Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,114 members, 7,953,413 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:47 PM

Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September (16300 Views)

Photos Of Obafemi Martins' Lovely Kids / Checkout The Fabulous Life Of Obafemi Martins And How He Spends His Millions / Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by deb(m): 12:19am On Oct 08, 2014
PietroRico:
Mls is not a league to be taken too seriously.

OK. But it's at least better than Chinese league
Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by ddeola: 1:17am On Oct 08, 2014
The young man deserves a call-up with his present form of performance
Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by Baawaa(m): 9:37am On Oct 08, 2014
robosky02:

keshi only see players that score 1 goal in 30 matches
Keshi only see players that he sees their Alerts
Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by enomakos(m): 12:17pm On Oct 08, 2014
PietroRico:
Mls is not a league to be taken too seriously.

really?so the chinese league is better?
Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by hkidola00(m): 3:48pm On Oct 08, 2014
Abbey2sam:
lmfao,as in bro u dey mad,lol.and ur madly rite
Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by robosky02(m): 4:04pm On Oct 08, 2014
deb:

OK. But it's at least better than Chinese league
Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by robosky02(m): 2:36pm On Oct 09, 2014
football is more about current form and not just age:

KAKA IS BACK IN BRAZIL National team. i hpoe Keshi is hearing and seeing this why not OBAGOAL

Kaka is back with Brazil's national team after an absence of more than 18 months.

Coach Dunga on Friday called up the playmaker to replace injured Cruzeiro midfielder Ricardo Goulart for the match against Argentina on Oct. 11 in Beijing and against Japan on Oct. 14 in Singapore.

The 32-year-old Kaka, a member of Brazil's squad at the 2002, 2006 and 2010 World Cups, hadn't been called up to the Selecao since a friendly against Russia in March last year, when Luiz Felipe Scolari was in charge.

''I'm incredibly happy to be back,'' Kaka said. ''After a long time away from the national team, this comes as a reward for the work that I have been doing. It shows that I've been doing something good.''

Kaka was Brazil's main star at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, in Dunga's first stint as coach of the national team. He had been playing well with AC Milan before the 2014 tournament but was left out of the squad by Scolari.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kaka-returns-brazil-national-team-211552614--sow.html
Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by robosky02(m): 4:20pm On Oct 29, 2014
obagoal signs contract extention:

When the Seattle Sounders managed to lure Obafemi Martins away from La Liga's Levante, it was considered a coup. His re-signing, which was made official today, won't be seen as so audacious, but it might be more important.

Details weren't released, but various reports have suggested Martins basically doubled his salary and will be sticking around for at least another couple years. Assuming he doesn't suddenly regress dramatically, that's two more years of a talent that is virtually unmatched in MLS.

Since joining the Sounders in March of 2013, Martins has established himself as not just an elite scorer but an underrated playmaker. His 25 league goals are already the second most in team history and his 17 assists have him fourth. By the time this contract runs out, he could very well own both records, especially if he keeps up this pace. His 17 league goals and 19 in all competitions are both single-season franchise records and his 13 assists in MLS play tie the team record.
Re: Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September by robosky02(m): 4:07pm On Nov 02, 2014
Super Eagles Coach Stephen Keshi has given fresh assurances to Seattle Sounders forward, Obafemi Martins that he is not a spent force as far as the Nigeria national team is concerned.

The Big Boss gave this indication while speaking to Supersport.com as he stated that he has been keeping tabs with Martins who has been enjoying a good run of form in the MLS.
“I invited Obafemi during the 2014 World Cup qualifiers. He did not perform too well back then and I told him so” Keshi explained to Supersport.com

He continued: “I have been monitoring his progress in the States and I am happy he’s doing quite well. I will give him another chance.
“Like I said, I will give players the opportunity wherever they play.
Before now Keshi was reported to have told Martins to forget playing for the Eagles and just concentrate on his club football but that has now evaporated with the fresh chance now been considered.

With the fresh news, it will be double joy for Martins who already has been tipped for the MVP this season in the MLS where he has enjoyed a blistering campaign that has seen him play his way into the record books of Seattle Sounders.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uk Pool Week 21 4/4 Live Draws / Breakdancing Added As New Sport For Olympics 2024 To Be Held In Paris / Tennis US Open 2012..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.