand that, though a strategy that asks for condemnation but the end justifies the means.
Re: Who Owns the "Hearts And Minds" of Africa? by Orunto: 10:33am On Oct 31, 2014
The Real Controllers of The World Order for the West are Samsung & Google on the one hand, Nokia & Yahoo on the other hand. Our own MTN N is associated with Nokia & Yahoo to the delight of South Africa and the chagrin of Nigeria. If you have any good solution to Nigeria's problem, you are one of the most privileged super special advisers to Mr. President. Go to him and give it raw. It is more effective that way.
Re: Who Owns the "Hearts And Minds" of Africa? by marquiseT(f): 11:11am On Oct 31, 2014
Thank you for the enlightment,its alway refreshing to see people think out of the box..

I don't know if you are right or wrong,but what I am in support of is that the whiteman does not wish us well nor pray for our growth.

And the first step is for AFRICAN to be united

OP,well said
Re: Who Owns the "Hearts And Minds" of Africa? by thoth: 11:57am On Oct 31, 2014
The controllers list aside , If you had a suggestion that is African Oriented you will never ever see the president talk less of taking to him. once the middle men collects the summary of your ideas and their handlers reads them that's the end of your quest.

Orunto:
The Real Controllers of The World Order for the West are Samsung & Google on the one hand, Nokia & Yahoo on the other hand. Our own MTN N is associated with Nokia & Yahoo to the delight of South Africa and the chagrin of Nigeria. If you have any good solution to Nigeria's problem, you are one of the most privileged super special advisers to Mr. President. Go to him and give it raw. It is more effective that way.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ghana In Darkness As Energy Crises Worsen / Video: War Dancers Storm Umuahia(see Ancestral Weapon Dey Gave Kanu 2destroy Nig / NEW BANK NOTES DENOMINATION:-₦25, ₦250, ₦750! NEW CURRENCY, NEW HOPE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.