Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. (15901 Views)

Police Take Over Headquarters Of NFF Following Court Order Sacking Amaju Pinnick / Court Sacks Amaju Pinnick As NFF President / It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by Geenet: 8:40am On Oct 08, 2014
w
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by omonla555: 8:41am On Oct 08, 2014
ok o
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by NeuroBoss(m): 8:42am On Oct 08, 2014
This man sure has plans.
Fire Keshi now, please do!
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by tsolz500: 8:44am On Oct 08, 2014
Have you eaten today?
Please stop drolling

You re raining saliva on NL

rickkid:

I give up.
Here we have an NFF president who STILL has that useless "Oyinbo go save us" mentality. What rubbish is this?! "European developmental leagues" what the fuggin trashheap is that?!
This 1diot thinks it's Europe who will develop our players for us. Here I was expecting someone intelligent enough to grasp the concept of self development and improvement. What is the plan for our league? How are we to raise its technical and aesthetic standard and make it financially self sustaining so that we can start keeping our players here to benefit our national team? Here I was thinking this clown would be answering such questions.
Instead all the buffoon wants to do is collect govt allocation and use it to pay some white fool who is then supposed to cast some oyibo magic spell over the national team and win the world cup, afcon, confed cup, chan and wafu cup beating every team 5-0 along the way. The magic that didn't work with Philippe Troussier, Bora Milutinovic, Bertie Vogts, Lars Lagerback, Clemens Westerhof and Bonfrere Jo will somehow work this time. Oh, and while we're at it, let's do nothing to improve the state of our league. In fact let's go round every quarter and remove the 4 best talents from there, then let's package them off to the Dutch second division, pocketing some nice "fees" in the process. Gullible Nigerians who lick the buttocks of European football will hail us and to the skeptical ones we'll sell it as "polishing talent in "European developmental leagues." " (whatever the feck that even means!)

Feck you Amaju Pinnick.

Feck you, feck your NFF, feck your white juju mercenary coach, feck your "european developmental leagues", feck everything about you and your office you slimy, shameless, utterly revolting piece of sh1t!

Go to hell!

1 Like

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by eleko1: 8:52am On Oct 08, 2014
angry smiley tongue sadThey shoould just do the needful asap and toast the fat jerk outa as supa Eagus coach.He kept banning dos who dnt play/dance to his tune(bribe)and refer them as rebel children. cool
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by nationwide1(m): 8:56am On Oct 08, 2014
What will the foreign coach change? Why can't we learn to extol and explore what we have?
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by jnrbayano(m): 8:57am On Oct 08, 2014
My greatest wish...
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 08, 2014
I said enough of the gibberish.. Let's hand over the baton to Sunday oliseh and finidi George.. You will see a combination of midfield dynamics courtesy of Sunday oliseh and tiki taka courtesy of finidi George.. This duo is what the super eagles need.. Anything short of that, let us forget of MORROC 2015..

1 Like

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by Goke7: 9:05am On Oct 08, 2014
even the former nff chairman said more than this when he took over and FIFA almost banned us.

Nff chairmen telling lies since 1960

1 Like

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by ugoezeik(m): 9:07am On Oct 08, 2014
rickkid:

I give up.
Here we have an NFF president who STILL has that useless "Oyinbo go save us" mentality. What rubbish is this?! "European developmental leagues" what the fuggin trashheap is that?!
This 1diot thinks it's Europe who will develop our players for us. Here I was expecting someone intelligent enough to grasp the concept of self development and improvement. What is the plan for our league? How are we to raise its technical and aesthetic standard and make it financially self sustaining so that we can start keeping our players here to benefit our national team? Here I was thinking this clown would be answering such questions.
Instead all the buffoon wants to do is collect govt allocation and use it to pay some white fool who is then supposed to cast some oyibo magic spell over the national team and win the world cup, afcon, confed cup, chan and wafu cup beating every team 5-0 along the way. The magic that didn't work with Philippe Troussier, Bora Milutinovic, Bertie Vogts, Lars Lagerback, Clemens Westerhof and Bonfrere Jo will somehow work this time. Oh, and while we're at it, let's do nothing to improve the state of our league. In fact let's go round every quarter and remove the 4 best talents from there, then let's package them off to the Dutch second division, pocketing some nice "fees" in the process. Gullible Nigerians who lick the buttocks of European football will hail us and to the skeptical ones we'll sell it as "polishing talent in "European developmental leagues." " (whatever the feck that even means!)

Feck you Amaju Pinnick.

Feck you, feck your NFF, feck your white juju mercenary coach, feck your "european developmental leagues", feck everything about you and your office you slimy, shameless, utterly revolting piece of sh1t!

Go to hell!
hhhhhhhhh bro ur comment is too long but I as a person understand ur pains d way I am hurt also here with dis buffoon statements. wch mean all dis local contents fg has been promoting since is jux lik a music jingle to dis man ehhh? issoryt
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by Klinee: 9:12am On Oct 08, 2014
The man is talking rubbish!!

