Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,233 members, 7,953,882 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:14 AM

A Question For The Atheists - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Question For The Atheists (10015 Views)

The Atheists Test / The Best Of The Atheists In Nairaland So Far / To All The Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Question For The Atheists by JEITO: 3:44pm On Oct 10, 2014
alexis:
finofaya

The contention is on the demonstration you want. Remember, you tried to prove consciousness yet didn't come close. However, you still believe it exist. Am I to write you off as not being serious since you apply one standard to prove consciousness but refuse to use the same standard to prove God.

Again, it's the criteria of evidence. In your evidence of consciousness, it was your awareness and knowledge of awareness; while that is not tangible evidence, it is inherent knowledge that confirms consciousness exist

It amounts to verifying the contents of the Bible with earlier documents that predates the Bible. For example, the Bible claims Jesus was born and was later crucified. You have to verify that by historical documents such as the Roman accounts. Most importantly, you have to cross reference it with multiple independent accounts to confirm if the event is true as described in the Bible.

That is the point, if I see evidence He lied then I know the God as He describe Himself is arbitrary and has gone against His own principles

If we all didn't have free will and programmed as robots, we will not be having this discussion. You will keeping looping and confirming that God is Almighty and even when your hand is cut off; you will have no idea of pain even when you are in pain. You will not have emotions, you probably will have kids with your mother (no harm intended). I will choose free will any day

No one said you made it up. I am saying that verse was addressing Israelites. There is no where there that it was taught to enforce it on non-jews. Also, the laws of Moses are different from the law of God (10 commandments)

Not my intention

By principle He does

Don't be hasty to put words in the Bible mouth; read Ezekiel 16:49-50
weldone bro
Re: A Question For The Atheists by alexis(m): 4:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
Weah96:

Do you understand the relationship between a flock of sheep and a shepherd?

And what does tripping have to do with anything? Were the writers of the bible not hardcore drug addicts?

The only person that we have evidence that took any substance and that have confirmed it is you. If you have evidence of every single Bible writer taking substance; please bring proof.
Re: A Question For The Atheists by Weah96: 4:54pm On Oct 10, 2014
alexis:

The only person that we have evidence that took any substance and that have confirmed it is you. If you have evidence of every single Bible writer taking substance; please bring proof.

The evidence is the bible itself.

Virgins don't give birth, snakes don't talk, dead people do not wake up after 3 days of relaxing in the soil.

But all these things are possible when the nervous system is under the influence of entheogens.

When was the last time you saw a virgin mother, or a dead man walking around one week after his funeral?

The authors of the bible either intended it to be a completely fictional book, or they were HIGHER than even God himself.

3 Likes

Re: A Question For The Atheists by Oduduwaboy(m): 6:35pm On Oct 10, 2014
JEITO:
God is the source of life.
Wow.See church-speak!
Re: A Question For The Atheists by alexis(m): 7:19pm On Oct 10, 2014
Weah96

You said all the Bible writers took substance - I asked you for proof and you are here swallowing your tongue

Virgins don't give birth, snakes don't talk, dead people do not wake up after 3 days of relaxing in the soil.

You believe they don't - I believe they do.

But all these things are possible when the nervous system is under the influence of entheogens.

Oh yes - Cocaine and Heroine can make you see things grin

When was the last time you saw a virgin mother, or a dead man walking around one week after his funeral

Easy - do you believe in miracles?

The authors of the bible either intended it to be a completely fictional book, or they were HIGHER than even God himself.

So, 66 authors over different life-times all sat down together and decided it should be a fictional book?
Re: A Question For The Atheists by Weah96: 11:35am On Oct 11, 2014
alexis:
Weah96

You said all the Bible writers took substance - I asked you for proof and you are here swallowing your tongue

You believe they don't - I believe they do.

Oh yes - Cocaine and Heroine can make you see things grin

Easy - do you believe in miracles?

So, 66 authors over different life-times all sat down together and decided it should be a fictional book?

