Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,676 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Taraba Acting Governor Declares Suntai Missing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Taraba Acting Governor Declares Suntai Missing (953 Views)

Suntai Leaves Govt. House; Packs Into House Bought For Him By His Deputy / Supreme Court Orders Taraba Acting Governor Removed, Deputy Sworn In / Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taraba Acting Governor Declares Suntai Missing by DEGREE2466(m): 6:05am On Oct 07, 2014
Taraba Acting Governor Declares Suntai Missing

The acting governor of Taraba State, Alhaji Garba Umar, has disclosed that his principal, Governor Danbaba Danfulani Suntai, is missing.

Umar, who stated this yesterday in Jalingo during a media chat with journalists, said that he had not set his eyes on his boss, Governor Suntai, since he was smuggled into the country by a certain cabal.

“Few of my aides and I were already at the domestic wing of the airport to receive my boss but, unknowingly to me, the cabal was already waiting at the international wing of the airpot where the plane conveying my boss was directed to land.

When I got to know that the plane landed at the international wing, I rushed to the place to receive him, but he was in a jeep which immediately drove him to T.Y. Danjuma Lodge,” he said.
He added that the cabal, which surrounded the ailing Suntai, was holding him hostage in order to hold onto power to the detriment of his health.

He called on citizens of state to eschew religious differences and work towards unity in the state.
“I thank God this year’s sallah was peaceful; peace has returned to some of the crisis areas in the state. And I have also constituted a reconciliation committee to ensure that those who fled their homes because of crisis return,” he noted.

He assured sons and daughters of the state that his administration would continue to work to ensure that all Tarabans enjoys the dividend of democracy.
However, a former commissioner for information in the state, Mr. Emmanuel Bello, told LEADERSHIP on phone that Suntai was not missing.

He explained that governor Suntai was doing well and would soon return to the state to continue his business of governance.
“Since our dear governor returned from his medical trip, he has been at the Governor’s Lodge, otherwise called T.Y. Danjuma House, located at Asokoro in Abuja,” Bello said.

He stressed that the acting governor, Umar, was only waiting for this tenure to elapse, and that after the expiration of Suntai’s administration that brought him as deputy governor, he would pack his luggage out of Government House.

Efforts to speak with Governor Suntai’s senior special adviser on media and publicity, Mr. Slyvanus Giwa, were futile as his telephone lines were not going through at the time of filing this report.

http://leadership.ng/news/386286/taraba-acting-governor-declares-suntai-missing
Re: Taraba Acting Governor Declares Suntai Missing by Rawshal(m): 6:26am On Oct 07, 2014
Wetin we no go see 4 dis country

1 Like

Re: Taraba Acting Governor Declares Suntai Missing by akumada1: 6:49am On Oct 07, 2014
Why is this acting governor is so despirate?, power and nigerian politicians share thesame bed.
Re: Taraba Acting Governor Declares Suntai Missing by chinwike2(m): 6:52am On Oct 07, 2014
Chai ! Just like that
Re: Taraba Acting Governor Declares Suntai Missing by size38: 7:16am On Oct 07, 2014
This why I hate Nigerian politicians. What is GEJ and leaders of the PDP are saying on this issue? GEJ nearly became a victim of a situation like this if not for some Notable Nigerians who stood to defend the country and the constitution for GEJ to succeed late Yar' Adua. Nigeria and PDP in particular should stop setting bad examples. This suntai is incapacitated. Let his second takeover power immediately without playing politics with live of those in that state.
Re: Taraba Acting Governor Declares Suntai Missing by Harmthe(m): 7:20am On Oct 07, 2014
deputy governor sighting governor seat since bellview plane crash
Re: Taraba Acting Governor Declares Suntai Missing by Chiefpriest1(m): 7:29am On Oct 07, 2014
The major problem in this country is that we know the right thing but refuse to do it. If the man is incapacitated let him go somewhere and recuperate. The only time the acting governor should be seen as wicked and despicable is when he refuses to grant suntai his entitlements and due respect .Shikena!
Re: Taraba Acting Governor Declares Suntai Missing by CyberTerrorist: 7:39am On Oct 07, 2014
Nawa oo..
Re: Taraba Acting Governor Declares Suntai Missing by juman(m): 7:46am On Oct 07, 2014
The president is too weak.

Why this controversy linger till today?
Re: Taraba Acting Governor Declares Suntai Missing by PresidentAde(m): 8:04am On Oct 07, 2014
*** Made in Nigeria *** The Deputy Governor is as Useless as Suntai Himself !!!

I pity that State ,While others are looking for Industries and IGR they are busy looking for their Governor that isn't lost .........

1 Like

Re: Taraba Acting Governor Declares Suntai Missing by Josh1000: 8:16am On Oct 07, 2014
Sometimes the Nation can confuse u

(1) (Reply)

Fayose Lies Flat On Ground At Deeper Life Church (picture) / Is Buhari Rily Corrupt? / Tompolo's death threat: Lawyer Festus Keyamo Petitions SSS, IGP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.