1 Like

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 08, 2014
tsolz500:
Have you eaten today?
Please stop drolling

You re raining saliva on NL

Contrary to popular opinion, one needs not be a hungry person to be concerned about one's country and the direction it is taking.
All I want is for Nigeria to be taken serious in my lifetime. I want us to go into a global senior tournament being spoken of as potential winners and not "African ever present dark horses with potential". Feck "potential". I hate "potential".
For us to make good on that potential, we have to start doing things the right way - building from the bottom up. We have no business looking for a foreign coach. The only footballing country globally with a greater population than us is Brazil! We have ALL the talents we need - managerial as well as playing talent - right here in the country right now. The reason our talent (like Keshi) is not winning World Cups and beating Argentina 4-0 is because of the lack of suitable structure and organisation, not because there is some supreme ultimate white european tactician somewhere who will come and hypnotise our Super Eagles and turn Efe Ambrose into Cafu, Oboabona into Maldini and Emenike into Romario - it does not work like that!
Even Jose Mourinho would not get better performances out of this setup than Keshi! Let Chelsea owe Mourinho's wages for 2 months, let's see how his team will perform. Here, we owed Keshi, our most successful coach ever for 7 MONTHS and made him handle a b-grade tournament (CHAN) over that period. While Keshi's home-based Eagles were beating Morocco 4-3 at CHAN, his salary had not been paid since November can you believe that?
So instead of talking about some overhyped foreign manager as if all our ex-players (many of whom have FIFA and UEFA coaching badges) are blockheads, let's DO THE RIGHT THING FOR ONCE.
Let's improve our league system.
Eliminate owing of players and managers at all levels of the game from Nationwide Division 1 to Senior National Team.
Negotiate sponsorship packages with corporates and ring-fence the Glo Premier League, like the American MLS.
Send our coaches abroad regularly for refresher courses so that they can compete with their foreign mates. Not that everytime we have 2 poor results we start looking for that magic foreign coach who will do what no foreign coach has ever done for any country in the world.

I just want Nigeria to be taken serious for once.

Is that so much to ask?!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by mpowa(m): 9:21am On Oct 08, 2014
Umunede:
I watched that programme. He also said that NFF will set up a Technical committee that will compile and grade all our foreign players into Grade A, B and C based on the league they are playing and how regular they play in their club. He said there will be no way of inviting someone in playing in China when there is someone playing regularly in a top league.

Thank God oh! Keshi seriously needs this. He had been given free hand choose but had shown he doesn't deserve it, he'll leave someone in top form playing regularly in top clubs to pick someone that rarely get playing time in China and Austria. would've even been acceptable if his tactics are sound, but tactics we no get, quality players sef we no get, how we want perform.

1 Like

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by manuch(m): 9:27am On Oct 08, 2014
A coach should be able pick his own players and live and die by it. if not if he fails he will have the excuse that it is not his players.

1 Like

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by tsolz500: 9:33am On Oct 08, 2014
Hhhmm

Okk I get your drift..
Pardon my earlier comment.
Have a funfilled day bro
rickkid:

Contrary to popular opinion, one needs not be a hungry person to be concerned about one's country and the direction it is taking.
All I want is for Nigeria to be taken serious in my lifetime. I want us to go into a global senior tournament being spoken of as potential winners and not "African ever present dark horses with potential". Feck "potential". I hate "potential".
For us to make good on that potential, we have to start doing things the right way - building from the bottom up. We have no business looking for a foreign coach. The only footballing country globally with a greater population than us is Brazil! We have ALL the talents we need - managerial as well as playing talent - right here in the country right now. The reason our talent (like Keshi) is not winning World Cups and beating Argentina 4-0 is because of the lack of suitable structure and organisation, not because there is some supreme ultimate white european tactician somewhere who will come and hypnotise our Super Eagles and turn Efe Ambrose into Cafu, Oboabona into Maldini and Emenike into Romario - it does not work like that!
Even Jose Mourinho would not get better performances out of this setup than Keshi! Let Chelsea owe Mourinho's wages for 2 months, let's see how his team will perform. Here, we owed Keshi, our most successful coach ever for 7 MONTHS and made him handle a b-grade tournament (CHAN) over that period. While Keshi's home-based Eagles were beating Morocco 4-3 at CHAN, his salary had not been paid since November can you believe that?
So instead of talking about some overhyped foreign manager as if all our ex-players (many of whom have FIFA and UEFA coaching badges) are blockheads, let's DO THE RIGHT THING FOR ONCE.
Let's improve our league system.
Eliminate owing of players and managers at all levels of the game from Nationwide Division 1 to Senior National Team.
Negotiate sponsorship packages with corporates and ring-fence the Glo Premier League, like the American MLS.
Send our coaches abroad regularly for refresher courses so that they can compete with their foreign mates. Not that everytime we have 2 poor results we start looking for that magic foreign coach who will do what no foreign coach has ever done for any country in the world.

I just want Nigeria to be taken serious for once.

Is that so much to ask?!