Cocaine and heroin are NOT entheogens. Get your drugs right, I never said they were rock stars.

Quit this appeal to traditional values tactic my brother. I'm impervious to it.

Since you believe that virgins give birth, contrary to the findings of medical science, kindly tell us where the last recorded event was witnessed.

Let me see the gospel of Joseph, the step father of Jesus. He may have had one or two things to say about that whole virginity business.
Re: A Question For The Atheists by Kay17: 3:36pm On Oct 11, 2014
JEITO:
you see, dis is the challenge. It is good that it is only in your terms that God is meaningless. That means you have work to do.

Why not take out time to investigate if God truly exist? I mean the over 4billion people that believe in God, can't all be wrong na! Atleast they are not all illiterate.

But you have been unable to adequately define who God is.
Re: A Question For The Atheists by JEITO: 9:24pm On Oct 11, 2014
Kay17:

But you have been unable to adequately define who God is.
that is where you are missing it. God is not a "thing" or "concept" that you can "adequately" define. You can't define God. You speak of God based on the revelation you have about him. So don't expect me to tell you God is dis, having that, doing those.

That would be limiting the infinitness of God's ability.
Re: A Question For The Atheists by Kay17: 10:52pm On Oct 11, 2014
JEITO:
that is where you are missing it. God is not a "thing" or "concept" that you can "adequately" define. You can't define God. You speak of God based on the revelation you have about him. So don't expect me to tell you God is dis, having that, doing those.

That would be limiting the infinitness of God's ability.

Ah! That bangs the nail on the head. I have no revelations from a vague being called God and I'm therefore justified at discountenancing his existence.

1 Like

Re: A Question For The Atheists by davien(m): 12:10am On Oct 12, 2014
alexis so you think 66 authors wrote the bible? cheesy lmao!
Much of the bibles authors are unknown...those that are known contradict themselves on the things they allegedly also wrote....raising more eye-brows undecided .....those 66 books of today were voted to be in the bible....the books chosen still contain passages referring you to the unadded books.....
Re: A Question For The Atheists by Nobody: 3:27am On Oct 12, 2014
@JEITO
'in god we trust' was added to the dollar in the year 1956. It wasnt there before.
Re: A Question For The Atheists by alexis(m): 4:21am On Oct 12, 2014
davien:
alexis so you think 66 authors wrote the bible? cheesy lmao!
Much of the bibles authors are unknown...those that are known contradict themselves on the things they allegedly also wrote....raising more eye-brows undecided .....those 66 books of today were voted to be in the bible....the books chosen still contain passages referring you to the unadded books.....

My mistake - I meant different authors wrote 66 books. You said most of the Bible authors are unknown; which of the books of the Bible are the authors unknown?
Re: A Question For The Atheists by alexis(m): 4:27am On Oct 12, 2014
Weah96

Cocaine and heroin are NOT entheogens. Get your drugs right, I never said they were rock stars

You have to induce yourself to experience fairies Bros - you can call it any name you want. The fact is you have to be under the influence of some kind of substance

That is your cup of tea.

Since you believe that virgins give birth, contrary to the findings of medical science, kindly tell us where the last recorded event was witnessed

You sound ignorant - http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/01/22/the-strange-science-behind-virgin-births.html

Let me see the gospel of Joseph, the step father of Jesus. He may have had one or two things to say about that whole virginity business.

Try this, take a large dose of your entheogens; ask one of the fairies you meet to take you back 2000 years and consult Joseph on it. If that doesn't work - do some historical research and stop displaying your ignorance on historical matters on a public forum
Re: A Question For The Atheists by Weah96: 5:18am On Oct 12, 2014
alexis:
Weah96

You have to induce yourself to experience fairies Bros - you can call it any name you want.

