Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,012 members, 7,835,435 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

OPINION - Youths Kindly Find Your Way To The Top. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPINION - Youths Kindly Find Your Way To The Top. (409 Views)

Say Good Bye To Goodluck Jonathan In Your Way / Sokoto Youths Sweep Jonathan, PDP Leaders Out-of-state - Pic / Excited Kaduna Youths Patrolling The Streets Waiting For The Arrival Of Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

OPINION - Youths Kindly Find Your Way To The Top. by Titilayodeji13(m): 8:53am On Oct 07, 2014
Well, I don't know about you,but on my Facebook Timeline and while taking stroll on Nairaland,,the kind of words and messages from all sectors of life I read are so inspiring and very educative , many who brilliantly argue out their ideas are of age and qualified to be in positions of leadership in their respective communities, but they can't be, cos that the way its has been ever since mother Nigeria got her independence from the British in 1960, there has been a kind of table tennis
passage of power within the same circle of individuals, with the same system of administration repeated over and over and over again. This generation is dying and our Teachers can't stop telling us we are the leaders of tomorrow. Parents don't even stop sending us to schools. From Primary to Secondary to University.1st Degree and 2nd degree,still we are still not qualified to be in any leadership position,its not a fallacy that we have witnessed a series of military administrations for
many of our years of independence. This has left the spirit of the same military
existing within our present democracy, with the same authoritarian practices of
disregarding law and procedure in operation. I wonder how possibly a change
can come when, since independence, the same people are playing a soccer game of power with Nigeria, even while there are potential youths with creative minds
out there. Even the good few leaders are pessimistic about carrying the youths along.
Perhaps I should quote the words of A.P Giannini (1870 – 1949), as saying: “I leave
everything to the young men. You’ve got to give youthful men authority and responsibility if you’re going to build up an organization. Otherwise you’ll always
be the boss yourself and you won’t leave anything behind you.” I believe the call is now! Let the youths be allowed to participate at all level of policy
and decision-making for a great and healthy democracy, and as well to save the
future of our establishments. As Francis Bacon (1561 – 1626) put it, “Young men are fitter to invent than to judge; fitter for execution than for counsel; and fitter for new projects than for settled business.”
Well this is my advice to the Nigeria Youths,these our leaders don't want to die or vacate the leadership position,if you want to help your family from the rot of poverty. Go to missionary school,find your way to the football scene,get your self a way to the Nolly wood or Gollywood, Trust me,if you can make it with just 5years of consistency in the back page or front page of any of the Nigeria Newspaper
,Go back to your locality and win your self a sit to the House of Rep or National assembly.

God bless the youths of Nigeria.

Folayele Ayodeji Odeyele

(1) (Reply)

SHOCKER: Colonel, 10 Officers Set Armoured Tanks Ablaze During Boko Haram Attack / Who Can Rule Nigeria Successfully? A) The Older Citizens B) The Youths... / Is There Mtn Service In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.