Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,654 members, 7,809,477 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

10 Lessons I Learnt From Islam On Nairaland - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 10 Lessons I Learnt From Islam On Nairaland (1710 Views)

Israeli Man Reverts To Islam On Gaza Appeal Live On Tv. / The Campaign Against Islam On Nairaland / Norwegians Embrace Islam On Mass In Tromso! Mission Dawah: Norway - Day 11-iera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

10 Lessons I Learnt From Islam On Nairaland by logicboy01: 10:55am On Oct 07, 2014
1) There is power in unity. When people are united for cause, great things can be achieved. For instance, expensive islamic charity projects getting done, making the owner of a forum listen to your demands etc

2) Fear is a very powerful tool and motivator of people. If you want people to bend to your demand show them their greatest fear. Death is one thing that everyone fears. A death threat can keep the most unruly person in check.

3) When you are afraid of having your beliefs questioned, you become paranoid and isolate yourself

4) Banning or threats of banning is also a good motivator to stop other people from questioning your beliefs on a forum

5) When a group of people isolate themselves from others, they start to become a "circlejerk" or engage in "groupthink". This leads this same people to start to make some irrational judgement because they wouldnt be able to see their own mistakes from the "outside" that others can see.

6) Power corrupts. Power corrupts. Power corrupts. The more power a mod has, the more corrupt he or she can be. 100 years ban?

7) Power always bring sycophants. You will notice that some mods have their group of cheerleaders

cool Nigerian leaders (both in business and politics) usually choose personal benefit over the needs of the many Nigerians. An equally religious or fair forum versus one that guarantees profits and the calming down of powerful elements?

9) There is power in numbers. Atheists will always come last after Christians and muslims....especially muslims.

10) Majority of people are followers and like to be followers. You will notice that majority of the good/knowledgeable threads come from a few religious "scholars".

==============================================
Bonus points.

11) The nail that sticks out will be hammered. If you are a minority or a unique sect when it comes to religion. You will be discriminated against.

12) No thread criticizing something in islam will make front page (since 2013)....except it is boko haram news with which our overlords will tell us has nothing to do with islam.

==========================================

Important points to note
-This is my last thread/topic on islam. I have given up since the latest drama from that section
-I have not used any bigoted language towards anyone on this thread
-I wrote this thread for christians and atheists although anyone is free to comment
-There are different interpretations of islam. Islamic forums in UK are different in behaviour compared to Nairaland.
-Hence, when talking about nairaland islam, I am not talking about ALL MUSLIMS

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt From Islam On Nairaland by lirusehn(m): 11:06am On Oct 07, 2014

i seriously cant get ur points undecided

5 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt From Islam On Nairaland by logicboy01: 11:07am On Oct 07, 2014
This thread is for those who have experience and common sense on nairaland wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt From Islam On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 07, 2014
undecided undecided undecided undecided

We have a new terrorist.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt From Islam On Nairaland by logicboy01: 11:11am On Oct 07, 2014
TrollMan:
undecided undecided undecided undecided

We have a new terrorist.

Please explain
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt From Islam On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 07, 2014
Are u trying to islamitize nairaland or what better still create your own website with d name islamic site of nigeria
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt From Islam On Nairaland by logicboy01: 12:38pm On Oct 07, 2014
daresma93:
Are u trying to islamitize nairaland or what better still create your own website with d name islamic site of nigeria

Please, reread the op. I am not a muslim
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt From Islam On Nairaland by traware(m): 12:57pm On Oct 07, 2014
lirusehn:

i seriously cant get ur points undecided

Dunce,how will you ever get his points?I suggest you go back to using your other username 'Misogynist2014' and continue attacking women.@Logicboy01 I love this your post.Why do you think there is a denial by moslems of Boko haram and IS not following islamic tenets in their movements?In other words,why are moslems always saying BH and IS members aren't moslems when they clearly are and how did the moderator in the Islam section become so powerful?Is he a shareholder on Nairaland?
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt From Islam On Nairaland by lirusehn(m): 1:00pm On Oct 07, 2014
traware:
Dunce,how will you ever get his points?I suggest you go back to using your other username
'Misogynist2014'

and continue attacking women.

ave alwz knwn ur type. Gudday bro smiley
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt From Islam On Nairaland by cannonnier(m): 1:33am On Oct 08, 2014
Even though some of you guy come here to spew rubbish and wouldn't agree to lose argument In front of fact and reason, but rather resort to blasphemy, Which is obviously the main reason you are being blocked out of the Islamic section (am not consulted though). In line with that I don't see anything wrong with the decision.

But the op has some good reasons, which I shall raise a discuss on soon.

Meanwhile, If you have any question or criticism post it in the religion section and we will come to your aid or to our defense.

Thanks as you comply.

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt From Islam On Nairaland by maclatunji: 5:43am On Oct 08, 2014
Thread locked because of disrespectful nature to Muslims. The other option would be to hide it totally.

7 Likes

(1)

Head of Sunni Muftis In France Embraces Shia Islam / Islamic Theologian's Theory / Beautiful Hadith Of The Prophet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.