You sound ignorant - http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/01/22/the-strange-science-behind-virgin-births.html

Try this, take a large dose of your entheogens; ask one of the fairies you meet to take you back 2000 years and consult Joseph on it. If that doesn't work - do some historical research and stop displaying your ignorance on historical matters on a public forum

Why are you showing me that link? Hahaha. Did you even read it? The article is making fun of virgin births, not supporting the idea.

Your biblical authors were under the influence of entheogens, just like the modern herbalists, shamans, and native doctors.

Their personal hallucinations have nothing to do with me. I share mine for the purpose of generating amusement and general insight.

They obviously consumed a lot more mushrooms than I did, because what they saw were bigger than fairies.

Imagine being so HIGH to the point where you can see angels at the four corners of the earth holding wine glasses.

I envy them, but for different reasons.
Re: A Question For The Atheists by alexis(m): 7:32am On Oct 12, 2014
Weah96

Why are you showing me that link? Hahaha. Did you even read it? The article is making fun of virgin births, not supporting the idea.

Just the way you are making fun; however you asked for instances didn't you?

Your biblical authors were under the influence of entheogens, just like the modern herbalists, shamans, and native doctors.

Really? Any proof?

Their personal hallucinations have nothing to do with me. I share mine for the purpose of generating amusement and general insight.

At least you admitted you are on substance. Please provide proof of Biblical authors taking substance like yourself?

They obviously consumed a lot more mushrooms than I did, because what they saw were bigger than fairies.

Perhaps you should take more mushrooms, perhaps 2.5 billion people that believe their account might dis-believe theirs and take you serious

I envy them, but for different reasons.

Your cup of tea Bros
Re: A Question For The Atheists by davien(m): 10:23am On Oct 12, 2014
alexis:

My mistake - I meant different authors wrote 66 books. You said most of the Bible authors are unknown; which of the books of the Bible are the authors unknown?
job...ruth...song of solomon...psalms....proverbs....chronicles etc
Re: A Question For The Atheists by JEITO: 1:46pm On Oct 13, 2014
frank317:

Wish u could respond to seun's reply. Stop pretendin u didn't see it
since seun skillfully dodged the question I asked him last, I was expecting that you would bail him out with the answer but you have surprisingly been quiet about it also or you wanna pretend you didn't see it too
Re: A Question For The Atheists by Weah96: 4:17pm On Oct 13, 2014
alexis:
Weah96

Just the way you are making fun; however you asked for instances didn't you?

At least you admitted you are on substance. Please provide proof of Biblical authors taking substance like yourself?

Mushrooms are eaten, like garden eggs, not taken.

And you've still not shown me any recorded incidents of virgin births.
You instead directed me to a website that mocks the phenomenon.
Re: A Question For The Atheists by alexis(m): 5:35pm On Oct 13, 2014
Weah96

Mushrooms are eaten, like garden eggs, not taken.

Alot of people eat mushrooms and don't see fairies Weah. I eat mushrooms and not see fairies either. So, obviously you are not telling us what kind of mushrooms these are or you are playing pretend

And you've still not shown me any recorded incidents of virgin births.

I sent you a link where you said they were making fun of Virgin births and there were examples in there. What else do you want?

You instead directed me to a website that mocks the phenomenon.

Did that link mentioned examples of virgin births or not?
Re: A Question For The Atheists by Weah96: 4:30am On Oct 14, 2014
alexis:
Weah96

Alot of people eat mushrooms and don't see fairies Weah. I eat mushrooms and not see fairies either. So, obviously you are not telling us what kind of mushrooms these are or you are playing pretend

I sent you a link where you said they were making fun of Virgin births and there were examples in there. What else do you want?

Did that link mentioned examples of virgin births or not?

There are edible mushrooms, psychedelic mushrooms, and even poisonous ones.
I'm referring to psychedelic mushrooms.

You should be ashamed to present those examples as proof that virgins do give birth. I accept your concession.

2 Likes

Re: A Question For The Atheists by alexis(m): 9:21pm On Oct 14, 2014
Weah96

There are edible mushrooms, psychedelic mushrooms, and even poisonous ones.
I'm referring to psychedelic mushrooms.

