Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,143 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September (16194 Views)

Photos Of Obafemi Martins' Lovely Kids / Checkout The Fabulous Life Of Obafemi Martins And How He Spends His Millions / Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by pillzthadrugz(m): 8:38am On Oct 07, 2014
I love his style of play.........aggressive attacker

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by iheanyi40(m): 8:38am On Oct 07, 2014
I think Martins is in form now and should b tried in d super eagles
Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by kunlesehan(m): 8:39am On Oct 07, 2014
iceberylin:
ĶĔŚĤĨĔ ŚŤĨĹĹ ŴŐŃŤ ČÁĹĹ ĤĨM angry

and I wonder why?
Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by ugoezeik(m): 8:39am On Oct 07, 2014
QMark:
Good news for the lad
u call him lad? I bin tin say lad na small pikin. nw hw com
Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 07, 2014
He should be a king in our team as he has 1 eye unlike majority of d team who are blind.
Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by odepacy: 8:40am On Oct 07, 2014
Bravo oba goal, u dnt to go to toggo to archiev ur gold
Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by tayork(m): 8:41am On Oct 07, 2014
I trust keshi,he will not hesitate to bring in obagoal, really love his style of playing #bring_back_our_martin

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by justi4jesu(f): 8:43am On Oct 07, 2014
Wish him well...........

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by Krasid(m): 8:44am On Oct 07, 2014
Good for him

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by bigwallace(m): 8:45am On Oct 07, 2014
Dnt know wat is btw martins nd keshi,martins is d only striker we have dat is scoring d goals,even though he is playin in d mls,av watched some of his games nd I blive he is still very good,can u imagine keshi calling up one rookie to replace vic moses,wen we have martins nd uche playing very well!

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 07, 2014
`Don't be surprised if Keshi ends up calling a player that has scored once in 24 matches in the Vietnam League.

3 Likes

Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by austinbrown: 8:50am On Oct 07, 2014
If em come super eagles now em no go fit score again
Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by DonDiego(m): 8:50am On Oct 07, 2014
We need players with experience and commitment, not those who will be invited to the national team and they'll be forming big boyz. If you ask them to run or chase a ball, they'll think you are insulting them. Meanwhile in their clubs they are willing to run one kilometer if they are told to run just 100 meters.
Stelvin101:

If u see Martins as an old man. Wetin u go call Drogba who is still playing for big club like Chel :Psea? Keshi abeg call am oo. We need players with experience, not all these small boiz with fish brain playing rubbish football
Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by awesomeboi(m): 8:52am On Oct 07, 2014
make him cm premier ship na.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by nerodenero: 8:54am On Oct 07, 2014
I used to call Keshi 'doroboss' but I think he is 'doroblind'.No reasonable coach would ignore a player in fine form.I pray we qualify sha!

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by holax: 8:55am On Oct 07, 2014
He deserves it, I like him so much.
Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by Larow(m): 8:56am On Oct 07, 2014
PietroRico:
Mls is not a league to be taken too seriously.
in other words, you are trying to tell us that there is nothing special in what Martins is doing abi? Our national team is filled with belgian, chinese, championship, even nigerian league players! How many of this above listed leagues can stand the MLS? If we can take these leagues seriously, how much more the MLS? And this is a Martins we all know has just being on the unlucky side in his career, if not! Not until we now have the likes of Uchebo who is more like a musician(Flavour) in our team, you won't know we need better players. Funny Nigerians!

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by PietroRico(m): 8:56am On Oct 07, 2014
rhazur:

Na chinese league make we take seriously??
Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by awesomeboi(m): 9:00am On Oct 07, 2014
mk him cm premiership na so pple will be watching him play because me I like him football.
Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by jagaz: 9:02am On Oct 07, 2014
cooli think keshi is JƱڪτ̲̅ attaching personal problems cause Oba Martins is still patiently wait'n 4 call-up & will be glad if he's. Left 4 ♍ε̲̣̣̣, i'll give him α try
Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by hustla(m): 9:04am On Oct 07, 2014
PietroRico:

I'm not sure u know who Donovan is
Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by Smooyis(m): 9:07am On Oct 07, 2014
'Keshi has lost it'. I think i share this belief, if he keeps going on with his egoistic posture. A word is enough ...........
Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by charlesm91(m): 9:12am On Oct 07, 2014
those saying MLS isn't a league to be seriously looked at, how about the players getting picked from Chinese n God knows where? At least Martins is scoring and not some lame striker who we never heard of and only to check his profile n see he's scored just a single or double in over 30 games in an unknown league.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by crusufixo(m): 9:24am On Oct 07, 2014
The MLS is not a competitive league. Retirees like Thiery Henry, Donavan, Robby kaeen, Tim Cahill, are doing wonders and scoring goals in this same MLS. So for me, its not a measure of saying he is back. If he were replicating this form in the premier league, german bundesliga, italian seria, or even Scottish league..... then I can comfortably say yes, he is back

Any player can go to the MLS and shine. I must however mention that the MLS is developing into a competitive league and in the near future, it would most definitely compete in the world stage
Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 07, 2014
FOR COUNSELING ON DEPRESSION FRUTRATION, ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE, ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT, HOSTILE WORKING ENVIRONMENT, ETC CONTACT BOLU MARTINS COUNSELING CONSULTANCY 08069432355, 08154638499 OR E.MAIL boluwajimartinsedibo@gmail.com
Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by DrGill(m): 9:28am On Oct 07, 2014
PietroRico:
Do u watch mls, or u just speakin factually? for ur information, mls is a league of survival of d fittest. . .stop sayin sh*t
Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 07, 2014
So where does keshi stand now? Is he still our coach?
Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 07, 2014
We all remembered how Zidane came back frm retirement n shone at d world cup, if u r gud u r gud regarless of hw old u r, robben,pirlo,ribery,drogba, who all plays fr big clubs r still active professionally both for country n club ...have they past dier prime? I'm directing this Question to keshi n his sympathizers...... Now sumone mentioned MLS as a mediocre league, a league whr legends like Villa,henry,donovan,dempsey(who shone at d last world cup) I saw an mls game n it wasn't diff frm a la liga game ,the tempo,the pace and technicalities were top class. It wud avbn beta Keshi just said martins doesn't fit his style of play, rather than say "he has pass his prime". Martins is still very good and can still deliver.
Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 07, 2014
DonDiego:
We need players with experience and commitment, not those who will be invited to the national team and they'll be forming big boyz. If you ask them to run or chase a ball, they'll think you are insulting them. Meanwhile in their clubs they are willing to run one kilometer if they are told to run just 100 meters.

Martins has always been a dedicated player who puts his best for the national team. One important thing about a player is their form is seasonal, sometyms dey r as useless as Smalling in Manchester United and othr times they are as useful as Ronaldo in Madrid. If there is any player to be classified into such category then it is Obi Mikel. My advice to Keshi, he should invite Martins to the national squad.

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by Emulti(m): 10:00am On Oct 07, 2014
ok

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi / Gernot Rohr Visits NFF Headquaters (Photos) / AFCON Morocco Vs Ghana (1 - 0) On 10th January 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.