1 Like

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by pdrefurb: 9:35am On Oct 08, 2014
Well this has basically been -̶̯͡»̶̥✽̸̨̨̤̥̈̊͡ᵐ̲ʸ̲ fear...why shud this man be thinkn of a foreign technical adviser @ this level that we are..hiring one is like taking ours back seriously,sir we don't need any....if u still think we need one rhen oga Ɣ☺ΰ be old skool and Ɣ☺ΰ not fit 4 the job...u beginin 2 sound like the anti keshi who wants 2 get rid of him the moment Ɣ☺ΰ Ђαvξ the power
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by condralbede(m): 10:00am On Oct 08, 2014
Its OK...provided is not Moyesgrin

1 Like

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by watchindelta(m): 10:01am On Oct 08, 2014
No way gv siasia a chance
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by daveP(m): 10:05am On Oct 08, 2014
I look@ our league and one word come out- 'it is just there'

well Siasia should be recalled, or better still lets give Sunday Oliseh a chance. I've come to always conclude that the coaches arent the fault. It IS ALWAYS NFF. (MONEY TODAY, SALARY TMRW, FOREIGN A WEEK LATER) c'mon.

Pinnick better start well by thinking right.
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 08, 2014
As in undecided
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:09am On Oct 08, 2014
Umunede:
I watched that programme. He also said that NFF will set up a Technical committee that will compile and grade all our foreign players into Grade A, B and C based on the league they are playing and how regular they play in their club. He said there will be no way of inviting someone in playing in China when there is someone playing regularly in a top league.
He is totally wrong. Following his idea, Omeruo, Oboabona and Mba would never have been given a chance to play at the last AFCON.

If a Coach sees a player on the bench in Division Three Pakistan League and the Coach believes he can turn him into a star, the coach should be given a chance.

Coach Arsene Wenger signed Kolo Toure from Cote D'Ivoire. He turned out a star defender in the Arsenal squad.

The NFF should stop interfering with the Coach's job.

3 Likes

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:14am On Oct 08, 2014
rickkid:

I give up.

Feck you Amaju Pinnick.

Go to hell!
I agree with you. We should be talking of raising the quality of coaching training in Nigeria. So our local coaches can be developed and trained well here.

Our leagues should be developed and marketed to increase spotlight in local players. The academies should be developed and have a way of competing in the lower divisions like how it is done in Spain.

Sending 4 players overseas would not develop us.
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by starlingbawa(m): 10:17am On Oct 08, 2014
Just assuming the mantle of leadership of the NFF glass house and he's already talking of hiring a foreign technical adviser!

Personally, i have no problem with the NFF chairman hiring a foreign technical adviser, what i do have a 'BIG' problem with is the calibre/quality of the technical adviser in question.

Will the NFF be going for the very best in the business in the likes of 'Guus Hiddink, Fabio Capello, Jurgen Klinsmann et al' or just about any coach so long he's a foreigner(European or South American)?

If the latter is the case then i have an issue with that since it would be a return to the 'Vicious Circle' of yester years.

Come to think of it, do our football administrators at the NFF glass house ever learn?
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by Segadem(m): 10:18am On Oct 08, 2014
Bryan12:
Picnic
Barbecue
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by Segadem(m): 10:26am On Oct 08, 2014
nationwide1:
What will the foreign coach change? Why can't we learn to extol and explore what we have?
is like many of them have forgotten what happened in south Africa when Amodu Shuabu was dropped and NFF went for foreign coach,
the rest is history!

1 Like

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by teebun: 10:30am On Oct 08, 2014
As much as i want keshi out,i don't think this is d right time for the nff chairman to start talking about a replacement for keshi in public.
We have two crucial qualifers coming up in days and all these talk talk is not good for keshi and the team.
I watched d interview,and there were some other unneccessary things he said.
Pinnick seems like a talkative.He needs to be diplomatic while answering some questions.

1 Like

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by steppin: 10:39am On Oct 08, 2014
rickkid:

I give up.

Feck you Amaju Pinnick.

Go to hell!
What are you going on about? Are you an indigenous coach? Why is his decision causing so much pain to you? Nawa o! Person go carry anoda pesin mata put for head, dey collect headache. If the man feels it's a foreign coach we need, then no problem. How many of our indigenous coaches have good coaching jobs outside Nigeria? NONE! So, stop lamenting!
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by mars123(m): 10:42am On Oct 08, 2014
rickkid:

I give up.

Feck you Amaju Pinnick.

Go to hell!
bros,if you know this man,you'll always give him a listening ear...we all want the best right?So if keshi doesn't qualify us(I know he will),we might be forced to accept a top class foreign coach...Ghana is going to interview both Patrick kluivert(ex netherland assistant coach under van gaal) and Avram Grant(chelseas former coach),so who says Nigeria can't do better?I'm still with keshi 99% though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From Final Training Of Super Eagles Ahead Of Today's Libya's Match / Frank Lampard Appointed As Derby’s Manager On Three-year Contract / FIFA: Criminal Proceedings Against Infantino Launched In Switzerland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.