So you are taking stimulants or drugs that produce hallucinations and see fairies? It is difficult to know if the mushrooms are psilocybin mushrooms because poisonous mushrooms also cause hallucinogenic effects. Some users experience such extremely unpleasant hallucinations that the fear of that experience remains with them for life such aggravate conditions like schizophrenia, mania, or depression.

The psychological consequences of psilocybin found in psychedelic mushrooms use include hallucinations and an inability to discern fantasy from reality. Panic reactions and psychosis also may occur, particularly if a user ingests a large dose.

You should be ashamed to present those examples as proof that virgins do give birth. I accept your concession.

Did you or did you not ask for example? The issue here is simple; you do not believe in God nor miracles so how would virgin birth make any sense to you? But you rather take illegal drugs (YES, IT IS ILLEGAL) and hallucinate as evidence of your connection with the divine - truly pathetic! You believe in consciousness and fairies when under a drug when you can't actually explain their origins but you deny "God" because you can't explain His origin - double standard huh?
Re: A Question For The Atheists by Weah96: 5:05pm On Oct 15, 2014
alexis:
Weah96

So you are taking stimulants or drugs that produce hallucinations and see fairies? It is difficult to know if the mushrooms are psilocybin mushrooms because poisonous mushrooms also cause hallucinogenic effects. Some users experience such extremely unpleasant hallucinations that the fear of that experience remains with them for life such aggravate conditions like schizophrenia, mania, or depression.

The psychological consequences of psilocybin found in psychedelic mushrooms use include hallucinations and an inability to discern fantasy from reality. Panic reactions and psychosis also may occur, particularly if a user ingests a large dose.

Did you or did you not ask for example? The issue here is simple; you do not believe in God nor miracles so how would virgin birth make any sense to you? But you rather take illegal drugs (YES, IT IS ILLEGAL) and hallucinate as evidence of your connection with the divine - truly pathetic! You believe in consciousness and fairies when under a drug when you can't actually explain their origins but you deny "God" because you can't explain His origin - double standard huh?

Dude, you're as ignorant as they come. Your Biblical writers took drugs and couldn't distinguish fantasy from reality. I can. Deal with it.

I don't believe in talking snakes, and virgin baby mamas, even though I consume recreational magic shrooms.

The authors of the bible clearly took their narcotic use too far.

Imagine someone wrestling with GOD? Where does that happen except under the auspices of entheogens?

Is it a coincidence that the location of said fight was Peniel, or the pineal gland, the source of visual hallucination in humans. Hahaha.

Let's examine the description of your manna in exodus, and see if it doesn't sound like a description of mushrooms. Exodus 16:

13 And it came to pass, that at even the quails came up, and covered the camp: and in the morning the dew lay round about the host.

14 And when the dew that lay was gone up, behold, upon the face of the wilderness there lay a small round thing, as small as the hoar frost on the ground.

15 And when the children of Israel saw it, they said one to another, It is manna: for they wist not what it was. And Moses said unto them, This is the bread which the Lord hath given you to eat.

Now read Hebrews 9:3-4 and see where the "angels
food" was kept.

The only difference between your authors and myself resides in the fact that I don't consume the quantity of entheogens that they regularly did. The reason is simple, I have a real job and can't afford to be lying around the house geeked up to my eyeballs.

Btw, entheogens are legal in many parts of south America where they occupy a traditional religious role, so spare me your appeal to the authority of the government.

Cigarettes kill 450k people in the US annually and yet they're legal.
Cannabis is illegal even though it hasn't yet killed anyone.

Is that the kind of judgment you expect me to revere? Do you know what a political lobby is?

2 Likes

Re: A Question For The Atheists by Weah96: 6:06pm On Oct 15, 2014
Notice how only the high priest was allowed to enter the second tabernacle during service, in Hebrews 9:7, that's where the manna was kept daily.

Even after the people of Israel left mount Sinai, formed a kingdom of their own, and had plenty of food to eat, the high priest was still eating manna during service.

Do I look like a fool to you? The biblical stories match the kinds of stories that native doctors and shamans would tell newly enrolled apprentices before feeding them magic plants. Hahaha.
Re: A Question For The Atheists by alexis(m): 10:23pm On Oct 15, 2014
Weah96

Dude, you're as ignorant as they come. Your Biblical writers took drugs and couldn't distinguish fantasy from reality. I can. Deal with it.

grin. I have asked you for proof but so far you have insisted on been stubborn even against history. I find it hard to argue with a drug addict

I don't believe in talking snakes, and virgin baby mamas, even though I consume recreational magic shrooms.

But you believe in talking fairies, cookie monsters when you are over-dosed yourself with illegal drugs? Cha - stupidi.ty is instead a gift to some

Is it a coincidence that the location of said fight was Peniel, or the pineal gland, the source of visual hallucination in humans. Hahaha.

You can justify your illegal drug use all you want. I don't need to hallucinate to realize that humans didn't come from fish or that the earth and heavens is not some freak accident that got us here

Let's examine the description of your manna in exodus, and see if it doesn't sound like a description of mushrooms.

Awwww, you want to find justification for your illegal drugs use in the Bible? You will have to try harder than that Bros grin

The only difference between your authors and myself resides in the fact that I don't consume the quantity of entheogens that they regularly did. The reason is simple, I have a real job and can't afford to be lying around the house geeked up to my eyeballs.

Can you prove they used entheogens apart from your usual rants. If you can't; please shutup and sit down

Btw, entheogens are legal in many parts of south America where they occupy a traditional religious role, so spare me your appeal to the authority of the government.

Say that to the feds when you are caught and believe you me; you won't be hallucinating when you are in prison

Cigarettes kill 450k people in the US annually and yet they're legal. Cannabis is illegal even though it hasn't yet killed anyone.

Malu - does that make it right? What has legality got to do with morals?

Is that the kind of judgment you expect me to revere? Do you know what a political lobby is?

Bros, sit down and take a chill pill.
Re: A Question For The Atheists by alexis(m): 10:36pm On Oct 15, 2014
Weah96

Notice how only the high priest was allowed to enter the second tabernacle during service, in Hebrews 9:7, that's where the manna was kept daily.

I believe the fairies told you this; oh wait it was the cookie monster grin

Do I look like a fool to you? The biblical stories match the kinds of stories that native doctors and shamans would tell newly enrolled apprentices before feeding them magic plants. Hahaha.

Who cares what you believe? I for one certainly don't. I find it hard to debate someone who has no historical clue about the subject they are discussing especially when that person is a drug addict on illegal drugs. . You were the same idiot that claimed Jesus never existed - how can I debate someone like you?
Re: A Question For The Atheists by asalimpo(m): 10:52pm On Oct 15, 2014
Weah96:

When was the last time you saw a virgin mother, or a dead man walking around one week after his funeral?

that's y people like u will always hav problems with d bible-you evaluate it from ur limited/world view. Thinking you know it all.
What makes you or men the final authority on what is possible?
As a matter of fact, the bible stories shud tell any1 tht events in it surpass human logic and is therefore either a bunch of lies or truths of a supernatural kind.

You dont 5000 with a loaf of bread
You dont walk on water
You dont stop rain from falling for 3 years
You dont giv birth to your first child @ age 90
You dont part a sea with a stick
You dont have the sun shining @ night
You dont hear donkeys talk back
you dont have food falling from the sky
You dont kill trees with spoken words

all these are impossible naturally - except there's a higher power that can suspend/circumvent physcal laws. AND THERE IS.
Re: A Question For The Atheists by alexis(m): 11:04pm On Oct 15, 2014
davien:
job...ruth...song of solomon...psalms....proverbs....chronicles etc

Sorry mate, I missed this post - will respond shortly
Re: A Question For The Atheists by asalimpo(m): 11:09pm On Oct 15, 2014
Weah96:

Cocaine and heroin are NOT entheogens. Get your drugs right, I never said they were rock stars.

Since you believe that virgins give birth, contrary to the findings of medical science, kindly tell us where the last recorded event was witnessed.

since you know enuff of d bible to
doubt that a virgin can bear child,then you may also know the same bible talks of an all-powerful being , who isnt limited to the barriers of natural science.
With God all things are possible,including a virgin birthing child.
Re: A Question For The Atheists by Weah96: 11:30pm On Oct 15, 2014
asalimpo:

since you know enuff of d bible to
doubt that a virgin can bear child,then you may also know the same bible talks of an all-powerful being , who isnt limited to the barriers of natural science.
With God all things are possible,including a virgin birthing child.

My friend, you're shameless. Your fictional God couldn't cure a headache even if it had the keys to a warehouse filled with Tylenol.
Re: A Question For The Atheists by Weah96: 11:32pm On Oct 15, 2014
alexis:
Weah96

grin. I have asked you for proof but so far you have insisted on been stubborn even against history. I find it hard to argue with a drug addict

But you believe in talking fairies, cookie monsters when you are over-dosed yourself with illegal drugs? Cha - stupidi.ty is instead a gift to some

You can justify your illegal drug use all you want. I don't need to hallucinate to realize that humans didn't come from fish or that the earth and heavens is not some freak accident that got us here

Awwww, you want to find justification for your illegal drugs use in the Bible? You will have to try harder than that Bros grin

Can you prove they used entheogens apart from your usual rants. If you can't; please shutup and sit down

Say that to the feds when you are caught and believe you me; you won't be hallucinating when you are in prison

Malu - does that make it right? What has legality got to do with morals?

Bros, sit down and take a chill pill.

The proof is the nonsense written in the bible itself, talking snakes, resurrected human beings, and cheap magic tricks.

There is no corresponding example in reality, you shameless human being.

I don't believe in fairies bro, only your dishonest nature is preventing you from acknowledging what I've repeated here countless times.

I only wish that your wife comes home pregnant with one of these fatherless virgin children.

1 Like

Re: A Question For The Atheists by Weah96: 11:40pm On Oct 15, 2014
asalimpo:

that's y people like u will always hav problems with d bible-you evaluate it from ur limited/world view. Thinking you know it all.
What makes you or men the final authority on what is possible?
As a matter of fact, the bible stories shud tell any1 tht events in it surpass human logic and is therefore either a bunch of lies or truths of a supernatural kind.

You dont 5000 with a loaf of bread
You dont walk on water
You dont stop rain from falling for 3 years
You dont giv birth to your first child @ age 90
You dont part a sea with a stick
You dont have the sun shining @ night
You dont hear donkeys talk back
you dont have food falling from the sky
You dont kill trees with spoken words

all these are impossible naturally - except there's a higher power that can suspend/circumvent physcal laws. AND THERE IS.

Show me an example of such suspension outside the confines of the NOVEL?

Is Ebola not proof enough that your God is a fictional one like the Greek and Roman Gods?
Re: A Question For The Atheists by Weah96: 11:50pm On Oct 15, 2014
alexis:
Weah96

I believe the fairies told you this; oh wait it was the cookie monster grin

Who cares what you believe? I for one certainly don't. I find it hard to debate someone who has no historical clue about the subject they are discussing especially when that person is a drug addict on illegal drugs. . You were the same idiot that claimed Jesus never existed - how can I debate someone like you?

Illegal drug is a meaningless phrase. MLK once said that legality doesn't determine what's right or wrong, you simpleton.

It was once illegal to share water fountains with white people. People went to jail for breaking that law.

My friend, your bible was written by drug users. Deal with it. Hahaha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Do You Believe In Prayers Posted Online? / Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? / Rhapsody Of Realities 2020 Edition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.